Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The only way I'm giving up Censure for that is if Judgment procs it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 04:39 PM ----------

Go look at Mage and Feral Druid talent trees/abilities/glyphs. You won't think so.
    I took a brief look at feral druids and PvP looks like it's going to be a mess of roots, speed boosts, knock backs... basically too much of what it doesn't need.

The only way I'm giving up Censure for that is if Judgment procs it.
    Theres pretty much no chance of this happening. Then the only reason to consider BoG would be to keep the 'dot' and have the snare last longer. Which doesn't really compare 'choice wise' to Fist or repent.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I took a brief look at feral druids and PvP looks like it's going to be a mess of roots, speed boosts, knock backs... basically too much of what it doesn't need.
    Its already got stupidly high damage, spammable instant CC, spammable movement impairing effects removal (with disentanglement) and snares. What else did it need lol?

This is the problem with ret being so far behind in terms of melee tools.
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-03-25 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    There pretty much no chance of this happening. Then the only reason to consider BoG would be to keep the 'dot' and have the snare last longer. Which doesn't really compare 'choice wise' to Fist or repent.
    Exactly, which is why I'm going to personally go with Burden of Guilt because I like actually reaching my target and not having to rely on a DK. Plus it gives some kiting ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Theres pretty much no chance of this happening. Then the only reason to consider BoG would be to keep the 'dot' and have the snare last longer. Which doesn't really compare 'choice wise' to Fist or repent.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 10:51 PM ----------

Its already got stupidly high damage, spammable instant CC, spammable movement impairing effects removal (with disentanglement) and snares. What else did it need lol?

This is the problem with ret being so far behind in terms of melee tools.
    It needs less, not more.

Edit: By "it" I mean PvP in general.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [...]Warlocks because they put DOTs on everything and with the way it's set up you literally won't be able to catch up ever and get free fear on DPS [...]
    Warlock multi-dotting is being cut down, even in Affliction spec, if memory serves. At the very least we'll be limited to one Bane of Agony target at a time, much like Bane of Doom is now. Even if those are the only ones with a target limit, it's still a hit to damage output. Or something. I think it's the tank-demons you'll have to watch out for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    It needs less, not more.

Edit: By "it" I mean PvP in general.
    Ah yeah, no arguments there.

I guess they are running out of ideas and are just adding more of it to make the expansions feel more 'exciting' and for players to feel like they have gained something 'new'.

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    Warlock multi-dotting is being cut down, even in Affliction spec, if memory serves. At the very least we'll be limited to one Bane of Agony target at a time, much like Bane of Doom is now. Even if those are the only ones with a target limit, it's still a hit to damage output. Or something. I think it's the tank-demons you'll have to watch out for.
    Well, I hope that would be the case, since magic dispels are nerfed. I haven't played the beta yet so I'm still waiting on the invite and hope to get in some good testing. I'm assuming that Metamorphosis and pet summoning are bugged in some way so they'll fix that obviously.

EDIT: Oh and speaking of magic dispels being nerfed, Mass Dispel is not nerfed. I see what you did there, Blizzard. I see what you did.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-03-25 at 10:10 PM.

hello paladins,

look at your sheep.
    now back at mine.
    now back at your sheep.
    now back at mine.

sadly it's not like mine.
    but if you stopped using holy magic and switched to arcane it could be just like mine.

look down, back up.
    where are you?
    you're in AB.
    with the sheep your sheep could be like.

what's on your spell bar?
    back at me.
    it's a polymorph clone combined with snare and a sprint related talent.
    look again.
    your class is now broken.

anything is possible when the developers smoke some crack and start fucking around.
    i'm on a gryphon.

Quote Originally Posted by scett View Post
    snip
    I lol'd but I'm not sure how long either lasts on players, actually. If they're the same durations on players as on live, they both have their trade-offs: Polymorph can't be viably used on a damaged target, but Repentance can, since it doesn't heal them, though Repentance can be broken by other DOTs. Repentance wouldn't last as long, assuming the same durations. Could be changed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post

Actually nobody is quite sure just how many people are on the design team.

According to rumors that blizzard has done nothing to dissuade however the design & development team is smaller then it has been in the past because more of the designers have been placed on other projects.

Also as for the team being same since GC took over back in late vanilla. Maybe hiring some new designers on the team is just what the game needs?
    It could go a long ways to help by bringing in some new blood. At the very least they would have more programmers & could get things done better at a faster pace & could possibly have someone who would bring up new ideas that they haven't thought of before.

Actually Blizzard specifically went out of their way in their press release to tell people that the WoW development team was not impacted by the firing round in any way, presumably because they predicted the sheer amount of mouthbreathing hipster nerds on mmo-champion (this not referring to you, just the sheer amount of stupid that went around at the time of the announcement) and similar sites who would take this info entirely out of context and start claiming that they'd fired all the best devs and that WoW would die;

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    The World of Warcraft® development team will not be impacted.
    Trouble is that most people, as WoW "fans" tend to enjoy making baseless assumptions and spreading misinformation left and right, only skimmed the news post by Mike Morhaime and didn't read the actual press release.

Also, Ghostcrawler was brought on board in late TBC, not late vanilla. I'm sure there's been new designers added to the team since then, as that's what, four years ago at this point? What we know for sure, though, is that the recent firing round had no effect on the WoW development team at all. Most of the cut positions were redundant CS personnel.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by scett View Post
    hello paladins,

look at your sheep.
    now back at mine.
    now back at your sheep.
    now back at mine.

sadly it's not like mine.
    but if you stopped using holy magic and switched to arcane it could be just like mine.

look down, back up.
    where are you?
    you're in AB.
    with the sheep your sheep could be like.

what's on your spell bar?
    back at me.
    it's a polymorph clone combined with snare and a sprint related talent.
    look again.
    your class is now broken.

anything is possible when the developers smoke some crack and start fucking around.
    i'm on a gryphon.
    arcane mages die fast. nom nom.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Make Denounce consume HP and give it to Ret and Holy both. Fixed!
    That could work. But devs may want it to be holy exclusive because of its spammable and castable nature and the debuff making its target unable to crit, which is why a new move might be needed in the spellbook. A hp consuming move would need to be instant cast just like others.

- It shouldn't (even the glyphed version) outweigh TV damage in anyway (for ret that is, holy depends on 'to be or not to be'),
    - Should allow ret only to sustain a moderate amount of offensive pressure during melee downtime, something is better than nothing..
    - Should be based on pure holy damage like HoW, HS, etc..
    - A glyph that increases its holy damage at the expense of decreasing WoG's healing potency could be even more interesting, and lead to an exciting comeback of the fourth spec with the similar modifications applied to Holy Shock.
    - It could be available to all specs and scaled off of spell power, thus making Shockadins hit hardest with it.
    - Another idea is that Inquisition could actually be used for this move with a secondary effect which deals holy damage at range based on hp consumed in order to prevent clutter (if a new move is considered as clutter right now, considering one more slot is required for the level 90 ability).

- Yet another idea came to my mind right now, a glyph that entirely changes how Inq. operates: The ability now deals holy damage at range instead of increasing holy damage, thus offering an optional play style for people without making the class overpowered. With this glyph you would have more sustained potential while your burst would suffer from a 30% holy damage reduction. (for the pvping ret scrub who hates downtime that is, speaking of preferences)

In tank and spank PvE, optimal pick is the regular Inq, in PvE with lots of adds and movement, the modified Inq. In PvP, it would depend on how you like it. An option worthwhile considering imo, if the addition of such a spell would be considered to make the class more powerful than it's meant to be.

The more options for playstyle, the more subs and people attracted. Balance will always be achieved at the end of the day.

@the whining mage: umad bro?
    @the previous whiner: have you seen my sig? nO.o, I want 501% movement speed, you should have studied your lesson better. Next time!
    Last edited by Vuagnon; 2012-03-26 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.