1. #2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Didn't see anything on the front page about yaks (or mushan for that matter), so I was curious

    Did I miss the discussion about this earlier in the thread or did I report something cool?
    Yaks are tameable and currently classified as Goats. For pet related information I generally tend to visit Petopia forums anyway, they seem to be most up-to-date when it comes to hunter pets...expected really since it's a dedicated hunter site.

  2. #2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Yaks are tameable and currently classified as Goats. For pet related information I generally tend to visit Petopia forums anyway, they seem to be most up-to-date when it comes to hunter pets...expected really since it's a dedicated hunter site.
    Ive been slow updating the pet section of this thread. I promise to get it done this weekend. I hope. As for the Mushan and Yak, many of us at Petopia are certain that these are currently bugged(much like Porcupines and Silkworms were) and aren't meant to be tamable. However, we could be wrong or Blizzard may make them tamable due to sheer popularity. We'll see though!
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  3. #2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Ive been slow updating the pet section of this thread. I promise to get it done this weekend. I hope.
    Oh, I wasn't taking any dig at you with that post. Apologies if you saw it that way. I just meant that I tend to go to various sites so just wanted to pass along the Petopia forums if Davendwarf didn't know about them yet.

  4. #2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Oh, I wasn't taking any dig at you with that post. Apologies if you saw it that way. I just meant that I tend to go to various sites so just wanted to pass along the Petopia forums if Davendwarf didn't know about them yet.
    Oh no no! I didn't. No worries!
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  5. #2005
    Question with stampede and how people are using it in a raiding enviornment, the cast time kinda needs to be reduced or made an instant cast ability imo but there seems to be some false perception that due to hunters having min range removed were suddenly going to be unstoppable when we are just going to be balanced (either remove min range or give us back our extra range over caster wich made min range acceptable in the 1st place but thats another /whinge.)

    So, how are people currently using stampede in raiding situations?

    Pre pull so wont lose 3 secs during boss encounter
    Before hero/lust/TW is used
    During hero/lust/TW
    When you have an itchy nose and need about 3 seconds to scratch it
    Other

  6. #2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    So, how are people currently using stampede in raiding situations?
    In that one raid, on that one boss, on that one single short couple hour window?

    Raids are not implemented yet.


    That said, I assume you are going to want to line it up when you have the most buffs on you. Hero/Potion/etc...
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2012-06-23 at 11:35 PM.

  7. #2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    In that one raid, on that one boss, on that one single short couple hour window?

    Raids are not implemented yet.


    That said, I assume you are going to want to line it up when you have the most buffs on you. Hero/Potion/etc...
    Yep I shoulda said how people are "intending" to use it. Using a 3 sec cast when you have all your buffs stacked though? The damage from stampede better be worth it else your wasting Pots,CDs etc imo unless your BM then you might have an arguement to use it then but as MM/Surv? Dont see it being that good or worth sacraficing GCDs.

  8. #2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    Yep I shoulda said how people are "intending" to use it. Using a 3 sec cast when you have all your buffs stacked though? The damage from stampede better be worth it else your wasting Pots,CDs etc imo unless your BM then you might have an arguement to use it then but as MM/Surv? Dont see it being that good or worth sacraficing GCDs.
    Its very much worth it. Back at 87 when I first tested it as BM, with no trinket procs, potions, etc, popping Stampede and spamming Arcane Shot(which does has a lot of synchronization with pets as BM) had Stampede do roughly 1.2million damage over 10 seconds. Thats HUGE. Imagine at 90 with pots, trinkets, etc. You will definitely want to pop this under agility procs/pots/whatever. And even as nonBM, I highly suspect it will be worth it too. Think about it. Would you use a 3 second cast time shot that put a DoT on the target that did 1 to 1.2million damage over 10 seconds at level 87? Putting it that way puts it in a different perspective that people might understand more.
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  9. #2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Its very much worth it. Back at 87 when I first tested it as BM, with no trinket procs, potions, etc, popping Stampede and spamming Arcane Shot(which does has a lot of synchronization with pets as BM) had Stampede do roughly 1.2million damage over 10 seconds. Thats HUGE. Imagine at 90 with pots, trinkets, etc. You will definitely want to pop this under agility procs/pots/whatever. And even as nonBM, I highly suspect it will be worth it too. Think about it. Would you use a 3 second cast time shot that put a DoT on the target that did 1 to 1.2million damage over 10 seconds at level 87? Putting it that way puts it in a different perspective that people might understand more.
    I can see why a BM hunter would cream over stampede but for arguments sake in regards to the 3 second cast: as MM, 2xAimed shots with full procs or as Surv, LnL might do more output in the overall fight which is why Im being cpt scepticle over the ability. My main argument/thinking out loud is that I wonder where stampede fits into a non BM rotation as the output will be nowhere near as a BM that can pop BW etc. Also keep in mind that numbers are not scaled yet and hunter output appears to be low, (I have a feeling that we are now going to become a class that starts an expansion with low output -> meh -> good output at the end rather than start strong and get hit with the nerfbat and finnish with thereabouts dps.) So shots could be considerably buffed/nerfed with the same applying to pets.

    In hindsight I should have asked that question later but I am very curious as to where this stampede fits in for a non BM hunter as thats what I personally am more likely to be raiding as.

  10. #2010
    I'm surprised that hunters in the beta forums haven't said much about Stampede. I got to level 87 a couple of days ago and thought, right lets see what our "EPIC" (Quoting GC) level 87 ability is going be like. I've never felt so underwhelmed in my WOW life at seeing how utterly disappointing Stampede is in its currents implementation. Considering we went an entire expansion with a totally useless ability in Camo, are we going to wait till the expansion after MOP to find any use of Stampede. Its basically AOD, not useable in arena, doesn't look all that great - by that i mean graphically I was hoping for some effects that gave stampede some "feeling". I want to be on even terms with other classes and use my level 87 ability in arena, on each boss pull, and not have to wait every 10 minutes to cast 10 seconds of disappointment.
    I consider some of the talents choices mandatory, some are actually interesting choices ala Readiness tree. They need to make some of the newer talents such as binding shot more viable as what essentially is a cast Shadow Fury doesn't perk me with huge enthusiam for that particular talent. Level 90 talents are hit and miss. I can see barrage be the goto for PvE, Glaives seem alot more PvP viable than Powershot - I'm not a huge fan of castable shots as a hunter, I prefer the "casters" to get on with that. Again level 90 talents aren't going to be hugely interesting choices unless Blizz changes them somewhat.
    What also annoys me is the volume of responces GC is giving other classes (just look at rogues for example, the most "balanced class" in GC's words) when compared to Hunters. When he does respond to hunters its usually to acknowledge some bug (like the MD one) rather than address issues accurately and concisely such as rogue/feral dodge in arena. When he did respond to that question, he went on about some bullcrap lore about people being able to dodge arrows rather than answer the question of the fact that hunters cannot get behind their target and his statement claiming that most melee don't attack in arena from behind is so much crap I wonder sometimes what game GC plays. Tell him to go watch videos of Swifty et al..., tutorials on how to play a melee class in PvP (as he obviously doesn't know it himself playing a mage) and actually see that all decent melee will attack from behind. It really surprises me at the responses we get from that guy sometimes.
    Last edited by Windthorn; 2012-06-24 at 06:16 AM.

  11. #2011
    Camo is not a totally useless ability, it is a PvP ability.

    Again with the hunters being dodged thing, your damage will be tuned around the idea of your attacks being dodgable, just like all melee is now.

  12. #2012
    I REALLY dont get how people thing Stampede is underwhelming. It completely baffles me. Completely. Yeah, the cooldown is long. But it is a crap ton of damage. And as SV, I just did about 1million damage with it at 88. 3 second cast time, 1 million damage. To break that down for you, 3 second cast time to boost your DPS by 100k if you're NOT BM. Bump that up a nice bit if you are BM. I dont know a single person who wouldnt spend 3 seconds to do 100k more DPS. Good luck getting that with 3 explosive shots or 2 aimed shots. And as for the animation, what do you expect? x.o Its an ability that calls out your pets to fight for you. It does just that. Calls out all 5 pets to roflpwn for 10 seconds. Sure, it doesnt have a super fancy animation. But it doesnt need it imo. Not to mention, I'd rather have Stampede then any of the other classes 87/88 abilities.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 07:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Camo is not a totally useless ability, it is a PvP ability.

    Again with the hunters being dodged thing, your damage will be tuned around the idea of your attacks being dodgable, just like all melee is now.
    And we get focus back for dodged shots as well.
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  13. #2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony337 View Post
    Band aid fixes be gone!!! Plus a 5% crit buff added to Trueshot Aura? very nice.
    Crit buff was removed.
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  14. #2014
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    454
    One question regarding the viability of Stampede in pvp (none arena that is, because of that insanely stupid 10 min cd):

    if you cast it, and during those 3 seconds your target goes LoS, do the pets still spawn at him?

    If usable in LoS it would be great, if not: anyone with a brain should know to run from a 3 sec cast...

    Having it not usable in arena is a big slap in the face of any arena hunter, it's realy beyond comprehension for me. Why on earth create another Army of the Dead issue deliberately?

  15. #2015
    Epic! Arcanimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    One question regarding the viability of Stampede in pvp (none arena that is, because of that insanely stupid 10 min cd):

    if you cast it, and during those 3 seconds your target goes LoS, do the pets still spawn at him?

    If usable in LoS it would be great, if not: anyone with a brain should know to run from a 3 sec cast...

    Having it not usable in arena is a big slap in the face of any arena hunter, it's realy beyond comprehension for me. Why on earth create another Army of the Dead issue deliberately?
    When I was testing previously, Dire Beast ignored LoS, as did Murder of Crows. I haven't had a chance to test with Stampede yet. Will get back to you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

  16. #2016
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Oh, I wasn't taking any dig at you with that post. Apologies if you saw it that way. I just meant that I tend to go to various sites so just wanted to pass along the Petopia forums if Davendwarf didn't know about them yet.
    Oh believe me, I know about Petopia. I didn't, however, know yaks were currently classified as goats.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  17. #2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh believe me, I know about Petopia. I didn't, however, know yaks were currently classified as goats.
    Mushan are currently classified as Crocolisks as well, which is the main reason many people think its a bug and unintended.
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  18. #2018
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Surprised this wasn't discussed yet. It was in the warlock q&a, but it was front page, thought someone would have picked it up:

    Lastly, I think there needs to be some change to the guardian cooldowns so that we can actually use them on most attempts in raid PvE without having to worry if it will be wasted on a wipe. I won't rehash all of the proposed solutions becuase that's been done enough, but with DS teir being replaced by new gear I am worried about going back to the way things used to be.

    We have new tech to reset certain long cooldowns that you’re sometimes tempted to wait around for before each pull (such as Summon Doomguard), when you wipe on an encounter. This tech hasn’t been hooked up to every encounter yet, but you should be able to see this work on some encounters (such as Stone Guard on this Friday). This won’t apply to every long cooldown. Our current rule of thumb is that it applies to cooldowns longer than 5min, but no longer than 10min, but there will be some exceptions to that. It is going to be very subjective which cooldowns are included, but again our rule of thumb is: would reasonable groups kill time waiting for this cooldown to finish before starting an encounter? Please don't lobby for every cooldown you have to be included.
    Think it'll apply to Stampede?

  19. #2019
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Surprised this wasn't discussed yet. It was in the warlock q&a, but it was front page, thought someone would have picked it up:



    Think it'll apply to Stampede?
    Hmmm, I hope so. If we're not getting any similar treatment, then the lengthy CD of Stampede is no doubt going to hurt us during the progression period.

  20. #2020
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Surprised this wasn't discussed yet. It was in the warlock q&a, but it was front page, thought someone would have picked it up:



    Think it'll apply to Stampede?
    I'd assume so. Stampede is a huge damage cooldown. This excites me! The 10 minute cooldown was the only thing I didn't like about it because of raiding, but alas, if its including, that hate shall go away!
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •