So many blue hunter posts as of late have been some variation of...

"Our class seems to be have said "X" problem in said "X" situation, or compared to "X" this is performing "X", is this correct/approriate?"

To which the reply has been...

"Oh ok, we will nerf "X" for you so you cant do it anymore, or Nerf "X" so they are both the same and perform at the lower standard.

It's almost feeling like a catch 22. People are raising valid concerns and questions regarding mechanics and possible errors and discrepancies in damage output. And then for their troubles, they are being gifted an answer as a nerf of some variation. I know beta is Beta, but imo it's still a little disconcerting to see this type of response replicate itself multiple times in a lot of our class discussion. Maybe I'm just erring to much concern <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    I definitely think that the 90 talents should focus more on their utility side than their damage side. We really don't need another attack added to the rotation. I'm not sure we really even have room for one. After the things that have been said in the balance thread so far, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the top 2 talent tiers for Hunters get completely redesigned soon. I kind of hope they don't, just for balancing time's sake.

Honestly I think the problem is that our kit is already pretty complete. Talents are easy to design when there are holes to fill, or when there's room to add extra usefulness to existing abilities. This is all evident in our early talent tiers. But of course those later tiers should be big, significant things, so I understand going for new abilities. But Hunters don't really need new abilities. It's been this way for a while, it's how we ended up with Camouflage. The situation becomes "well, I guess we can give them a stealth?". That's the worst part of it for me, I can't even think of a better solution to the current design. I have no useful feedback at the moment.
    Well I definitely loved the trap tier and I think it would be a huge improvement over some of the stuff we currently have. They are incredibly creative in some cases (Alter Time, Symbiosis, New lock ports among others) why can't they be creative with our stuff?! They could actually make Binding Shot usable instead of putting it with Silencing Shot which any hunter with self respect will take over it. I definitely feel there is room for improvement.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Agreed, The tier with the traps should return asap.

Did anyone else watch the normal Stone Guards fights and think that on heroic a tenacity pet in a non-BM spec would be a good offtank for the 4th guard, with distracting shot/MD glyphed? Non-BM spec because if your pet is tanking a guardian by himself 12 yards away, his damage'll be reduced by 90% and your damage overall will be tanked, so you might as well 3 tank it.

I look forward to trying it, regardless. I don't know how feasible 2 tanking it will be with 2 guardians on each tank. Gonna have to convince the healers to actually directly heal my pet, lol.

Also, yeah, putting a CD on aspect switching might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I don't macro aspects in in PvE because all movement is predictable and I can predict when I'm gonna need fox (switch to it right before a crystal explodes on Morchok so my CS doesn't get interrupted, e.g.). But in PvP I macro it in, because honestly, I already have enough shit to do in PvP besides aspect dance manually. I can't think of a hunter spell that doesn't get used in PvP, except beast lore. Scare beast was something I had forgotten I'd ever had before I started PvPing on my hunter.

Guys, we are missing the most important change of all...

Spells that use this mechanic include: Ignite, Blackout Kick, Echo of Light, Devouring Plague, Touch of Karma, Hand of Gul’dan, Bloodbath, Temporal Shield, Piercing Shots, Explosive Shot, and several set bonuses.
    One additional addendum on the Ignite things: Explosive Shot does not do this in your current build, but will in the next. The others should all work that way in your current build.
    Explosive Shot is FINALLY STACKING THE DOT!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Yay to ES scaling, will make L'n'L a no-brainer ES, ES, ES when they implement it right.

If they now enable haste scaling on our DoTs: SS, BA and Explosive - SV would want haste rating on gear as much as other. Someone else for this, too?
    Would also help the low AE Dmg of SV. For MM they could just higher the wild quiver chance on multi and the overall dps buff and AE Buff would be present. =)

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

+ piercing shots being able to crit maybe... lets go!

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    This from GC today:

I'm not sure how I feel about this... We have lots of buttons to push in our rotations already...
    I still cannot see myself using Powershot in PvE unless there is a very specific boss encounter that requires. Even then there are other classes that have better on demand CCs with no cast times that would lead me to use either barrage or Glaive toss. Even then using Glaive toss in a rotation just doesn't fit right as its primarily a ultility PvP ability and it will be just another ability we aimlessly use in PvE which is not the design intent Blizz first set out when they talked about MOP. Glaive toss won't be hard to fit into a rotation as its 20 focus cost and 15 second cd. Add to that all the other abilities we use, come MOP we are going to have quite a squeezed rotation especially considering the lower cds of our main shots in BM and Surv.
    As for Powershot, still not bought on it when we have a knockback that can cost nothing (Explosive trap) and means we can use one of the other talents in that level 90 teir. I'd rather have a knock back that costs nothing PLUS a snare (Glaive toss) than a Knockback with a 1.5 minute cooldown. Wish there was a little more invention on hunter talents, the likes of which other classes have been given. So far I love the changed to Camo, the MoC,DB teir, but would like more for our 90 ones.
    Last edited by Windthorn; 2012-06-27 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Guys, we are missing the most important change of all...

Explosive Shot is FINALLY STACKING THE DOT!!!
    Do we actually want that?

Personally i think its rather sad. Not the direction i hoped for at all.
    Just spam explo.
    But guessing im alone on that view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Yay to ES scaling, will make L'n'L a no-brainer ES, ES, ES when they implement it right.

If they now enable haste scaling on our DoTs: SS, BA and Explosive - SV would want haste rating on gear as much as other. Someone else for this, too?
    Would also help the low AE Dmg of SV. For MM they could just higher the wild quiver chance on multi and the overall dps buff and AE Buff would be present. =)
    Haste dot scaling would sure be nice, but they already said a few time that haste either helps with ressorce regeneration (rogue/cat energy, war/bear rage, hunter focus (monks ?)) OR with DoTs (all casters) but not both.
    I sure would prefer having haste affect dot than crappy focus regen though...

They've made Survival a spec where you'd count your BA ticks to guess when LnL procs came to taking out AS out of the LnL proc and now stacking DOTs. Is this the direction Blizz want due to the casual player ?

idk about you but taking AS out of LnL was a huge QoL change

fuck that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Well I definitely loved the trap tier and I think it would be a huge improvement over some of the stuff we currently have. They are incredibly creative in some cases (Alter Time, Symbiosis, New lock ports among others) why can't they be creative with our stuff?! They could actually make Binding Shot usable instead of putting it with Silencing Shot which any hunter with self respect will take over it. I definitely feel there is room for improvement.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the trap tier make a return either. I often times get the feeling the devs have a hard time really figuring out what to do with us when it comes to new mechanics or abilities. Like just because we're not a magic class, they're not sure what to do with us (Warriors suffer from this as well, and to a lesser extent Rogues and Feral Druids). I'd love the opportunity to sit down with the class team and redesign Hunters from the ground up.

Also, we've got to stop equating utility with PvP. I can think of plenty of situations in PvE encounters where a group snare, or knockback, or slow, or a speed boost, or whatever utility spell can be VERY useful. If you're raid group is never having you handle adds or whatever other special task needs to be handled in a raid, they're not leveraging their Hunters very well. We're really good at those special tasks, and we're really set to only get better at it, even assuming nothing changes with the talents. Of the 3 90 talents, Power Shot is the one I'm actually most excited about, and the reason is simple; we have plenty of ways to control OUR position, but very few ways to control our OPPONENTS position. Powershot gives us a way. This is what I mean about the 90 talents too, they're much better as utility than damage. I already have a dozen ways to deal damage, what I need is more tools (and even that is arguable).
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Which of the following new Talents are OFF GCD and which are ON GCD?

Silencing Shot
    Exhileration
    Fervor
    Readiness
    Murder of Crows
    Call Beast
    Lynx Rush
    Glaive Toss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Which of the following new Talents are OFF GCD and which are ON GCD?

Silencing Shot
    Exhileration
    Fervor
    Readiness
    Murder of Crows
    Call Beast
    Lynx Rush
    Glaive Toss
    Of GCD
    Silencing Shot
    Exhileration
    Fervor
    Readiness
    On GCD
    Murder of Crows
    Call Beast
    Lynx Rush
    Glaive Toss

If they'd add aspects to general GCD that would mean in scenario where you do single target dps and you would change aspects 4 times in 20 seconds you'd loose 4 sec uptime on your target (IDEAL settings with zero latency and superhuman reflexes ). That would be like 20% uptime loss.

Oh my.... :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Of GCD

Silencing Shot
    Exhileration
    Fervor
    Readiness

On GCD

Murder of Crows
    Call Beast
    Lynx Rush
    Glaive Toss
    Tanks Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    They've made Survival a spec where you'd count your BA ticks to guess when LnL procs came to taking out AS out of the LnL proc and now stacking DOTs. Is this the direction Blizz want due to the casual player ?
    Casual players aren't the only ones who don't want needless traps in our rotation. It was INCREDIBLY annoying to accidentally arcane shot due to latency or something when you got a LnL proc and wasting one. Spending time waiting to see if you got a LnL proc was both boring and bad dps. This new change just makes more sense, and scrunches our burst into a smaller time window. Sure its "easier" (technically).... but was it ever hard? Nope, rotations are never hard, in any class.

You will still be pressing the same amount of buttons, just in a different order.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Casual players aren't the only ones who don't want needless traps in our rotation. It was INCREDIBLY annoying to accidentally arcane shot due to latency or something when you got a LnL proc and wasting one. Spending time waiting to see if you got a LnL proc was both boring and bad dps. This new change just makes more sense, and scrunches our burst into a smaller time window. Sure its "easier" (technically).... but was it ever hard? Nope, rotations are never hard, in any class.

You will still be pressing the same amount of buttons, just in a different order.
    Some would argue knowing when and how to weave shots into your LnL procs said something to the particular skill of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Of GCD

On GCD
    Glaive toss is not on GCD.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa