I just read what GC wrote.
    And if it goes to a whole other issue, even the more reason to look at it. For pvp

Short new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdcgp...ature=youtu.be

This hapless but lovable undergeared rogue kept trying to gank me on beta. I killed him like 5 times, but he kept coming after me. Finally he decided that what he really needed to do was stand next to a cliff and apply crippling poison to his dagger.

On a more disturbing note, I had previously tried to set up explosive trap knockbacks with scatter shots and wyvern stings, but he kept dodging them. Proving that rng dodge mechanics are completely skill-less and benefit even the worst players.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-07-11 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    Wasnt the original point about that hunters post being that survival output is just pathetic? He/she/it only used a rbg as an example as far as im concerned. The output is low and it got backed up with figures (page 84 on US class feedback) an so on. GC missed the point.

Hopefully someone will point that out
    Pretty much. I think hunter damage as a whole is very low at 90(from what Ive read). but then again, maybe GCs point was that it will be fine(once we're buffed up/internal build/etc).
    Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore

Braindeadly was doing very good damage in the level 90 arena video of his that I saw. Yes, he's Braindeadly, but by comparison Vanguards (the best ret in the world) was doing much less damage in a video of his that I saw. So I don't think our damage is all that bad from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Braindeadly was doing very good damage in the level 90 arena video of his that I saw. Yes, he's Braindeadly, but by comparison Vanguards (the best ret in the world) was doing much less damage in a video of his that I saw. So I don't think our damage is all that bad from what I've seen.
    Could you link the video? I tried finding it on his youtube, but the only MoP 90 video i found was about talents. :S

Looking forward to the new changes for Hunters. I really like the direction they are taking them in MoP.

One thing that I was not a fan of however, was the ever-changing "haste plateau" that we needed to hit in Cata, especially as Marks. The constant need to shift and reshift our stats to achieve this special number felt more like a burden than anything else. I was hoping that might have changed as well, but it's hard to tell from watching beta vids.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not haste from gear affects our Steady, Aimed and Cobra Shot cast times? Or do they have a fixed cast time, only effected by talents and other class buffs? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Looking forward to the new changes for Hunters. I really like the direction they are taking them in MoP.

One thing that I was not a fan of however, was the ever-changing "haste plateau" that we needed to hit in Cata, especially as Marks. The constant need to shift and reshift our stats to achieve this special number felt more like a burden than anything else. I was hoping that might have changed as well, but it's hard to tell from watching beta vids.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not haste from gear affects our Steady, Aimed and Cobra Shot cast times? Or do they have a fixed cast time, only effected by talents and other class buffs? Thanks in advance!
    If they didn't make haste affect our steady/cobra, then that would make haste completely and utterly useless. Yes, it still affects steady and cobra.
    Friend Code: 4570-7432-6960. Add me if you want to play some Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post

That is a comment that makes me want to shoot my own hunter -_-"
    Cast-Time shots will scale with haste like before, even in MoP. No time in Cata anybody forced someone into haste plateaus for Hunter. EJ, Whitefyst for all, makes a beautful number crunshing for MM about: "when is haste valuable and when not". 756 haste // 21xx are not actual plateaus. This are numbers in a perfect world where you fit a focus neutral rotation. With non-linear delay through your ping, human reaction times and whatever no human is ever capable of using this straight numbers. We arent have scaling dots for breakpoints. So the only thing this math provides was 2 playstyles for different high haste and numbers of shots/cycle.

4.0 Haste Plateaus
    The value of haste plateaus has declined. It's my recommendation that you ignore them, and dont gear towards specific haste plateaus. Instead, I recommend that you simply reforge with Crit being the priority, and try to get your haste level as high as you can, at the expense of mastery or exessive hit. Try to never reforge Crit to Haste.

I strongly, strongly recommend that you use the Aimed Shot dump method in T13 content. Most of the movement on the different boss fights can be very predictable, meaning you should know when to Aimed Shot safely, and when you should switch to Arcane Shot.

If you still feel haste plateaus are the way to go for you, Elitistjerks recommends any haste level between the old 12.93% and up to 26.48%. It all depends on your situation.

_________

The present build on beta give me a bad feeling 'bout hunter in MoP. GC always talk about later beta-builds we should wait for in different posts. Thus I hope pet-scaling an the 90s will be updated in the next days

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    That is a comment that makes me want to shoot my own hunter -_-"
    Cast-Time shots will scale with haste like before, even in MoP. No time in Cata anybody forced someone into haste plateaus for Hunter. EJ, Whitefyst for all, makes a beautful number crunshing for MM about: "when is haste valuable and when not". 756 haste // 21xx are not actual plateaus. This are numbers in a perfect world where you fit a focus neutral rotation. With non-linear delay through your ping, human reaction times and whatever no human is ever capable of using this straight numbers. We arent have scaling dots for breakpoints. So the only thing this math provides was 2 playstyles for different high haste and numbers of shots/cycle.

_________

The present build on beta give me a bad feeling 'bout hunter in MoP. GC always talk about later beta-builds we should wait for in different posts. Thus I hope pet-scaling an the 90s will be updated in the next days
    I've never really paid attention to haste plateaus, they're good in practice but have too many flaws imo. But hey maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Im sure there will be a build either tomorrow or Thursday. And I hope so much that it has pet scaling fixed, our damage numbers fixed, and our talent changes. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Could you link the video? I tried finding it on his youtube, but the only MoP 90 video i found was about talents. :S
    It's at 1:53 of this video, shows Braindeadly topping the damage charts in a 2s game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmHM...4&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    It's at 1:53 of this video, shows Braindeadly topping the damage charts in a 2s game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmHM...4&feature=plcp
    1 arena with some random DK is definitely not representative of lvl 90 PvP.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

From GC:

At the moment, Dire Beast is on the same tier as Fervor and Thrill of the Hunt. Thrill of the Hunt has been redesigned to make Arcane or Multi-Shots free. Readiness is no longer a talent and we might try it as a core ability in some form. There is a new talent called Blink Strike with Murder of Crows and Lynx Rush. Blink Strike lets your pet teleport behind a target and cause damage on a 20 sec cooldown, somewhat like the old Warp Stalker ability. We are trying to preserve the idea of Murder of Crows in a format that is more performance friendly (as I said before, creating units is surprisingly tough on the client). Try not to make assumptions about the numbers of any of these until you get a chance to try them.

Readiness becoming baseline? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Now they just need to do that with Silencing Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Never get your hopes up as a hunter. It might be becoming MM only again. I hope it's baseline though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Thrill of the Hunt has been redesigned to make Arcane or Multi-Shots free.
    Just straight up free? This sounds pretty amazing. Clearly something that will be reworked. Just imagine the amount of damage with a nonstop aoe spam into a crowd of enemies. Also a nonstop arcane spam in pvp. Makes my mouth water.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLichRunner View Post
    Just straight up free? This sounds pretty amazing. Clearly something that will be reworked. Just imagine the amount of damage with a nonstop aoe spam into a crowd of enemies. Also a nonstop arcane spam in pvp. Makes my mouth water.
    Thats what I originally thought, but that would outweigh the other options immensely. Compared to Fervor, if TotH was on a proc chance, for Multishot it would only need to proc 3 times to be equal to Fervor, or 5 times for Arcane Shot, over 30 seconds. If TotH made both of those free, that would be equivalent to a potential 660 free focus VS 100 every 30 seconds. The more likely option is just a higher proc chance for those 2 spells(like 30 or 45%).

Non-stop Multi Shotting seems rather potent, possibly too much so.

And Readiness better be baseline and unchanged. It is our only real utility.

They might make it like the elemental shaman talent that just duplicates another Arcane Shot/Multi Shot possibly. I would assume Readiness will become baseline, way too much qq would happen if they got rid of it from a PvE and PVP aspect.

Wonder if this pet teleport move will be off the GCD so we can just macro it to instant pop behind mob x.

Just need Silencing Shot made baseline with Entrapment replacing it in the talents and MoP will be a great expansion for hunters.