I'm having trouble judging whether the new or the old actually does more damage over a 10 minute period. If this is wrong, please correct me.

Original: 5 pets, 100% damage each, for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=500% damage(let's say per second) for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=5000% every 10 minutes
    New: 5 pets, one at 100%, four at 25% each, for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=200% damage(again, per second) for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=4000% every 5 minutes(or 8000% every 10 minutes)

Does that make sense?

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    The damage over a 10 minute period (minus any modifiers like trinkets etc) should be the same you just push the button twice as often and they stay out twice as long
    Thats what I thought at first, but thats not true since your main pet remains at 100% damage, while the other 4 are 25%(down from 100%).
    Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I find it extremely silly that they would do this just to break macros instead of addressing why most PVP hunters macro them in the first place. Why can't they just get rid of fox and make Cobra/Steady castable on move?
    I don't. As I've said countless times - if they wanted us to have 100% mobility all the time, then we'd become *the* superior class in everything that gives you movement-downtime in a PvE enviroment.
    If they wanted us to have 100% mobility, they wouldn't be widening the gap / choise between fox and hawk (adding a 15% dmg reduc on to hawk to make it more important than it is now, where it "only" adds damage).

Every change they're making regarding the aspects are pointing towards the fact that they want us to be less mobile that we have been in Cataclysm, or, at the very least, take a bigger hit / punish us more if we choose to be as mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post

Thats what I thought at first, but thats not true since your main pet remains at 100% damage, while the other 4 are 25%(down from 100%).
    Think of Stampede as only the 4 summoned pets, your 'main' pet shouldn't factor in since it's not really part of the ability (ie it's always there regardless)

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    Think of Stampede as only the 4 summoned pets, your 'main' pet shouldn't factor in since it's not really part of the ability (ie it's always there regardless)
    Oh thats true. Taking that into account:

Original: 4 pets, 100% damage each, for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=400% damage(let's say per second) for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=4000% every 10 minutes
    New: 4 pets, 25% each, for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=100% damage(again, per second) for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=2000% every 5 minutes(or 4000% every 10 minutes)

Works out in the math there.

Edit: Also, front page updated with new changes. On the pet front(from Petopia), some new skins available, including the MoP water striders finally. No new families or other additions found yet.

Anyone else having trouble macro'ing pet attack since the patch? I have a macro that is as simple as it gets, one line "/petattack" that I've used for 6+ years now, and it just stopped working with this beta patch. My pet still responds to manually clicking the attack button on the pet bar, but not to the macro. I also saw some strange behavior out of my pets like ignoring enemies while on defensive and following me around while still attacking the enemy (very annoying when fighting a rare spawn with a huge frontal cone attack for 180k+)

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Anyone else having trouble macro'ing pet attack since the patch? I have a macro that is as simple as it gets, one line "/petattack" that I've used for 6+ years now, and it just stopped working with this beta patch. My pet still responds to manually clicking the attack button on the pet bar, but not to the macro. I also saw some strange behavior out of my pets like ignoring enemies while on defensive and following me around while still attacking the enemy (very annoying when fighting a rare spawn with a huge frontal cone attack for 180k+)
    Go to your pet spell book with your macro open and shift+click the Attack ability to the macro. If that doesn't work, then it is bugged.(β=β)

I though they didn't want us to use traps on CD during encounters. So far the buff to ST and now IT seems to contradict that. The buff to No Escape seems like a must now and currently LnL procs from Ice Trap on the test dummy which doesn't do that on live or raid bosses. I don't want to be using IT on cd. Another gcd to fit into rotation, but the biggest issue is that IT blocks visual effects during encounters. I remember getting yelled at by my GM for dropping it on CD when I was testing the current version on live during t11.

TotH is being consumed by abilities other than AS and MS, but they don't benefit from it.
    Last edited by ltm; 2012-07-14 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    I though they didn't want us to use traps on CD during encounters. So far the buff to ST and now IT seems to contradict that. The buff to No Escape seems like a must now and currently LnL procs from Ice Trap on the test dummy which doesn't do that on live or raid bosses. I don't want to be using IT on cd. Another gcd to fit into rotation, but the biggest issue is that IT blocks visual effects during encounters. I remember getting yelled at by my GM for dropping it on CD when I was testing the current version on live during t11.

TotH is being consumed by abilities other than AS and MS, but they don't benefit from it.
    The glyph is for Freezing Trap, not Ice Trap. Not usable on bosses. And Snake Trap is getting nerfed so its not used by SV.

The glyph is for Freezing Trap, not Ice Trap. Not usable on bosses. And Snake Trap is getting nerfed so its not used by SV.
    You're right, I assumed it affected both like it does on live. However IT is proccing LnL

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    You're right, I assumed it affected both like it does on live. However IT is proccing LnL
    Im gonna guess thats a bug, as I know Blizzard doesn't like us using traps for single target.

BTW, the new Blinkstrike talent frikking rocks. Gonna make target switching SOOOO much more effective. And even on single target it does really nice damage.

P.S i HATE the new CD on readiness, fucks up everything with syncing CD´s. And stampede still sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    BTW, the new Blinkstrike talent frikking rocks. Gonna make target switching SOOOO much more effective. And even on single target it does really nice damage.

P.S i HATE the new CD on readiness, fucks up everything with syncing CD´s. And stampede still sucks balls.
    I find the new Cd justified however, Since it became Baseline, which rocks. As Aettis mentioned before, Having both Fervor and Readiness is pretty lovely
    Loco Motives 16/16 Heroic T14
    Loco Motives 13/13 Heroic T15
    Retired Hunter

Blinkstrike sucks for pve. its OK for pvp. and ye I agree. the new readiness is stupid as **** :< but what im even more suprised about is the fact that they nerfed Thrill of the hunt that they said were to weak and they would buff and then they also put Dire Beast together with the focus regen specc? what? sure it does some dmg but the focus regen from it SUCKS.

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    I find the new Cd justified however, Since it became Baseline, which rocks. As Aettis mentioned before, Having both Fervor and Readiness is pretty lovely
    Sucks that readiness doesnt work on Fervor :<
    - Lynchpin -

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    I Sucks that readiness doesnt work on Fervor :<
    That sounds like a bug thou. Should probably reset it.

Any news on if they plan on fixing frenzy/focus fire uptime ? Takes like 45-60 seconds now to stack it to 5. And duration is 20 sec. 33% uptimes compared to the old version wich easyly had 100%. Aswell as lower pet damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I don't. As I've said countless times - if they wanted us to have 100% mobility all the time, then we'd become *the* superior class in everything that gives you movement-downtime in a PvE enviroment.
    Since you're talking about PVE, we already do near 100% damage on the move without using Fox. How often do you have to change to Fox anyways? If you're anticipating movement, you pool focus for instants, so you don't have to switch. Checked WoL from last DS clear and I used Fox 17 times the entire run (including trash as we always pull next pack before the first one dies) and never had to cancel a Cobra cast.

This change doesn't change anything for PVE. If hunters were macro'ing Cobra/Steady to Fox for PVE, they were already losing damage. This change is purely for PVP where even high rated hunters have them macro'd, since Cobra/Steady currently do the least amount of damage and it's not worth breaking casts in a fast paced, movement heavy situations. If you look at GC's response, it's addressing this very fact.

Any news on if they plan on fixing frenzy/focus fire uptime ? Takes like 45-60 seconds now to stack it to 5. And duration is 20 sec. 33% uptimes compared to the old version wich easyly had 100%. Aswell as lower pet damage.
    Frenzy is unchanged. I am still lucky to get 1 proc every few mins while questing at 90. It's more consistent in raids though (~every 45sec in questing blues). However, you need to spam Fervor pretty much every CD to keep it that consistent as pets go OOF very frequently.

I doubt Focus Fire will change. Its essentially a Rapid Fire at 5 stacks and BM gets it eveyr 45 seconds to a minute, as you said. Pretty powerful. Remember, this version is much more powerful than the live version.

Also, the only thing the old Readiness lined up with was Rapid Fire. Every other cooldown is 2 minutes or less. While it does 'suck' that the cooldown got bumped up to 5 minutes, the simple fact that every spec gets it instead of it being a talent is pretty much a godsend.

On the note of Dire Beast, while it only returns 35 focus every 30 seconds, it also does damage(unlike the other 2).

And Thrill of the Hunt..I did also think they were going to buff it. But if you actually look at it, it doesnt need buffing. It has a 15% chance to trigger a free Arcane Shot(22 focus) or Multishot(40 focus). In order to compare to Fervors 100 focus every 30 seconds, TotH would need to proc 5 times for Arcane Shot or 3 times for Multishot. Over 30 seconds, as MM(on live), I had 37 ranged attacks(47 if Wild Quiver can proc it), and as SV, I had 38 ranged attacks. At a 15% chance to trigger, you'd likely see around of 4 to 5 procs per 30 seconds, which is roughly 88 to 110 focus for single target, or 150 to 200 focus for AoE(though I suspect shots fired over 30 seconds for AoE is lower due to constant higher focus cost). So really, TotH isn't bad at all(aside from the bug). Its a passive and random form of regen that might be more rewarding than Fervor over a longer fight
    Last edited by Aettis; 2012-07-14 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    This change doesn't change anything for PVE. If hunters were macro'ing Cobra/Steady to Fox for PVE, they were already losing damage. This change is purely for PVP where even high rated hunters have them macro'd, since Cobra/Steady currently do the least amount of damage and it's not worth breaking casts in a fast paced, movement heavy situations. If you look at GC's response, it's addressing this very fact.
    But it's very strange attempt at a fix; they're effectively just making a clunky mechanic, clunkier in order to discourage us from trying to make it work as smoothly as possible. Bizarre Entertainment Inc.

I doubt Focus Fire will change. Its essentially a Rapid Fire at 5 stacks and BM gets it eveyr 45 seconds to a minute, as you said. Pretty powerful. Remember, this version is much more powerful than the live version.
    I would take live version over beta anyday of the week. 100% decent vs 33% good and 66% bad cast times on cobra.

There's nothing to fix. You don't have to wait for 5 stacks to use it. If you want the same effect it had before (15% haste), you only need 2 stacks. It's actually become a much more interesting ability now because you need to figure out whether it's better to wait for the full 40% haste stack or use it as needed.
    Last edited by bil; 2012-07-14 at 03:11 PM.

The Readiness cooldown change is just an inconvienance, yes 3 mins so it can sink with Rapid Fire would be great. But that could still happen before beta is done (dont get hopes up though).

If Cobra/Steady shot is ever to be implemented on the move then it would be 1st as a 2pece bonus just so everyone can see how OP/non OP it is and then maybe introduced as a glyph

Is Blink Strike on the GCD?