Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post

I dont know anything about it moving anyone, im assuming its copied Puck ultimate (DotA). IF it will drag people to the center of binding shot, then sure its no brainer to pick but then there is no choice at that tier. If it doesnt move any1, silencing shot is no brainer, if it does, binding shot is no brainer.

Also remember that our shots can get dodged now, means you can see your scatter dodged, which makes you the only class in the game that CANT ENSURE cc (even with scatter you have to pray for rng pathing gods to be in your favor). Losing a 3 sec silence on top of that is deadly to hunter class.

I am 100% certain things like scatter will not be dodgeable. Melee abilities that do cc's aren't. It would be too much even for Blizzard's hunter dev team (lol) to overlook this.

Also, you have intimidation baseline, so you could use that to trap as well.

Binding shot will always be a guaranteed 5 second stun. You have both powershot and explosive traps as knockbacks which will force them out of the area and trigger the stun. Every hunter will simply wait until the time is about to run out before knocking them out to make the most of it. You won't even have to use the cooldown to knockback because everyone else knows this, so the longer they wait in there for you to inevitably do it, the longer they are essentially rooted, waiting in place will not ensure them to not get stunned, it will be certain. They will go ahead and take it as soon as it is available, because it is less of a penalty.

5 second aoe stun > 3 second silence any day of the week.

Binding shot a healer -> power shot into 5 second stun -> trap off the stun, which would remove dots -> scatter shot -> Readiness + Binding shot -> power shot into a first level dr'd stun -> first level dr trap off stun -> first level dr scatter off trap -> any CC your teammates have that do not DR Fear/blind/cyclone/anything else I can't think of -> them doing it again with first level dr -> any silence/spell lock/short cc they have(gouge, second level dr main cc) -> Intimidation, stun should be off dr by now -> trap, which should be off DR and off cooldown by now -> scatter, which should be off dr/cooldown by now...

If you actually manage to do that entire chain which is entirely possible, and something DOESN'T die...

TBH... Hunter's wont go live like this, too much control.

On an unrelated note... How does the new in combat camo mechanic interact with feign death? If you feign death, and are out of combat, you normally couldn't camo because your pet was in combat. Now, will it still give you the 6 second duration, or will it only give your pet the 6 second duration?
    Last edited by bandet; 2012-03-23 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    I am 100% certain things like scatter will not be dodgeable. Melee abilities that do cc's aren't. It would be too much even for Blizzard's hunter dev team (lol) to overlook this.
    It took them four years to understand how percentages and flat ap bonuses work... thats why im scared of expertise as hell. But then agian, even chimera shot dodge is extreme for us. Besides AiS its the only shot that allows us to burst, if it gets dodged... bye bye 50 focus, dmg, heal... Even if we get half of the focus back on such dodge, it wont change too much cause we dont have anything to replace that chimera shot, unlike for example rogue, who can hit that evis 2nd time.

Also, you have intimidation baseline, so you could use that to trap as well.
    not nearly as reliable as scattershot, sadly and thats due to pet not necesarilly being at the right spot at the right time, afterall our pets dont really teleport :P

Binding shot will always be a guaranteed 5 second stun. You have both powershot and explosive traps as knockbacks which will force them out of the area and trigger the stun. Every hunter will simply wait until the time is about to run out before knocking them out to make the most of it. You won't even have to use the cooldown to knockback because everyone else knows this, so the longer they wait in there for you to inevitably do it, the longer they are essentially rooted, waiting in place will not ensure them to not get stunned, it will be certain. They will go ahead and take it as soon as it is available, because it is less of a penalty.

5 second aoe stun > 3 second silence any day of the week.
    true that, but then again silencing shot is 20 sec cd, not 1min 30 sec.
    Also there will definately be some kind of counters to binding shot, stun being magical effect for example or something like that. Its really doubtfull, at least for me, that binding shot will go through beta in its current form.

Binding shot a healer -> power shot into 5 second stun -> trap off the stun, which would remove dots -> scatter shot -> Readiness + Binding shot -> power shot into a first level dr'd stun -> first level dr trap off stun -> first level dr scatter off trap -> any CC your teammates have that do not DR Fear/blind/cyclone/anything else I can't think of -> them doing it again with first level dr -> any silence/spell lock/short cc they have(gouge, second level dr main cc) -> Intimidation, stun should be off dr by now -> trap, which should be off DR and off cooldown by now -> scatter, which should be off dr/cooldown by now...

If you actually manage to do that entire chain which is entirely possible, and something DOESN'T die...
    then you need to shout on ventrillo to wake up your partner :P

TBH... Hunter's wont go live like this, too much control.
    Agreed.
    I also hope that hunters mark will be changed. Really dont want 1 debuff to be 10% dmg bonus. Would rather see 10% dmg to be built in into our shots basically and hunters mark to be only anti stealth/invis+ tracking tool+trash debuff (tough seeing how dispells are changing i doubt that trash debuffs will exist :P). Perphaps give hunters mark something like "When commanded to attack marked target, your pet moves at xx% bonus speed" or somthing like that. Would help bm pve uptime aswell and would be abit more fun.
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2012-03-23 at 02:38 PM.

*cries out about transmorph trap being removed*

The dot wipe is on trap, not scatter..

Looks like they are slowly learning.. slowly.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    You have more faith in the development team than I do, based on long, hard experience. And the fact is that, on live, scatter shot IS dodgeable by rogues in evasion, with its 20% ranged shot dodge chance. So they will have to change the coding of scatter shot to prevent this from continuing, and I personally have very little faith that this issue won't just slip through the cracks.

You are very correct to be highlighting this issue, though because it goes to the very heart of hunter pvp. If we can't rely upon our defensive cds then hunter pvp is largely ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    The dot wipe is on trap, not scatter..

Looks like they are slowly learning.. slowly.
    I'm pretty sure they picked the trap since it's used in both PvP and PvE, while scatter is just PvP.... mostly.... Though we could easily just use Binding Shot or Wyvern Sting to trap in Pvp much easier than it is to scatter trap (Admit it, you're pissed to all hell when the disorient walks the guy AROUND the trap.) and with the glyph, the DoT from Wyvern would be no problem

Could someone test whether the binding shot stun is a random or controlled stun? To test it out, use intimidation (controlled stun) and then binding shot and see if the binding shot is a full duration stun. If binding shot is a random stun then it would be much more powerful than if it's just another controlled stun that will likely be dr'ed.

Also, if you mess up and aim the binding shot more than 5 yards away from the guy you want to bind, is the shot basically wasted? Is there a big risk of failed binding shots like there is a risk of failed scatter traps?

Are there any new spell effects for old abilities?

Which new pets are available to tame in MoP??

I saw a otter, a porcupineo, a cranebird, goats, new tiger, maybe that Mushan (kodo-like creature), raccoons.. Any more?
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-03-23 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnickSnack View Post
    would be so funny to duel with these, and now hunter really are Raid bosses
    this is most epic thing i ever seen i acan think if it was real be frickin sweet gaint ass pets recking up the place epic stuff man viva la hunter

It took them four years to understand how percentages and flat ap bonuses work... thats why im scared of expertise as hell. But then agian, even chimera shot dodge is extreme for us. Besides AiS its the only shot that allows us to burst, if it gets dodged... bye bye 50 focus, dmg, heal... Even if we get half of the focus back on such dodge, it wont change too much cause we dont have anything to replace that chimera shot, unlike for example rogue, who can hit that evis 2nd time.
    Took them four years, but now they know.
    not nearly as reliable as scattershot, sadly and thats due to pet not necesarilly being at the right spot at the right time, afterall our pets dont really teleport :P
    So plan ahead and have your pet attacking to the target you want to trap a bit before you want to trap, then put it back on kill target.
    then you need to shout on ventrillo to wake up your partner :P
    Skype man, vent is soo BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Could someone test whether the binding shot stun is a random or controlled stun? To test it out, use intimidation (controlled stun) and then binding shot and see if the binding shot is a full duration stun. If binding shot is a random stun then it would be much more powerful than if it's just another controlled stun that will likely be dr'ed.

Also, if you mess up and aim the binding shot more than 5 yards away from the guy you want to bind, is the shot basically wasted? Is there a big risk of failed binding shots like there is a risk of failed scatter traps?
    My thoughts exactly. Is it just as hard to stick as just a launched trap without any preliminary cc?

Crouching tiger, hidden wyvern was a cool ability, now its in old glyph country
    Spirit bond wont stay as is either i think.
    Last edited by mmoc05a2d82018; 2012-03-23 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the challenge set is quite beautiful, the way the dragon flows on the shoulder. The simplicity screams hunter at me, and is a breath of fresh air after the rather flamboyant tiers we've had through Cataclysm. I've enjoyed all our tier sets so far, it's just some were over the top and didn't feel very hunter-like. If Blizzard design hunter gear like this throughout Mists of Pandaria, I'm going to be VERY happy.
    The PvP set is also looking fantastic, getting back into a bit of the animal heads once more, which is also welcome for me at least.

Anything about pet talents?
    Didn't see anything bout that. Could you please give us some info. about Pet Talents? Are they the same? Or they have been redesigned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love so much of these changes. Great hunter glyphs for pvp. The new AoE's we're getting (Beast Cleave, Barrage, Black Arrow, etc.) are a welcome change.

My question: I think Blizzard was talking about making pets choose a talent tree (Ferocity, Cunning, Tenacity). Is that in the beta yet?
    Also, are there any changes to pet buffs/debuffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I think the challenge set is quite beautiful, the way the dragon flows on the shoulder. The simplicity screams hunter at me, and is a breath of fresh air after the rather flamboyant tiers we've had through Cataclysm. I've enjoyed all our tier sets so far, it's just some were over the top and didn't feel very hunter-like. If Blizzard design hunter gear like this throughout Mists of Pandaria, I'm going to be VERY happy.
    The PvP set is also looking fantastic, getting back into a bit of the animal heads once more, which is also welcome for me at least.
    IMO, the challenge set was designed by somebody who had in mind not exactly a "hunter", but a "pandaren/chinese dinasty longbowman". :P At least that's my view of what the word "hunter" brings up. I wouldn't be happy, in fact, I'd be a bit sad, if that was our new tier's set. Come on... yes it is different and stylish, and it's not ugly, in fact it's very nicely done, but... it doesn't bring up words like "hunt", or "beast" or "savagery", nor does its hat (not a helm, but a hat) fit an orc, a troll or a worgen's style.

I'm pretty sure that set was modeled over a pandaren base model. I'd go further into guessing there was an alliance banner in the background. :P

Now, looking at the PvP set, I praise the heavens. Man. That can't be more HUNTER! :P I'll probably transmog that into future tiers' sets unless they manage to make something even more top-notchely awesome, which I really doubt. That wolf head in the shoulder... that kind of inspiration must've come directly from Hircine himself. I admit I wasn't expecting such a well done set. Also, my main is a worgen hunter. Dude, I'll PvP my guts out to get that thing. :P

Now to wait for the tier set, and the bows, and our legendary (crosses fingers)... :P
    Last edited by Miruim; 2012-03-23 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    My only reaction on seeing the challenge sets was to be quietly pleased that I don't play shaman, which is quite amusing, as they all seem delighted with it.

Hunter set looks pretty slick to me. Not a fan of the sandals, but the rest looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post

I don't know if it is a random stun or not, but concerning your second question, anything that enters the radius of the Binding Shot after it is cast will get a graphical tether attached to them and if they then leave the radius, they get stunned. I will test it more to make sure this is right, but this is what it appeared to do the few times I used it this morning.

Some people we have bows/guns sheathed on our back, others say no. Is there some sort of option to toggle it on or off?

This is really the biggest Hunter related question I have for MoP at this point and no one seems to be able to answer it with certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    My only reaction on seeing the challenge sets was to be quietly pleased that I don't play shaman, which is quite amusing, as they all seem delighted with it.

Hunter set looks pretty slick to me. Not a fan of the sandals, but the rest looks fine.
    It's the bare chest. For whatever reason Shaman love them some bare chests. I like everything about it except the big crazy shoulders, could probably build a really nice tmog set around it though.

The hunter challenge set I really like, even if I'm not sure how much I'll wear it. I'm a Tauren, so the helm is out (which sucks, because it's actually my favorite part of the set). It's simple, looks like armor an archer might actually wear, but has these ornate dragons that place it firmly in the "ceremonial armor" category, which I think is fine and even appropriate for armor that is essentially a trophy in itself.

But yeah, as far as really looking like a hunter, PvP gear has been the way to go since the start of Wrath. Has been, and continues to be, just absolutely spot on.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierStevens View Post
    Some people we have bows/guns sheathed on our back, others say no. Is there some sort of option to toggle it on or off?

This is really the biggest Hunter related question I have for MoP at this point and no one seems to be able to answer it with certainty.
    The screenshots I've seen so far (and the commentary that accompanied them) says that currently they're NOT sheathing on the back. It was also stated that every race except Pandaren are still starting at level 1 with a melee and a ranged weapon though, so it sounds like they haven't implemented the changed to weapon slots and ranged weapons yet.

In fact the tooltips for the ranged weapons from the datamined info still list them as "ranged" as well, which I think is going to change (probably to "two handed"), since it's messing with stat budgets.

That said, I have no doubt that we'll see our ranged weps on our backs by the time everything goes live. They want us to be able to show off our weapons, they've said this, and it would be really weird to see a bunch of hunters running around looking unarmed.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."