Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    That was a great idea someone had above about making aimed shot apply the widow venom effect. MM needs a pvp buff and niche, and that wouldn't be OP because there's only so many pvp situations where you can get off an aimed shot.
    That would be so useless lol. There's so many arenas in which you can't get even a single aimed shot.

MS was tied to Aimed when Aimed was instant. Right now you can't attach an MS to Aimed, it has to go on SS or Arcane. Arcane preferably because SS will get dispelled. Dispells are supposed to be more costly in MoP so that can maybe work? Adding it on Arcane would be ideal in my opinion.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    MS was tied to Aimed when Aimed was instant. Right now you can't attach an MS to Aimed, it has to go on SS or Arcane. Arcane preferably because SS will get dispelled. Dispells are supposed to be more costly in MoP so that can maybe work? Adding it on Arcane would be ideal in my opinion.
    You could still tie it to Serpent Sting and have it apply a second debuff. Though, Arcane Shot probably would be preferable when you don't want to DoT your target for CC.
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    You could still tie it to Serpent Sting and have it apply a second debuff. Though, Arcane Shot probably would be preferable when you don't want to DoT your target for CC.
    Or just because Serpent Sting does ridiculous damage while Arcane is in every spec's rotation

They could just keep them as is, and add a glyph that would give the effect such as:
    Glyph of Potent Stings - Your Serpent Sting ability now also applies Widow Venom to your target.
    This could also give Survival an interesting combo when combined with Serpent Spread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    They could just keep them as is, and add a glyph that would give the effect such as:
    Glyph of Potent Stings - Your Serpent Sting ability now also applies Widow Venom to your target.
    This could also give Survival an interesting combo when combined with Serpent Spread.
    No, that would make the glyph a must. They need to just bake it in and in the process free some binds.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    No, that would make the glyph a must. They need to just bake it in and in the process free some binds.
    Agreed. But really, it needs to be baked into Arcane Shot. They tried that whole Concussive Shot baked in, why not Widow Venom?

Since Recount now works in the beta I decided to try out BM vs SV on a target dummy. I don't get how people are saying BM is lagging behind because I can do almost 15% better as BM than as SV. I see no pet scaling issues at all, in fact the pets are truly beasts and do 25% of my total damage even in SV compared to 11-12% on Live. Using Blink Strike in SV is a big boost. As BM, I have a hard time outdoing a Cat or Spirit Beast on the dummy and only outdo them by about 3-5%.

i dont know if this has been reportet yet but if you have an active toth procc and lock n load proccs in that time your lnl stacks dont get removed. you can spam explo shot for the full duration of the toth buff, which can proc again from the explosive shots

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Since Recount now works in the beta I decided to try out BM vs SV on a target dummy. I don't get how people are saying BM is lagging behind because I can do almost 15% better as BM than as SV. I see no pet scaling issues at all, in fact the pets are truly beasts and do 25% of my total damage even in SV compared to 11-12% on Live. Using Blink Strike in SV is a big boost. As BM, I have a hard time outdoing a Cat or Spirit Beast on the dummy and only outdo them by about 3-5%.
    Is this at 90? How much DPS were you getting as BM compared to SV? Also, the pet scaling and BM lagging behind was mostly pre-this patch. I believe this patch is what fixed pets(essentially fixing BM too)

And exactly how much damage do you do, with both specs? If you're in ungemmed / enchanted PvP gear like I was, and are doing 45K dps as BM and 38-39K as surv, it just means you're not playing Surv to its full potential. If you're managing to do 50K as BM, I'd like to hear how (unless stampede is truly worth that much if used together with BM than it is with surv/mm). Mind, my pet was doing about 33% of my damage as BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    And exactly how much damage do you do, with both specs? If you're in ungemmed / enchanted PvP gear like I was, and are doing 45K dps as BM and 38-39K as surv, it just means you're not playing Surv to its full potential. If you're managing to do 50K as BM, I'd like to hear how (unless stampede is truly worth that much if used together with BM than it is with surv/mm). Mind, my pet was doing about 33% of my damage as BM.
    When I tested Stampede, it did significantly more damage as BM than as SV/MM, but that was in its 10 minute form. Blink Strike could also be more beneficial than MoC as BM, resulting in higher pet damage %? Also, last I played, i had a lot of trouble with my pet keeping its spec when changing specs. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Is that still happening? I wonder if that might have happened to you? *shrugs* 33% seems very low compared to the other reports 50%ish. I'd be interested in seeing screenshots from Dch48 with his stats and whatnot from his BM experience. I heard on todays stream of Heroic whatever on MMO-C that BM is very powerful right now. WTB level 90 premades. :\
    Last edited by Aettis; 2012-07-24 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    When I tested Stampede, it did significantly more damage as BM than as SV/MM, but that was in its 10 minute form. Blink Strike could also be more beneficial than MoC as BM, resulting in higher pet damage %? Also, last I played, i had a lot of trouble with my pet keeping its spec when changing specs. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Is that still happening? I wonder if that might have happened to you? *shrugs* 33% seems very low compared to the other reports 50%ish. I'd be interested in seeing screenshots from Dch48 with his stats and whatnot from his BM experience. I heard on todays stream of Heroic whatever on MMO-C that BM is very powerful right now. WTB level 90 premades. :\
    I do still lose my pets spec at random (entering dungeons/changing specs/sometimes logging out)

I am at lvl 90 with the top PvP gear fully gemmed but no enchants or reforging. On the level 85 target dummy I did 57k as BM but the highest I could get with SV was 49k. This is with Blink Strike, Dire Beast, and Glaive Toss talented in both specs. The pet did about 43% in BM and 25% in SV. I did 46% in BM with the remaining 11% coming from Stampede and Dire Beast. I haven't tried the boss dummy because I'm not expertise and hit capped for it. I haven't done any instances or raids because I don't want to see them before they go live.

I am at lvl 90 with the top PvP gear fully gemmed but no enchants or reforging. On the level 85 target dummy I did 57k as BM but the highest I could get with SV was 49k. This is with Blink Strike, Dire Beast, and Glaive Toss talented in both specs. The pet did about 43% in BM and 25% in SV. I did 46% in BM with the remaining 11% coming from Stampede and Dire Beast. I haven't tried the boss dummy because I'm not expertise and hit capped for it. I haven't done any instances or raids because I don't want to see them before they go live.
    The 85 Dummy has way less armor than the boss dummy. Going from 85 dummy to boss dummy as SV you wouldn't lose much dps because a high percentage of your skills is elemental damage. BM loses a pretty big chunk of its damage to the armor reduction of the boss dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown soldier View Post
    The 85 Dummy has way less armor than the boss dummy. Going from 85 dummy to boss dummy as SV you wouldn't lose much dps because a high percentage of your skills is elemental damage. BM loses a pretty big chunk of its damage to the armor reduction of the boss dummy.
    ^^ This. You need to test it on the boss dummy, or it really isn't relevant at all.

^^ This. You need to test it on the boss dummy, or it really isn't relevant at all.
    It isn't really relevant either way. It's anecodotal evidence from a source I/we don't know without buffs. How the spec scales with buffs is important and just disregarding that and then coming here and saying BM is better by 8k dps makes no sense.

Let alone this source stated, "I actually liked the Dragon Soul raid. It was new and groundbreaking in it's scope. It's actually the first time since Nefarian in Vanilla that I have downed the end boss of an Xpac before the next one came out and I'm talking about regular mode, not heroic. The sad thing is that we have yet to get Rag in Firelands though. We haven't even seen the meteor phase yet. There is only one guild on my server that has cleared DS in Heroic."

Sorry but if he hasn't killed the boss that was tuned for 359 gear, in 396 gear I'm not really going to take anything that involves him playing well to have any value.

Considering the expertise change, is there any indication that Tier 13 gear (maybe more) gear is going to be adjusted to reflect the need for it when MOP hits? Didn't find any changes on mop.wowhead so... :/
    Champion of the Naaru | Hand of A'dal | Twilight Vanquisher | the Astral Walker | the Light of Dawn | Dragonslayer | Firelord | Savior of Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Considering the expertise change, is there any indication that Tier 13 gear (maybe more) gear is going to be adjusted to reflect the need for it when MOP hits? Didn't find any changes on mop.wowhead so... :/
    I would assume that they will keep the gear the same since they're not changing any stats except for us to use expertise now. I'm willing the bet they'll put some quest rewards that give expertise mail gear pretty early on in the leveling process.

I was able to reforge into the expertise and hit cap on my main (ilvl 392) pretty easily. My second Hunter is at i382 and I couldn't get him expertise capped, but it was close. Won't matter though, as when you're leveling most mobs are at the 5% level, not the 7.5% level. It'll only really be an issue with raiding toons for the 2ish weeks between patch and 9/25.