Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I don't think the second part is a bug. It'll always have a 2 min cooldown, but if you cast it on a target below 20%, it'll shave off 1 minute? Or is that not how it's worked untill now.

Maaaany patches ago when I used it sub-20%, it just had a 15/20 second cooldown(whatever it was way back when), but it might have changed since then.

Sorry for the edit AGAIN. Not used to the Edit Post button on everyones post now. x.x

Dont worry. I'll make you look like you're talking to yourself. Also, I'll eat your face off .

Bahahaha, nice nice. Too funny. xD!
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-08-12 at 11:59 PM.

They should make the challenge set be the white or black color variant imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    According to the front page the color is final. I like all 3 of them, this set is amazing, 'tho I it would've been awsome if they allowed us to chose between them.

I like our new helmet a lot more than the old. :O

From doing some of the initial questing in MOP. I'd like to point out for the transmog enthusiasts like myself that there are new shoulder quest items that are small, mail, and one shoulder. The one's I've seen so far are brown and similar to some of the rogue leather ones, slightly bigger, but I know I was pretty excited to see them.

Mmmm, among our ranged dps we had a mage, lock, spriest (all with legendaries), and me, and a resto druid with a legendary in his bags in case we needed him boomkin (and he is a damn good boomkin). I missed two progression kills (Yor'sahj, and that's because it was week 1 of heroics and for some reason we all were under the misapprehension that Yors had a min range, and Blackhorn, because we had our resto druid go boomkin to multi dot the drakes). That being said, I was in for H-Spine only because our pallies (prot and holy) were sitting in favor for our prot warrior and a rdruid/priest/shaman heals, and we needed Trueshot from me being MM. You want a demoralizing hunter progression fight: H-Spine as MM, pre-nerfs. At least the phases between lifts were long enough that I could fit in RF or 4pc procs on each lift.

But then again, I'm a 10 man raider, so I'm clearly inferior. And I suppose when you're a 10 man guild with 13 people on the roster, you're more apt to take the responsible players because the damage required isn't tuned as tightly as 25m. And a responsible player I am.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But then again, I'm a 10 man raider, so I'm clearly inferior. And I suppose when you're a 10 man guild with 13 people on the roster, you're more apt to take the responsible players because the damage required isn't tuned as tightly as 25m. And a responsible player I am.
    After the first weeks of DS I was forced to grab my ele alt with orange-stick because of the inferior dps provided with hunter. yay, lightningbolt spam, same possbile dps in movement fights... I hated my sham... Now in farm I played again my Hunter

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    For sure, it is nice seeing how they changed the old helmet which made the set look like shit and seeing them change it in a way that totally made the wolf head set dope as fuck!

Is there any way that i can see this new set on an orc instead of a human? i bet the wolf head is GINORMOUS! #superexcited

I was really hoping you would get a piece of gear for at bronze/silver level for each of the dungeons you clear, then getting the full set with the gold achievement. >.< I hope they add a way to get the other colors, or even let you chose which color you end up with. It always pains me to see so many nice color swatches for gear sets, only for them to use 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    I'll be honest the only thing I like about the challenge set are the shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Hexy View Post
    According to the front page the color is final. I like all 3 of them, this set is amazing, 'tho I it would've been awsome if they allowed us to chose between them.
    What happened to the old challenge set? Isn't the new set the same as the pvpset?

That's the PVP set now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too much of the first sets of armor remind me of TOC armor, only with added embellishments(dragons, more swirlies). I am hopeful for the the armor sets further into the xpac. I have my transmog sets ready.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the simc hunter module is probably one of the ones that's probably the most correct technical implementation right now. Lokrick and I have been comparing our numbers very thoroughly between our two tools and it helped us a lot in spotting various inconsistencies. The gear and action lists used by the hunter profile aren't super optimized yet though, gahddo has been working on that. So I think the combination of not having an optimized profile and other classes possibly being less debugged yet may be leading to hunters showing up low relative to other classes.

Also, imp sting is not doing twice as much, it's just doing slightly more than expected (it's using the formula from before the most recent serpent sting nerf). The only way it would count as doing twice as much is if it's not intended to benefit from the 100% damage bonus from the improved serpent sting talent, but I haven't seen a statement on that.

FYI, the beta version of the femaledwarf site is now available for public use at beta.femaledwarf.com
    I tried out the beta site and in the full best PvP set gemmed with Cata gems, no enchants, no buffs, cat pet, DPS for BM and SV is within 15 points, yes, 15. Marksman is behind those two by 2.5K.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Too much of the first sets of armor remind me of TOC armor, only with added embellishments(dragons, more swirlies). I am hopeful for the the armor sets further into the xpac. I have my transmog sets ready.
    I thought the Hunter ToC set was the best one ever.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    The helmet from the top PvP set is the best one since Onyxia, the challenge one is terrible--again. I transmog all helms to the Ony one or don't let one show at all. I also like the PvP shoulders and the whole set in general more than Challenge. Sadly, I'll never have that PvP set on live since I never do arenas.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    it is really a good thing, that taste is something you cant fight over.

for example i dislike the ony helm.. but wayne..

i hope they will give us on other ways the white set of the challenge set.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    After the first weeks of DS I was forced to grab my ele alt with orange-stick because of the inferior dps provided with hunter. yay, lightningbolt spam, same possbile dps in movement fights... I hated my sham... Now in farm I played again my Hunter
    You had to grab your alt with a legendary over your hunter without one for better dps?

While hunters had some issues in DS, most of it can be attributed to nearly every caster having a legendary and Heroic Pre-nerf Spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    You had to grab your alt with a legendary over your hunter without one for better dps?

While hunters had some issues in DS, most of it can be attributed to nearly every caster having a legendary and Heroic Pre-nerf Spine.
    Except that that's not it - the reason hunters had issues was that Blizzard *realised* every caster had a legendary stick, and buffed melee by 10% ap to compensate, but decided hunters were "in a good spot". Which means that while we couldn't keep up with legend-casters, we could have kept up with melee, and competed for spots with them... If it wasn't because melee were buffed. Never mind, 3 months later, "let's give them a 8% AP buff" - I mean, a fully BiS firelands geared MM hunter had about 16-17K AP, and a Surv hunter had about 19K if memory serves me right - a 1510 AP buff was 9% for MM, and 8% for surv. Of course, both benefitted slightly less at higher gear levels, but Surv, as the dominant spec, also got the black arrow change (tick 10 times within 20 secs rather than 5 within 15), and no arcane munching (slightly elevated dps from not wasting LnL procs - each wasted explo shot was about a 50 dps loss).
    Which means that if they'd just thrown us the 10% AP buff we wouldn't have needed any changes, and we would have been competive. THAT, was hunters issues in DS <.<.
    But this is MOP discussion, anyway. And looking at livestreams, hunters seem to be doing just fine - I wouldn't be too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    But this is MOP discussion, anyway. And looking at livestreams, hunters seem to be doing just fine - I wouldn't be too worried.
    Agreed. I think it was the shock value that got me. The whole autoshots hitting as hard/harder than other shots thing..yikes. Anywho, we do seem to be a good spot. Gosh, prepatch neeeeds to come out soon.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Suffice to say in this case that we think the world has changed enough that 5% pet damage went from kinda of a big deal to a really big deal, so we reduced it to 2% pet damage.
    after the undead push, now the orc nerf - race gap is even moe shortened

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah
    I'm going to hold off on updating my site until the patch goes out with this change, as there may be other tweaks as well that come with this one and I'd rather the site reflect the current state of beta. But I did check on my dev site (using the T14H setup), and BM sees a drop of about 1528.98 dps with that change for orcs. For SV the difference is 477.22 dps and for MM it's 476.86 dps. So that's still enough to keep orcs in the best or competitive with the best racialwise but now there won't be such a huge gap.
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-08-14 at 09:42 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers