Better Stampede videos:
    Initial Test in wild
    Spirit Mend Galore!
    Testing Beast Cleave
    Testing Bestial Wrath

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what effect is part of arcane shot now, and what part of the glyph.

Last patch both the slow and speed limit were part of the glyph... and now the glyph says reduces speed by 50% only.
    Going off of my memory, Arcane Shot is as it is now, and the glyph just has the slow. I'll need to double check when I can get back on.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 11:34 AM ----------

Can anyone tell me what effect is part of arcane shot now, and what part of the glyph.

Last patch both the slow and speed limit were part of the glyph... and now the glyph says reduces speed by 50% only.
    Going off of my memory, Arcane Shot is as it is now, and the glyph just has the slow. I'll need to double check when I can get back on.

Deleted
    Hmm i can see he get like a lot spirit bond buffs do they stack?

Yikes massive nerf. That is terrible. This expansion is looking worse and worse every day.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-04-14 at 12:45 PM.

I see stampede as being as good as paladins' Lay on Hands or something similar, they're long CDs and should really be strong when used. This is just an example, but I hope you get my idea of comparing abilities of high caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    My wolf was casting furious howl during stampede, and no, it wasn't the pet I had out when I casted it.
    Mine do not cast any specials, like web/pin. They do use dash/dive if it was toggled on. Similarly, if any of your pet was on passive, they will not auto rush your enemy. Instead, they'll sit by you. It doesn't summon exotic pets either if you're not BM...gives you an error message. All in all, very disappointed with a 3 sec casted, 10 min cd, and 10 sec (less actual combat) lasting spell. By comparison, Murder of Crows is currently a much more powerful ability.

Deleted
    Imo they should have given hunters the lvl 87 priest spell and called it "Decoy" You get the idea, you leave behind a copy of yourself and slip away for a couple of seconds while the enemies are attacking the decoy. Would have been useful for pvp, leveling and even probably pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Yikes massive nerf. That is terrible. This expansion is looking worse and worse every day.
    If I'm not mistaken we currently have no baseline snares or slows on beta correct? There's no way it will go live like that. Being able to slow our opponents is such a vital part of the class' mechanics, and gets used absolutely everywhere, including while leveling. For that reason alone I expect to see something return as a baseline snare. It's not fair to expect low level players to have to buy a glyph (which will no doubt be one of the more expensive ones) just to have access to a core part of the Hunter toolkit. And believe it or not, Blizzard DOES care about low level players.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Mine do not cast any specials, like web/pin. They do use dash/dive if it was toggled on. Similarly, if any of your pet was on passive, they will not auto rush your enemy. Instead, they'll sit by you. It doesn't summon exotic pets either if you're not BM...gives you an error message. All in all, very disappointed with a 3 sec casted, 10 min cd, and 10 sec (less actual combat) lasting spell. By comparison, Murder of Crows is currently a much more powerful ability.
    I did some testing as BM on Stampede and it looks like all abilities that normally autocast will autocast when summoned. For example, all cast Rabid, and Growl if they were set to autocast and my Nether Ray cast his spell interrupt but my monkey would not cast Bad Manner even though it was set to autocast (note that this is the same behavior as live for this ability). Also, as BM each pet can get frenzy stacks.

I put some logs on WoL to check it out.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/205052/reports/

Black arrow change being reverted, Serpent Spread coming back.. Blue post confirmed on tracker

Deleted

The sky is falling again... what the heck did they have to mess around with this? Blizzards argumentation goes probably like this: the benefits the glyph provided were over it's budget, glyphs are designed to alter an existing ability with a single effect. In order to preserve consistency with all other glyphs, this change was necessary (the removal of the secondary effect the glyph provided).

Limiting maximum speed is just too good, I don't want to miss that, ever. It's a huge difference if you snare a mounted player in a BG down to 120% or down to 50%. It's even worse with flying mounts, without glyph you will snare a pala down to 246%, with glyph you snare him down to 50%! This is an enormous difference!

First I was happy after I read that they merge concussive into arcane shot, but after messing around with it on beta, it didn't feel that good any more. And now we start to lose things we already have on live. Just don't mess around with concussive shot, leave it alone. Better merge tranquilizing shot into arcane shot, or if that's too overpowered, then merge that crappy widow venom into arcane shot, or merge widow venom with tranquilizing shot, but leave concussive and it's glyph alone!

I'm curious to see if we ever get that max. run speed limiting ability back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    If I'm not mistaken we currently have no baseline snares or slows on beta correct? There's no way it will go live like that. Being able to slow our opponents is such a vital part of the class' mechanics, and gets used absolutely everywhere, including while leveling.
    Yeah, the leveling consideration means concussive shot will HAVE to come back. But that won't give us the run speed limitation, which was a lifesaver against sprinting rogues, ferals and ret pallies. That was the whole point of the concussive shot glyph, and now we have to use that precious glyph spot to just get the basic 50% slow. Huge nerf, especially since rets can have huge uptime on their sprints with the pursuit of justice talent.

A hunter should be a free kill for a ret in MoP- is it just me or did they get EVERYTHING they've been crying for on the forums? They wanted a snare, not only did they get one, they got a snare- judgement of justice - that is BETTER than any snare a hunter can get and without needing to spend a glyph on it. And they can spam hammer of wraths during non-dispellable wings, exocrism is instant and hits hard- it's almost like a ret is becoming a ranged class like a hunter.

If it sounds like I'm talking a lot about rets it's because I have one I can play and it's tempting with blizzard just taking one thing after another that I love about the hunter class. Will probably stick with it anyway but it's become a very disappointing expansion that started with such promise for hunters.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-04-14 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Black arrow change being reverted, Serpent Spread coming back.. Blue post confirmed on tracker
    Actually, GC said they are "Likely" to revert BA back to 4.3 design, and if done they would re-implement serpent sting. Not set in stone and one depends upon the other.

I also don't think they are done tweaking the specs, meaning I think we may see some old talents like Efficiency and Rapid Killing come back as a spec ability or glyph. At least I really hope so.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    The sky is falling again... what the heck did they have to mess around with this? Blizzards argumentation goes probably like this: the benefits the glyph provided were over it's budget, glyphs are designed to alter an existing ability with a single effect. In order to preserve consistency with all other glyphs, this change was necessary (the removal of the secondary effect the glyph provided).

Limiting maximum speed is just too good, I don't want to miss that, ever. It's a huge difference if you snare a mounted player in a BG down to 120% or down to 50%. It's even worse with flying mounts, without glyph you will snare a pala down to 246%, with glyph you snare him down to 50%! This is an enormous difference!

First I was happy after I read that they merge concussive into arcane shot, but after messing around with it on beta, it didn't feel that good any more. And now we start to lose things we already have on live. Just don't mess around with concussive shot, leave it alone. Better merge tranquilizing shot into arcane shot, or if that's too overpowered, then merge that crappy widow venom into arcane shot, or merge widow venom with tranquilizing shot, but leave concussive and it's glyph alone!

I'm curious to see if we ever get that max. run speed limiting ability back.
    I just wish we could get some kind of watercooler chat thingie that explains why some of these changes are happening. Was concussive to OP? Did they want to get rid of a keybind? IMO it was working pretty good in 4.3 and didn't need fixing. So some kind of idea on where they see the class going would probably put a lot of us at ease.

Or cause a crapstorn of biblical proportions.

Imo they should have given hunters the lvl 87 priest spell and called it "Decoy" You get the idea, you leave behind a copy of yourself and slip away for a couple of seconds while the enemies are attacking the decoy. Would have been useful for pvp, leveling and even probably pve.

It should continually backpeddle until despawn/killed.

Everyone would fall for it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelvorn View Post
    I just wish we could get some kind of watercooler chat thingie that explains why some of these changes are happening. Was concussive to OP? Did they want to get rid of a keybind? IMO it was working pretty good in 4.3 and didn't need fixing. So some kind of idea on where they see the class going would probably put a lot of us at ease.

Or cause a crapstorn of biblical proportions.
    The latter is generally what happens every time they post, because they can't have an honest discussion about hunters without seriously revealing how little they know about it. Like, I am not even kidding or anything. EVERY TIME they say anything about hunters, they say they are making decisions based upon facts about the game mechanics that are just 100% incorrect. They stopped posting regarding hunters because of it.

Anyone else remember the infamous steady/cobra shot farce of .03? What was it.. they nerfed our damage because SV was really high because it didn't scale with gear, so it outdpsed everyone when we were all in blues, then they said they were making steady/cobra shot scale with haste to compensate for the nerf...

Except, that they already scaled with haste, so we received zero compensation. I think that was the last time a blue directly responded to a hunter post regarding hunter mechanics, over a year ago. The one where they didn't know that aspects were on their own GCD might have been before or after it, I forget.

*Sigh* Oi, of course Stampede will not call out Exotic pets for non-Beast Masters. It can't, they belong to Beast Masters. And on Concussive Shot, think they wanted to get rid of something we had to press to activate (make it easier for us).
    Exotics are special to Beast Masters! And retards will forever be retards!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PWOKristy View Post
    And on Concussive Shot, think they wanted to get rid of something we had to press to activate (make it easier for us).
    The latest discussion about concussive shot wasn't about the merging into arcane shot, it was more about the removal of the max. speed limiting effect on the current beta build. (I haven't checked this with my own beta hunter yet... just relying on information posted here)
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-04-14 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PWOKristy View Post
    *Sigh* Oi, of course Stampede will not call out Exotic pets for non-Beast Masters. It can't, they belong to Beast Masters.
    Now when I think of it.... I usually have 3 exotic pets (spirit beast, dino, silithid) + 2 normal pets (monkey, spider) ready so I can respec depending on what i'll be doing. Which means that my stampede as MM will be with 2 pets and my stampede as BM will still be suboptimal because only 3 of them will be exotic.

Or probably blizz expect us to go to the stable master and swap all our pets on each respec... now that would be wonderful. Again, I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm pointing out bad design. I love hunters too much to abandon mine, no matter what changes take place

Deleted
    From what i saw now :
    1. Stampede need massive redisgn - we should be able to call all pets no mater what spec we are BUT pets should only use autoattack, claw/bite/smack, dash(but that should be checked from our active pet - not if if one of our stabled pet has it on auto it will go on auto) - maybe also special abillity like wolves howl (but im not even sure how those abilities gonna work on MoP..), abilities like spirit mend etc should be only available for BM. And of Course if they want to keep Druids with 60 sec duration 3 min CD instant cast Force of nature, i think it will be appropriate to make Stampede 45-60sec duration 3-5min CD 2-3 sec cast (i believe that need some cast time to give other class chance to interrupt). Of course if we have less than 5 pets with us its only our problem.
    2.They already saw that new BA was wrong idea so its time to realise that we also need concussive shot back (whats more it need to be redisgned so it can't be dodged - i don't care that we no longer have a minimal range - melee range is still dead zone for us and we need some tools outside of choosen spec or glyph to make some space)(I can remember blizzard saying that they dont want glyps and talents to be obvious choices - with current situations arcane daze is mandatory glyph at least for BM and SV propably also for MM(we can't maintain daze from chimera and multi after all)).Whats more good old glyph of concusive would be welcome and glyph of arcane daze might be a nice addition(but without max speed reduction).
    3. I'm not 100% sure about Binding shot but with this CD it needs either longer than 3s stun to be competitive or shorter CD(after all it works somehow similar to warlocks shadowfury with some small changes -1. Binding have longer CD 2. Binding can be countered(not an optimal way but you can always just stay in range for some time - sucks for arena but sometimes happens for bgs) 3. Shadowfury have an instant stun). that or we will be stuck with silencing shot
    4. Least important - i feel quite jealous that up to now we have only 1 'funny glyph'

Of course those are only my thoughts and propably nobody cares about them (blizzard especially), whats more i'm still waiting for beta access, but i just can't imagine this things working as they are now...
    Last edited by mmoc63bc1051b0; 2012-04-14 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaevinn View Post
    From what i saw now :
    1. Stampede need massive redisgn - we should be able to call all pets no mater what spec we are BUT pets should only use autoattack, claw/bite/smack, dash(but that should be checked from our active pet - not if if one of our stabled pet has it on auto it will go on auto) - maybe also special abillity like wolves howl (but im not even sure how those abilities gonna work on MoP..), abilities like spirit mend etc should be only available for BM. And of Course if they want to keep Druids with 60 sec duration 3 min CD instant cast Force of nature, i think it will be appropriate to make Stampede 45-60sec duration 3-5min CD 2-3 sec cast (i believe that need some cast time to give other class chance to interrupt). Of course if we have less than 5 pets with us its only our problem.
    2.They already saw that new BA was wrong idea so its time to realise that we also need concussive shot back (whats more it need to be redisgned so it can't be dodged - i don't care that we no longer have a minimal range - melee range is still dead zone for us and we need some tools outside of choosen spec or glyph to make some space)(I can remember blizzard saying that they dont want glyps and talents to be obvious choices - with current situations arcane daze is mandatory glyph at least for BM and SV propably also for MM(we can't maintain daze from chimera and multi after all)).Whats more good old glyph of concusive would be welcome and glyph of arcane daze might be a nice addition(but without max speed reduction).
    3. I'm not 100% sure about Binding shot but with this CD it needs either longer than 3s stun to be competitive or shorter CD(after all it works somehow similar to warlocks shadowfury with 2 small changes -1. Binding have longer CD 2. Binding can be countered(not an optimal way but you can always just stay in range for some time - sucks for arena but sometimes happens for bgs) 3. Shadowfury have an instant stun). that or we will be stuck with silencing shot
    4. Least important - i feel quite jealous that up to now we have only 1 'funny glyph'

Of course those are only my thoughts and propably nobody cares about them (blizzard especially), whats more i'm still waiting for beta acces, but i just can't imagine this things working as they are now...
    Wonderful post. 100% agree with all said

Deleted
    Some of my macros stopped working since the latest beta patch!

I tried a few things, and couldn't find the reason, but there's something very strange about this:

- if I type /cast chimera shot in the chat window, my hunter will shoot a chimera shot
    - if I type /cast arcane shot in the chat window, nothing happens

Same thing with serpent sting, multi-shot and silencing shot, they do not work if that command is used. Also a lot of other abilities do not work with /cast.
    Steady shot and aimed shot do work with that command, which is part of the macros I mentioned.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Some of my macros stopped working since the latest beta patch!

I tried a few things, and couldn't find the reason, but there's something very strange about this:

- if I type /cast chimera shot in the chat window, my hunter will shoot a chimera shot
    - if I type /cast arcane shot in the chat window, nothing happens

Same thing with serpent sting, multi-shot and silencing shot, they do not work if that command is used. Also a lot of other abilities do not work with /cast.
    Steady shot and aimed shot do work with that command, which is part of the macros I mentioned.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

There appears to be a bug with the /cast script. There are several posts on the Beta forums about how macros no longer work if they use /cast. There was a workaround posted that stated you needed to add a "!" in front of the spell to make it work.

/cast !Arcane Shot

instead of

/cast Arcane Shot

It worked for me. But the /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() does not work and causes a LUA error, meaning any CD ability i have macroed spams "Ability not Ready".

Ahh, Beta!

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post

The latter is generally what happens every time they post, because they can't have an honest discussion about hunters without seriously revealing how little they know about it. Like, I am not even kidding or anything. EVERY TIME they say anything about hunters, they say they are making decisions based upon facts about the game mechanics that are just 100% incorrect. They stopped posting regarding hunters because of it.

Anyone else remember the infamous steady/cobra shot farce of .03? What was it.. they nerfed our damage because SV was really high because it didn't scale with gear, so it outdpsed everyone when we were all in blues, then they said they were making steady/cobra shot scale with haste to compensate for the nerf...

Except, that they already scaled with haste, so we received zero compensation. I think that was the last time a blue directly responded to a hunter post regarding hunter mechanics, over a year ago. The one where they didn't know that aspects were on their own GCD might have been before or after it, I forget.
    Yeah, that was really revealing on the lack of understanding at least some of the devs (if not all) have about the class. I was optimistic when Beta first dropped and we seemed to be going down a road to recovery, but the subsequent builds have me back in that pessimistic zone.

It's hard to fathom what they are trying to do with some the changes that have been made. With the new abilities we are getting did they want to combine some things to streamline the toolbox? Did they not like the way BA worked and decided to make it do more? Did they bring over a rogue dev to develop Lynx Rush and a DK guy for Stampede? Sometimes a little insight into WHY a change was made makes it understandable, but just removing stuff or radically changing it for no apparent reason just make me wonder if anyone at the hunter dev cooler knows what the heck is going on.