Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    As far as the info I stated in this video is, I am correct. I could not find a way to respec your pet at a trainer despite trying multiple times, and on two diff toons. I also say twords the end that they are not always ferocity as I tamed the bug (which oddly comes up as a boar if you try to summon it) and that was a tanking pet instead of dps right off the bat.
    Yeah, sorry, made that post right before the end. But the trainers aren't working? Huh. Last patch they did. My porcupine was tenacity when I tamed it, but I respecced him to ferocity. Odd. I'll have to try as well.

Edit: Pet respeccing is working for me just fine.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-05-04 at 05:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    Looks like they fixed some issues with Stampede. The pets are summoned around your target not behind you. Also looks like passive pets do attack now.
    The fact that they're working on it rather than scrapping it for something new and useful is saddening

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    The fact that they're working on it rather than scrapping it for something new and useful is saddening

Well...tbh, it's burst is pretty ridiculousoutofcontrolroflstompamazing. I'd prefer they work on it(because I love it and its very new and useful imo) and adjust the cast time/cooldown, but we'll see. Now that I've tested it, it's not as bad as I thought. I do think the numbers need tweaking though.

Edit: And by ridiculous, I mean I just burnt through a 1.1mill HP mob with about 7 seconds. Each pet(with Wild Hunt being baked into Claw/smack/bite) was critting for around 40-50k. And I only had 4 of 5 slots filled.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-05-04 at 06:28 AM.

Do the pets in Stampede path to the rear of the target like the crows and normal pets do?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Do the pets in Stampede path to the rear of the target like the crows and normal pets do?
    Yup. Unless it has aggro of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Yup. Unless it has aggro of course.
    BAH. So much for using a flock of birds then.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

BAH. So much for using a flock of birds then.
    THey all spawn around the target though, so it might have the affect you desire for a short time.

THey all spawn around the target though, so it might have the affect you desire for a short time.
    Aye, maybe. Of course with the current CD and De-Readiness Hex on it, I doubt it'd prove useful for PVP anyway. If they fix that, tho ... frankly, it'd be worth the parry chance just for the visual obscurement. I wonder if we can get that Glyphed? "Glyph of the Fearless Pet - Your pet paths to the front of the target rather than the rear". Obviously BM would never take it, but I can see it being useful for SV and MM.

Aye, maybe. Of course with the current CD and De-Readiness Hex on it, I doubt it'd prove useful for PVP anyway. If they fix that, tho ... frankly, it'd be worth the parry chance just for the visual obscurement. I wonder if we can get that Glyphed? "Glyph of the Fearless Pet - Your pet paths to the front of the target rather than the rear". Obviously BM would never take it, but I can see it being useful for SV and MM.
    More like "Glyph of mugging" during stampede your pets surround their target, rather than pathing to the rear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    More like "Glyph of mugging" during stampede your pets surround their target, rather than pathing to the rear.
    Well I want it to be generic; the Murder of Crows also paths to the rear and I'd rather have them attack from the front as well. And imagine fighting a gnome or goblin with a large pet in his face ...

ok, yeah, that may be OP. Dammit.

finally they fixed ranged weapon stats! thx Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Anyone else in beta think that while lvling we are really crit dependent on killing mobs? On live i can kill something easy with like 1-2 shots but in beta i have crit both aimed and chimera to be even close to killing it fast(atleast for MM).
    That's intentional. All classes are like that. We aren't 'crit dependent', mobs actually take more than two hits to kill, as it should be. Right now on live, nobody leveling has any reason to use anything but their spec shot (or ArS for BM, because pet takes longer to get in range for KC than it takes to kill a mob with 2 ArS). I, for one, am looking forward to actually having to use more than one ability while levelling. It's the only thing I miss about Vanilla/TBC (well, that and Zangarmarsh, but I can still visit Zangar!).

EDIT: Live status taken from one of my (many, many) lowbie Hunter alts that doesn't have any BoA gear cuz they're on different realms.
    Last edited by Atlanis; 2012-05-04 at 03:50 PM.

so we are losing CotW from our pets one of our main CD's and getting a 10 minute CD in return?

It's too early to really say for sure what's happening with pets. They sort of have the new system in place, but pets are really, really buggy right now. In the half hour of testing I've done so far (just got in last night), my pet didn't have his family skill (a cat), and was pretty much doing whatever he wanted, no matter what I told him to do. Things like randomly breaking off his attack and coming back to my side mid fight, attacking nearby targets I hadn't even targeted, etc. So yeah, too soon to make pet judgements.

And stampede still has a long ways to go as well. Believe me, no one is happy with it's current form, and the feedback IS pouring in.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    It's too early to really say for sure what's happening with pets. They sort of have the new system in place, but pets are really, really buggy right now. In the half hour of testing I've done so far (just got in last night), my pet didn't have his family skill (a cat), and was pretty much doing whatever he wanted, no matter what I told him to do. Things like randomly breaking off his attack and coming back to my side mid fight, attacking nearby targets I hadn't even targeted, etc. So yeah, too soon to make pet judgements.

And stampede still has a long ways to go as well. Believe me, no one is happy with it's current form, and the feedback IS pouring in.
    What he said. Pets are still getting worked on. And let's all be honest here. Call of the Wild wasn't a ground breaking amazing cooldown. We all just macro'd it into Rapid Fire and forgot about it. It was just an AP booster. Tbh, I won't miss it because I hardly knew it was there. Ya know?

Deleted
    I think I've never seen a video of black ice yet... Is there any around?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    I think I've never seen a video of black ice yet... Is there any around?
    The glyph vendor doesn't have it or Beast, AH is empty, and no idea where else it could be.

Edit: Pet respeccing is working for me just fine.
    I wish it was for me T.T I want my worm to be non tanking xD

Even though they're taking CotW away from Ferocity pets, they appear to have buffed Rabid. So I'm thinking that "replaces" CotW as the main ferocity CD.

A buffed Rabid is no where near the balance to losing CotW