Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Both Readiness and Fervor are bad. I find thrill of the hunt a lot better, the amount of free shots you get is insane, especially on, aoe, like 10 multishots in a row.
    Yeah, more procs on thrill of the hunt not only mean more multi-shots, but also maxed out uptime on beastcleave as well for BM

I would hardly call Readiness and Fervor bad. An extra 100 focus ever 30 seconds would also equal a lot of "free shots" would it not? The main difference is that Thrill is passive, and unpredictable. This makes it good for long fights where you don't want to have to worry about having any extra buttons to push. I don't see anyone using thrill for pvp, but I can see it becoming popular for some for dungeons and raids. I prefer a little more control over my focus returns, and being able to burst on demand, so I would likely take Fervor over thrill. Readiness is also amazing, and if you can't see why, well then there's probably no hope for you.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Both Readiness and Fervor are bad. I find thrill of the hunt a lot better, the amount of free shots you get is insane, especially on, aoe, like 10 multishots in a row.
    For fights like H Spine, TotH would not hold a candle to Readiness or Fervor. Imagine having TBW up for the full duration of tendons.

Deleted
    all sound great. toth would have to procc rediciously often to be competetive. take bm as an example. with fervor you get 200 free focus and 50% reduced focus costs for 10s every minute. imagine this kind of "substained burst". plain awesome...

Deleted
    Toth procced 16 times in 2 minutes on the stone guardian encounter, which imo is very decent. It tends to proc constantly on aoe though.

I don't see why you'd use fervor as bm, the rotation for bm basically doesn't allow you to go close to focus starving, unless aoeing but toth makes up for it.

I'll try to do some more testing to give some results about the 3 options available.

Hello, what is the current go-to spec for Hunters now on the beta (just for leveling purposes)? A link to a the talent/glyphs would be super great too!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwb-COnNts8&feature=plcp

Unless my eyes deceive me, the hunter has a yak pet.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwb-COnNts8&feature=plcp

Unless my eyes deceive me, the hunter has a yak pet.
    I have a yak and a mushan. Cause, you know, Beta. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    I have a yak and a mushan. Cause, you know, Beta. :3
    Didn't see anything on the front page about yaks (or mushan for that matter), so I was curious

Did I miss the discussion about this earlier in the thread or did I report something cool?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Didn't see anything on the front page about yaks (or mushan for that matter), so I was curious

Did I miss the discussion about this earlier in the thread or did I report something cool?
    Its only a few days old about both discoveries. Pretty much day 1 on the patch people found out.

Yaks are tameable and currently classified as Goats. For pet related information I generally tend to visit Petopia forums anyway, they seem to be most up-to-date when it comes to hunter pets...expected really since it's a dedicated hunter site.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Yaks are tameable and currently classified as Goats. For pet related information I generally tend to visit Petopia forums anyway, they seem to be most up-to-date when it comes to hunter pets...expected really since it's a dedicated hunter site.
    Ive been slow updating the pet section of this thread. I promise to get it done this weekend. I hope. As for the Mushan and Yak, many of us at Petopia are certain that these are currently bugged(much like Porcupines and Silkworms were) and aren't meant to be tamable. However, we could be wrong or Blizzard may make them tamable due to sheer popularity. We'll see though!

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Ive been slow updating the pet section of this thread. I promise to get it done this weekend. I hope.
    Oh, I wasn't taking any dig at you with that post. Apologies if you saw it that way. I just meant that I tend to go to various sites so just wanted to pass along the Petopia forums if Davendwarf didn't know about them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Oh, I wasn't taking any dig at you with that post. Apologies if you saw it that way. I just meant that I tend to go to various sites so just wanted to pass along the Petopia forums if Davendwarf didn't know about them yet.
    Oh no no! I didn't. No worries!

Question with stampede and how people are using it in a raiding enviornment, the cast time kinda needs to be reduced or made an instant cast ability imo but there seems to be some false perception that due to hunters having min range removed were suddenly going to be unstoppable when we are just going to be balanced (either remove min range or give us back our extra range over caster wich made min range acceptable in the 1st place but thats another /whinge.)

So, how are people currently using stampede in raiding situations?

Pre pull so wont lose 3 secs during boss encounter
    Before hero/lust/TW is used
    During hero/lust/TW
    When you have an itchy nose and need about 3 seconds to scratch it
    Other

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    So, how are people currently using stampede in raiding situations?
    In that one raid, on that one boss, on that one single short couple hour window?

Raids are not implemented yet.

That said, I assume you are going to want to line it up when you have the most buffs on you. Hero/Potion/etc...
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2012-06-23 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    In that one raid, on that one boss, on that one single short couple hour window?

Raids are not implemented yet.

That said, I assume you are going to want to line it up when you have the most buffs on you. Hero/Potion/etc...
    Yep I shoulda said how people are "intending" to use it. Using a 3 sec cast when you have all your buffs stacked though? The damage from stampede better be worth it else your wasting Pots,CDs etc imo unless your BM then you might have an arguement to use it then but as MM/Surv? Dont see it being that good or worth sacraficing GCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    Yep I shoulda said how people are "intending" to use it. Using a 3 sec cast when you have all your buffs stacked though? The damage from stampede better be worth it else your wasting Pots,CDs etc imo unless your BM then you might have an arguement to use it then but as MM/Surv? Dont see it being that good or worth sacraficing GCDs.
    Its very much worth it. Back at 87 when I first tested it as BM, with no trinket procs, potions, etc, popping Stampede and spamming Arcane Shot(which does has a lot of synchronization with pets as BM) had Stampede do roughly 1.2million damage over 10 seconds. Thats HUGE. Imagine at 90 with pots, trinkets, etc. You will definitely want to pop this under agility procs/pots/whatever. And even as nonBM, I highly suspect it will be worth it too. Think about it. Would you use a 3 second cast time shot that put a DoT on the target that did 1 to 1.2million damage over 10 seconds at level 87? Putting it that way puts it in a different perspective that people might understand more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Its very much worth it. Back at 87 when I first tested it as BM, with no trinket procs, potions, etc, popping Stampede and spamming Arcane Shot(which does has a lot of synchronization with pets as BM) had Stampede do roughly 1.2million damage over 10 seconds. Thats HUGE. Imagine at 90 with pots, trinkets, etc. You will definitely want to pop this under agility procs/pots/whatever. And even as nonBM, I highly suspect it will be worth it too. Think about it. Would you use a 3 second cast time shot that put a DoT on the target that did 1 to 1.2million damage over 10 seconds at level 87? Putting it that way puts it in a different perspective that people might understand more.
    I can see why a BM hunter would cream over stampede but for arguments sake in regards to the 3 second cast: as MM, 2xAimed shots with full procs or as Surv, LnL might do more output in the overall fight which is why Im being cpt scepticle over the ability. My main argument/thinking out loud is that I wonder where stampede fits into a non BM rotation as the output will be nowhere near as a BM that can pop BW etc. Also keep in mind that numbers are not scaled yet and hunter output appears to be low, (I have a feeling that we are now going to become a class that starts an expansion with low output -> meh -> good output at the end rather than start strong and get hit with the nerfbat and finnish with thereabouts dps.) So shots could be considerably buffed/nerfed with the same applying to pets.

In hindsight I should have asked that question later but I am very curious as to where this stampede fits in for a non BM hunter as thats what I personally am more likely to be raiding as.

I'm surprised that hunters in the beta forums haven't said much about Stampede. I got to level 87 a couple of days ago and thought, right lets see what our "EPIC" (Quoting GC) level 87 ability is going be like. I've never felt so underwhelmed in my WOW life at seeing how utterly disappointing Stampede is in its currents implementation. Considering we went an entire expansion with a totally useless ability in Camo, are we going to wait till the expansion after MOP to find any use of Stampede. Its basically AOD, not useable in arena, doesn't look all that great - by that i mean graphically I was hoping for some effects that gave stampede some "feeling". I want to be on even terms with other classes and use my level 87 ability in arena, on each boss pull, and not have to wait every 10 minutes to cast 10 seconds of disappointment.
    I consider some of the talents choices mandatory, some are actually interesting choices ala Readiness tree. They need to make some of the newer talents such as binding shot more viable as what essentially is a cast Shadow Fury doesn't perk me with huge enthusiam for that particular talent. Level 90 talents are hit and miss. I can see barrage be the goto for PvE, Glaives seem alot more PvP viable than Powershot - I'm not a huge fan of castable shots as a hunter, I prefer the "casters" to get on with that. Again level 90 talents aren't going to be hugely interesting choices unless Blizz changes them somewhat.
    What also annoys me is the volume of responces GC is giving other classes (just look at rogues for example, the most "balanced class" in GC's words) when compared to Hunters. When he does respond to hunters its usually to acknowledge some bug (like the MD one) rather than address issues accurately and concisely such as rogue/feral dodge in arena. When he did respond to that question, he went on about some bullcrap lore about people being able to dodge arrows rather than answer the question of the fact that hunters cannot get behind their target and his statement claiming that most melee don't attack in arena from behind is so much crap I wonder sometimes what game GC plays. Tell him to go watch videos of Swifty et al..., tutorials on how to play a melee class in PvP (as he obviously doesn't know it himself playing a mage) and actually see that all decent melee will attack from behind. It really surprises me at the responses we get from that guy sometimes.
    Last edited by Windthorn; 2012-06-24 at 06:16 AM.