Camo is not a totally useless ability, it is a PvP ability.

Again with the hunters being dodged thing, your damage will be tuned around the idea of your attacks being dodgable, just like all melee is now.

I REALLY dont get how people thing Stampede is underwhelming. It completely baffles me. Completely. Yeah, the cooldown is long. But it is a crap ton of damage. And as SV, I just did about 1million damage with it at 88. 3 second cast time, 1 million damage. To break that down for you, 3 second cast time to boost your DPS by 100k if you're NOT BM. Bump that up a nice bit if you are BM. I dont know a single person who wouldnt spend 3 seconds to do 100k more DPS. Good luck getting that with 3 explosive shots or 2 aimed shots. And as for the animation, what do you expect? x.o Its an ability that calls out your pets to fight for you. It does just that. Calls out all 5 pets to roflpwn for 10 seconds. Sure, it doesnt have a super fancy animation. But it doesnt need it imo. Not to mention, I'd rather have Stampede then any of the other classes 87/88 abilities.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 07:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Camo is not a totally useless ability, it is a PvP ability.

Again with the hunters being dodged thing, your damage will be tuned around the idea of your attacks being dodgable, just like all melee is now.
    And we get focus back for dodged shots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony337 View Post
    Band aid fixes be gone!!! Plus a 5% crit buff added to Trueshot Aura? very nice.
    Crit buff was removed.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    One question regarding the viability of Stampede in pvp (none arena that is, because of that insanely stupid 10 min cd):

if you cast it, and during those 3 seconds your target goes LoS, do the pets still spawn at him?

If usable in LoS it would be great, if not: anyone with a brain should know to run from a 3 sec cast...

Having it not usable in arena is a big slap in the face of any arena hunter, it's realy beyond comprehension for me. Why on earth create another Army of the Dead issue deliberately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    One question regarding the viability of Stampede in pvp (none arena that is, because of that insanely stupid 10 min cd):

if you cast it, and during those 3 seconds your target goes LoS, do the pets still spawn at him?

If usable in LoS it would be great, if not: anyone with a brain should know to run from a 3 sec cast...

Having it not usable in arena is a big slap in the face of any arena hunter, it's realy beyond comprehension for me. Why on earth create another Army of the Dead issue deliberately?
    When I was testing previously, Dire Beast ignored LoS, as did Murder of Crows. I haven't had a chance to test with Stampede yet. Will get back to you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Oh, I wasn't taking any dig at you with that post. Apologies if you saw it that way. I just meant that I tend to go to various sites so just wanted to pass along the Petopia forums if Davendwarf didn't know about them yet.
    Oh believe me, I know about Petopia. I didn't, however, know yaks were currently classified as goats.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh believe me, I know about Petopia. I didn't, however, know yaks were currently classified as goats.
    Mushan are currently classified as Crocolisks as well, which is the main reason many people think its a bug and unintended.

Surprised this wasn't discussed yet. It was in the warlock q&a, but it was front page, thought someone would have picked it up:

Lastly, I think there needs to be some change to the guardian cooldowns so that we can actually use them on most attempts in raid PvE without having to worry if it will be wasted on a wipe. I won't rehash all of the proposed solutions becuase that's been done enough, but with DS teir being replaced by new gear I am worried about going back to the way things used to be.

We have new tech to reset certain long cooldowns that you’re sometimes tempted to wait around for before each pull (such as Summon Doomguard), when you wipe on an encounter. This tech hasn’t been hooked up to every encounter yet, but you should be able to see this work on some encounters (such as Stone Guard on this Friday). This won’t apply to every long cooldown. Our current rule of thumb is that it applies to cooldowns longer than 5min, but no longer than 10min, but there will be some exceptions to that. It is going to be very subjective which cooldowns are included, but again our rule of thumb is: would reasonable groups kill time waiting for this cooldown to finish before starting an encounter? Please don't lobby for every cooldown you have to be included.
    Think it'll apply to Stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Surprised this wasn't discussed yet. It was in the warlock q&a, but it was front page, thought someone would have picked it up:

Hmmm, I hope so. If we're not getting any similar treatment, then the lengthy CD of Stampede is no doubt going to hurt us during the progression period.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

I'd assume so. Stampede is a huge damage cooldown. This excites me! The 10 minute cooldown was the only thing I didn't like about it because of raiding, but alas, if its including, that hate shall go away!

Are they going to atleast put the bows on the hunter back? instead of the pole arm..

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpulse View Post
    Are they going to atleast put the bows on the hunter back? instead of the pole arm..
    yes, bows, cross-bows and guns will be sheathed on the back, there is a blue about it =)

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

but again our rule of thumb is: would reasonable groups kill time waiting for this cooldown to finish before starting an encounter?
    I just wonder if Stampede is something a raid leader would wait around for before starting an encounter. Aettis I agree Stamepede does a truck load of damage but I would have liked our level 87 ability to be used in arena also. I would have much prefered to see the cooldown decrease, duration increased and damage reduced so it could be a nice PvP ability (in arena) and also in PvE. I've used it on Beta and that 10 seconds does go by very quickly.
    Regarding my comment about Camo, it was a pretty useless ability in PvP, easy to counter but in its current state in Beta Camo is awesome, especially glyphed. I really hope they do a pass on our talents also as some tiers do not present with interesting choices. It would have been nice to have level 90 talents all to be useful in both PvE and PvP. Right now it appears glaives will be PvP, barrage will be PvE and powershot is just meh with the cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I really hope they do a pass on our talents also as some tiers do not present with interesting choices. It would have been nice to have level 90 talents all to be useful in both PvE and PvP. Right now it appears glaives will be PvP, barrage will be PvE and powershot is just meh with the cast time.
    Currently (at least for me) Glaive Toss does about 20% more damage than Arcane Shot so it would be worth using on CD in PVE on single target encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    Currently (at least for me) Glaive Toss does about 20% more damage than Arcane Shot so it would be worth using on CD in PVE on single target encounters.
    That's surprising and welcome! Even though its a boring ability from a PvE DPS perspective, having another ability to use in a rotation is nice.

News from the raid testing. Inside the spirit realm on gara'jal you get a buff that varies from class to class. As a hunter it was focus regen, I don't know where it started from but at one point it was at 50 and climbing. Pointless when you can't really spend much more than 30/s sustained but perhaps it's a work in progress.

It was good for spamming multishot inside the realm, although multishot hits like a wet noodle right now. I felt extremely useless.

Edit: 50/s and climbing*
    Last edited by Arhippa; 2012-06-25 at 10:04 PM.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    wowhead.com and other ressources say that glaive toss trigger no GCD. To macro it into rotation is a no-brainer if it wont break your rotation / prio

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I have it showing as costing 20 focus so macroing it ala KC in wrath probably won't be the best idea. I also notice that GC commented on aspect macros being changed for MOP, in that as we currently in Cata can macro all our shots for PvP to aspects seems like this will be a thing of the past. I wonder if they GCD our aspects how much a nerf that will be to PvP as whichever way we look at this, it will be a nerf.

If they are really going to put our aspects on a GCD then I feel bad for us in pvp.

We don't consider that fun gameplay. You're basically opting out of Aspects as a mechanic and just always benefiting from the right Aspect because you're "clever" enough to know there is a macro. Usually in this situation we put the "stance" on the normal GCD or make the shared GCD longer.
    That reason is the dumbest statement I've ever heard, it's the sole reason aspects are there, to change them when the need to be, anyway a lot of people don't use the shot macro for switching because it's bad. GCD on aspects will screw with hunters alot. Hope it's just an "idea" and that they aren't crazy enough to nerf us to the ground like they have done with heal on disengage.

Every blue has been either a nerf or talk about freaking barrage...
    Last edited by Casa; 2012-06-26 at 09:27 AM.

Agree there, I use Hawk/Fox macro on a single Keybind but its going to be a pain if you want to switch aspects if they stick it on GCD with our shots, meaning we will need to cast Hawk, wait GCD, cast shot, wait GCD, cast fox, wait GCD, SS, SS etc..... Making the shared GCD longer seems a dumb idea also. After promising to fix Hunter PvP, giving us self heals that were so badly needed, giving us new shots like Binding shot, all they've seem to have done it nerf everything or make an ability worse. I really hope this "idea" is just ignored. Why can't they just leave us alone!!!