Ha, I made a post on the US forum earlier today about Powershot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5979220243

It's not just Powershot, but the entire lvl 90 tier is garbage. I am surprised at the lack of creativity when it comes to hunter development. Barrage has no PVP use and Glaive Toss has a 30% snare that lasts 3 sec that doesn't even stack with Concussive/Ice Trap. I was really hoping to get something iconic in MoP that would make hunters desirable in rated PVP like Stampede, but even that is trash and can't be used outside of normal BGs. Every other class is getting lvl 87 and 90 abilities that are both useful in PVE and PVP, except hunters just like Camo that took an entire expansion to fix.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Attahnimo View Post
    Powershot has a pathetic knockback

http://youtu.be/R_skqYiXt1o
    I added your video to the thread if you don't mind.
    Last edited by aarjun; 2012-07-02 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    except hunters just like Camo that took an entire expansion to fix.
    It's not even *really* that fixed either, because it costs a glyph, so there's a catch of some sort. Sure, the capability is there, but still, there's a small price to it too

Quote Originally Posted by Shonvel View Post
    From GC (Beta Class Balance Analysis thread page 49):

We knocked out a lot of bugs on pet scaling. You probably have some of these now and will get more updates over time.

All pets get:
    -- Crit: 100% of your Crit (Melee/Ranged/Spell individually)
    -- Hit: 50% of your Hit and 50% of your Exp
    -- Exp: 50% of your Hit and 50% of your Exp
    -- Resil: 100% of your Resil
    -- PvP Power: 100% of your PvP Power
    -- Haste: 100% of your Haste (Melee/Ranged/Spell/Regen individually)
    -- Dodge: 100% of your Dodge
    -- Parry: 100% of your Parry
    -- Armor: Various %s of your Armor, based on pet
    -- HP: Various %s of your HP, based on pet

Some pets get, as appropriate to the pet:
    -- SP: Some % of your SP, AP, or RAP, based on pet
    -- AP: Some % of your SP, AP, or RAP, based on pet
    -- RAP: Some % of your RAP, based on pet
    -- Mastery: Warlock and Mage pets get 100% of your Mastery
    -- Mana: Mage pets get 100% of your Mana
    -- Mana Regen: Mage pets get 100% of your Mana Regen
    Anyone else notice that some encounter specific buffs that increase hunter damage doesn't effect the pet on live? Is there any word on if that's gonna change?

This beta class analysis is utter shit all dumb PvE questions

Entire Level 90 Tier of hunter talents break CC and we could honestly live without all 3 spells. Nothing innovative

Just like Cobra shot being a carbon copy of steady shot and being one of NEW EXPANSION SPELLS

Again Power shot is just aimed shot and barrage just multi-shot at their cores.

Glaive toss should be a 70% snare, shit just looks pretty.

Honestly I havent been excited about any new hunter spell introduced in any expacs since Master's Call

Honestly I havent been excited about any new hunter spell introduced in any expacs since Master's Call
    As someone who doesn't pvp, I wasn't excited about even MC. Apart from that though, I agree with you on all of our new spells.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    It's not even *really* that fixed either, because it costs a glyph, so there's a catch of some sort. Sure, the capability is there, but still, there's a small price to it too
    I think he/she was referring to Camo being usable in combat now.

This beta class analysis is utter shit all dumb PvE questions

Entire Level 90 Tier of hunter talents break CC and we could honestly live without all 3 spells. Nothing innovative

Just like Cobra shot being a carbon copy of steady shot and being one of NEW EXPANSION SPELLS

Again Power shot is just aimed shot and barrage just multi-shot at their cores.

Glaive toss should be a 70% snare, shit just looks pretty.

Well of course they break CC. They deal damage. Cobra Shot is a copy of Steady shot, except it deals nature damage and refreshes Serpent Sting. So then by that logic Fireball and Frostbolt must be the same. And don't forget about Incinerate and Shadow Bolt! But seriously, you're comparing apples to oranges. Yes, they are both fruit, but that doesn't mean they are the same. Power Shot deals massive damage and has a knock back. Aimed Shot doesn't deal massive damage and doesn't have a knockback. Barrage is a channeled single target spell that can also cleave/AoE other targets AND can be used while in Aspect of the Fox, while Multishot is just a simple AoE. But I suppose you are semi-right...at their 'core' they are the same? They all deal damage!

Hunter's have pretty much any and all spells we could need. Talents aren't meant to be things we can't live without. That's the point. THey are supposed to add fun, flavor, utility, etc to our class. One thing hunters are missing, though, are more variety with shots. Cooldowns even. Powershot and Barrage are just that. I think most people will be quite happy with them when the scaling/bugs are fixed with them and they start dealing massive omgwtf damage.

Also, some of you may like this:

"Based on feedback, we are going to try an implementation of Stampede where the pets have more uptime (some combo of lower duration and shorter cooldown) but are weaker than they would be individually." -GC

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post

"Based on feedback, we are going to try an implementation of Stampede where the pets have more uptime (some combo of lower duration and shorter cooldown) but are weaker than they would be individually." -GC
    Best news regarding our new toys so far. I'd be very happy if they reduced the cooldown but lowered its damage for balance. And while I don't do arenas, it feels very odd that our new baseline ability cannot be used in arenas. Hopefully the cooldown change will allow it to be used there.

Well of course they break CC. They deal damage.
    He meant break CC to secondary targets since they all do damage to more than 1 target, rendering them very risky/useless in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent359 View Post
    10% Chimera heal is also great.
    Chimera got nerfed hard. It only heals 3% now. Chimera glyph increases it by 2% to make it 5%, same as live.

I don't know if someone mentioned it but it seems there is new look for wolfs similar to skoll

http://i.imgur.com/l6sRA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iq8a7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rav1410 View Post
    I don't know if someone mentioned it but it seems there is new look for wolfs similar to skoll

http://i.imgur.com/l6sRA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iq8a7.jpg
    Yup! Saw that on Petopia a week or two ago. Once the patches slow down, I'll do a big update to the front page with new pet looks. There's also some armored raptors, new models of the new turtles, ravens, and some other neat models.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    He meant break CC to secondary targets since they all do damage to more than 1 target, rendering them very risky/useless in arenas.

Chimera got nerfed hard. It only heals 3% now. Chimera glyph increases it by 2% to make it 5%, same as live.
    Oh duh, I'm so sorry x.x

Incidentally, the biggest problem with Army of the Dead was pet scaling, which was apparently broken for almost every class. Our apologies. We have that fixed up now so you should be able to evaluate the results soon.
    + the already mentioned scaling - We should expect more dmg of our pets in beta now.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    + the already mentioned scaling - We should expect more dmg of our pets in beta now.
    Was just chatting with a friend about this. Apparently pets were only doing 5 to 8% of our damage on beta! Silly pets.

I read somewhere Wind Serpents are supposed to give us 10% melee/ranged haste. I've been on beta with my Wind Serpent, and its still applying the magical dmg increase debuff. Am I mistaken? Also what do you think will be the best pet to solo with considering all pets can be speced into any spec now. Would it be best going with Tenacity. I've been leveling with no problems as ferocity BM hunter with Spirit Bond.

This was interesting to hear but I was actually more excited by the confirmation from GC that pets summoned during stampede are meant to use their special abilities during stampede. I know that's how it's been working but I was a bit worried this would be seen as OP. I'll definitely be keeping one pet with a root, one with a stun and one with an interrupt/silence on me at all times, now if only there were a way to stagger their casts

Oh man if only we could use Stampede in arena, imagine that line of abilities on one target. Would be quite funny. Well nonetheless we can get our giggles in bgs. I'd keep a Rhino also for lols, imagine that, knockback, stun, root,silence .... oh that would be funny.

Was just chatting with a friend about this. Apparently pets were only doing 5 to 8% of our damage on beta! Silly pets.
    Pets do seem to be scaling off our RAP now though, didn't really check before so excuse me if this was inmplemented long ago. So this is how it looks for me, at lvl 89 with only a new ring as a gear upgrade:

So as you can see, that's a lot more pet AP (on live, it's nothing even close to that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering if anyone knows if hunters can tame hydras or any new pets from old contents?

Quote Originally Posted by DekyD View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows if hunters can tame hydras or any new pets from old contents?
    No to hydras. Only new pets right now are basilisks, porcupines, quilen, water striders, cranes, and goats. There are several new models though in Pandaria.
    See: http://wow-petopia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I read somewhere Wind Serpents are supposed to give us 10% melee/ranged haste. I've been on beta with my Wind Serpent, and its still applying the magical dmg increase debuff. Am I mistaken? Also what do you think will be the best pet to solo with considering all pets can be speced into any spec now. Would it be best going with Tenacity. I've been leveling with no problems as ferocity BM hunter with Spirit Bond.
    Just regular serpents(the cobras) and hyenas apply the 10% haste buff.

Thanks for clearing that up mate