Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Could you link the video? I tried finding it on his youtube, but the only MoP 90 video i found was about talents. :S
    It's at 1:53 of this video, shows Braindeadly topping the damage charts in a 2s game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmHM...4&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    It's at 1:53 of this video, shows Braindeadly topping the damage charts in a 2s game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmHM...4&feature=plcp
    1 arena with some random DK is definitely not representative of lvl 90 PvP.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

From GC:

At the moment, Dire Beast is on the same tier as Fervor and Thrill of the Hunt. Thrill of the Hunt has been redesigned to make Arcane or Multi-Shots free. Readiness is no longer a talent and we might try it as a core ability in some form. There is a new talent called Blink Strike with Murder of Crows and Lynx Rush. Blink Strike lets your pet teleport behind a target and cause damage on a 20 sec cooldown, somewhat like the old Warp Stalker ability. We are trying to preserve the idea of Murder of Crows in a format that is more performance friendly (as I said before, creating units is surprisingly tough on the client). Try not to make assumptions about the numbers of any of these until you get a chance to try them.

Readiness becoming baseline? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Now they just need to do that with Silencing Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Never get your hopes up as a hunter. It might be becoming MM only again. I hope it's baseline though.

Thrill of the Hunt has been redesigned to make Arcane or Multi-Shots free.
    Just straight up free? This sounds pretty amazing. Clearly something that will be reworked. Just imagine the amount of damage with a nonstop aoe spam into a crowd of enemies. Also a nonstop arcane spam in pvp. Makes my mouth water.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLichRunner View Post
    Just straight up free? This sounds pretty amazing. Clearly something that will be reworked. Just imagine the amount of damage with a nonstop aoe spam into a crowd of enemies. Also a nonstop arcane spam in pvp. Makes my mouth water.
    Thats what I originally thought, but that would outweigh the other options immensely. Compared to Fervor, if TotH was on a proc chance, for Multishot it would only need to proc 3 times to be equal to Fervor, or 5 times for Arcane Shot, over 30 seconds. If TotH made both of those free, that would be equivalent to a potential 660 free focus VS 100 every 30 seconds. The more likely option is just a higher proc chance for those 2 spells(like 30 or 45%).

Non-stop Multi Shotting seems rather potent, possibly too much so.

And Readiness better be baseline and unchanged. It is our only real utility.

They might make it like the elemental shaman talent that just duplicates another Arcane Shot/Multi Shot possibly. I would assume Readiness will become baseline, way too much qq would happen if they got rid of it from a PvE and PVP aspect.

Wonder if this pet teleport move will be off the GCD so we can just macro it to instant pop behind mob x.

Just need Silencing Shot made baseline with Entrapment replacing it in the talents and MoP will be a great expansion for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    They might make it like the elemental shaman talent that just duplicates another Arcane Shot/Multi Shot possibly. I would assume Readiness will become baseline, way too much qq would happen if they got rid of it from a PvE and PVP aspect.

Wonder if this pet teleport move will be off the GCD so we can just macro it to instant pop behind mob x.

Just need Silencing Shot made baseline with Entrapment replacing it in the talents and MoP will be a great expansion for hunters.
    Oh thats pretty smart(the Entrapment thing), never thought of that. And the duplicating thing could be interesting, but I dunno if that fits with the theme of focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now they just need to do that with Silencing Shot.
    That would be badass.

I'm really curious to see how this is going to be balanced, considering that it's meant to be a beast themed utility + damage tier, and I'm not sure what kind of + damage they will tack onto this ability. Also going off what our warpies used to do, was use their ability it the target was not in range, but did not actually auto cast if it was in range (eg, you would have to manual cast it if your warpie was already on the mob to gain the additional "next to hits miss" component?) Would that also be the case for this new talent? (more macros.. /shudder)

The interest/caution I show with this new Blink Strike is that if it does come with a + damage added into it's utility, well then it will have to be used on cooldown to get the most out of it. If it is used on cooldown (which I guess you would want to do), if or when you do need the utility side of it (the mod/player moves/teleports, etc.) then the ability would be on cool down, and therefore make it's utility kind of moot.

It also has a very similar feel to Lynx Rush, as your pet will teleport/"rush" to Mob/Opponents within the range of the spell (though my guess is that the blink in the blink strike will have a larger range) That and the the lynx rush has the aoe component to it due to the "rush/pounce" ability.

This leaves me trying to work out what + damage modifier could they add to Blink Strike to make it viable compared lynx rush. (which has a small teleport, damage, and AOE component)

Would it have to put a buff on the pet/hunter for x amount of seconds after the Blink Strike?
    Put a debuff/DOT on the Mob/Opponent for x amount of seconds after the Blink Strike?

Would this Buff/DeBuff/Dot be worth the loss of the utility of the blink if used on cooldown, etc?

Anyways, food for thought I guess, be interesting to see what they come up with.

Oh and as for Warping Rhinos, macro that sucker in with it's horn toss ability and you essentially get a Death Grip!

or would that be a Death Toss ......

or a Horn Grip

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, dire beast is in the focus tier now. Interesting. The level 75 tier now is a tad less interesting to me. Lynx Rush is meh and Murder of Crows got nerfed so badly. I think Blizz should beef it up now. And maybe make it 1 crow or something since it seems to tax computers a lot. And even though I missed the Warpstalker ability, giving us that just seems... strange. I'll have to wait and see. Gosh, we need an update to the beta realms. We haven't gotten one in a while. (Or at least it feels that way.)

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    And maybe make it 1 crow or something since it seems to tax computers a lot.
    That would only make it Attempted Murder

Finally decided to get in gear and levelled my hunter to lvl 90 on the beta - ghostcrawler did mention something about bringing the cooldown of stampede down and the damage along with it, right? Because right now, even though some warlock kept adamantly telling me that the CD of the LONG things like doomguard, fire elemental, etc, reset after you wiped on a boss or killed one etc, it ceartainly is not doing that to my stampede... Which means that we're screwed on every other pull of a raid boss still :s.
    So far, MM has seemed to give me the best results - running around in my full DS gear with 3.5% expertise/hit (need to see if I can get some more ;_, I was pushing about 40K dps with the items scaled up to Ilvl 440 due to the random dungeon testing buff (by the way, does anyone know if that's in effect in the beta raids too? Might just have to get the 5 set from Anh'qiraj, 1 minute CD on rapid fire and stats scaled to 440 Ilvl =P).

Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    That would only make it Attempted Murder
    That wouldn't make it anything, considering the reason it's called a "Murder of crows" is because a group of crows actually IS called a murder . Then it'd just be "crow".

I thought we'd get one by today, so maybe tomorrow? Been a long time! Needs to come now. I want to see these new talents and what has been done with Readiness.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Finally decided to get in gear and levelled my hunter to lvl 90 on the beta - ghostcrawler did mention something about bringing the cooldown of stampede down and the damage along with it, right? Because right now, even though some warlock kept adamantly telling me that the CD of the LONG things like doomguard, fire elemental, etc, reset after you wiped on a boss or killed one etc, it ceartainly is not doing that to my stampede... Which means that we're screwed on every other pull of a raid boss still :s.
    So far, MM has seemed to give me the best results - running around in my full DS gear with 3.5% expertise/hit (need to see if I can get some more ;_, I was pushing about 40K dps with the items scaled up to Ilvl 440 due to the random dungeon testing buff (by the way, does anyone know if that's in effect in the beta raids too? Might just have to get the 5 set from Anh'qiraj, 1 minute CD on rapid fire and stats scaled to 440 Ilvl =P).

That wouldn't make it anything, considering the reason it's called a "Murder of crows" is because a group of crows actually IS called a murder . Then it'd just be "crow".
    Stampede, afaik, is supposed to reset on boss wipes, but Im not sure if thats raid only or dungeons too. They may not have implemented that for Stampede though due to them wanting to mess around with the CD/duration.

I thought we'd get one by today, so maybe tomorrow? Been a long time! Needs to come now. I want to see these new talents and what has been done with Readiness.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:17 AM ----------

Stampede, afaik, is supposed to reset on boss wipes, but Im not sure if thats raid only or dungeons too. They may not have implemented that for Stampede though due to them wanting to mess around with the CD/duration.
    Odd. I could have sworn it didn't in the randoms I did, but eh, beta will be beta. Ill have to try and force some wipes tomorrow when I get up from my slumber =p.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Yar, I know.... was just trying to crack a funny... you know, if it was just one crow, it's not a group of crows anymore, therefore... maybe just attempted... but yeah, it's cool

From GC:

At the moment, Dire Beast is on the same tier as Fervor and Thrill of the Hunt. Thrill of the Hunt has been redesigned to make Arcane or Multi-Shots free. Readiness is no longer a talent and we might try it as a core ability in some form. There is a new talent called Blink Strike with Murder of Crows and Lynx Rush. Blink Strike lets your pet teleport behind a target and cause damage on a 20 sec cooldown, somewhat like the old Warp Stalker ability. We are trying to preserve the idea of Murder of Crows in a format that is more performance friendly (as I said before, creating units is surprisingly tough on the client). Try not to make assumptions about the numbers of any of these until you get a chance to try them.
    A little worried about the parts bolded above. First it sounds like they are considering removing readiness entirely which would suck... Second, if it does come back I'm betting it will be more like preparation for rogues and only affect certain cooldowns, the question is which cooldowns will be affected?