Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    And exactly how much damage do you do, with both specs? If you're in ungemmed / enchanted PvP gear like I was, and are doing 45K dps as BM and 38-39K as surv, it just means you're not playing Surv to its full potential. If you're managing to do 50K as BM, I'd like to hear how (unless stampede is truly worth that much if used together with BM than it is with surv/mm). Mind, my pet was doing about 33% of my damage as BM.
    When I tested Stampede, it did significantly more damage as BM than as SV/MM, but that was in its 10 minute form. Blink Strike could also be more beneficial than MoC as BM, resulting in higher pet damage %? Also, last I played, i had a lot of trouble with my pet keeping its spec when changing specs. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Is that still happening? I wonder if that might have happened to you? *shrugs* 33% seems very low compared to the other reports 50%ish. I'd be interested in seeing screenshots from Dch48 with his stats and whatnot from his BM experience. I heard on todays stream of Heroic whatever on MMO-C that BM is very powerful right now. WTB level 90 premades. :\
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-07-24 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    When I tested Stampede, it did significantly more damage as BM than as SV/MM, but that was in its 10 minute form. Blink Strike could also be more beneficial than MoC as BM, resulting in higher pet damage %? Also, last I played, i had a lot of trouble with my pet keeping its spec when changing specs. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Is that still happening? I wonder if that might have happened to you? *shrugs* 33% seems very low compared to the other reports 50%ish. I'd be interested in seeing screenshots from Dch48 with his stats and whatnot from his BM experience. I heard on todays stream of Heroic whatever on MMO-C that BM is very powerful right now. WTB level 90 premades. :\
    I do still lose my pets spec at random (entering dungeons/changing specs/sometimes logging out)

And exactly how much damage do you do, with both specs? If you're in ungemmed / enchanted PvP gear like I was, and are doing 45K dps as BM and 38-39K as surv, it just means you're not playing Surv to its full potential. If you're managing to do 50K as BM, I'd like to hear how (unless stampede is truly worth that much if used together with BM than it is with surv/mm). Mind, my pet was doing about 33% of my damage as BM.
    I am at lvl 90 with the top PvP gear fully gemmed but no enchants or reforging. On the level 85 target dummy I did 57k as BM but the highest I could get with SV was 49k. This is with Blink Strike, Dire Beast, and Glaive Toss talented in both specs. The pet did about 43% in BM and 25% in SV. I did 46% in BM with the remaining 11% coming from Stampede and Dire Beast. I haven't tried the boss dummy because I'm not expertise and hit capped for it. I haven't done any instances or raids because I don't want to see them before they go live.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I am at lvl 90 with the top PvP gear fully gemmed but no enchants or reforging. On the level 85 target dummy I did 57k as BM but the highest I could get with SV was 49k. This is with Blink Strike, Dire Beast, and Glaive Toss talented in both specs. The pet did about 43% in BM and 25% in SV. I did 46% in BM with the remaining 11% coming from Stampede and Dire Beast. I haven't tried the boss dummy because I'm not expertise and hit capped for it. I haven't done any instances or raids because I don't want to see them before they go live.
    The 85 Dummy has way less armor than the boss dummy. Going from 85 dummy to boss dummy as SV you wouldn't lose much dps because a high percentage of your skills is elemental damage. BM loses a pretty big chunk of its damage to the armor reduction of the boss dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown soldier View Post
    The 85 Dummy has way less armor than the boss dummy. Going from 85 dummy to boss dummy as SV you wouldn't lose much dps because a high percentage of your skills is elemental damage. BM loses a pretty big chunk of its damage to the armor reduction of the boss dummy.
    ^^ This. You need to test it on the boss dummy, or it really isn't relevant at all.

^^ This. You need to test it on the boss dummy, or it really isn't relevant at all.
    It isn't really relevant either way. It's anecodotal evidence from a source I/we don't know without buffs. How the spec scales with buffs is important and just disregarding that and then coming here and saying BM is better by 8k dps makes no sense.

Let alone this source stated, "I actually liked the Dragon Soul raid. It was new and groundbreaking in it's scope. It's actually the first time since Nefarian in Vanilla that I have downed the end boss of an Xpac before the next one came out and I'm talking about regular mode, not heroic. The sad thing is that we have yet to get Rag in Firelands though. We haven't even seen the meteor phase yet. There is only one guild on my server that has cleared DS in Heroic."

Sorry but if he hasn't killed the boss that was tuned for 359 gear, in 396 gear I'm not really going to take anything that involves him playing well to have any value.

Deleted
    Considering the expertise change, is there any indication that Tier 13 gear (maybe more) gear is going to be adjusted to reflect the need for it when MOP hits? Didn't find any changes on mop.wowhead so... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Considering the expertise change, is there any indication that Tier 13 gear (maybe more) gear is going to be adjusted to reflect the need for it when MOP hits? Didn't find any changes on mop.wowhead so... :/
    I would assume that they will keep the gear the same since they're not changing any stats except for us to use expertise now. I'm willing the bet they'll put some quest rewards that give expertise mail gear pretty early on in the leveling process.

I was able to reforge into the expertise and hit cap on my main (ilvl 392) pretty easily. My second Hunter is at i382 and I couldn't get him expertise capped, but it was close. Won't matter though, as when you're leveling most mobs are at the 5% level, not the 7.5% level. It'll only really be an issue with raiding toons for the 2ish weeks between patch and 9/25.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Don't know if this is the right place, but I have a question about the pets. Are they in MoP still affected by the 2 highly annoying bugs? Talking about the instagib after dismounting and the bug that pets don't stay in place when fighting a mob, but keeping shifting backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Don't know if this is the right place, but I have a question about the pets. Are they in MoP still affected by the 2 highly annoying bugs? Talking about the instagib after dismounting and the bug that pets don't stay in place when fighting a mob, but keeping shifting backwards.
    they seem to have fixed the whole pets not being gibbed (inheriting the base stats from hunter untill you update your own stats) the other thing I've not really noticed tbh..

though a sad thing is that all pets seem to be a lot more squishy (at least for me, atm at lvl 89) they don't seem to get the heal that ferocious pets used to be able to be talented for, so any random AoE slowly kills it, if you are not careful enough to mend it every once in a while.. oh and roar of sac is cunning only, meaning no intervene + roar :'<

Quote Originally Posted by unknown soldier View Post
    Okay I tried it on the Boss dummy and still did considerably better as BM. The numbers were on the order of 43K to 38K. They were skewed I feel though because of my more than 3% miss rate on that dummy. It seemed like SV missed a lot more and when Black Arrow missed, that took away L&L which has to be a huge loss. There were misses in both specs of course but I think they hurt more in SV. I tried to reforge for hit but the game crashes every time I drag something into the reforge slot.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    they seem to have fixed the whole pets not being gibbed (inheriting the base stats from hunter untill you update your own stats) the other thing I've not really noticed tbh..

though a sad thing is that all pets seem to be a lot more squishy (at least for me, atm at lvl 89) they don't seem to get the heal that ferocious pets used to be able to be talented for, so any random AoE slowly kills it, if you are not careful enough to mend it every once in a while.. oh and roar of sac is cunning only, meaning no intervene + roar :'<
    Yes, you do have to use mend pet a lot more because the Bloodthirsty talent was removed from Ferocity. Make sure Heart Of The Phoenix is available in the pet bar and I have also talented Exhilaration which instantly heals the pet 100% and the Hunter 30%. The mending Glyph is also almost mandatory.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I'm very eager to see some level 90 hunter PvP(arena or BGs), but I cannot for the life of me find any videos. I'd love Zumio or Braindeadly to get one out, but bleh. I'm jealous of all of these other class level 90 PvP videos!

I'm very eager to see some level 90 hunter PvP(arena or BGs), but I cannot for the life of me find any videos. I'd love Zumio or Braindeadly to get one out, but bleh. I'm jealous of all of these other class level 90 PvP videos!
    Brain just uploaded one where you can get a picture of the dmg and such.

PS. Warlocks are QTs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNOH...ture=g-all-lik
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Brain just uploaded one where you can get a picture of the dmg and such.

PS. Warlocks are QTs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNOH...ture=g-all-lik
    I just saw that too. xD Yay! I did notice that in a lot of the other class PvP videos(especially Cartoonz[mage]), they feared BM hunters and lol'd at MM. That makes me happy.

Have they fixed misdirect onto pets? It used to work well but now it doesn't seem to transfer all the agro.

I just saw that too. xD Yay! I did notice that in a lot of the other class PvP videos(especially Cartoonz[mage]), they feared BM hunters and lol'd at MM. That makes me happy.
    f'ck, I don't wanna have to faceroll again, like at the start of Cata :/

I don't understand why everyone wants to play BM in pvp, and why Blizz is giving so much love for that spec. I really think MM or Surv is much more fitted for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neidrah View Post
    f'ck, I don't wanna have to faceroll again, like at the start of Cata :/

I don't understand why everyone wants to play BM in pvp, and why Blizz is giving so much love for that spec. I really think MM or Surv is much more fitted for pvp.
    cuz uv teh kute widdo fwuffy kittehs!

BM has always had the potential to be a very well rounded spec but has been plagued by bugs for expansions. I for one am super psyched to see everything unfold. Can't wait for mists!

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    BM has always had the potential to be a very well rounded spec but has been plagued by bugs for expansions. I for one am super psyched to see everything unfold. Can't wait for mists!
    Im going to miss playing the underdog spec if it turns out too good.