Looking forward to seeing where they go next with the show. I would definitely like to see more of Aangs life. I just hope they don't go too far with new technologies. They did more than enough technological advancements so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Do you guys think that there will be another season? I know they said that there would...but the finale just seemed so final.
    They got signed up for another season(14 episodes) before the first even aired.The script and some of the VA is done for S2, they just need to get it animated.Though we still probably won't get to see it 'til next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I reported him I urge you to do the same. This topic has been beaten to death 2 (3?) times already in this thread.
    lol reported for what? And sorry for not reading through the 2100 posts to see if someone else said it already...?

Anyway... as a hardcore anime fan I am bothered by cartoons being called anime, (I personally don't think dubbed anime should even be called anime anymore because English voice actors ruin the aura/mood the characters have to them in the original Japanese versions). I will give you that Avatar is about the closest thing to anime there is without technically being anime, but I was just trying to point out that it isn't technically an anime. If you think I'm trolling I'm sorry you took it that way, but I wasn't.

Please try to stay in line with the tone and theme of the thread. If you wish to create a new topic to discuss your issues then do so. Let's keep this thread for fans of the show.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-06-24 at 02:57 AM.

It's just annoying. Someone comes in here every 10 pages to talk about Avatar not being anime and it just doesn't really matter at all.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

"It will be just like the good old days" *amon sheds a single tear* I was sad for Noh'atok man. He was so twisted by his father, he created an alter ego named amon to lure the avatar to him. In his own words to yakone "Leave him alone. You always say that bloodbending is the most powerful form of bending. But it's not, the avatar took your bending away what is more powerful than that?" He must've spent a his entire life perfecting the ability to "take away bending" which was the power he coveted the most. It is ironic though the way he died, when you really think about it he was killed by a non-bender. His death was also due to the consequences of the previous avatar taking away his fathers bending. So in a way, he was also killed by the avatar.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2012-06-24 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Spelling

As I warned the previous poster, lets keep the discussion here for fans of the show. If there is an outstanding issue you wish to have discussed then please create a new thread and lets keep this one pure and true for fans of the show.

No negativity fuzzzie!

Quote Originally Posted by zBobz View Post
    lol reported for what? And sorry for not reading through the 2100 posts to see if someone else said it already...?

Anyway... as a hardcore anime fan I am bothered by cartoons being called anime, (I personally don't think dubbed anime should even be called anime anymore because English voice actors ruin the aura/mood the characters have to them in the original Japanese versions). I will give you that Avatar is about the closest thing to anime there is without technically being anime, but I was just trying to point out that it isn't technically an anime. If you think I'm trolling I'm sorry you took it that way, but I wasn't.
    You don't need to read 2100 posts or any were CLOSE to it to realize how this thread has been spammed with the same garbage. I'm a hardcore anime fan as well, and I can safely say that you're making the rest of us anime otaku look extremely bad right now. It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else believes this series should be labeled as. . .

OT: Really love how this new season isn't another adventure around the world (even though I enjoyed it first season), and the focus is on Republic City which was pretty much created as a result of the first season. Also loved how some of the episodes ended with me wanting to see what happens in the next, they did a good job with those subtle cliff hangers.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Again, please drop the issue. I'll monitor this thread and if the negativity and trolling continues I'll deal with it. There is no need to respond.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by zBobz View Post
    I will give you that Avatar is about the closest thing to anime there is without technically being anime, but I was just trying to point out that it isn't technically an anime.

Please try to stay in line with the tone and theme of the thread. If you wish to create a new topic to discuss your issues then do so. Let's keep this thread for fans of the show.
    Anime is a Gairaigo, a borrowed word, which is borrowed from the English language. Anime's English counterpart is Animation. Legend of Korra is a cartoon, or an animated show therefore it is an "anime." Just because it is created by an American team, that does not make it another genre or subgenre. Code Lyoko is anime by a French Team. Anime isn't a single style or aesthetic. It is a genre composed of all animation, whether they be cartoons, hand drawn, or done in 3D.

Did anyone feel bad for the Lieutenant?Guy could never catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Really surprised they went there for a Nick cartoon
    Well, they got away with putting a terrorist attack in the show, I'm pretty sure they can do anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh wow. Awesome finale. Tarlokk's whole part in that nearly had me crying.

Especially the end ;_;
    From asshole to the unsung hero of Republic City.Never forget. ;_;7
    Last edited by Helryx; 2012-06-24 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Well, they got away with putting a terrorist attack in the show
    It didn't really hurt anybody though whereas suicide pretty much did happen.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    <snip>
    Even though the show has only been 10 (1&2, 11&12 were specials @_@) actual showings long, there was quite a bit conflict between characters. One of my first impressions is that it was fast paced. And I'll be damned there was quite a bit of action and excitement. TLA seemed slower I guess, perhaps because of fillers.

I really hope to see more of the world outside of Republic City with the next book. Hell, I'd like to see the adventures of Aang after the defeat of the Phoenix King.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    From asshole to the unsung hero of Republic City.Never forget. ;_;
    I think the new Team Avatar already forgot about him. Did they ever go to check on him after the battle with Amon? If they did I may have missed it. I don't even think they mention him after the scene where they explode.

I actually shed a manly tear watching this today, Though I feel like the ending was rushed, I actually wanted a little more filler :/

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I actually shed a manly tear watching this today, Though I feel like the ending was rushed, I actually wanted a little more filler :/
    Manly tears? No I think we were just sweating from our eyes is all T_T
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyCrown View Post
    Manly tears? No I think we were just sweating from our eyes is all T_T
    Ya that must be what happened, just really hot in there is all

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Actually I think Aang's touch wasn't energybending, but forcing her into the Avatar State, which we know breaks bloodbending, and Korra was just bloodbending the others.
    There is no rational explanation for it not being energy bending, or him using blood bending against her (which there is no evidence to support he knows it, and then furthermore Korra). She went into Avatar State to use energy bending to restore bending. I am assuming the blood bending version severs access in some way, but isn't energy bending. There are clearly different... strings that can be cut, as Korra could still air bend, which is interesting. I would expect, potentially, energy bending to be able to restore and take away all bending (if one other than the Avatar was able to bend multiple elements). So it ends up causing us to ask - If he intended to remove all of her bending (which is a total of 3 at that time), then why could she air bend? I was under the impression he simply severed her connection to all bending (being collective), same for all others that underwent this process.

As for the spiritual/physical aspect of energy bending and the blood bending similar technique, I have no idea how to begin to describe it, but I don't think we have to, and probably should accept it. Or at least that is what I am doing right now. But I would guess energy bending is more than just spiritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Air Bending > ??
    I've thought about this before and I think Sound Bending would make sense. If it's practical or not, who knows. But sound requires air to travel through, so... You could bend/make/destroy sound with air bending, I'd imagine.

IMO Bending is never taken away by bloodbending. I think it's a temporary thing where the blood vessels in the brain are manipulated to sort of block bending. It's not taken away per se but rather the body thinks it can't do it (even though I still can).

Only the avatar can take away bending.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-06-24 at 03:55 AM.

was it just me or did Amon's voice as a kid sound alot like Aang?

Answers

[spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    1) Am I the only one who thought that the twist was going to be that Amon wasn't really going to be Yakone's brother? Amon obviously has a very different skin-colour than the kid, we clearly see him fire-bend (look how he is pushing aside the flaming wall) when following Korra and there is absolutely no explanation for how the hell Amon was taking away bending. I'd accept blood-bending as an explanation, except that Korra clearly needs to use energy-bending to return it. We might get an explanation for this next season, but I still feel that one of the characters should have noticed it.
    For another season, what possible enemy could Korra face that's greater than a blood-bending water-bender with public support? Another 'avatar'.

2) How the hell did Mako and Korra both break free of blood-bending? Yakone was easily able to control an entire courtroom with his eyeballs, yet Amon can't control two people.
    Mako didn't break free, he caught him by surprise. Korra is the avatar, and although her control of her water-bending was taken away, she was still a water-bender. Technically, any bender capable of blood-bending should be able to resist another's blood-bending to some degree, by blood-bending their own body in resistance instead of struggling to force their way free of it. Korra just unlocked her air-bending by experiencing defenselessness, and learning how to 'fight back' without fighting back would be the key to resisting blood-bending.

3) Naga is suddenly able to throw around mecha-tanks and break through iron bars.
    I don't have any experience with polar bear dogs to really understand their capabilities, especially when they're under stress.

4) How did Korra get in contact with her spiritual side? We never see anything in the episodes to indicate that she has become spiritual. It honestly felt like a deus ex machina.
    Korra couldn't get in touch with her spiritual side before because she didn't understand defenselessness and couldn't open herself up to it, just as she couldn't open herself up to air-bending enough to learn it before.

5) How did Amon catch Tenzin and the kids? We spend a portion of the previous episode on them getting away, we saw the zeppelin break off pursuit... and suddenly they are captured.
    They would be the best leverage in dealing with Korra, so Amon sent someone after them, or they weren't comfortable with how they were abandoning their home and cause, so they turned around.

6) Given Tarrlok's backstory, why was he trying to take over the city through the oppression of non-benders?
    The oppression of the non-benders was only to get a reaction out of Korra, in that episode you can see he is more interested in Korra & her reactions than any of the people he was oppressing.

7) How exactly did the equalists keep all their production secret? They had to produce and store at least a dozen airships, a dozen fighter-bombers, several dozen mecha-tanks and several large underground complexes. We know that Hiroshi Sato was thoroughly investigated, so he couldn't have been the one funding it, and they probably didn't mine the metal themselves, considering they weren't going to use earth-benders.
    Their airstrips are seen surrounded by mountains. If it wasn't on route to some other city, there would be no reason for anyone to travel there, and a couple lookouts posted on the mountain would be able to see and redirect or detain anyone that did happen to come that way. This would be the same for all their other equipment.

Today even with all of our technology and investigative skills people are able to hide money, it's more than plausible that Hiroshi & Amon could find a way.

They didn't need to mine all the metal themselves, they only needed to mine enough metal to make 1 metal-mining machine.

8) That love triangle was entirely pointless.
    Bolin-love square. May seem pointless now. Have you seen the look in Asami's eyes? She still has an important role to play in this story.

9) With a season 2 on the way, it would be idiotic for the writers to answer all of our questions and not leave us with things to think about. Based on the quality of the prequel, this is not their first rodeo and the show wouldn't be as successful if they didn't have a good plan for where they were going with the story.