Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    OK so Korra facebook said after the 14 episode season two they are getting a full 26 episode season 3 confirmed!

Soexcite
    This makes me really happy

Well this bites. Due to the fallout between Viacom and DirectTV, I won't be able to watch any new seasons on tv until an agreement can be made between the two companies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    This makes me really happy
    Same. I was upset when I heard that it would only have 2 seasons

Now this news has made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Zuko has been my favourite for a long time but Sokka has been growing on me for a long time. They're actually probably joint favourite now
    Totally off topic but I love your signature. Where did you get that? It's like adorable and awesome all at once.

Great news! Not only will there be a Book 2 of Korra, but Nickelodeon just announced they've put in an order for 26 more episodes after that!
    My day couldnt end up better XD

Image Credit: Nickelodeon

It’s official: The Legend continues! Nickelodeon has picked up a second season of the animated adventure series The Legend of Korra, EW has learned. After averaging 3.8 million viewers for Season 1, Book 1, which concluded June 23, the Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel is receiving a second-season order of 26 episodes that presumably will be divided into two parts called Books 3 and 4, bringing the total number of episodes to 52.

The series is already set to return in 2013 with the premiere of Season 1, Book 2 (which consists of 14 previously ordered episodes), as 17-year-old chosen one Korra (voiced by Janet Varney) has now become a fully realized Avatar. The cast also includes Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), David Faustino (Married… with Children), and P.J. Byrne (Horrible Bosses).
    Last edited by Endonyx; 2012-07-12 at 09:48 AM.
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 32 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G|Asus Xonar Phoebus|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Friend Code - 4785-6590-2958

Someone really should remove the [Anime] from the headline before it causes more trouble. Some misguided individuals have started talking about this cartoon in the actual Anime thread.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Someone really should remove the [Anime] from the headline before it causes more trouble. Some misguided individuals have started talking about this cartoon in the actual Anime thread.
    Hey! We haven't seen a annoying person like you for a while in this Thread, good to know we can report another post for spam.
    Goodnight !

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 01:57 PM ----------

That is great news! I wonder or season 2 and 3 WILL actually be linked then, one can only assume that?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Mod: The "Avatar is/isn't an anime." argument has been done to death. Please, don't bring it into this thread as it brings nothing constructive.

nooo...i thought i was over my addiction when i saw aang and katara kiss then they released legend of korra with bolin and pabu and now more? will i ever be free?

can't stop watching this clip

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-07-12 at 02:09 PM.

I'm suspicious about the direct tv fallout, they say on the guide that viacom is responsible for all of the channels going away but I'm pretty sure that not only does viacom not have any power over the customer's subscription prices but they don't own both nick and comedy central... (might be wrong on that last part)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    I'm suspicious about the direct tv fallout, they say on the guide that viacom is responsible for all of the channels going away but I'm pretty sure that not only does viacom not have any power over the customer's subscription prices but they don't own both nick and comedy central... (might be wrong on that last part)
    Actually they do own them. Viacom is a bigger media company than most people are aware of. They also own radio stations along with CBS among those cable/satellite channels.

Long and short of it, they're just being greedy corporate bastards that are trying to squeeze more money out of DirecTV and in effect, us, the customers. It sucks, but not much we can do. What sucks is that with the announcement of a third season of Legend of Korra, I guess I may have to stick to watching it On-line if an agreement can't be reached. I hope Viacom falls on it's own sword, in that with the loss of viewers on DirecTV, it will lead advertisers to soon be paying less money to them.

so apparently i have to watch season 2 online now. every nick related channel has been removed from my cable provider.
    Yea hopefully that will get worked out asap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...wned_by_Viacom

Viacom owns tons of things...

Basically, viacom wanted to increase what it charges for distribution, and to account for that increase direct tv would have needed to increase what they charge customers (to keep their profits from taking a dip). The real truth probably is that they both want to increase their profits but the amount direct tv would have had to charge to make up for viacom's increase would put direct tv out of the price range their market sourcing tells them they can charge without losing to many customers.

Quote Originally Posted by rodroy323 View Post
    Actually they do own them. Viacom is a bigger media company than most people are aware of. They also own radio stations along with CBS among those cable/satellite channels.

Long and short of it, they're just being greedy corporate bastards that are trying to squeeze more money out of DirecTV and in effect, us, the customers. It sucks, but not much we can do. What sucks is that with the announcement of a third season of Legend of Korra, I guess I may have to stick to watching it On-line if an agreement can't be reached. I hope Viacom falls on it's own sword, in that with the loss of viewers on DirecTV, it will lead advertisers to soon be paying less money to them.
    i knew they owned nick because the guy that made the avatar abridged series kept running into problems with viacom, but i wasn't sure about the rest. also i had heard that the negotiations were going the other way around and direct tv was just asking for more money than the people who own the channels were willing to give out (i think that more than just viacom got the boot) but in either case someone is going to be losing alot of money due to this horrible deal, most likely both of them will. due to this deal i have no reason to watch tv anymore.... except for the odd episode of family guy that comes out.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    wow, i see that now. i'm kinda glad that mtv got the boot though, never was anything good on there and the popular stuff (at least what people around me watch it for) is cringe worthy.
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Dreadlord
    Well I'm watching them online anyway but a bit differently, if you know what I mean, i'll stick to that.
    Any dates yet for Season 2? Or just 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Well I'm watching them online anyway but a bit differently, if you know what I mean, i'll stick to that.
    Any dates yet for Season 2? Or just 2013?
    my brother is doing the same thing, but he is just taking forever to get started. also i don't think there are any solid dates yet, i believe the animation just started for season 2 and i think that takes a long time so either late this year or early next year would be my guess.

also, apparently the movie is getting a sequel but m night is not writing it, just directing (i think he did both the first time) so it might be better... maybe, hopefully?

edit: im looking it up now and it seems that it is very far off but there was a poster for it at comicon apparently
    Last edited by ranku; 2012-07-12 at 05:15 PM.

Dreadlord
    I will not watch ANY movies, they will never equal the actual anime, btw I am in book 3 now.
    I came by this, I dont know how to link a video but the video link is here, I could not stop laughing for a good 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZtnpVtxfo

in the movie why does she pronounce his name as ONG? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    in the movie why does she pronounce his name as ONG? 0o
    The director apparently thought the names weren't asian enough.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    ear-oh made me cringe every single time.

なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    M. Night needs to officially barred from directing another movie in his lifetime. The man can single-handedly destroy a franchise.