1. #2921
    So many bronies :O

  2. #2922
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    So many bronies :O
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

  3. #2923
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    That's because it is.
    *Sunglasses*
    Deal with it.
    ~ "Every day could be the last one. See the world before it's gone." ~

  4. #2924
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Just wanted to mention this if it hasn't already been mentioned:

    http://www.tv.com/features/best-of-2...nimated-series

    Not bad in #2 spot for a relatively small season huh? Impressive stuff!

    (#1 is exactly where it should be, don't even bother arguing :P)
    The #1 spot makes me so fucking mad. I'm disgusted actually.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  5. #2925
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    That's because it is.
    *Sunglasses*
    Deal with it.
    Heresy!


    Though, looking at the range that the poll had, 2012 hasn't had much in the way of cartoons. Good animated shows are hard to come by these days. It's kinda obvious that LoK and MLP would be at the top. Hell, the latter has a much larger fanbase than any of the other shows combined.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

  6. #2926
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The #1 spot makes me so fucking mad. I'm disgusted actually.
    :Know that feel bro:
    ~ "Every day could be the last one. See the world before it's gone." ~

  7. #2927
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The #1 spot makes me so fucking mad. I'm disgusted actually.
    The only reason a poll should make you "fucking mad and disgusted" is because you have a niggling doubt at the back of your head - a doubt whispers to you that perhaps My Little Pony truly IS mind-blowingly awesome enough to wipe the floor clean with pretty much every show in every category.

    Or perhaps you need reassurance from polls to be satisfied that you truly DO enjoy X or Y cartoon. It's a bit like people going batshit angry at a game reviewer for giving a negative review to a game they thoroughly enjoyed, just to satisfy their egos :P

    Whatever the case, my point is that if you truly like a show then a poll shouldn't upset you, others liking what you don't like shouldn't unsettle you.

    For example even if My Little Pony came at rock bottom of whatever poll, I wouldn't care because it wouldn't change the sheer amount of fun & joy I personally have had watching the show. Even if Legend of Korra was in #1 or #10 place, it wouldn't change my opinion of the show. Even if Family Guy came #1 (and I HATE Family Guy) it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, because both MLP and LoK are cartoons I have enjoyed regardless of how many votes they got. Well, LoK right up till the last episode but I have beaten that dead horse enough now -_-

    So back to topic, Book 2 for LoK is apparently called "Spirits". Yeah this has probably been mentioned already and I'm like a slow turtle, but holy crap - Spirits? But then it makes sense, because the books tend to be named after what the Avatar is trying to learn about...Air made sense in the first one, and now she's going to learn about Spirits. I hope more is revealed about spirits like Koh :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-06 at 02:09 AM.

  8. #2928
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Stuff
    Or he could be like me, who thinks that the whole "My Little Pony" thing is overrated and seemingly like a pandemic. It spreads very fast, and addiction or "fanboyism"(Made up word, don't hate) accelerates quickly after even a few episodes. People go to "conventions" i.e. so called "Bronymeet" to meet with others who like the franchise, they also buy dolls and whatnot and they even make their Avatar's/Comments/Posts/Signatures brony-themed. They also spout their "love" for the show around on the internet, where as others would not even want to know about it at all, yet continue to talk over and over about it.

    I mean for gods sake, the show is clearly made for children. And don't give me the "but there's pop culture refrences in it" arguement, they were even in Spongebob and many other cartoons. When I bought a MLP doll for my 5 year old niece, know what it said? (Princess Celestia of course) "Are you a princess too?" and: "You have just as pretty hair as me!" Please do elaborate how that does not indicate it's childish and for young girls.

    To be honest, I have friends that are "Bronies" and their behavior makes me worry abit, spending money on posters, T-shirts and dolls of... ponies?
    The very thought of people doing this makes me lose abit of hope for humanity, when grown men like shows about cute little ponies.
    No offense but... the very thought of people being this obsessed disgusts me.

    Anyway, that's the last I'll say about the subject, since this thread is about LoK and not about MLP.

    OT: I don't want to see Koh again to be honest, he freaking creeps me out on more levels than most horror series/movies do. *shiver*
    I don't want someone to steal my face D:
    ~ "Every day could be the last one. See the world before it's gone." ~

  9. #2929
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,858
    There's a reason MLP had it's first thread started: a lot of people are against the series and it was made as a sort of "safe haven" for fans to discuss without being bombarded by others. It was also made to stop the pony spam across the forums (when it was the new big hype). We don't need this sort of discussion here. Phillipisawarlock is unlikely to go to the pony threads which is where a post about how amazing MLP is should be. I think it's probably better to just give up. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours is liking the show, his is hating it. It's not your job to evangelise people to it.

    Please contain MLP discussions to the MLP thread.

    :I don't think MLP is a bad show however, I'm not a rabid fanboy and I do think LoK was superior to it.:

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    So back to topic, Book 2 for LoK is apparently called "Spirits". Yeah this has probably been mentioned already and I'm like a slow turtle, but holy crap - Spirits? But then it makes sense, because the books tend to be named after what the Avatar is trying to learn about...Air made sense in the first one, and now she's going to learn about Spirits. I hope more is revealed about spirits like Koh :P
    I'm really looking forward to seeing some spirits, it gives them a lot of freedom on characters since a spirit can really be ... anything. Do we know if the new villain is mortal or if it's a spirit? I'm honestly not sure which I'd prefer..

    Would being a spirit kind of make the villain unkillable? Avatar can't bend in their world :S

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  10. #2930
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing some spirits, it gives them a lot of freedom on characters since a spirit can really be ... anything. Do we know if the new villain is mortal or if it's a spirit? I'm honestly not sure which I'd prefer..

    Would being a spirit kind of make the villain unkillable? Avatar can't bend in their world :S
    If what was established in AtLA was true, spirits can't really be "villains" since they seem to be neutral, not interested in taking sides. Well no, it's still possible to piss them off...Koh did what he did to make Avatar Kuruk stop acting like a twat, and the Moon spirit killed Zhao because he tried to kill it.

    Actually forget about Koh, perhaps the most mysterious spirit is the Avatar spirit itself - it's supposedly a single spirit which keeps "hopping" from one mortal soul to another cycling through the nations - and apparently it does this because it's the only spirit that wants to learn more about the mortal world, to feel the emotions that mortals felt, to live their lives, etc etc...that's one curious spirit :P
    But what does the Avatar spirit look like in it's purest form? When and why did it start doing what it did? I'm curious :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-06 at 02:54 AM.

  11. #2931
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Stuff:

    To be fair, not every fan is an obsessed lunatic who has a room covered in posters and dolls. I personally don't see the appeal the actual toys have, they look almost as God awful as the previous generations they had when I was a kid. Also, what's so different from a MlP fan having a poster of their favorite pony on their wall compared to a Star Wars fan who has a poster of Darth Vader on their wall? Should the Star Wars fan be looked at as weird because they have a handicapped robot-man who wears nothing but black on their wall? The same could be said for any fandom.

    As for the LoK discussion... We'll probably see alot of Aang/Korra training going on. Since an issue they brought up early in the first few episodes was how Korra was laking in the "spiritual" aspects of bending. They will probably go into greater detail about how the Avatar is the bridge between worlds, and go deeper into what spirits are as well. Though, I'm mainly crossing my fingers that they can iron out their writing a bit more, just so there aren't any glaring issues this time around. Heh-heh.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

  12. #2932
    No more MLP talk please.

    OT: I'm seeing a major issue... How are they going to make this Avatar series last with 5 Books even with 12-16 episodes in each? She already is going to be the all powerful Avatar after Spirits unless they pull something out and can make the story have a conflict powerful enough to hinder Korra. I just see it being a bit iffy.

    If I could go back, I'd want them to make a series about Sokka having adventure's post Fire Nation war period. That could work out so well it might just be something that I would suggest if they weren't so focused on Korra. It could be like Sokka, <insert someone we know from A:TLA, and some new people in the crew. There has to be a purpose for it though, and they can't have Aang around them every episode, like they would be traveling by foot. It would show us Sokka becoming more of a leader like his father etc.

    Just an idea though.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  13. #2933
    Anyone have any information about when the next season is supposed to start? I am feeling antsy

  14. #2934
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    If I could go back, I'd want them to make a series about Sokka having adventure's post Fire Nation war period. That could work out so well it might just be something that I would suggest if they weren't so focused on Korra. It could be like Sokka, <insert someone we know from A:TLA, and some new people in the crew. There has to be a purpose for it though, and they can't have Aang around them every episode, like they would be traveling by foot. It would show us Sokka becoming more of a leader like his father etc.

    Just an idea though.
    I'd rather have Iroh's adventures when he was younger. I do like Sokka, but he's not the character I'd like a series dedicated to

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  15. #2935
    Epic! Endonyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Anyone have any information about when the next season is supposed to start? I am feeling antsy
    There is no official information yet only information that we got atm is that the next season should start april/may and maybe even june if we are unlucky just expect season 2 too start around the same time season 1 started.
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G x2|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT|Astro A40|Logitech Z-5500|Custom Watercooling System|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Friend Code - 4785-6590-2958, Friend Safari "Ghost" - Pumpkaboo, Lampent, ???

  16. #2936

  17. #2937
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    !! April/May/June is sooo far away
    Just think, the more time they work on it, the better it will be... in theory...


    As for how they will go with the series as a whole, I doubt they'll go with the DBZ formula with conflict. As of right now, Korra still isn't all that powerful. I'd say she's close to where Aang was mid-way through book two. She's not a super bender at all of the elements, still has to train with air, and I don't think we can consider her a "master" of the Avatar state just yet.

    Who knows, maybe they won't make the later books separate from each other, with a major baddie at the end while minor conflicts are resolved throughout it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

  18. #2938
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    !! April/May/June is sooo far away
    WTB April 29th release date - best birthday present eu.

  19. #2939
    So I was watching A:TLA earlier with the gf and might I say it's quite interesting to watch it with someone who's only halfway through Book 2 knowing what's going to happen... I had to keep my mouth shut nonetheless. It was the first inside Ba Sing Se episode which to me is quite an interesting episode overall. Long Feng was always interesting and just seemed to go away after the issues in Ba Sing Se, always wondered what happened to him afterwards.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  20. #2940
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    So I was watching A:TLA earlier with the gf and might I say it's quite interesting to watch it with someone who's only halfway through Book 2 knowing what's going to happen... I had to keep my mouth shut nonetheless. It was the first inside Ba Sing Se episode which to me is quite an interesting episode overall. Long Feng was always interesting and just seemed to go away after the issues in Ba Sing Se, always wondered what happened to him afterwards.
    Probably went to wherever Azula went and together they're having a big ol' villain hoe-down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •