10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah, it's very likely Ozai smoothed out the wrinkles from when he crumpled it, folded it up nicely, and walked over calmly to the secret room and placed it gently in the chest in the middle of his fire bending training.

/sarcasm if you didn't get it lol

Idk, I think it's the real letter, though.
    i would think that he would just throw it at the old lady who gave it to him and she would file it in the secret room like all the other ones she sent
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Are you guys talking about a comic or an animated series? I can't stand comics for the life of me which is why I'm not quite up to date on what happened between seasons 2 and 3.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 08:55 AM ----------

How does it defeat the Iroh/Zuko thing?
    For me its because Iroh was the more sane brother and thus uncle to Zuko. That connection just seems far too important. Otherwise Iroh's just taking care of some random kid for no real reason except that he's a nice guy.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 08:57 AM ----------

I was gonna say the exact same thing as Endonyx. I'm sure so and so doesn't know.
    Iroh knows everything about everything. I doubt such a major development would slip under his nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Are you guys talking about a comic or an animated series? I can't stand comics for the life of me which is why I'm not quite up to date on what happened between seasons 2 and 3.
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Search
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I think it's possible that the letter is either misleadingly worded, or was an alteration/replacement forgery by some unknown party. (Holy hell, but I hope so. Among other things, it fucks up Zuko's character arc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    soo i found this earlier

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    i really expected Asami to be a bitch, im surprised that she became one of my favourite characters by the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    soo i found this earlier
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/ff33610edaf426b75c782c6668674bb3/tumblr_mkeancualb1r8mhvzo1_500.png[IMG]
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/c720bdc0aaebe2384277e59d24af7f6d/tumblr_mkeancualb1r8mhvzo2_250.png[IMG]
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/d2f3a7463b6fdf9fa5e9d48db95b166a/tumblr_mkeancualb1r8mhvzo3_250.png/IMG]
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/a842ac3373110542b2c830f03671f3d1/tumblr_mkeancualb1r8mhvzo4_250.png/IMG]
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/f34862e978bcf8fe846e18b974f4a82f/tumblr_mkeancualb1r8mhvzo5_250.png[IMG]
    [IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/10bf3315b3ec6ba30635f5739202ab7d/tumblr_mkeancualb1r8mhvzo6_250.png[IMG]
    That's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    i really expected Asami to be a bitch, im surprised that she became one of my favourite characters by the end.
    I was expecting her to go ape shit on everyone and betray everyone because Mako didn't like her anymore. I was pretty surprised that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's hilarious.

I was expecting her to go ape shit on everyone and betray everyone because Mako didn't like her anymore. I was pretty surprised that didn't happen.
    Eh, there's still time. Season two could make her into Super-Evil-BossMode-Character! I'm actually all for that at this point. Make those two feel sorry for their romantic entanglment that makes no sense, tearing out the emotions of an unstable woman who has lost both parents (one of whom tried to kill her) for no raisen!
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    At this moment I guess anything could work since all villains so far have been defeated, or atleast the ones that have been shown to us, unless Amon didn't really die but lol, I hope he did. If he didn't, just don't bring him back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it at this point, i think they purposely included a non bender in both groups, probably to allow the viewers to relate more or something. No idea who the next villain will be, probably Koh or some other spirit i reckon, since Korra will need to learn more about the spirits next season. It wouldnt surprise me if one of Aang and Kataras children turned to the darkside either.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    At this moment I guess anything could work since all villains so far have been defeated, or atleast the ones that have been shown to us, unless Amon didn't really die but lol, I hope he did. If he didn't, just don't bring him back.
    Well, people coming back to life for no reason isn't unheard of, especially in anime (which the series tries to emulate). And when you look at the world of Avatar, the dead can actually be influential, so anything is possible.

Really though, after seeing Azula at the end of season 3, I want to see more unstable/unhinged characters who just lose it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I doubt it at this point, i think they purposely included a non bender in both groups, probably to allow the viewers to relate more or something. No idea who the next villain will be, probably Koh or some other spirit i reckon, since Korra will need to learn more about the spirits next season. It wouldnt surprise me if one of Aang and Kataras children turned to the darkside either.
    Yeah, I forgot the next book is Spirits. I'm going to assume she's going to spend a lot of time in the Spirit world. She'll probably be caged in there and will get help from several avatars and we'll probably see more of Aang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Well, people coming back to life for no reason isn't unheard of, especially in anime (which the series tries to emulate). And when you look at the world of Avatar, the dead can actually be influential, so anything is possible.
    Meh. I don't think that would happen. I don't know to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Really though, after seeing Azula at the end of season 3, I want to see more unstable/unhinged characters who just lose it.
    Another character like that would be cool.

The season better start out with Katara finally telling Zuko's mother's story
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

^That's kind of what the comics are telling right now. Read The Search, it's amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ozai probably had no problem with Ursa killing Azulon, but it's very likely that Ursa did it herself. "It doesn't sound like something she'd do" means nothing if it meant she could save Zuko. It also seems like the blame is 100% pinned on her since before she left Zuko she said "I did all this for you." She did it.

I'm curious, I really don't get it. How does it defeat the Iroh/Zuko thing?
    Don't forget the flashback in that episode where Zuko and Ursa were sitting down next to the pond with the turtleducks and Ursa talked about mothers biting back if they felt that their children were threatened. It was quite subtle foreshadowing and pretty much sealed the deal for me with that theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Don't forget the flashback in that episode where Zuko and Ursa were sitting down next to the pond with the turtleducks and Ursa talked about mothers biting back if they felt that their children were threatened. It was quite subtle foreshadowing and pretty much sealed the deal for me with that theory.
    You really think that kind of thing would have slipped past Iroh? I highly doubt it, he would know just by being around him.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    there was no flash back of ursa banging That dude
    It's a darn children's cartoon/comic, what did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    It's a darn children's cartoon/comic, what did you expect?
    We expect R rated content, that's what.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    You really think that kind of thing would have slipped past Iroh? I highly doubt it, he would know just by being around him.
    Well, it's either Ursa or Ozai, and even Iroh did not suspect Ozai of murdering their own father.

Also, what does Iroh have to do with this? He was still in the Earth Kingdom fighting a war (although he was grieving the loss of his son at that point and was planning on going home), so unless someone already present in the Fire Nation found clues about Azulon's hinted murder in the show and reported it to Iroh, Ozai and Ursa would have had the time to get rid of any evidence before he arrived back home.

Unless of course, you were talking about Zuko himself telling Iroh of that conversation as well as the night Ursa left, but I hardly think Zuko would remember that brief line his mother said at the pond and then come to the conclusion that she killed Azulon, and we so far have never heard of Zuko talking to Iroh about this at any point, which would be quite a big deal and at least worth mentioning in the show or the comics.

Still, one thing I think Iroh would have been suspicious about was Ursa's disappearance/banishment. Have wondered why no one in the Fire Nation raised an eyebrow at the Fire Lady being no longer present in the royal court at the same moment as their previous leader Fire Lord Azulon died. It's not even clear if Ozai actually announced anything to the public about Ursa's banishment, but I guess he had to do something to not make it too suspicious.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-02 at 10:25 PM.

Honestly, there's no way for Iroh to know Zuko isn't his blood relative right now. To say that he does know is just pure speculation because you think Iroh is an intuitive character, which is true, but as mentioned by Frozen, Iroh is currently in war when Ozai sees so and so letter and is preoccupied with other stuff. There is no reason to think Ozai would tell Iroh.

But. I do think the author of this comic is just gonna make Iroh know somehow through some unexplained bullshit.

About Ursa's banishment being public. Ya I think her banishment was public, otherwise it'd be weird for the Fire Nation people to think she just left. I do not think the public knew she killed Azulon (or else they would be like "well this whole "Ozai is next Firelord" thing must be bogus"). The publicly declared reason for her banishment is questionable.