Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    How is it still Season 1 though? The Book ended, it had a finale and resolution, albeit a kinda lame one. Not to mention the long gap between Books, as there is between seasons.

And that doesn't matter either. Development isn't about what happens after a season, it's what happens after events in the character's life. Korra faced Amon, and other trials through Book 1. As of now, she's shown no retention to any of it. All that's carried over is the fact that she can airbend and go into the Avatar State.

Even still, Aang had good character building and development throughout the first Book himself.
    There's a really good explanation of the seasons a page or so back, but the gist is Nickelodeon ordered 12 episodes (book 1) originally and then ordered 14 more episodes (book 2) for a 26 episode season 1. Book 3 & 4 will be season 2. For Nickelodeon's tv purposes, a season is 26 episodes long, but the creators want to stick to 13 episode story arcs; hence, multiple book arcs per season.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMittonz View Post
    Is it just me or does Raava in the Beginnings episodes remind you of the Naarru
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that I was like "Oh hey another all powerful wind chime."

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I think you're onto something.

But on another topic, whats up with all the spirits just leaving the mortal world to go live in the spirit world just like that? You'd think they would have some problems leaving their homes.
    In my opinion, they left because it got them away from the humans who were trying to hunt them down. It would keep spirits and humans separate.

Am I wrong or was Vatu (spelling?) voiced by Xuen's / Tyrael's voice actor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    How is it still Season 1 though? The Book ended, it had a finale and resolution, albeit a kinda lame one. Not to mention the long gap between Books, as there is between seasons.

And that doesn't matter either. Development isn't about what happens after a season, it's what happens after events in the character's life. Korra faced Amon, and other trials through Book 1. As of now, she's shown no retention to any of it. All that's carried over is the fact that she can airbend and go into the Avatar State.

Even still, Aang had good character building and development throughout the first Book himself.
    Aang was pretty much the same throughout most of Book 1.

You're talking to him right now.
    Hey everyone

This is not Anime, it's an American Animated show.

Only a complete MORON would think it's an ANIME.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-20 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post

Don't bpther....I went through that with them last year led to like 10-20 pages....Just not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It might sound cliché, but this is especially the kind of thing I would see acting as a trigger for Korra acting more mature, and less like -- what she is, a teenage girl. Even seems they kept her personality so obnoxious just to have this be the event to turn her all around. That's what it seems like to me. Anyone else agree?
    I agree with that statement, its more than likely the epiphany moment for her in the season, its just with a character like hers so far it almost feels like it would make very little of a dent in her personality.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Interesting thought: Could there have been more than 4 lion turtles (one for each element)? If so, would their gifts have been limited to just one of the four elements or could there have been potentially more unknown bending arts (energy bending for example)?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    Interesting thought: Could there have been more than 4 lion turtles (one for each element)? If so, would their gifts have been limited to just one of the four elements or could there have been potentially more unknown bending arts (energy bending for example)?
    I think they mentioned there were a lot more than 4, but I guess they were stuck with the 4 elements. Plus that energy bending one I guess.

Is it just me or did the Air benders of Wan's time seemed much more powerful than Aang's time? Wan's Air benders were able to actually create clouds and rid on them, to actually fly in the air.
    At best Aang's time can use a glider to fly through the air, unless for Aang while he is in the Avatar State, he can just fly.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well, the spirit Lemur(?) thing said there were dozens, so it's plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

He is indeed voiced by Jonathan Adams, who is credited with voices in both Diablo III and World of Warcraft.
    don't forget he also voiced kang the conquerer in the avengers: earth's mightiest heroes, he is a pretty in demand voice actor due to the deep voice action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Is it just me or did the Air benders of Wan's time seemed much more powerful than Aang's time? Wan's Air benders were able to actually create clouds and rid on them, to actually fly in the air.
    At best Aang's time can use a glider to fly through the air, unless for Aang while he is in the Avatar State, he can just fly.
    Well the turtles certainly give a lot of power. The firebending one too, Wan was able to produce a big amount of fire right away with no training whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Don't bpther....I went through that with them last year led to like 10-20 pages....Just not worth it.
    I don't want to rehash that nightmare but not everyone doing Impressionism was french, ya know? :P
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post

Infracted
    Think we all agree with you, but [Anime] is a lot cleaner than [Western Animation Influenced By Anime]

This was a fun episode. Great story, great Miyazaki homages, great voice acting.

But I couldn't help be amused by the presence of actors like Jim Cummings and Jonathan Adams in a story about a great abstract spirit of light fighting a dark, abstract spirit of negative emotions. I couldn't help but see a naaru and a sha, and it only kept getting worse. Vaatu firing his weapon going all black and Old God-purple, his speech about how hating him and fighting him only made him stronger? I mean, Avatar and Mists of Pandaria share sources, but there were a lot of things lining up outside that, like the voice actors, that made it amusing. ;P
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-10-20 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted

Just found this while rewatching book 2, looks a lot like the ending of the last Korra episode.

These last two episodes really give a lot of insight, they even give the ATLA episodes an extra dimension now we know so much more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's just an animation difference between TLA and the Wan flashbacks. Those clouds just symbolize air, but what those benders did is no different than Aang bending air out of his hands to propel himself pretty far.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    But she was supposed to have grown from her ordeal with Amon! All the character development she supposedly went through in Air, including her "lowest point" was a complete waste as she has seemingly learned absolutely NOTHING from it...
    I have no idea how people still believe this should be the case at all. Nothing indicated that she was becoming more whole as a person when in the last episode of book 1 she was considering freaking suicide. Yes, that sure is a great sign of character maturity.

I think Korra has grown some since the last book, but she is far from mature.

She still doesn't know how to handle avatar-level situations mostly because shes never been allowed to make any of her own decisions, so how is she supposed to know how to make them for others?

She grew last book, but she is still growing.

It would be stupid if going into this book she was just all "I'm a wise all knowing avatar now" all because she managed to beat Amon.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I think Korra has grown some since the last book, but she is far from mature.

She still doesn't know how to handle avatar-level situations mostly because shes never been allowed to make any of her own decisions, so how is she supposed to know how to make them for others?

She grew last book, but she is still growing.

It would be stupid if going into this book she was just all "I'm a wise all knowing avatar now" all because she managed to beat Amon.
    I really don't see any improvement. She's changed, sure. But only in the way that she seems even more like a self-entitled hardass and kicks and screams more when she doesn't get her way.

She was much like this in Book 1, which was done well enough. She did doubted herself at times and acted brashly when called out on it. LIke when she broke down sobbing when Amon beat her the first time, which only led up to more failures.

For a character who acts like she's the strongest person ever, you'd think getting her ass kicked up and down Book 1 would have taught her a little humility. But nah, that's something that Aang would have, so Korra has to stay far away from that...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.