i really like legend of korra. i like all the characters, the romance stuff was a little flip floppy but theyve said they arent doing anymore romance stuff in book 3 and 4 so it should be great.

i wish it could get better ratings so we can have more of it.

i dont know what it is but its like kids these days just wont watch a show without comedy in it. teenage mutant ninja turtles has plenty of action and a little romance and some pretty deep character development and storylines for a kids show but all they have to do is play up that comedy in the adverts and it makes great ratings.

maybe they should play up that fart bending stuff in the adverts or bring cabbage man back instead of all this "man bein da avatar so hard frowny face so much decisionz "
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really like legend of korra. i like all the characters, the romance stuff was a little flip floppy but theyve said they arent doing anymore romance stuff in book 3 and 4 so it should be great.

i wish it could get better ratings so we can have more of it.

i dont know what it is but its like kids these days just wont watch a show without comedy in it. teenage mutant ninja turtles has plenty of action and a little romance and some pretty deep character development and storylines for a kids show but all they have to do is play up that comedy in the adverts and it makes great ratings.

maybe they should play up that fart bending stuff in the adverts or bring cabbage man back instead of all this "man bein da avatar so hard frowny face so much decisionz "
    well I know I as an adult am sick and tired of all this dark and gritty crap...One reason I love the Stargate series so much they know how to have a good mix...Ok Universe aside.

Irony is as a kid I wanted more dark stuff...Nowadays I am sick of it..Welll the pure dark and gritty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    well I know I as an adult am sick and tired of all this dark and gritty crap...One reason I love the Stargate series so much they know how to have a good mix...Ok Universe aside.

Irony is as a kid I wanted more dark stuff...Nowadays I am sick of it..Welll the pure dark and gritty.
    Agreed, life is pretty dark and gritty enough and i want some lighthearted shows that are entertaining but also have some what of a dark undertone like A:TLAB.

i like the comedy in korra, the problem is that they hardly ever show that in the adverts.

i mean look at the trailer for book 3 its all "YOU HAS TEH LIVES WITH YOUR DECISIOMS KORRA! YOU LEFT THE SPIRITS OPEN *frowny face avatar* THEM PRISONERS IS DANGEROUS!"

meanwhile look at tmnt. "BOOYAKASHA WERE GONNA SAVE SPLINTERS DAUGHTER WOOP WOOP"

both dealing with similar subjects, both handling the advertisement in entirely different ways. obviously comedy works.

on a brighter side.

PLATINUM GAMES THE PEOPLE BEHIND GAMES LIKE METAL GEAR RISING AND BAYONETTA AND WONDERFUL 100 ARE MAKING A LEGEND OF KORRA VIDY GAIMEZ @_@
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest problem Korra, is the character of Korra. They did such a great job of making her so unlikable and such a spoiled little brat who believes everything should be given to her. The way she treats other characters etc. This would be ok with some character growth. But we really only get repeats and character regression.

i like korra.

btw the game is coming to pc ps4 xbox1 ps3 360. (no wiiu ) it will be a third person action game and theres also going to be a separate turn based strategy game coming out for the 3ds

10+ Year Old Account
    i like korra.
    What about her do you like? Myself and my partner and actually everyone I know who watches Korra does not like the character.

And now Platinum is making a LoK game.

Shut up and take my money!

10+ Year Old Account
    i like korra.

btw the game is coming to pc ps4 xbox1 ps3 360. (no wiiu ) it will be a third person action game and theres also going to be a separate turn based strategy game coming out for the 3ds
    Im not sure if the game will be any good. Remember the A:TLAB game? I saw it in a gamecrazy store once, but i never saw any gameplay of it, and it looked awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    What about her do you like? Myself and my partner and actually everyone I know who watches Korra does not like the character.
    shes a teenager with attitude and kicks butt.

i dont love her, i dont like her as much as the original series characters. but shes not a bad character.

shes a teenager with the worlds problems shoved on her shoulder who has to be taught by her old man son and hang out with her grandchildren while trying to make her current life make sense. most of her reactions to stuff are understandable.

most of korras flaws comes from the forced romance sub plots which arent going to show up for the rest of the show

10+ Year Old Account
    shes a teenager with attitude and kicks butt.

i dont love her, i dont like her as much as the original series characters. but shes not a bad character.

shes a teenager with the worlds problems shoved on her shoulder who has to be taught by her old man son and hang out with her grandchildren while trying to make her current life make sense. most of her reactions to stuff are understandable.

most of korras flaws comes from the forced romance sub plots which arent going to show up for the rest of the show
    I hated that love triangle shit, it nearly ruined both seasons. But my major problem is her character regression. Lets hope they dont make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    Im not sure if the game will be any good. Remember the A:TLAB game? I saw it in a gamecrazy store once, but i never saw any gameplay of it, and it looked awful.
    its being made by the people who gave us this

i trusts thems

10+ Year Old Account

i trusts thems
    Ill give that, but im worried about if nickalodeon has an overarching say in the game development and fucks it up.

[IMG]MGR[/IMG]

i trusts thems

Indeed. When I first saw "Korra game announced", I was like.. "Yay, another shallow, shitty, repetitive fighting game based off an anime/cartoon with animeish parts to it. Join the list of just about every Bleach and DBZ game ever."

Then I saw "Platinum Games", and I was like "yessah. Take all my money."

"The Legend of Korra game: 2 action packed levels followed by 6 of "pro-bending". Level 7 she loses her powers. Level 8 gets them back.

if you're wondering what the sequel will be like. It's the same thing but replace "pro-bending" with "movie set antics/overly long break up"" - jesse cox

Who's Bryke? Anyway Brian and Michael had original planned for Korra to be a mini series of 12 - 14 episodes. They have been quoted as saying so. However Nick decided they wanted to order a further 12-14 episodes and then ordered even more. They were forced to come up with new story and hire extra writers to meet the demand. They didn't have the majority of this story thought out before they began as it was never their intention to do so. I am trying to find the link that has them talking about what their original plan was and then what Nick decided to do.
    "Bryke" or "Brychael" is a collective fan nickname for Konietzko and DiMartino. And I don't know where you got the idea that it was about Nickelodeon "ordering more episodes" as opposed to okaying them to continue: They've gone on record more than once saying that they made the initial miniseries with some degree of confidence that they'd get continuation and every intention of going through with it (although they wrote an alternate ending for Book 1 in case they didn't), and that they "had story ideas beyond Book 2" before they were given the go-ahead for 3 and 4. (None of which changes the fact that they've also apparently admitting to half-assing the Book 2 finale.)

i like korra.
    I'm fonder of her now than I was during Book 1; and I've never been able to bring myself to dislike her, much as she's exasperated me at times. She was essentially set up from a very early age to end up with an unsupportable complex of entitlement and insecurity, and it shows...but, nonetheless, it seems like she means well even when she bumbles. And she's done some growing up.

Mako, by contrast? Someone ought to smack him into next year.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2014-06-26 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katara View Post
    "Bryke" or "Brychael" is a collective fan nickname for Konietzko and DiMartino. And I don't know where you got the idea that it was about Nickelodeon "ordering more episodes" as opposed to okaying them to continue: They've gone on record more than once saying that they made the initial miniseries with some degree of confidence that they'd get continuation and every intention of going through with it (although they wrote an alternate ending for Book 1 in case they didn't), and that they "had story ideas beyond Book 2" before they were given the go-ahead for 3 and 4. (None of which changes the fact that they've also apparently admitting to half-assing the Book 2 finale.)
    This is from Bryan's blog

Initially, Nickelodeon picked up Korra as a 12-episode miniseries. Their idea was to do 12-episode arcs that were more standalone than the original Avatar series. Mike and I were cool with this idea, as we had originally wanted the seasons to be 12 episodes long instead of 20, and creatively we liked the idea of doing tighter story arcs.

The original plan was that if Nickelodeon wanted more episodes, they would order them 12 episodes at a time. But while we were in production on Book 1, Nickelodeon decided to change their season lengths from 20 episodes (like Avatar had) to the more standardized international length of 26 episodes. They liked how Book 1 was coming out and decided to round out the order to fit their new 26-episode mold, and we got a 14-episode pick-up, which became Book 2.

Then, the network wanted even more Korra, so they picked up another order of 26 episodes. Mike and I wanted to stick with the shorter “books,” so creatively we are splitting the second order of 26 into Books 3 & 4, 13 episodes each.

What makes this even more confusing is that the network considers each block of 26 episodes a “season,” which is another reason we try to stick to calling these Korra arcs “books.” So for the network’s purposes, Books 1 & 2 are Season 1, and Books 3 & 4 are Season 2.
    Nickelodeon came to us at the end of 2009 with a twelve episode “mini-season” already green-lit for a new series. They let us do pretty much whatever we wanted with it, as long as it was in the Avatar universe and featured bending. The network didn’t know how many of these mini-seasons they would want to pick up
    The original plan was to have mini series set in the Avatar world, self contained story arcs. Then Nick changed their minds and ordered more. Straight from his mouth.

There is another link I can't seem to find that talks about having to rush to come up with the idea of how the season's story progressed. Any way what I sort of take away from what I have read is that original plan was create a new Avatar show but its going to be short and self contained, so they did. Then Nick was like we really like this whole Korra thing make more. This lead them to creating more story's that they may have been otherwise unprepared for. I could be completely wrong of course, but at least this would explain why they have been kinda terrible.
    Last edited by Kaitenx; 2014-06-26 at 09:46 AM.

This is from Bryan's blog

The original plan was to have mini series set in the Avatar world, self contained story arcs. Then Nick changed their minds and ordered more. Straight from his mouth.

There is another link I can't seem to find that talks about having to rush to come up with the idea of how the season's story progressed. Any way what I sort of take away from what I have read is that original plan was create a new Avatar show but its going to be short and self contained, so they did. Then Nick was like we really like this whole Korra thing make more. This lead them to creating more story's that they may have been otherwise unprepared for. I could be completely wrong of course, but at least this would explain why they have been kinda terrible.
    I've read that post.

What it says is that Nickelodeon originally ordered a 12-episode miniseries with the possibility of continuation, and that they wanted to do "tighter arcs" (which is kind of ridiculous in light of the sloppy prioritization of Book 1, but whatever). It also explains why Book 1 and Book 2 are collectively considered one season despite the time gap.

Nothing whatsoever to support the idea that they continued it by the seat of their pants only due to demand from Nick, as opposed to being green-lighted to continue a story they'd left open-ended. (They also touch on this in the Book 1 commentary—they even wrote an alternate ending for Book 1 in case the story had wrapped up there.)

And the reason they half-assed Book 2's ending was on the premise that it didn't have to make sense if it was dynamic and symbolic, or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Katara View Post
    Mako, by contrast? Someone ought to smack him into next year.
    Does anyone actually like Mako? I mean, his most likable trait is that he's boring. Other than that, he's as mood-swingy as Korra (who has tons more reason to be mood-swingy), seems to not think about how his actions would affect other people, is downright blind to things going on around him until it's painfully obvious and can't seem to make up his mind on anything.

He's basically Sokka without the humor and interesting character arc.

Korra isn't unlikable, just immensely frustrating. The other characters (except, maybe Lin at her absolute worst last season) are incredibly likable. One reviewer put it very well. When you are looking forward to the side character's scenes more than the main plot, the show is doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Does anyone actually like Mako? I mean, his most likable trait is that he's boring. Other than that, he's as mood-swingy as Korra (who has tons more reason to be mood-swingy), seems to not think about how his actions would affect other people, is downright blind to things going on around him until it's painfully obvious and can't seem to make up his mind on anything.

He's basically Sokka without the humor and interesting character arc.

Korra isn't unlikable, just immensely frustrating. The other characters (except, maybe Lin at her absolute worst last season) are incredibly likable. One reviewer put it very well. When you are looking forward to the side character's scenes more than the main plot, the show is doing something wrong.
    Hate to be a gigantic captain obvious but Zuko was very mood-swingy as well. Now I know since A:TLA is like the Originial Trilogy for Star Wars whereas Korra is like the Prequels but I'm going to point out the obvious.

I love A:TLA (it's also a finished show) than Korra but you cannot hate Mako just because of mood swings, Zuko in A:TLA was the biggest offender of mood swings and he's also my favorite character. Before you tell me he's likable you should know that people were clenching there hands when he made that shitty decision at the end of Book 2, you think he came all that way to make the right decision but he still didn't, you can't hold stuff against writers like that and send them figurative death threats.
    Hey everyone