10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Yes it is. Ignore it.

Anyway here is a pic:
    That would have had me sold.
    Hey everyone

Yo sometimes i could use a flyin Bison as a best friend!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Uh, yeah, like 2-3 pages ago, once you get passed all the neilsen rating posts and stuff about the lowest viewing numbers for the show.

You saw the discussion but not my warning about trying to turn this thread into a anime vs cartoon discussion?

Deleted
    I liked that those 3 got free, should be a thrilling season imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Agreed although I'm kinda confused how come random ass people got airbending through the harmonic convergence. Did the convergence like, release random bending powers? And if so, why only air bending and not all other bending types?

Questions, questions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    It will definitely be interesting. What I don't understand is why the White Lotus didn't just fly Korra in to take their bending so that they didn't have to go to such extravagant measures to keep them locked up and so that something like this couldn't happen. I know Korra hasn't taken any ones bending yet but she can already restore bending, how much of a leap could taking bending be, especially since Raava could help her.

Speaking of Raava, why hasn't she popped up yet? She would probably have valuable insight into what to do about the vines.
    Last edited by Ispamx; 2014-07-04 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    It will definitely be interesting. What I don't understand is why the White Lotus didn't just fly Korra in to take their bending so that they didn't have to go to such extravagant measures to keep them locked up and so that something like this couldn't happen. I know Korra hasn't taken any ones bending yet but she can already restore bending, how much of a leap could taking bending be, especially since Raava could help her.

Speaking of Raava, why hasn't she popped up yet? She would probably have valuable insight into what to do about the vines.
    My guess is the time frame from when she learned to spirit bend and now is probably not very long and she had so much other stuff to deal with the white lotus didn't even consider it. Although it would've been a good plan.

As for Raava didn't she loose her connection to her?

Deleted
    She lost her connection to her past lives, but not Raava. They fused back in the end of Book 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    She lost her connection to her past lives, but not Raava. They fused back in the end of Book 2.
    True that. But i wonder if she is gona get a new power.
    Something like portal bending:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

WOW ^_^ I am so excited

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Agreed although I'm kinda confused how come random ass people got airbending through the harmonic convergence. Did the convergence like, release random bending powers? And if so, why only air bending and not all other bending types?

Questions, questions...
    im pretty sure it gave other bending too.

but "hey my brother can earthbend now" isnt quite as newsworthy in the bending world as "HOLY SHIT THAT DUDES AN AIRBENDER"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Questions, questions...
    Maybe it gave specifically air bending because they are the only ones who are truly out of balance. So harmonic convergence tried to bring harmony and balance by giving airbending.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    This prisoners are much older then Korra so its save too say that they where locked up in Aang's time as an avatar so the question should be why Aang didnt take their bending away but i think that question can be answered in many ways.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I don't understand why/how the Dai Li are still active. Didn't King Boomy or Older Aang and the gang have the foresight to disband them after what they have been through with them during last airbender?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    I don't understand why/how the Dai Li are still active. Didn't King Boomy or Older Aang and the gang have the foresight to disband them after what they have been through with them during last airbender?
    Thats not bumi's or aang's decision to make, bumi is not the king of Ba sing se nor if he the earth king and aang is just the avatar (yes he is important for the world and balance but he doesnt have any authority over any of the kingdoms except mabye the air kingdom) he can give the earth king some advice but in the end its the earth king or queen to make the decision
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    This prisoners are much older then Korra so its save too say that they where locked up in Aang's time as an avatar so the question should be why Aang didnt take their bending away but i think that question can be answered in many ways.
    Sparky Sparky Boom Girl said "No one interesting's visited me in 13 years", so it's at least 13 years. It's possible that it's only 13 years, which would put their imprisonment during Korra's life.

Also, Aang didn't like taking people's bending away if they can be subdued in other ways. The only 2 people we know of that he did that to are Ozai (genocidal maniac bent on rebirthing the world in fire) and Yakone (waterbender capable of controlling anyone's body... even the Avatar if he's not in the Avatar State).

These prisoners are, as far as we know, a mastermind non-bender, an armless master waterbender, a mind-firebender and an earthbender that can make rock molten. Zahir likely couldn't take out (well trained) benders by himself. Deprive the waterbender of water and all's good. Firebenders can't bend in the cold. Wood barge in middle of the ocean. He didn't even chance it with metal!

As far as Aang knew, they weren't getting out by themselves and he saw no outside threat that could free them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    As far as Aang knew, they weren't getting out by themselves and he saw no outside threat that could free them.
    Thats why i said there are many answered to the question that if they got imprisoned in aang's time why he didnt take their bending (if they had any bending skill which it looks like) away and its prob because he did think there where other ways too stop them and was it not for that 1 non bender guy to get a bending skill they wouldnt have come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Thats not bumi's or aang's decision to make, bumi is not the king of Ba sing se nor if he the earth king and aang is just the avatar (yes he is important for the world and balance but he doesnt have any authority over any of the kingdoms except mabye the air kingdom) he can give the earth king some advice but in the end its the earth king or queen to make the decision
    That's right. Sorry I got it confused with the other city. Still though, I don't see how the Dai Li are still around. It looked like the Earth King and Aang had a good relation. The Dai Li pretty much helped overthrew the Earth Kingdom in a coup. So I don't know why they are still around.

Agreed although I'm kinda confused how come random ass people got air bending through the harmonic convergence. Did the convergence like, release random bending powers? And if so, why only air bending and not all other bending types?

Questions, questions...
    Only started watching this show a few weeks ago and caught up a few days ago, my thought on this is that air bending is linked more closely to the spirit world than the other three types of bending for what ever reason and when Korra decided to keep the links open the power of air bending came back through with the spirits on a large scale.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2014-07-06 at 10:04 AM.

i think you guys are simply digging to deep into this when the answer is almost certainly the most simple one.

nobody cares about non airbenders.

sure a dude who cant bend being able to earth bend or fire bend is cool for him or his family but nobody cares.

however theres only 4 people IN THE WHOLE WORLD who could airbend outside of the avatar. getting airbending makes people famous, makes the government look into them and say "what?", freaks the air benders out themselves.

a dude waking up and able to water bend might just think hes a late bloomer.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552