Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's also against the law and everyone who can do it died except for katara
    I have the faint feeling that suffocating someone with air would be illegal too, and perhaps (probably) there are other people who can bloodbend, we just don't know them.

I'd say bloodbending is more dangerous because you can make someone turn against their friends/allies, then kill them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    I'd say bloodbending is more dangerous because you can make someone turn against their friends/allies, then kill them.
    Agreed. It's way more dangerous and manipulative than suffocating someone, albeit, both are extremely dangerous.

well, if air benders have access to the inside of the body, there is a whole lot of very terrible things they could do.

they could create and expand air bubbles in veins and in your heart or any other organ, they could collapse your lungs with a vacuum, all of these are violent and bloody deaths.

blood bending is still more dangerous, it could just rip the water straight out through the pores and that would be very very gnarly. could burst veins and blood vessels, explode the heart, all kinds of stuff.

There's also the fact that suffocating people with airbending is something that an airbender can do at any time while, with a few exceptions that don't seem to be the rule, bloodbending requires a fairly specific set of rules.

I mean, hell... if Ming Hua can't bloodbend with how much these benders are being hyped I seriously doubt there are any left (except Katara) who can.

Theoretically, an airbender can literally remove all the air in a fairly large area and suffocate multiple people simultaneously. How else did they kill any firebenders in the air temple raids?

Friendly reminder that avatarshit is NOT an anime.

Can we drop this please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-08-10 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
    STAHP IT

This "discussion" doesn't need to happen every fucking page. If you have a problem with it being called an anime, good for you! You care about how people on a video game forum label threads about a "children's" TV series.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many episodes does this season have?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness View Post

Get out.

No really, get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw episode 10. Seeing as I can't watch it on the website (heuheuheuheu can't watch this in your country bullshit) I had to get it through another way so it might be it's that, but is it me or was this episode really.. cheaply made? Like, the animations weren't smooth AT ALL, they were really choppy and the overall episode felt really choppy as well.

Besides that, I love how the series is taking a darker turn and I posted the same comment on a YouTube video before which discussed how bloodbending is the most "OP" on which I gave the argument that airbenders could take the air out of a person's body.

Quite frankly I think airbending > waterbending when it's about "god" powers. Being able to take the air out of a person's lungs seems more hardcore than being able to bend the blood in someone's body. Also while we're talking about these powers, earthbenders, or more specifically metalbenders could also potentially "bend" the fine iron that human have in their body, basically creating millions of tiny holes >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Just saw episode 10. Seeing as I can't watch it on the website (heuheuheuheu can't watch this in your country bullshit) I had to get it through another way so it might be it's that, but is it me or was this episode really.. cheaply made? Like, the animations weren't smooth AT ALL, they were really choppy and the overall episode felt really choppy as well.

Besides that, I love how the series is taking a darker turn and I posted the same comment on a YouTube video before which discussed how bloodbending is the most "OP" on which I gave the argument that airbenders could take the air out of a person's body.

Quite frankly I think airbending > waterbending when it's about "god" powers. Being able to take the air out of a person's lungs seems more hardcore than being able to bend the blood in someone's body. Also while we're talking about these powers, earthbenders, or more specifically metalbenders could also potentially "bend" the fine iron that human have in their body, basically creating millions of tiny holes >_<
    I watched the episode online and didn't experience any choppy-ness

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    an addon for firefox that lets you choose your region so you can watch it
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/hola/
    Last edited by BigAssBoy; 2014-08-10 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, if air benders have access to the inside of the body, there is a whole lot of very terrible things they could do.

they could create and expand air bubbles in veins and in your heart or any other organ, they could collapse your lungs with a vacuum, all of these are violent and bloody deaths.

blood bending is still more dangerous, it could just rip the water straight out through the pores and that would be very very gnarly. could burst veins and blood vessels, explode the heart, all kinds of stuff.
    Zaheer could have exploded the Earth Queen. Suffocating her to death was a mercy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    I watched the episode online and didn't experience any choppy-ness
    Watched it on Amazon, no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    How many episodes does this season have?
    12. Last one airs on the 22nd I believe.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Hnnnnnnnnrgggg!!!!!! *Faps profusely*

Does anybody else get PADS (post avatar depression syndrome) when they finish A:TLA?
    I certainly did. Korra cured it though.

As far as Breathbending vs Bloodbending, remember that the creators like to keep the bending power of each of the elements pretty balanced. So I'd say the destructive aspect of either of those two bends is pretty balanced, as far as how fucked you'd be when one of them hits you.

So the real question is: Amon vs. Zaheer. Discuss.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-08-10 at 05:16 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I certainly did. Korra cured it though.

As far as Breathbending vs Bloodbending, remember that the creators like to keep the bending power of each of the elements pretty balanced. So I'd say the destructive aspect of either of those two bends is pretty balanced, as far as how fucked you'd be when one of them hits you.

So the real question is: Amon vs. Zaheer. Discuss.
    It depends on who gets the jump. If Zaheer got the jump Amon would be asphyxiated and die. If Amon got the jump, Zaheer would be controlled by blood bending and destroyed. Also, Amon could remove bending permanently.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about breath bending is that if you're fast enough you can still bend back at the person doing it to you. Just because you have no air doesn't mean you can't quickly bend something out such as fire if well aimed. I believe there is a counter to it whereas blood bending you had to be either stronger than the blood bender themselves or be an avatar.

This just makes fire and earth look like pussy shit to be honest.

Also they shouldn't have another story of an avatar after Korra, technology would have taken over too much by then. If they were to decide doing another avatar story I'd go before Roku.
    Hey everyone

The thing about breath bending is that if you're fast enough you can still bend back at the person doing it to you. Just because you have no air doesn't mean you can't quickly bend something out such as fire if well aimed. I believe there is a counter to it whereas blood bending you had to be either stronger than the blood bender themselves or be an avatar.

Also they shouldn't have another story of an avatar after Korra, technology would have taken over too much by then. If they were to decide doing another avatar story I'd go before Roku.
    I don't think technological advances would hinder a future Avatar story all that much, imo. There'd still be a need for an Avatar. Balance with the spirits would still need to be maintained after all; unless they got Ghostbusters-esque technology of course. Then again, with Korra's connection with her past lives severed, that may put a damper on future stories. There may be no more Avatar after she's gone.

If they were gonna go back, then Kyoshi would definitely be a prime candidate.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-08-10 at 05:59 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I'm surprised Mako and Bolin aren't lava bending together. Since Bolin is clearly meant for more, I wonder if he'll learn to magnetize (iron within people), fluidly control robots, or rust.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2014-08-10 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

In the first drafts of A:TLA, Aang was supposed to wake up 1000 years after his disappearance in a highly tech world. It would more or less have been a sci fi.

If Korra dies at an old age, and considering LoK is set more or less in a 1920-30s world, the next Avatar, an Earthbender, should emerge in a world with a tech level similar to ours. We can imagine a world where bending is a part of technology, or technology has become part of bending. With the Earth theme, it could be a nature vs civilization story, with the spirits involved.

If they set the next story in the past, it would be great to see the creation of the four peoples of this world.

When ever they want to set the next Avatar story, I would like to see an older Avatar, in his/her 40's or 50's. Who says that the Avatar challenges must be happening during the beginning of his/her career?

However, when I see how Nickelodeon is treating this franchise, I doubt we will see another show. Unless they sell it to another channel or the creators manage to buy the rights of the show.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, coworker of mine came across me watching Korra during a break at work and he saw one biplane and freaked out about it. Kinda makes me wonder how other Avatar fans would react to a more modern Avatar world with the next Avatar. The next Avatar could live in a world similar to the 1990s or even the early 2000s.

Assuming of course, that Korra is not the last Avatar.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I dunno, coworker of mine came across me watching Korra during a break at work and he saw one biplane and freaked out about it. Kinda makes me wonder how other Avatar fans would react to a more modern Avatar world with the next Avatar. The next Avatar could live in a world similar to the 1990s or even the early 2000s.

Assuming of course, that Korra is not the last Avatar.
    Can't we just not go back where bending would actually have more of a use, it gets to a certain point where guns come in and start becoming OP etc.
    Hey everyone