10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He was fire bending the bars after the prison break, very slowly so it's not a simple "blast the bars with fire I'm free" thing. If he did that during the time everyone was still imprisoned the guards would of noticed.
    It's possible if he could utilize fire like Zuko did with his fire daggers causing an extreme point of heat he could hold them behind his back melting a hole through the metal wall quick enough. didn't need a lot of fire just a very hot tip like blade to slice through the metal. But it's also possible judging by what he was doing with the bars and his fire that he is not capable of doing that or the plot just didn't want him to.

Except he is not zuko and knows nothing of him besides him being the fire lord. Mako is an amateur fire bender we really won't expect more from him at this point.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except he is not zuko and knows nothing of him besides him being the fire lord. Mako is an amateur fire bender we really won't expect more from him at this point.
    It's not outside the realm of possibility that he could do something like fire daggers considering what he was doing to melt the bars, its just a fire bending technique after all (focusing heat on a point or like a blade). I wouldn't consider him an amateur when he is an extremely well known pro bender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    It's not outside the realm of possibility that he could do something like fire daggers considering what he was doing to melt the bars, its just a fire bending technique after all (focusing heat on a point or like a blade). I wouldn't consider him an amateur when he is an extremely well known pro bender.
    Pro bending is not about creativity or technique, it's pretty basic if you go re watch it. No it's not outside his realm of possibility but again he isn't currently capable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro bending is not about creativity or technique, it's pretty basic if you go re watch it.
    I'll give you that, gee pro bending (and to an extant bending) in LOK has been boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    I'm pretty sure Zuko had a lot more training in techniques and etc than Mako ever has had or ever will have, so it's not surprising he can't do a fire dagger or whatever.

anyone got a link to the game that was mentioned a page or 2 back? I'm very interested in taking a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm pretty sure Zuko had a lot more training in techniques and etc than Mako ever has had or ever will have, so it's not surprising he can't do a fire dagger or whatever.
    I don't think the fire dagger is a very high level move, Zuko could do it at the start of TLA and he was a terrible bender then. Granted everyone else was too, but he didn't start improving until Book 2. I think this entire debate is pointless though, I doubt it would have helped him melt the bar quicker anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    anyone got a link to the game that was mentioned a page or 2 back? I'm very interested in taking a look.
    here you go

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...a_(video_game)

More information. The combat looks fun but I hope it's more than just combat.

And I better be able to use Avatar State!
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2014-08-14 at 02:20 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...a_(video_game)

More information. The combat looks fun but I hope it's more than just combat.

And I better be able to use Avatar State!
    It has it's own story set between books 2 and 3 so book 2.5 so to speak and she lost the avatar state in book 2 so no, no avatar state in the game.

I don't think the fire dagger is a very high level move, Zuko could do it at the start of TLA
    Zuko was trained by the best in the fire kingdom since he was little and continued his training by his uncle who was almost of equal power as Zukos father. Not to mention always competing with azula.

Mako is self taught, it's amazing he can do lightning bending but that's about his extent of his power without proper training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zuko was trained by the best in the fire kingdom since he was little and continued his training by his uncle who was almost of equal power as Zukos father. Not to mention always competing with azula.

Mako is self taught, it's amazing he can do lightning bending but that's about his extent of his power without proper training.
    He may have had good training but Zuko was still a terrible bender then. When we see him in his younger days through flashbacks Azula is way ahead of him and when he tries to demonstrate his abilities he makes a little ball of fire and falls on his ass literally. When Iroh is training him on the ship he is still making Zuko do the basic set because he isn't able to do them properly. As I said before, he was an outright terrible bender at the start of TLA and was able to do the fire daggers without any effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has it's own story set between books 2 and 3 so book 2.5 so to speak and she lost the avatar state in book 2 so no, no avatar state in the game.
    That's depressing, Glowey Eye Mode would be fun.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    He may have had good training but Zuko was still a terrible bender then. When we see him in his younger days through flashbacks Azula is way ahead of him and when he tries to demonstrate his abilities he makes a little ball of fire and falls on his ass literally. When Iroh is training him on the ship he is still making Zuko do the basic set because he isn't able to do them properly. As I said before, he was an outright terrible bender at the start of TLA and was able to do the fire daggers without any effort.
    It doesn't matter if he was a terrible bender "then" he still had more training then Mako ever had/will he even re learned fire bending by the sun warriors and the dragons. Now we are at the end of book 3 LoK and he hasn't had anyone to train him or any chance to grow, he is still self taught and that's the extent of his ability's.

combat lookssss amaaaziinnggggg. googled, but don't see a release date. Anyone know roughly when? I know it said 2014...

Deleted
    It has it's own story set between books 2 and 3 so book 2.5 so to speak and she lost the avatar state in book 2
    She did not lose the Avatar state, just the connection with her past lives.

Because with guards around trying to melt through heat resistant metal bars is a good idea, right? The decisions in this cartoon make sense for once, and not make me wonder if the creators were on acid.
    More like if you think about it he is smart and trying to firebend with a few hundred if not few thousand guards around is NOT smart. The thing with Bolin is him having faith in his bro..And frankly it really may be a confidence thing. Don;t you have to be even sturdier and more confident in mind to metal bend then earthbend?
    The idea that the guards would catch him doing it, or even more absurd that "thousands guards" even being there, is ridiculous. Its made clear from the scene where the two guys are patrolling back and forth, banging their nightsticks on the bars, that they aren't paying that much attention.

Having "faith in his bro" might be fine if they didn't know that Zaheer and co were going after the Earth Queen and Korra. You don't have the luxury then to stick it out and hope dumbass Bolin actually does something for a change.

No, it doesn't make sense. Sorry. Mako could have continued his little torch schtick (Which seemed little more than comedic effect because he can make large continuous streams of fire which would make it far faster), or he could have just, I donno, used his lightning that the writers conveniently forgot that he had to not have gotten captured in the first place.

I really wish fans of the show would stop excusing the piss poor writing because they like it. I do too, but I don't turn my brain off when the show comes on because its convenient to the writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The idea that the guards would catch him doing it, or even more absurd that "thousands guards" even being there, is ridiculous. Its made clear from the scene where the two guys are patrolling back and forth, banging their nightsticks on the bars, that they aren't paying that much attention.

Having "faith in his bro" might be fine if they didn't know that Zaheer and co were going after the Earth Queen and Korra. You don't have the luxury then to stick it out and hope dumbass Bolin actually does something for a change.

No, it doesn't make sense. Sorry. Mako could have continued his little torch schtick (Which seemed little more than comedic effect because he can make large continuous streams of fire which would make it far faster), or he could have just, I donno, used his lightning that the writers conveniently forgot that he had to not have gotten captured in the first place.

I really wish fans of the show would stop excusing the piss poor writing because they like it. I do too, but I don't turn my brain off when the show comes on because its convenient to the writers.
    It's like television characters are perfect characters who always choose to do the right decision.

If you didn't catch my sarcasm it's the fact that you think every characters should be 100% perfect, they're not, get over it.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    She did not lose the Avatar state, just the connection with her past lives.
    Yea... and that's where the avatar state comes from so she lost it. The next avatar will get it back once Korra is dead and he/she can connect to her. However Korra lost it.

Deleted
    No she didn't.
    She used it in the first episode of s3 when she tried to cleanse Republic City.