Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Ooh, here's another nightmare for you: The movie made back twice its budget, so a sequel is possible.
    M.Night Shyamalan = Causing more nightmares then Krueger

Ooh, here's another nightmare for you: The movie made back twice its budget, so a sequel is possible.
    eh, I doubt it. The movie was slammed by critics and fans alike. It certainly won't be as sucessful, because people won't expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    M.Night Shyamalan = Causing more nightmares then Krueger
    Maybe the sequel could feature Hayden Christensen as Long Feng and Kristen Stewart as Toph.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Maybe the sequel could feature Hayden Christensen as Long Feng and Kristen Stewart as Toph.
    Oh nono. Hayden Christensen would be the leader of the sandbenders.

The finale comes out on my birthday AWWW YEEEAH

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Paul Wright

theory on amon's ease with blood bending: he is part mechanical like combustion man was (yes 2 combustion man refrences in one episode) thus he has less areas of his body with blood. My reasoning with this is the fact that sato was teamed up with the equalists and with all their technilogy it seems logical

I hope they dwelve a little deeper into the realities of bending in this series. The reality would be that if you had a whole bunch of people who could manipulate the elements like that, you would also have countless criminals using bending to steal/terrorize/etc. Earthbenders can create and destroy geographical features to the point where one would think "wait, can't a single earthbender simply create havoc on all the roads, easily topple towers or even level a city just for giggles?" Well yes, it would simply take another earthbender to repair the damage but still we see none of that happen. A metalbender would have no issue robbing bank after bank.

I can see how they're tried to level the playing field with the police (almost all metalbenders) in Republic City.

Overall the biggest reason I respect the series so much is due to the STAGGERING number of events and story that occurs in each episode. While I would hate to compare this to typical anime, in the typical anime you will typically see extremely long and pointless conversations and the "boss battles" can take anywhere from 2-5 episodes, not mentioning the 20+ episodes of "mini-boss battles". It just drags on and on.
    Meanwhile in ATLK look at what happens in the very first episode (or 2 episodes joined) - Korra + 10 other characters are introduced, a bit of history explained, she travels to Republic City, joins the Fire Ferrets, does a whole TON of shit and yet it all flows extremely well.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-10 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    The finale comes out on my birthday AWWW YEEEAH
    According to the website I use there's 1 ep next week and then a double-bill the following week. Happy days ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    According to the website I use there's 1 ep next week and then a double-bill the following week. Happy days ahead
    Happy indeed!

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Paul Wright

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    theory on amon's ease with blood bending: he is part mechanical like combustion man was (yes 2 combustion man refrences in one episode) thus he has less areas of his body with blood. My reasoning with this is the fact that sato was teamed up with the equalists and with all their technilogy it seems logical
    I thought about this also. While it would make him relatively resistant to bloodbending, it make him EXTREMELY vulnerable to metalbending, yes? If that were true then bloodbending would be the lesser of two evils since it's far less frequent. So i don't think that's quite the answer ><

Maybe we're thinking too hard about it. Is it possible he's just been trained to fight against a bloodbender beforehand and learned to endure it? It seemed like he was having no problem until he walked in front of the window and slowed his pace a bit.

With that in mind, could it possibly be that Amon had some old ties with Yakone? Maybe while growing up, Amon was forced for some deeper reason to work under Yakone and his underground gang unit. Then possibly Amon did something to Yakone that ended up with Amon's parents being murdered. I don't know, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    That would actually make a lot of sense or that he has something on him... But the mechanical theory might make a lot more sense.

EDIT: I have this fact, not theory but fact. Amon is Dr. Mundo before he went crazy.
    Last edited by Tizzlefix; 2012-06-10 at 01:56 AM.

Holy shit, Im gay for Lin. I haven't seen an awesomely written female character since The Boss in MGS3.

I wish Tarlok kept his bending, since bloodbending is creepy and cool to watch. Oh well, have a tight scheduled to fill. Also, DAT MAKKORA. One episode hes lovey dovey with Asami while getting into bitch fits with Korra, next ep he's trying to be her white knight and carrying her off bridal style.

Time to toss in my vote: Amon is a cyborg. Korra's spirit is too strong to corrupt and have her bending taken away. Mako will take the fall for Bolin and get de-bended.

I think this accurately portrays Amon's badassery.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Time to toss in my vote: Amon is a cyborg. Korra's spirit is too strong to corrupt and have her bending taken away. Mako will take the fall for Bolin and get de-bended.
    Interesting though somehow I doubt they'd break up the fire ferrets.

Poor Bolin, it's a rough embarassing life being the comic relief character but he has all of my love =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post

I think this accurately portrays Amon's badassery.
    Last edited by Azalu; 2012-06-10 at 02:42 AM.

Amon is not amused.

i loved todays episode so much. especially the flashbacks to when Aang was ~40. and to learn (finally) how all that with Tarlokk went down (or his dad, i should say). i was wondering the whole time everyone was having their blood bent, that "how the F do u defend against that? what range can he do it at and for how long and how many ppl at once?" but then Aang went to Avatar mode and...yeah. but i have a theory about Amon...

i think Amon is either Tarlokks dad coming back to get his revenge or is actually Aang. now wait, i have a theory about Aang as well lol

first, its more than likely Amon is Tarlokks dad. but, it doesnt explain how he takes bending away. unless he magically learned it from when Aang took his bending away.

second, it COULD be Aang because Aang knows how to take bending away and we have yet to learn how he died. i admit, it would be a cheap way to do it, but they could write him back to life so many ways its scary.

granted, the first is MUCH more likely to happen than the second, but still...i can see either happening.

I'm gonna go all detective on you guys and say this. Aang has no motive for becoming Amon, and he has an alibi in the fact that he's.... well... dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I'm gonna go all detective on you guys and say this. Aang has no motive for becoming Amon, and he has an alibi in the fact that he's.... well... dead.
    i agree. but you know how writers are. they like to bring ppl back from the dead in the stupidest ways...

no zuko in korra's flashbacks at least we know he is still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Kanturotar View Post
    no zuko in korra's flashbacks at least we know he is still alive
    Well Zuko isn't there, he's kinda leading the Fire Nation.