10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Amon is either a guy possessed by a malevolent spirit, or he's part robotic like the combustion man, some sort of abomination that isn't entirely human >_>

I saw a cool theory on another website. It covers basically all that we've seen Amon do so far.

It speculates that Amon at some point made a deal with Koh--his face and his spirit in exchange for protection and power. He wears the mask to hide the fact that he has no face and Koh's "blessing" allows him to energybend and withstand the abilities of powerful adversaries (like lighting and bloodbending).

Koh was a character that everyone always wanted more of but he only got about 30 seconds of airtime in the original series. He might be involved.

To the people who think Aang is Amon...Are you just now joining the Avatar fandom with TLK? That is the most absurd theory. And not because it's outlandish...because literally nothing about it makes sense. Nothing.

This episode further fueled my theory that if Amon is not Bumi, he's Yakone's son and Tarlokks brother. Yakone used his powers to oppress the people of republic city. Tarlokk could have learned blood bending from his father meanwhile Amon is resentful to his brother because he himself was a non bender...This episode put a damper on my theory that Zuko steps in and kills Yakone when Yakone seriously hurts or kills Toph and Sokka, thus being the firebender that took Amon's father away....but that theory was fanciful anyways.

Another though...and this is an edit...

What if Amon is a water bender? And still Yakone's son...What if he watched Yakone teach Tarlokk the technique of blood bending and learned it himself somehow...OR what if Amon, as a nonbender, was BULLIED by his brother Tarlokk who blood bended him? Years pass and he learns to resist it.

Did anyone else notice that they FINALLY used a soundtrack from the original series?! When Aang went into the Avatar State and took Yakone's bending away...They played peace excerpt/Avatar's Theme!!!
    Last edited by Flatabala; 2012-06-10 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Speaking of which, where is Katara in all of these flashbacks? You would think she would be by Aang's side while they counciled republic city, yet i haven't seen her anywhere. Id like to see her in her 40's (or would it be mid 40's-50's? seeing as she was 'older' than Aang by a bit)
    She could possibly be filling the "mother" role with the kids. Not sure how old they are at that point but it's an explanation of where she could be. I too thought she'd be by Aang's side pretty much everywhere, but when that wasn't happening I just assumed she was home with the kids.

We may find out otherwise, however. Maybe she was up to something else and the flashbacks will reveal that later. Or maybe she'll go meet with her at some point and Korra will talk to her about what she was doing at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatabala View Post
    To the people who think Aang is Amon...Are you just now joining the Avatar fandom with TLK? That is the most absurd theory. And not because it's outlandish...because literally nothing about it makes sense. Nothing.

This episode further fueled my theory that if Amon is not Bumi, he's Yakone's son and Tarlokks brother. Yakone used his powers to oppress the people of republic city. Tarlokk could have learned blood bending from his father meanwhile Amon is resentful to his brother because he himself was a non bender...This episode put a damper on my theory that Zuko steps in and kills Yakone when Yakone seriously hurts or kills Toph and Sokka, thus being the firebender that took Amon's father away....but that theory was fanciful anyways.

Another though...and this is an edit...

What if Amon is a water bender? And still Yakone's son...What if he watched Yakone teach Tarlokk the technique of blood bending and learned it himself somehow...OR what if Amon, as a nonbender, was BULLIED by his brother Tarlokk who blood bended him? Years pass and he learns to resist it.

Did anyone else notice that they FINALLY used a soundtrack from the original series?! When Aang went into the Avatar State and took Yakone's bending away...They played peace excerpt/Avatar's Theme!!!
    To be fair. We dont know what could happen if an Avatars powers were removed. Would the cycle break? Would it jump to the next person? Would nothing happen untill the previous avatar died. We simply dont know.

Although its 100% not Aang...

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    To be fair. We dont know what could happen if an Avatars powers were removed. Would the cycle break? Would it jump to the next person? Would nothing happen untill the previous avatar died. We simply dont know.

Although its 100% not Aang...
    Katara would mention that Aang disappeared or had a falling out with her. She simply states he's dead. And yes the cycle would break. Think about it; if you're killed while in the avatar state, the avatar dies. IE, the cycle is broken. Why wouldn't it be the same if the bending were taken? The avatar is inside aang. It's his spirit. It couldn't jump to the next person unless he died.

Katara would mention that Aang disappeared or had a falling out with her. She simply states he's dead. And yes the cycle would break. Think about it; if you're killed while in the avatar state, the avatar dies. IE, the cycle is broken. Why wouldn't it be the same if the bending were taken? The avatar is inside aang. It's his spirit. It couldn't jump to the next person unless he died.
    Unless Katara thinks Aang is dead. It happens all the time.

We also have no proof thats how it works if powers are removed. IIRC its never happened to an avatar before. You simply cant say for certain.

Unless Katara thinks Aang is dead. It happens all the time.

We also have no proof thats how it works if powers are removed. IIRC its never happened to an avatar before. You simply cant say for certain.
    It hasn't happen...but it's canon that Aang's spirit is the avatar's spirit. Remove his bending and his spirit remains...and even if "you can't argue that his spirit remains because it hasn't happened", how could Aang go on to be Amon if he doesn't have a spirit?

Also, be fair to the writers. There's a reason there was an outcry from the fans about Shymalans abomination. It's writing was a start contrast to the writing of Bryke.
    Last edited by Flatabala; 2012-06-10 at 05:38 AM.

It hasn't happen...but it's canon that Aang's spirit is the avatar's spirit. Remove his bending and his spirit remains...and even if "you can't argue that his spirit remains because it hasn't happened", how could Aang go on to be Amon if he doesn't have a spirit?
    His memories up to that point transfer with the powers. Anything he does after doesnt. You are thinking too much into a theory that made no sense anyway

His memories up to that point transfer with the powers. Anything he does after doesnt. You are thinking too much into a theory that made no sense anyway
    Memories=/=Spirit. How can Amon not have a spirit? In this universe Spirit = life.

I know it's a ridiculous theory lol. You're the one who wrote "to be fair". I'm simply explaining why its completely 100% fair to think that people who think Aang is Amon know pretty much nothing about the show.

Memories=/=Spirit. How can Amon not have a spirit? In this universe Spirit = life.

I know it's a ridiculous theory lol. You're the one who wrote "to be fair". I'm simply explaining why its completely 100% fair to think that people who think Aang is Amon know pretty much nothing about the show.
    Considering how Amon seems to be able to remove powers (Something Aang was able to do, and pretty much nobody else) He moves like an Airbender would. He can resist Bloodbending. Maybe something happened to Aang and he became corrupted. Katara says hes dead because to her she is, hes dead to her. The Aang she knew is gone. Maybe when he was corrupted the cycle continuted.
    Maybe something killed him and took over his body. Its Still technically Aang.
    Literally anything could happen...
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-06-10 at 05:54 AM.

Considering how Amon seems to be able to remove powers (Something Aang was able to do, and pretty much nobody else) He moves like an Airbender would. He can resist Bloodbending. Maybe something happened to Aang and he became corrupted. Katara says hes dead because to her she is, shes dead to him. Maybe when he was corrupted the cycle continuted.

Literally anything could happen...
    That would literally be the most absurd course of events that the creators could possibly implement that wasn't a complete switch to Playhouse Disney in the avatar Universe. Scroll up and read my bit about giving credit to the writers lol

To those of you who wonder why Katara hasn't been present in any of the flashbacks, I wrote a fanfiction for legend of korra and it mentions a reason for this
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8108009/...anda_b_bLily_b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vavivo View Post
    Also it looks like Amon does some stand up comedy in his spare time. There's already a lot of meme pics for it, lol

Dem Jokes!

I bet the reason he wants to rid the world of benders is his lame jokes inferiority complex.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    That would literally be the most absurd course of events that the creators could possibly implement that wasn't a complete switch to Playhouse Disney in the avatar Universe. Scroll up and read my bit about giving credit to the writers lol

To those of you who wonder why Katara hasn't been present in any of the flashbacks, I wrote a fanfiction for legend of korra and it mentions a reason for this
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8108009/...anda_b_bLily_b
    >Doesn't like fans posting a hypothesis
    >Writes bad fanfiction with different hypothesis
    What

Deleted
    I'm going to make one last statement about the people that think Amon = Aang.
    Amon looks about / sounds about 40 years old, Aang would be well over 70-80 now and I do not think you would be able to move like that by then.
    Also, all interviews, characters and wiki's say he died peacefully with KATARA his BLOODY WIFE confirming it, Katara is not the person to keep secrets, let stand from the new avatar.
    It makes no sense, so pleaaaase stop it, I can't take it anymore, its annoying, its not true and makes no sense.
    As for him being Yakone, I said it before, Amon is as pale as you can be, Yakone was almost dark brown in skin color.
    And for the fact that Tarrlok/Amon are brothers, I doubt it as he asked "What are you" and he was very scared and din't talk to him like he knew him, even if, I think he would know about his brother being Amon, but if not.... there is still alot of speculation about it to go... as loong as it DOES NOT involve Aang=Amon!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    I'm going to make one last statement about the people that think Amon = Aang.
    Amon looks about / sounds about 40 years old, Aang would be well over 70-80 now and I do not think you would be able to move like that by then.
    Also, all interviews, characters and wiki's say he died peacefully with KATARA his BLOODY WIFE confirming it, Katara is not the person to keep secrets, let stand from the new avatar.
    It makes no sense, so pleaaaase stop it, I can't take it anymore, its annoying, its not true and makes no sense.
    As for him being Yakone, I said it before, Amon is as pale as you can be, Yakone was almost dark brown in skin color.
    And for the fact that Tarrlok/Amon are brothers, I doubt it as he asked "What are you" and he was very scared and din't talk to him like he knew him, even if, I think he would know about his brother being Amon, but if not.... there is still alot of speculation about it to go... as loong as it DOES NOT involve Aang=Amon!
    Thank you
    To be fair Amon wears a mask at all times. If the two brothers lost contact theres a very high possibility they wouldnt know each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly stand by Amon being a puppet of Koh the Face Stealer, or Koh the Face Stealer in human form, having possessed his body. The thought of Aang becoming so monstrous and twisted is just reprehensible to me, and although the writing team is good at pulling awesome twists and wham episodes, I think that would be going way too far.

The Koh theory fits in my mind because Amon claimed to have gained his powers from 'the spirits', as much as we can take that as truth. He wears a mask, despite having no real need to hide his identity, as far as we're aware. If Koh took his face as part of their pact, that would make a lot of sense. Koh was also a monstrous force that was never really brought up again after the couple of times that Aang interacted with him. If the spirits are slowly losing out to modern technology and the expansion of industry, it is conceivable a spirit so evil would fight back.

It isn't a PERFECT theory, mind you, but we're working with what little evidence we have at this point. Aang being Amon is something I can't fathom, though.

Deleted
    To be fair Amon wears a mask at all times. If the two brothers lost contact theres a very high possibility they wouldnt know each other.
    As I said there could still be alot of speculation on that, I do not deny that

Amon couldn't possibly be Aang because two Avatars cannot exist at the same time. The Avatar is a single spirit, and cannot exist in two bodies at once.....

On a side note, am I the only one that was sad to see Tarrlok get taken out so early? I figured after finding out he was a blood bender, and trying to take over the city from the inside, it was leading to a very good side villain, or rather a villain that was often seen, like Azula was in the original until she became a major part of the story. Long story short, I think more could have been done with him, rather than just instantly getting rid of him.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    I honestly stand by Amon being a puppet of Koh the Face Stealer, or Koh the Face Stealer in human form, having possessed his body. The thought of Aang becoming so monstrous and twisted is just reprehensible to me, and although the writing team is good at pulling awesome twists and wham episodes, I think that would be going way too far.

The Koh theory fits in my mind because Amon claimed to have gained his powers from 'the spirits', as much as we can take that as truth. He wears a mask, despite having no real need to hide his identity, as far as we're aware. If Koh took his face as part of their pact, that would make a lot of sense. Koh was also a monstrous force that was never really brought up again after the couple of times that Aang interacted with him. If the spirits are slowly losing out to modern technology and the expansion of industry, it is conceivable a spirit so evil would fight back.

It isn't a PERFECT theory, mind you, but we're working with what little evidence we have at this point. Aang being Amon is something I can't fathom, though.
    If he claims a face, he takes the eyes/mouth aswell doesn't he?