Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    Honestly, I do hope we get a full explanation for how he and his father were able to bloodbend without a full moon and in such a massive scale. I heard fan theories it had something to do with them being from the Northern Water Tribe, and the fact that a former Northern Water Tribe princess is now, you know, the MOON.

I do definitely agree with you that his story seemed compressed a bit...but I was really hoping to see Korra kick his ass. At this point, Amon appears to be taking care of all the 'bad guys' for her. I mean, the triad leaders, the asshole pro-bending players, Tarlok...you can't really count Lin's cops in that pile, but you know what I mean. Obviously, he's doing this to gain favor by removing clear threats before targeting 'innocent' benders, but yeah.

I get the feeling he'll be coming back sometime before the finale ends, seeing as Amon carted him off. Tarlok's story isn't done.
    What I think will happen is that Korra feels somehow guilty for what happened to Tarrlok and will go after him, will rescue him and in the safety when they are back he will explain how and when.
    But Tarrloks crime will obviously not go unpunished I think.

I do definitely agree with you that his story seemed compressed a bit...
    I think that flashback had a lot of tidbits tho.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 09:42 AM ----------

Honestly, I do hope we get a full explanation for how he and his father were able to bloodbend without a full moon and in such a massive scale. I heard fan theories it had something to do with them being from the Northern Water Tribe, and the fact that a former Northern Water Tribe princess is now, you know, the MOON.
    I'm sure something lame like 6 months of night had the skill devlope over time or some crap, or that broach that was curiously highlighted will be a clan or cult symbol that will lead to people who train/teach it.

Edit: Wouldn't it be crazy if Amon draws his power form mental energy? The more people who are focused on something that are not benders he can draw from and so on..
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-10 at 09:46 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I just noticed Yakones necklace in the flashback, might have something to do with it? Looked like some kind of moon-ish thing going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Katara never resisited it did she?
    Aang and Sokka we're being bend towards each other thats when she decided to use it, she did not want to, but she had to, she was not being bend herself I think.
    She does it twice, when you mentioned, and at the start of the fight (Before Aang and Sokka arrive to "help")

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    She does it twice, when you mentioned, and at the start of the fight (Before Aang and Sokka arrive to "help")
    Ah ok and as for the amulet, yeah possibly.

Well I think Amon might be avatars second piece... somehow avatar could be split in 2 bodies- Korra with water,earth and fire bending and Amon with energy,air bending...

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    Well I think Amon might be avatars second piece... somehow avatar could be split in 2 bodies- Korra with water,earth and fire bending and Amon with energy,air bending...
    Keep dreaming

I have a question about bending....every type of bending has like a special type:
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?

Dreadlord
    You can look at them as extentions but I think you should view them as different kinds of bending really.
    But I think Air gets closest to being able to blow general stuff in the direction, aka you could earthbendish with air cuzz you blow rocks to them.
    Otherwise, I do not really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Doad View Post
    I have a question about bending....every type of bending has like a special type:
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    Air currently has nothing but air is the most versatile type of bending so it's kinda good all by itself.

We don't actually know what air bends specifically. In a scientific sense it might be able to do a lot more depending on what molecules it actually bends
    Last edited by Azalu; 2012-06-10 at 01:50 PM.

Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    Maybe spirit is the extension of air?

If it hasn't been invented yet, honestly the only highly advanced form of airbending I could think up would be vacuumbending (creating voids in the air), or possibly some way of returning someone's 'last breath', essentially bringing them back to life.

Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of wow.joystiq.com and woweh.com

Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    It's not that every bending has it's secondary bending ability it's just things you can do with the normal bending. But yeah, Air can also fly which is a big advantage.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoran View Post
    In TLA bloodbending was a very powerful technique and pretty much the ultimate 1v1 technique (unless you're facing Katara or Amon obviously) but:

1) It could only be used during the full moon
    2) It required uninterrupted hand and arm movements that mimicked a puppetmaster (also true for most bending)
    3) As a consequence of #2, it follows logically that you should only be able to bloodbend 2 people at once. I suppose you could use your legs but waterbending has a heavy reliance on the upper body so I would be surprised if anyone bloodbended with their legs.

Now in TLK Yakone can all of a sudden bloodbend not only during the full moon but during broad daylight. He also bloodbent multiple people while his arms were bound. It also wasn't clear but I think he knocked out the entire crowd in the courthouse. Then Tarlok bloodbends 8 people at once when Tenzin and co. confront him. I just think it's ridiculous how overpowered bloodbending has become.

It seems like a symptom of what has been going on in TLK in general, where supposedly difficult and advanced/master forms of bending are now commonplace. I can understand metalbending because it doesn't seem like there was an abundant amount of metal in the Earth Kingdom before the 100 Year War so nobody really needed to bend it. Therefore it's obviously not a ridiculously difficult technique to perform, simply a new one. Chiblocking is also just a fighting style so that makes sense. The ones I cant make sense of are the overpowered bloodbending and lightning generation. According to Iroh lightning generation requires inner balance as well as a master level grasp of firebending, yet in Republic City generating lightning in a factory seems to be a relatively common blue collar job. When it goes from an epic technique that only members of the Fire Nation family are seen using to a common worker job it makes it less epic.
    About bloodbending during a full moon only.. No, Katara used it without a full moon during the episode where she was trying to get revenge on the person who killed her mother. So, that is out almost immediately as a 100% requirement for use.

As far as lightning and bloodbending. There's been 70+ years since the techniques have been out. It stands to reason that during that time they may have become much easier to learn and master.

Hmm... am I the only one who thought that Tarrlok's actions could very easily end up... kinky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    About bloodbending during a full moon only.. No, Katara used it without a full moon during the episode where she was trying to get revenge on the person who killed her mother. So, that is out almost immediately as a 100% requirement for use.

As far as lightning and bloodbending. There's been 70+ years since the techniques have been out. It stands to reason that during that time they may have become much easier to learn and master.
    I do not have TLA on my pc anymore but I cannot recall that, I tought she just waterbended him to shit, she was about to pierce him with a thousand shards and then she dropped them because she could not kill such a "miserable living being"

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    According to the website I use there's 1 ep next week and then a double-bill the following week. Happy days ahead

I wonder why the will release two episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I wonder why the will release two episodes.
    I'm guessing a part 1 and 2 affair

Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    Energy would be a good answer here.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

I asked this myself a lot of pages ago (the vacuum thing for airbending) and have to say they're already doing it, the airscooter would be a vacuum since he makes the air spin around. This velocity should make the rest of the air move aswell and create a vacuum in the middle.

Imo Amon isn't the bad guy, I think he has a "blue demon/devil Zuko" thing going on and will turn. Also Aang discovered his ability after the sealionturtle showed him how to do it. Wouldn't it be possible for something similar happening to Amon?

How Amon is able to avoid bloodbending, imo it's due to his power being able to divert bending away (That's how it was portrayed when Aang took away the firelord's bending with the beam's coming out of him), the theory that he's part cyborg seems weird since all automated/moving parts use hydraulics/steam which can easily be bent by waterbenders.

Also water has 2specialties: healing and bloodbending both are rare and we know that Kora can heal and that it's still "uncommon", in a magical plot twist Katarra will learn Kora how to bloodbend to arm her vs the bad guys

For air specialty I'm thinking about atmospheric pressure. Lighting is strong vs water/metal, bloodbending is strong vs everything, metal is strong vs water/fire and presure is strong vs everything due to being able to "drop" projectiles
    P.S. (is it saturday yet? )
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-06-10 at 02:20 PM.

Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    The most logical, to me, would be sound.

Sound can't travel in a vacuum (ie. no "air" per se, so an element of airbending would, in a sense, be required to "soundbend"), can be manipulated through varying air pressure. In terms of uses - well we have sonic/ultrasonic weapons. There's the potential with them to practically melt a persons insides / shatter a vehicle through resonance. A sonic boom can deafen/disorient etc etc. All in all, sound could be a very dangerous thing, depending on how it's manipulated.

That's my point of view on it at least.