Why does every bending art need a speciality? Hell, there already is more than one speciality for many of the bending arts. Water has healing and plantbending, fire has shown heatbending, earth also has sandbending. With the exception of healing and maybe lightning-bending, the specialities are just new applications of already existing bending arts.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

It's going to be like pokemon...for each season 4 new bending types are discovered ^^

I'm done speculating Amon, there is a lot we still obviously don't know about him.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm done speculating Amon, there is a lot we still obviously don't know about him.
    Could not agree more.

I think Amon resisting Tarlokk's bloodbending is heavily related to the chakras. In the episode you can see Aang break free from Yakone's bloodbending by going in to the avatar state, which entirely utilizes the unlocked chakras.

If Amon developed such an advanced chi-blocking technique as removing one's bending permanently, it would make sense for him to have unlocked some, if not all the seven chakras.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2012-06-10 at 04:52 PM.

man, i really need to re-watch the original series. i completely forgot about anything blood-bending related in it and alot of the chakra stuff. i feel a bit out of the loop lol

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    man, i really need to re-watch the original series. i completely forgot about anything blood-bending related in it and alot of the chakra stuff. i feel a bit out of the loop lol
    Go watch Book 3 Episode 8, great episode and explains bloodbending for the first time.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |

Nice episode. :O

And does anybody else find Meelo to be hilarious. :P

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    I finished rewatching it last week, and it is still as great as I remember, and I still got that shitty feeling when it ended .

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nice episode. :O

And does anybody else find Meelo to be hilarious. :P
    "its 6 in the mornin, this bettah be impotant!"xD whahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    "its 6 in the mornin, this bettah be impotant!"xD whahaha
    Haha, even his earlier jokes and stuff. :P Be the leaf!

Dreadlord
    Tbh I love all of Tenzin's kids, they are awsome xD

Tbh I love all of Tenzin's kids, they are awsome xD
    Yep, I forgot the girls are damn funny too.

I do not have TLA on my pc anymore but I cannot recall that, I tought she just waterbended him to shit, she was about to pierce him with a thousand shards and then she dropped them because she could not kill such a "miserable living being"
    Not that guy, the one who was commanding Southern ships when she went on the ship w/ Zuko.

Looks like I may have been mistaken though. I can see it was night time when they boarded the ship.

Book 3, chapter 16 --- 15:52-17:35, no moon visible during entire shot.
    Last edited by Fudge; 2012-06-10 at 08:26 PM.

why oh why are there only 11 episodes this season, the regular avatar has 20+. I can't wait until season 2 starts, maybe she will airbend in the finaly and beat amon with it. This chapter is called air for a reason

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyhuge View Post
    The most logical, to me, would be sound.

Sound can't travel in a vacuum (ie. no "air" per se, so an element of airbending would, in a sense, be required to "soundbend"), can be manipulated through varying air pressure. In terms of uses - well we have sonic/ultrasonic weapons. There's the potential with them to practically melt a persons insides / shatter a vehicle through resonance. A sonic boom can deafen/disorient etc etc. All in all, sound could be a very dangerous thing, depending on how it's manipulated.

That's my point of view on it at least.
    I always wondered why Aang never airbended all the air someone was breathing. That would be a quick knock out for anyone or anything as long as it is alive and breathing!

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    why oh why are there only 11 episodes this season, the regular avatar has 20+. I can't wait until season 2 starts, maybe she will airbend in the finaly and beat amon with it. This chapter is called air for a reason
    Its the season, its because the first TLA was also air, she is mastering it, doesnt mean she will JUST learn it, it means she gets the basics atlesat.
    Also the normal avatar had 16 if I recall.... not 20+

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I always wondered why Aang never airbended all the air someone was breathing. That would be a quick knock out for anyone or anything as long as it is alive and breathing!
    I think it would be similar to bloodbending in the fact that it's very cruel. I mean he would basically make them suffocate to death. Seeing as how Aang is a pacifist I doubt he would do something that cruel.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 04:18 PM ----------

Its the season, its because the first TLA was also air, she is mastering it, doesnt mean she will JUST learn it, it means she gets the basics atlesat.
    Also the normal avatar had 16 if I recall.... not 20+
    Seasons 1 and 2 had 20 episodes and Season 3 had 21 with the 4 part finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Agree. I just think Amon isn't as powerful as some people portray him. Doesn't matter if it's Koh, Aang or Suki and Sokka's son.

Remember in TLA the main bad guy was Ozai and he wasn't really special. Sure he was a master at firebending and with Sozin's comet his power grew tenfold.

So yeah I wouldn't think Amon is this godlike pseudo-avatar or something. He may just be a normal guy that know some secret stuff.
    What are we without the sky?

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the only reason Blood Bending was done during a Full Moon is because it made the water bender stronger to allow them to use it more effectively / easily. There was no other reason.

The original Blood Bender did it on mice, and then on a person, without the use of a Full Moon (?). The Full Moon just made it easier to use.

I think a more interesting technique, and terrifying, is the one that leeches water from plant organisms. How long before someone gets psychotic enough to start leeching water from people?

As for my Amon theory, there isn't enough evidence to allow you to guess a person. It could be anyone, and a mask, especially in that technological age, could easily conceal a voice. He gave so many nostalgic references that he could be just about anyone.

He could be just a product of some kind of negative force opposite of the Avatar because of how technology and bending has evolved. Bending and technology might be getting too far advanced, and a new balance was created inadvertently, or purposefully, to assist in maintaining the balance. As a loose reference, what happened in Final Fantasy X.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.