Deleted
    How can he be Aang? Aang will be like 80 years old by this point and like 200 biologically. He also has to be dead for Korra to exist. Even after all this why would he try to eliminate bending for someone who spent 99% of their maintaining balance in the world he knows you can't just remove a force to fix it (that's the old Fire Nation's motif). He's married - to a bender - with 3 kids - two of which are benders - and also was the last air bender, why would he go after Tenzin and his family who are the last air benders and his son and grandchildren? He does fight like an air bender so it seems like he was trained by Aang or Tenzin (which would explain Tenzin's suspicious glance and instant belief at the ability for someone to steal someone's bending in episode 3).

Quote Originally Posted by dystin View Post
    How can he be Aang? Aang will be like 80 years old by this point and like 200 biologically. He also has to be dead for Korra to exist. Even after all this why would he try to eliminate bending for someone who spent 99% of their maintaining balance in the world he knows you can't just remove a force to fix it (that's the old Fire Nation's motif). He's married - to a bender - with 3 kids - two of which are benders - and also was the last air bender, why would he go after Tenzin and his family who are the last air benders and his son and grandchildren? He does fight like an air bender so it seems like he was trained by Aang or Tenzin (which would explain Tenzin's suspicious glance and instant belief at the ability for someone to steal someone's bending in episode 3).
    The flashback, as first sign. It shows a bender who uses bending to spread terror and dominance. What if that wasn't the last bender who were a total douche? What if Aang realized that all the threats to the people are benders, and that there will never be peace and equality between people before nobody are superior benders? Maybe, after all these years, he decided to fake his own death, and take his own bending away, which made the Avatar cycle continue, but let him still keep the power to remove bending?

Maybe Korra hasn't been able to enter the Avatar Mode yet because Aang still living is cutting her off from being a full avatar yet? And being an old man hasn't stopped anybody in the series from being a total badass ever.

This whole Amon=Aang is starting to annoy me:
    1) The avatar has to die for the next one to be born. Since Korra is the Avatar, Aang is dead. This is confirmed by LOADS of people
    2) Why the hell would they make the hero from the first series the main villain for the second series. It's a kids' show, not a damn soap opera.

It's just impossible. It's been conformed by the creators themselves it's not one of the characters from the old series. So just drop this ridiculous theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The flashback, as first sign. It shows a bender who uses bending to spread terror and dominance. What if that wasn't the last bender who were a total douche? What if Aang realized that all the threats to the people are benders, and that there will never be peace and equality between people before nobody are superior benders? Maybe, after all these years, he decided to fake his own death, and take his own bending away, which made the Avatar cycle continue, but let him still keep the power to remove bending?

Maybe Korra hasn't been able to enter the Avatar Mode yet because Aang still living is cutting her off from being a full avatar yet? And being an old man hasn't stopped anybody in the series from being a total badass ever.
    From what we know, taking away ones bending doesn't stop them from being the avatar. Its a spirit thing. The Container (the body aka Aang) has to die to release the soul so that it can be reborn again. Resembling the Buddhism belief of reincarnation- look it up. Second, I don't think its possible for Aang to "seal"- choosing seal instead of taking away bending because it seems far more proper- his own bending. Why? Mainly because of the methodology behind doing it, it always requires 2 people. Now, lets do say he can seal his own bending away, it seal's HIS and not the avatar's states- a tap into past lives for extreme explosive power which makes me think that it has an additive effect- thus he would still be the Avatar and the cycle had not continued onto Korra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    This whole Amon=Aang is starting to annoy me:
    1) The avatar has to die for the next one to be born. Since Korra is the Avatar, Aang is dead. This is confirmed by LOADS of people
    2) Why the hell would they make the hero from the first series the main villain for the second series. It's a kids' show, not a damn soap opera.

It's just impossible. It's been conformed by the creators themselves it's not one of the characters from the old series. So just drop this ridiculous theory...
    Plus, why would Aang even want to take people's bending away?

Also

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...27/212/fd1.gif
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-19 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Plus, why would Aang even want to take people's bending away?
    One more reason to add to the list, since Aang is a pacifist and wants to see the good in people. But i guess it doesn't matter how many times we prove Amon can't be Aang, cause in a few days someone new is gonna discover this thread and claims he knows Amon is Aang without reading all of the counterarguments ><

It's not IMPOSSIBLE, and it's not RIDICULOUS. Also, where have they confirmed such a thing, and why can't he not just show his face?

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 05:02 PM ----------

One more reason to add to the list, since Aang is a pacifist and wants to see the good in people. But i guess it doesn't matter how many times we prove Amon can't be Aang, cause in a few days someone new is gonna discover this thread and claims he knows Amon is Aang without reading all of the counterarguments ><
    Aang grew. He saw the world, tried to fix it, but couldn't, because of benders being asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aang grew. He saw the world, tried to fix it, but couldn't, because of benders being asses.
    That's just a load of rubbish. Aang isn't the sort to punish everyone for the actions of a few.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...29/555/3b1.png

This is the most logical Amon theory on this board so far

Sweet mother of mercy, dat gif

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...30/057/35d.gif
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-19 at 03:13 PM.

That's just a load of rubbish. Aang isn't the sort to punish everyone for the actions of a few.

I can't explain it too well, but it makes perfect sense for me, no matter what you want Aang to be. That's my theory, and good thinkers stick to it until anybody got proof that can't be kicked away with the experience that comes when time passes.

Kora pls

/10chars

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 05:15 PM ----------

I can't explain it too well, but it makes perfect sense for me, no matter what you want Aang to be. That's my theory, and good thinkers stick to it until anybody got proof that can't be kicked away with the experience that comes when time passes.
    If i recall correctly, somewhere in this thread was a link to the interview, which stated:
    1) There can only be one Avatar (which is Korra)
    2) Amon will not be any of the old characters from season 1.

But i really don't feel like going through all the pages to find it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to me currently the weight of the Aang argument seems to be

Aang can take away people's bending, Amon can. "Create argument linking these 2 together here"

After like 61 episodes of LoA I just can't see it being him

10+ Year Old Account
    After like 61 episodes of LoA I just can't see it being him
    That, combined with the fact that people have to realize that this isn't some shonen anime. It's a Nick cartoon. They're not going to throw water over the infinitely wise, extremely pacifist monk we came to know and love as Aang *just* for the sake of having a plot twist (at that point it wouldn't even be a twist since everyone is screaming Amon is Aang).

Amon may or may not be someone we have already met, but it sure as hell isn't Aang in any way or form. I just don't see the writers doing something like that, it would be a rather pathetic and sad plot twist. In fact it could almost be called a Shyamalan-level plot twist, and lets not fucking go anywhere near there :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-19 at 03:44 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Let's see. Assuming Bumi(Aang's son) is deceased, Amon could be his offspring.

Or perhaps of Ty Lee. Hmmm

I've searched the internet, but can't find the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That, combined with the fact that people have to realize that this isn't some shonen anime. It's a Nick cartoon. They're not going to throw water over the infinitely wise, extremely pacifist monk we came to know and love as Aang *just* for the sake of having a plot twist (at that point it wouldn't even be a twist since everyone is screaming Amon is Aang).

Amon may or may not be someone we have already met, but it sure as hell isn't Aang in any way or form. I just don't see the writers doing something like that, it would be a rather pathetic and sad plot twist. In fact it could almost be called a Shyamalan-level plot twist, and lets not fucking go anywhere near there :P
    Ugh Shyamalan.

The writers clearly depict Zuko as a good guy in a bad light. He immediatly characterises him as a villain.

So glad I dodged that film, I couldn't bear him ruining my favourite character

Aang is pure good, if anybody were to take a turn it would be a neutral-good character like Zuko or Toph

10+ Year Old Account
    A:TLA had an overall positive/happy aura and ending (for christ's sake, neither Ozai or Azula were killed and nobody else in the series deserved death more). While A:TLK definitely features darker characters and tone, I still see it ending positively with evil people becoming good and not the other way around. Especially not Aang being related to Amon.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

They said they wanted The Legend of Korra to be a little more mature and dark. How much they want to stick to this is yet to be seen, but I do hope they take up some serious moral questions, since they already got the ball running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    A:TLA had an overall positive/happy aura and ending (for christ's sake, neither Ozai or Azula were killed and nobody else in the series deserved death more). While A:TLK definitely features darker characters and tone, I still see it ending positively with evil people becoming good and not the other way around. Especially not Aang being related to Amon.
    I'm still very skeptical over Azula's deserving to die. Book 3 sorta brought a lot of attention to how fucked up in the head she was

Deleted
    I like Arrowstorm's idea of Aang taking away his own bending. Maybe faking his own death because Katara said he died peacefully, but he would be so old by now... I think it would be unnecessary fan service to reveal Aang is Amon. If Amon HAS to have a link to ATLA (which I think shouldn't happen) maybe Bumi, Aang's non bender son, could be Amon? It's a stretch but I suppose if they want to link him to ATLA then that makes the most sense - they could play the jilted, only non-bender child angle plus he could Aang as a mentor which explains why he fights like an air bender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dystin View Post
    I like Arrowstorm's idea of Aang taking away his own bending. Maybe faking his own death because Katara said he died peacefully, but he would be so old by now... I think it would be unnecessary fan service to reveal Aang is Amon. If Amon HAS to have a link to ATLA (which I think shouldn't happen) maybe Bumi, Aang's non bender son, could be Amon? It's a stretch but I suppose if they want to link him to ATLA then that makes the most sense - they could play the jilted, only non-bender child angle plus he could Aang as a mentor which explains why he fights like an air bender.
    You can't fake your own death to the avatar cycle.....