Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    800

    [Movies] Jurassic Park 4 AKA Jurassic World

    http://www.thewrap.com/steven-spielb...-in-june-2015/

    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a official date.

    It seems that its back to Nublar and from the info that is out right now, this movie takes place aprox 20 years after the events of the other movies, where a majority of the island is under control and the northern part is completely untamed, left for the animals to run free in the abandoned facilities of Ingen.

    The plot is basically centered around a hybrid creation from the geneticists in the island, that seek to bring something thrilling to the audience since all the other dinos are "old news". This dinosaur has been nicknamed Diabolus Rex or D-Rex for short, is the combination of Velociraptor, T-Rex, Cuttlefish and Rattlesnake

    edit: https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/s...386688/photo/1

    Thoughts?


    EDIT2: TRAILER TIME

    Last edited by Aurokk; Yesterday at 05:39 PM.

    Amazing Sig & Avatar by Serryn <3

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,873
    Looking forwards to it!

    Film / Special effects have come along way since the original (20 years ago) so I have no doubt it will look fantastic.

    My only real concern is the story. I can be pretty picky at times.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Looking forwards to it!

    Film / Special effects have come along way since the original (20 years ago) so I have no doubt it will look fantastic.

    My only real concern is the story. I can be pretty picky at times.
    Agreed! Story will be the biggest factor regarding this movies success or failure! I mean we always have JP3 and we know the sh1tstorm that T-rex vs Spino fight brought.

    However the die-hard fans like myself will see it anyway because DINOSAURS and the first movie came out sometime ago in 3D and made huge profits so very much looking forward to this.

    Amazing Sig & Avatar by Serryn <3

  4. #4
    2015?! I thought it was next year
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Hyrk Dyrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    619
    Damn, summer 2015? Can't believe I have to wait for almost 2 years, I've already waited since 2010...

    Anyway, the plot actually sounds pretty interesting, thank god they didn't go with yet another ''return to devistated island full of rampaging dinosaurs'' plot again and went with a park instead. I just pray to the lord that they won't fuck this up as much as they did with JP 3, it would be a disaster if they screwed up yet another continuity of my of one of my favorite movies of all times.

    Btw, I also love that they called it Jurassic World instead of Jurassic Park 4, really cool name.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,822
    Yeah, looking forward to it. Glad they went another route, there's only so much you can do with the same island. Hopefully gonna be great.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrk Dyrk View Post
    Damn, summer 2015? Can't believe I have to wait for almost 2 years, I've already waited since 2010...

    Anyway, the plot actually sounds pretty interesting, thank god they didn't go with yet another ''return to devistated island full of rampaging dinosaurs'' plot again and went with a park instead. I just pray to the lord that they won't fuck this up as much as they did with JP 3, it would be a disaster if they screwed up yet another continuity of my of one of my favorite movies of all times.

    Btw, I also love that they called it Jurassic World instead of Jurassic Park 4, really cool name.
    I don't understand the hatred for Jurassic Park 3. Yeah they butchered the physiology of the Spinosaurus and made it seem like some "SUPER T-REX!!!!" when in actuality it was a fish-eater I believe.

    Acting wasn't terrible, plot wasn't too unbelievable. Overall I'd give it a B to B-, people treat it like a nail to a coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  8. #8
    Hopefully it has Sam and Jeff back. Those two together was great in JP1 Vince Vaughn was ok in 2 i don't want to see him again.

    Hopefully the World Aspect is that Life has found a way off the island because the samples from 1 was found and some one cloned too many and now Newyork is T-rex town and New jeresy is Spino Alley and they have turf wars and oh my fucking god i hope it's nothing like that besides the Samples from 1 coming into play somehow.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Hopefully it has Sam and Jeff back. Those two together was great in JP1 Vince Vaughn was ok in 2 i don't want to see him again.

    Hopefully the World Aspect is that Life has found a way off the island because the samples from 1 was found and some one cloned too many and now Newyork is T-rex town and New jeresy is Spino Alley and they have turf wars and oh my fucking god i hope it's nothing like that besides the Samples from 1 coming into play somehow.
    I believe the script will take off from the first Jurassic Park, whereas the Dino Zoo he was creating finally comes together and people visit it like a Disney World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  10. #10
    Even though the third one was pretty awful compared to the first two, I have hopes this one will be better. The dinosaurs in the original that is now 20 years old still look better than most CGI dinosaurs/monsters etc in today's film so even if the plot is terrible, at least there should be purdy dinosaurs.

  11. #11
    Honey Boo Boo is going to play a dinosaur. It shall be the main Dino of the movie....The visitors are doooooooomed.


    Edit sorry had too.

    Hope they break back the rex and DONT use a Gigantosaurs or something stupid like that.

  12. #12
    Pit Lord Worgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kronos WoW - Vanilla server
    Posts
    2,325
    Yay! I love dinosaurs! Raaaaaaaaaaaaawr

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Hyrk Dyrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't understand the hatred for Jurassic Park 3. Yeah they butchered the physiology of the Spinosaurus and made it seem like some "SUPER T-REX!!!!" when in actuality it was a fish-eater I believe.

    Acting wasn't terrible, plot wasn't too unbelievable. Overall I'd give it a B to B-, people treat it like a nail to a coffin.
    Yeah, my main problem with the movie was how the they treated the Spinosaurus. I'm sure we knew at that point we knew that the Spinosaurus was primarily a fish-eater and was barely able to take down huge pray, but because it is the biggest therapod that has ever lived they seem to have thought that meant it some kind of Godzilla monster.

    But there was also other things that annoyed me, like Dr. Grant being the only character that seemed likeable, everyone else were either a bunch of whiny dumbasses or huge douchebags. And that kid that somehow managed to turn into the dinosaur worlds answer to Tarzan in what 2 months? that was hard to shallow.

    Oh well, each to his own, I'm just very happy with the direction their going with Jurassic World.

  14. #14
    Well, I'd still always take Jurassic Park 3 over The Lost World.

    Grant and Jon Hammond were my favorites, and there was only one character I absolutely despised in the first Jurassic Park movie: Goldblum's character. Then they made the Lost World, which had no Grant, very little Hammond, and a whooooole lot of Goldblum. The cast was EVERYTHING I hated. And Goldblum's kid made it a whole lot worse.


    My peak of enjoyment in that movie was probably Jon Hammond's scene in the beginning.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  15. #15
    Warchief Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    2,034
    you think they will still try and use animatronics? Or just go full out CGI, because they shouldn't take nothing away from alot of the animatronics like in the first Jurassic Park, it felt more real, I dont mind they add a bit of CGI to do stuff they cant normally and to clean up so obvious messes here and there but this is the era of full blown cgi lately.
    Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash

  16. #16
    I suspect they'll go full out CGI. I mean, I'm hoping for animatronics kind of, but it seems more plausible they'll go full out CGI


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  17. #17
    I've been waiting for a new Jurassic Park since forever, I still often looked on the internet as a small child if there's any news for a new movie.

    I hope the next movie will actually show some female deaths to the dinosaurs. I don't get why the other 3 never showed any female death...

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've been waiting for a new Jurassic Park since forever, I still often looked on the internet as a small child if there's any news for a new movie.

    I hope the next movie will actually show some female deaths to the dinosaurs. I don't get why the other 3 never showed any female death...
    Female death in movies always bothered me more, Must be a man thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  19. #19
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,021
    exciting! For my 7th birthday i went to the cinema with my parents to see the lost world It's one of my earliest and happiest memories...walking through the shopping complex at like 9pm just my parents and me and i was so excited :P

    When i was young my parents said i used to call the t rex Jurassic park >.<

  20. #20
    Everybody knows JP 3 was a knockoff and doesn't count. JP 2 shouldnt count either.

    Glad they're calling it Jurassic World instead of JP 4.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •