Page 5 of 410 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well this is lame.. there was alot more that they could have expanded on with aangs story. I honestly dont wanna watch it if its going to be the same deal as Aang but with a different cast of characters.
    What else could they really have done with Aang? Sure they could have him traveling around doing Avatar things like helping people, keeping the peace, and stopping baddies from doing bad stuff, but nothing would be able to be a bigger story then defeating the Fire Lord an stopping a 100 year long war.

Korra's story is going to be a very different story based the the first 2 episodes and the other little bits of info we have about it. In fact Aang are Korra are just about polar opposites. Where Aang never wanted to be the Avatar and was afraid that he would not be good enough to fill that role. He had to learn to be more confident in his abilities and become the hero the world needed to end the war. On the other hand Korra is too confident in her abilities and rushes headlong into any danger. I get the feeling the Korra will have to learn to be more humble and learn patience and that not all problems can be solved with brute force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Appa

Funny thing is, they had originally intended Appa to give birth to a litter of Sky Bison in the final season finale. But that idea was later thrown out.
    Heh, that kinda feels like a cheat. Like, "Hey you know those giant ten ton flying bison that no one has seen for 100 yeah? Well it turns out we found a whole heard of them!" Where the heck would even hide a bunch of them for 100 years anyways?

It just seems weird with none of the old characters back except Katara... did Zuko die? I know Sokka, Aang, and Toph did but they didn't mention Zuko's status. I can't wait till she actually talks to Aang...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new show but I'm a bit sad about Aang having passed away (and I'm assuming most of the original characters). And it's weird seeing Katara as an old woman/grandma. Like my brain couldn't process that for a few mintues.

On the plus side, Korra is awesome, I love seeing all of the airbenders, and the city setting is really cool. I hope they have an episode devoted to Tenzin's youth/beginnings. I can't imagine Aang's reaction when his third child turned out to be the first new airbender in....how many years?! He wasn't going to be the last airbender anymore!

Makes me all fuzzy thinking about it!

Deleted
    Must say, I really liked it. Normally I hate or on a lesser degree dislike sequels, especially with a female lead... Korra though.. She's slagging awesome. Really like her attitude. Actually think I'm gonna like this new one more than the original series.

Anime is for virgins.

<Infracted> Bye then...
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-03-26 at 10:05 PM.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Anime is for virgins.
    u so funni u shud be komedien

OT:
    I can't wait to see more of this! I loved the original so much, and I'm sure I'll love this too. And they better tell us what happened to Zuko's mom at some point, since everyone is dying to know.

I really don't know what to think about this. I don't really like how futuristic it is but it'll probably grow on me, and Korra's personality at the start kinda upset me. It took Aang pretty much the whole series to master all 4 elements and within the first few minutes this fat little girl is like "I'M THE AVATAR, DEAL WITH IT!" and proceeds to use all 4 elements.... Also her personality kinda upsets me. She's portrayed as a super egotistical tom boy who doesn't hesitate to flaunt her Avatar Title and powers around.

It's a big change to go from a kind of secretive and evasive Air Bender to a boastful, muscley Water Bender. We'll see... I'll give it a chance.
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmor View Post
    It took Aang pretty much the whole series to master all 4 elements and within the first few minutes this fat little girl is like "I'M THE AVATAR, DEAL WITH IT!" and proceeds to use all 4 elements....
    So you watched only the first few minutes of the first episode? Because she can't air bend, and the series so far is pretty much about her learning air bending.
    It's a big change to go from a kind of secretive and evasive Air Bender to a boastful, muscley Water Bender. We'll see... I'll give it a chance.
    Of course it is. Because it's an entirely different setting. Aang had been locked away for a hundred years while a war raged on and his people were exterminated and the force which ruled the world was actively hunting him down. In Korra's world the war has been over for a lifetime and the force which rules the world wants to keep her secret and protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    I like the new show but I'm a bit sad about Aang having passed away (and I'm assuming most of the original characters). And it's weird seeing Katara as an old woman/grandma. Like my brain couldn't process that for a few mintues.

On the plus side, Korra is awesome, I love seeing all of the airbenders, and the city setting is really cool. I hope they have an episode devoted to Tenzin's youth/beginnings. I can't imagine Aang's reaction when his third child turned out to be the first new airbender in....how many years?! He wasn't going to be the last airbender anymore!

Makes me all fuzzy thinking about it!
    Was it stated that the first two wasn't airbenders?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Was it stated that the first two wasn't airbenders?
    Born sometime after the War to Aang and Katara as the youngest and the only airbender[1] of their three children

- http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Tenzin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    It just seems weird with none of the old characters back except Katara... did Zuko die? I know Sokka, Aang, and Toph did but they didn't mention Zuko's status. I can't wait till she actually talks to Aang...
    I have a feeling that the 3 part comic series called The Promise may reveal Zuko's fate. It is about what happened between Avatar and the Legend of Korra. It has been hinted that the comic will tell the tale of what happened to Zuko's mom as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Well, Korra would not be the Avatar if Aang was still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to get a little annoyed about how conservative people are getting about the series. I for one think it's great how the show still has it's iconic flare but manages to immerse us into an evolved world where the Avatar still exists and plays an important role. And Korra having a completely different personality than Aang is another thing I find to be refreshing and I don't understand how that bothers people as well when it was pretty obvious that it was bound to happen after Aang had spoken to many previous Avatars during his search for different means in defeating Ozai.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account
    So last night I re-watched the first two episodes. During the scene where Tenzei was releasing Korra from Prison, they showed a guard bringing in the Polar Bear Dog, Naga. Was it just me or did it look like that guy was designed similarly to those found in Full Metal Alchemist. I thought the first series was developed by several Korean animation studios. Yet this would indicate that the show was partly developed by Studio Bones.

I love the personality they gave Korra. My favorite part was the mocking look she gave after the chief gestured "I got my eyes on you". They write this show so well, I dont think I hate any of the huge numbers of characters in it.

*The only thing Im not liking is the music. Big band/Jazz are two genres I haaaaate listening to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    *The only thing Im not liking is the music. Big band/Jazz are two genres I haaaaate listening to.
    I guess "to his, his own." I personally like Big Band music (kindof with Jazz). Part of the reason I enjoy listening to Ska music since it generally has that "Big Band" feel to the music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Not sure if it's just the idea that these benders aren't as natural as Avatar & Co, but the power of bending seems to have been toned down a bit, looking mainly at the second episode.
    Well....those benders had skill, but yea prob not as strong as the original crew. Although, they were limited in that resources like water and earth were restricted to the water in pool and earth discs. I dunno those two brothers are as advanced as toph and zuko were......def can't metal bend, but i wonder if the fire bro can do lightning.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the fire bro is also the bad guy with the mask we see at the end of the first episode. Might be wrong though, I just don't trust fire lol.

Kind of cool that they got a crew now, with korra as the prim water bender, and 2 bros for earth and fire. Will make for an interesting team for adventures ahead.

its been a long time cannot wait =D

10+ Year Old Account
    wanted to watch the episodes on TV day and didnt realize till a few min ago they werent premiering it at 8 PM and it was this morning at 11AM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    wanted to watch the episodes on TV day and didnt realize till a few min ago they werent premiering it at 8 PM and it was this morning at 11AM
    Lol, yeah I had set my TivO a few days earlier and when the recording light came on this morning I was like "What the hell is it recording this early in the morning?". AVATAR!!!!! /foaming at the mouth

I must be crazy but it seems like the commercial is foreshadowing the bad guy being Ozai again...

Also, to whomever said they thought Mako was a bad guy, they named him after the original voice actor for Iroh I highly doubt that is the case.