10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Really surprised they went there for a Nick cartoon
    Considering all of the Equalist pilots whose planes were trashed escaped in parachutes: yea. Real surprised.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh wow. Awesome finale. Tarlokk's whole part in that nearly had me crying.

Especially the end ;_;
    Yeah when they went into his backstory I was like... "huh Tarlokk's a pretty cool guy." and then at the end I was blown away. When he was eyeing the glove I thought for sure he was going to just shock him, but... man.

The episode was awesome but it left me wondering two things, where do they go with the story from here or is this the end? Also I wish it would have explained exactly how Amon took away peoples bending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    The episode was awesome but it left me wondering two things, where do they go with the story from here or is this the end? Also I wish it would have explained exactly how Amon took away peoples bending.
    I think to explain exactly how he took it away they would have to go into a lot more detail with how bending is connected to people and would probably be too much waffling on. Some things are better left unexplained

Can anyone link me a full episode HD version of the Season finale? I missed it this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    What's even more concerning is of how energy bending was able to reverse the effects of blood-bending, despite blood bending effects being of the physical realm, whereas energy bending delves with more a spiritual aspect of bending.
    Actually I think Aang's touch wasn't energybending, but forcing her into the Avatar State, which we know breaks bloodbending, and Korra was just bloodbending the others.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguies View Post
    Incorrect, From the start it was said it was going to be a 26 episode series. With an option for more if Nick ordered. S2 was going to happen, abeit the season finale did seem very complete for a series finale.
    No your wrong, I'll provide the source to back up my claim. How about you provide one instead of pulling things out of your ass (sorry if I'm sounding hostile but I'm tired of people bringing this crap up with no proof).

Edit: And here they are
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Look, you're wrong. Plain and simple as that and here's the proof.
    http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-legend-of-korra-music-update <-- Interview towards the end clearly states that it is ("was" now) a planned mini series

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/...ors-speak/?KEY <-- Right before the interview it clearly states what went down, and look at that. It's a 26 episode series that's split into two seasons not a 24 season split into two parts

P.S. As for all the people still throwing up this annoying Aang/Amon speculation please read the eighth bullet here and stop it http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010...orra-interview
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Actually I think Aang's touch wasn't energybending, but forcing her into the Avatar State, which we know breaks bloodbending, and Korra was just bloodbending the others.
    Yeah I agree with this. Simply connecting to the avatar spirit would be enough to break any bloodbending effect

I believe that he takes it away by like bloodbending a part of their brain if you could believe such a thing. Maybe tie a part of it to block the blood flow there or cut it but the fact that Aang gave it back through the spirits would leave me to believe that the blood might just be blocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It strikes me odd that people are under the assumption that energy bending literally means "taking ones bending away".

The lion turtle stated that before the time of the Avatar they bended (or "bent" I guess...) each others bending, who's to say that they can't bend energies the other way?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

So i was wondering about all the different forms of bending, and came to a realisation that there is yet one element we haven't seen in it's advanced form, Air. All the elements seem to have some form of extra effects in the hands of a very skilled individual. Do you think we will see this with Air bending in the future?

The connections;

Earth Bending > Metal
    Fire Bending > Lightning/Electricity
    Water Bending > Healing (Blood Bending?)
    Air Bending > ??

Unique Forms;

Energy Bending
    Blood Bending

And now for a little science to be injected into the fantasy world. As has been stated before, all bending originated with pure energy being manipulated into various forms, before seperating into the elemental nations. With all these new bending specialities being uncovered as we go, it leads me to believe that because everything in the universe is energy, in various forms (even matter is contained energy), anything in the Avatar universe is "bendable", so to speak, if the right person can achieve the mindset for it.

^Bloodbending can be counted as an advanced waterbending skill, as it is required to have the elemental bending art. Air is pretty versatile bending art by itself, it's hard to think any advanced skill for it. Maybe weather bending? The bender uses air currents, creating storms to form favorable battle conditions, such as lightning strikes, tornadoes, flooding.

Very excellent finale indeed, though it had its deus ex machina moments as people have commented.

I've a feeling that Amon was aware of Tarlokk's actions at the boat and accepted his fate. According to his words, Tarlokk was the only thing he had left, as he no longer wanted to live, Amon too lost his will to live, hence the tear.

As for how he knew of Tarlokk's actions, when Korra was hiding in the storage room, under the table, Amon was able to find her with bloodbending even though he had not seen her himself. This incidates that Amon is able to sense movement or at least people's with his waterbending. Although, maybe the scene was just to create a dramatic effect.

I've seen people complaining how Amon was struggling to control Mako and Korra, while other bloodbenders in the show have easily controlled groups of people with ease. You have to keep in mind that he took a point-blank lightning strike, it's obvious that he's still unbalanced or at least recovering from the attack and thus having reduced effect in his bloodbending.

I hope the season 2 starts soon as I have nothing to look forward to for the following weekends, damn.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2012-06-24 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was interesting to see Amon get hit immediatly by an air blast. He's kinda lucky that there isn't really any airbender resistance against him.

His fighting style relied so much on dodging that there's nothing he could really do against a wall of air coming at him

Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that they closed the book on pretty much everything in season one besides Korra/Mako's lovey thing. Not sure where season two will go but I am pumped.

Also might of almost shed a manly tear during the episode. Damn allergies..

P.S. Lets stop with the spoiler tags, if your at page 100 in a thread dedicated to a show with only twelve episodes there are going to be spoilers.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-06-24 at 02:00 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that they closed the book on pretty much everything in season one besides Korra/Mako's lovey thing. Not sure where season two will go but I am pumped.

Also might of almost shed a manly tear during the episode. Damn allergies..
    Well most likely the series is gonna start up with the pro-bending again. Not sure if it's gonna stay in Republic City for the 2nd season or not

anime

— noun
    a type of Japanese animated storytelling with themes and styles similar to manga comics

aka Avatar ≠ anime, Avatar = cartoon... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by zBobz View Post
    anime

— noun
    a type of Japanese animated storytelling with themes and styles similar to manga comics

aka Avatar ≠ anime, Avatar = cartoon... just saying
    You can leave, goodbye!
    Hi Sephurik

I believe he did it with his thumb on the forehead. Blocking blood to an area that controls the bending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You can leave, goodbye!
    A 4 post account with no avatar.

No point even taking him on

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post

I've a feeling that Amon was aware of Tarlokk's actions at the boat and accepted his fate. According to his words, Tarlokk was the only thing he had left, as he no longer wanted to live, Amon too lost his will to live, hence the tear.

As for how he knew of Tarlokk's actions, when Korra was hiding in the storage room, under the table, Amon was able to find her with bloodbending even though he had not seen her himself. This incidates that Amon is able to sense movement or at least people's with his waterbending. Although, maybe the scene was just to create a dramatic effect.
    Yes I think Amon Knew that was happening, clenched his jaw, and accepted it, because, he can sense water moving, which the body is mostly made up of.. I think that is the key to blood bending, Reading and manipulation of the bodies water(duh). I think someone like Amon would not have his guard down and would not of turned his back, even on his own brother without the ability to, "see". It would be very weird for Amon to be on a boat loaded with weapons and NOT be aware.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-24 at 02:10 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.