Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    A 4 post account with no avatar.

No point even taking him on
    I reported him I urge you to do the same. This topic has been beaten to death 2 (3?) times already in this thread.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That scene made me tear up a little bit...
    Yea I was truly shocked that they put in something like that, but I think it's those moments of depth and emotion that really made that whole hour really stand out. I hope it wins an award or two. lol

Edit: Tenzin, my god that voice of J.K. Simmons is just outstanding.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-24 at 02:16 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Also, I want Bolin and Asami to hook up. They'd be a cute, kickass couple
    ive been screaming at my TV for this ever since they introduced Asami. it just makes too much sense to not happen lol.

Looking forward to seeing where they go next with the show. I would definitely like to see more of Aangs life. I just hope they don't go too far with new technologies. They did more than enough technological advancements so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Do you guys think that there will be another season? I know they said that there would...but the finale just seemed so final.
    They got signed up for another season(14 episodes) before the first even aired.The script and some of the VA is done for S2, they just need to get it animated.Though we still probably won't get to see it 'til next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I reported him I urge you to do the same. This topic has been beaten to death 2 (3?) times already in this thread.
    lol reported for what? And sorry for not reading through the 2100 posts to see if someone else said it already...?

Anyway... as a hardcore anime fan I am bothered by cartoons being called anime, (I personally don't think dubbed anime should even be called anime anymore because English voice actors ruin the aura/mood the characters have to them in the original Japanese versions). I will give you that Avatar is about the closest thing to anime there is without technically being anime, but I was just trying to point out that it isn't technically an anime. If you think I'm trolling I'm sorry you took it that way, but I wasn't.

Please try to stay in line with the tone and theme of the thread. If you wish to create a new topic to discuss your issues then do so. Let's keep this thread for fans of the show.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-06-24 at 02:57 AM.

It's just annoying. Someone comes in here every 10 pages to talk about Avatar not being anime and it just doesn't really matter at all.

"It will be just like the good old days" *amon sheds a single tear* I was sad for Noh'atok man. He was so twisted by his father, he created an alter ego named amon to lure the avatar to him. In his own words to yakone "Leave him alone. You always say that bloodbending is the most powerful form of bending. But it's not, the avatar took your bending away what is more powerful than that?" He must've spent a his entire life perfecting the ability to "take away bending" which was the power he coveted the most. It is ironic though the way he died, when you really think about it he was killed by a non-bender. His death was also due to the consequences of the previous avatar taking away his fathers bending. So in a way, he was also killed by the avatar.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2012-06-24 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    As I warned the previous poster, lets keep the discussion here for fans of the show. If there is an outstanding issue you wish to have discussed then please create a new thread and lets keep this one pure and true for fans of the show.

No negativity fuzzzie!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zBobz View Post
    lol reported for what? And sorry for not reading through the 2100 posts to see if someone else said it already...?

Anyway... as a hardcore anime fan I am bothered by cartoons being called anime, (I personally don't think dubbed anime should even be called anime anymore because English voice actors ruin the aura/mood the characters have to them in the original Japanese versions). I will give you that Avatar is about the closest thing to anime there is without technically being anime, but I was just trying to point out that it isn't technically an anime. If you think I'm trolling I'm sorry you took it that way, but I wasn't.
    You don't need to read 2100 posts or any were CLOSE to it to realize how this thread has been spammed with the same garbage. I'm a hardcore anime fan as well, and I can safely say that you're making the rest of us anime otaku look extremely bad right now. It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else believes this series should be labeled as. . .

OT: Really love how this new season isn't another adventure around the world (even though I enjoyed it first season), and the focus is on Republic City which was pretty much created as a result of the first season. Also loved how some of the episodes ended with me wanting to see what happens in the next, they did a good job with those subtle cliff hangers.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, please drop the issue. I'll monitor this thread and if the negativity and trolling continues I'll deal with it. There is no need to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by zBobz View Post
    I will give you that Avatar is about the closest thing to anime there is without technically being anime, but I was just trying to point out that it isn't technically an anime.

Please try to stay in line with the tone and theme of the thread. If you wish to create a new topic to discuss your issues then do so. Let's keep this thread for fans of the show.
    Anime is a Gairaigo, a borrowed word, which is borrowed from the English language. Anime's English counterpart is Animation. Legend of Korra is a cartoon, or an animated show therefore it is an "anime." Just because it is created by an American team, that does not make it another genre or subgenre. Code Lyoko is anime by a French Team. Anime isn't a single style or aesthetic. It is a genre composed of all animation, whether they be cartoons, hand drawn, or done in 3D.

Did anyone feel bad for the Lieutenant?Guy could never catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Really surprised they went there for a Nick cartoon
    Well, they got away with putting a terrorist attack in the show, I'm pretty sure they can do anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh wow. Awesome finale. Tarlokk's whole part in that nearly had me crying.

Especially the end ;_;
    From asshole to the unsung hero of Republic City.Never forget. ;_;7
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2012-06-24 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Well, they got away with putting a terrorist attack in the show
    It didn't really hurt anybody though whereas suicide pretty much did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    <snip>
    Even though the show has only been 10 (1&2, 11&12 were specials @_@) actual showings long, there was quite a bit conflict between characters. One of my first impressions is that it was fast paced. And I'll be damned there was quite a bit of action and excitement. TLA seemed slower I guess, perhaps because of fillers.

I really hope to see more of the world outside of Republic City with the next book. Hell, I'd like to see the adventures of Aang after the defeat of the Phoenix King.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    From asshole to the unsung hero of Republic City.Never forget. ;_;
    I think the new Team Avatar already forgot about him. Did they ever go to check on him after the battle with Amon? If they did I may have missed it. I don't even think they mention him after the scene where they explode.

I actually shed a manly tear watching this today, Though I feel like the ending was rushed, I actually wanted a little more filler :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I actually shed a manly tear watching this today, Though I feel like the ending was rushed, I actually wanted a little more filler :/
    Manly tears? No I think we were just sweating from our eyes is all T_T
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyCrown View Post
    Manly tears? No I think we were just sweating from our eyes is all T_T
    Ya that must be what happened, just really hot in there is all

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Actually I think Aang's touch wasn't energybending, but forcing her into the Avatar State, which we know breaks bloodbending, and Korra was just bloodbending the others.
    There is no rational explanation for it not being energy bending, or him using blood bending against her (which there is no evidence to support he knows it, and then furthermore Korra). She went into Avatar State to use energy bending to restore bending. I am assuming the blood bending version severs access in some way, but isn't energy bending. There are clearly different... strings that can be cut, as Korra could still air bend, which is interesting. I would expect, potentially, energy bending to be able to restore and take away all bending (if one other than the Avatar was able to bend multiple elements). So it ends up causing us to ask - If he intended to remove all of her bending (which is a total of 3 at that time), then why could she air bend? I was under the impression he simply severed her connection to all bending (being collective), same for all others that underwent this process.

As for the spiritual/physical aspect of energy bending and the blood bending similar technique, I have no idea how to begin to describe it, but I don't think we have to, and probably should accept it. Or at least that is what I am doing right now. But I would guess energy bending is more than just spiritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Air Bending > ??
    I've thought about this before and I think Sound Bending would make sense. If it's practical or not, who knows. But sound requires air to travel through, so... You could bend/make/destroy sound with air bending, I'd imagine.