Deleted
    I really like how they have handled the steampunk element in the legend of korra, but there are times when I feel it is slightly overdone, such as that truck chase scene in the animatic preview during the convention. At times, it feels that it is somewhat too much. Another example is Asami's aeroplane and motorbike. I mean, I love steampunk, but not when it is overdone in a universe that has a different essence.

I hope I'm wrong, of course, and that's just a silly impression I've got.

Not sure if it's been posted yet but if not..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I really like how they have handled the steampunk element in the legend of korra, but there are times when I feel it is slightly overdone, such as that truck chase scene in the animatic preview during the convention. At times, it feels that it is somewhat too much. Another example is Asami's aeroplane and motorbike. I mean, I love steampunk, but not when it is overdone in a universe that has a different essence.

I hope I'm wrong, of course, and that's just a silly impression I've got.
    I just finished watching the series and I was quite shocked how by far they had advanced from Avatar: The Last Airbender... I did like this series but not as much as the original.. I felt that there was too much lovey-dovey in it.

just saw some of Korra on Latin audio....uuhmmm not bad.... but still since i have prefered more of the originals than spanish since the last things have been terrible
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking back on it in retrospect, Korra made non-benders far to inferior ability wise. At least in ATLA non-benders were far more formidable and could actually equal if not beat a lot of benders no problem. Mai and Ty Lee are prime examples.
    Hey everyone

You also have to keep in mind that the benders we see the most in LoK are athletes, not warriors. In ATLA, they were all some of the best fighters in the world striving to end a war. All the Pro Bending people are just pretty good amateur athletes. Most of the metalbending cops are faceless fodder for the Equalists. The gaang were basically elite soldiers.

I'd put Team Korra up against the Gaang (during their show-relevant ages) and I bet Team Korra wouldn't last three seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    I'd put Team Korra up against the Gaang (during their show-relevant ages) and I bet Team Korra wouldn't last three seconds.
    They would have also been out-numbered 4 to 6 (3 benders and 1 non-bender vs 4 benders and 2 non-benders)

Cut Suki plus one bender, would still dominate. Or leave Suki and cut Sokka and they'd dominate faster
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-08-04 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Zuko!??!?!
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    What about Zuko!??!?!
    What about him?

Forgive me if it's already been answered, but I still wonder what caused everybody's (bar Katara ofc) seemingly early deaths. So far, I've managed to work out that Aang's time in the iceberg caused his early death, but that is it.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    What about Zuko!??!?!
    I was counting Zuko

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    What about him?

Forgive me if it's already been answered, but I still wonder what caused everybody's (bar Katara ofc) seemingly early deaths. So far, I've managed to work out that Aang's time in the iceberg caused his early death, but that is it.
    Maybe benders just naturally live longer? 0.0 I can understand Toph dying early because well.......of the fact that she's physically weak and small. Being born blind after all is indicative of her overall health since birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Katara is 85 years old in The Legend of Korra, and Korra herself is 17 which would have put Katara at 68 years old when Korra was born. It is unknown if Toph, and Sokka where living during those first 16 years. As for Aang we already know he had to pass on before Korra's arrival due to the nature of the Avatar cycle. So, I'd assume barring they where alive during a period of that 16 years of Korra's life we didn't see that they where between 65 - 73 when they passed. While not necessarily fitting the current real-world life expectancy, it's still a rather ripe age considering all they went through.

P.S - Still make's me sad to know they are gone in LOK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valexie View Post
    Well, Katara is 85 years old in The Legend of Korra, and Korra herself is 17 which would have put Katara at 68 years old when Korra was born. It is unknown if Toph, and Sokka where living during those first 16 years. As for Aang we already know he had to pass on before Korra's arrival due to the nature of the Avatar cycle. So, I'd assume barring they where alive during a period of that 16 years of Korra's life we didn't see that they where between 65 - 73 when they passed. While not necessarily fitting the current real-world life expectancy, it's still a rather ripe age considering all they went through.

P.S - Still make's me sad to know they are gone in LOK
    I think it's safe to say Sokka has passed on but I'm not sure about Toph. It's actually really weird because there were so many old people living years and years normally in the Avatar world but the main characters with the exception of Zuko and Katara so far are dying off like flies. But you have to remember that the Spirit World is there so they still coexist in essence.
    Hey everyone

Maybe. We've never actually seen or heard proof of anyone besides Avatars and Powerful Spirits actually living in the Spirit World.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Maybe. We've never actually seen or heard proof of anyone besides Avatars and Powerful Spirits actually living in the Spirit World.
    Well it goes back to the Iroh going to the Spirit World looking for his son Lu Ten.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Well it goes back to the Iroh going to the Spirit World looking for his son Lu Ten.
    Uuuh when o>O? What did I miss

Friends this is interesting topic for discussion.I like animated tv shows and movies very much.Avatar the legends of Korra is very interesting animated tv show according to me.The whole creation of this show was very well.Specially in like the to good graphics of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzjacklin View Post
    Friends this is interesting topic for discussion.I like animated tv shows and movies very much.Avatar the legends of Korra is very interesting animated tv show according to me.The whole creation of this show was very well.Specially in like the to good graphics of this game.
    Repeat that.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    wait what? if you can find a sorce for this please link it, i want to know as much as possible on this subject. The creator's handling of Iroh's past really annoyed me, especially when they created the "extras" part since they said they wanted to make a mini-series about his past but they turned the idea down. He just had so many questions about his character that i couldn't stand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein