10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Sharing this because I really liked it <3

[ video=youtube_share;gI2nxFnel7k]http://youtu.be/gI2nxFnel7k[/ video]
    While it is good, and well made, as a Japanime fan I just have to say, ~40sec too long, too much focus on Korra, not enough on the other chars, a few where straight up missing.

But, it still works!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that an original song? Because I fucking love it.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-10-22 at 08:45 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Anyone got a release date for Series 2? I heard January 2013?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Anyone got a release date for Series 2? I heard January 2013?
    Spring 2013 is what I've heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spring 2013 is also what I heard. I still can't get over the fact of how rushed Book 1 was... It was a great Book but character development was sort of thrown out the window on a lot of people as well as many things being unanswered.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    Potential SPOLIER ALERT!

It felt finished. Like they didn't leave much to work with.

I'm really impressed on how they pulled off season one as a short story in a comparatively tiny amount of episodes.

Not much else to say besides I'll keep looking forward to it. I recently rewatched all of both series (I missed quite a few of the original's "fire" season in particular) and it remains amazing. Always helps to double check to avoid the nostalgia filter. Nope, still the best TV shows out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm really impressed on how they pulled off season one as a short story in a comparatively tiny amount of episodes.

Not much else to say besides I'll keep looking forward to it. I recently rewatched all of both series (I missed quite a few of the original's "fire" season in particular) and it remains amazing. Always helps to double check to avoid the nostalgia filter. Nope, still the best TV shows out there.
    A lot of people see the show once and think it's a childish show, especially if it's a Book 1: Water episode from the original Avatar. What the show really does so well in comparison to other shows is the story, the universe, and the characters... Even the minor characters. I still feel Korra Book 1 was rushed regarding side characters. I know they felt like they wanted a tighter story and I can completely forgive that if they branch out over the years with the other books.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    A lot of people see the show once and think it's a childish show, especially if it's a Book 1: Water episode from the original Avatar. What the show really does so well in comparison to other shows is the story, the universe, and the characters... Even the minor characters. I still feel Korra Book 1 was rushed regarding side characters. I know they felt like they wanted a tighter story and I can completely forgive that if they branch out over the years with the other books.
    Actually, the best part about Avatar is the action. No two action sequences are the same. Pew pew brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember, TLoK was originally meant only as a one season thing, without much hope of being picked up for another 2 or 3 seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    You have to remember, TLoK was originally meant only as a one season thing, without much hope of being picked up for another 2 or 3 seasons.
    I know, in fact the instant they said there were going to be more I was just so happy I nearly fell over. They can do so much with this, every time I watch Korra I get this feeling of that she never got to travel round the world like Aang did as the Avatar and always felt alone. Granted Mako and Bolin eased it up a bit and the ongoing fear of Amon just made the show even better. The music... Whole amazing yet different story.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched LoK in awful quality so the music was often ear grating for me, had so much staticky crap noise going on. I'm waiting for the DvD release to rewatch it :3
    The music was amazing. It fit with the show well, just everything about it was great. I loved the instruments they used for it... Also I was thinking about changing my profile Avatar to Iroh, think it's time for a change?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    The music was amazing. It fit with the show well, just everything about it was great. I loved the instruments they used for it... Also I was thinking about changing my profile Avatar to Iroh, think it's time for a change?
    Yes, cuz we all "know" how much of an arsehole Mako is. I think.

I know, in fact the instant they said there were going to be more I was just so happy I nearly fell over. They can do so much with this, every time I watch Korra I get this feeling of that she never got to travel round the world like Aang did as the Avatar and always felt alone. Granted Mako and Bolin eased it up a bit and the ongoing fear of Amon just made the show even better. The music... Whole amazing yet different story.
    Didn't the developers say something along the lines of the "traveling" part in the original ATLA wouldn't be as prominent in TLoK story-wise?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Yes, cuz we all "know" how much of an arsehole Mako is. I think.

Didn't the developers say something along the lines of the "traveling" part in the original ATLA wouldn't be as prominent in TLoK story-wise?
    HEY!!! He's a sensitive caring young man. Okay maybe he gets around but come on give the man a break.

They did but I think that was before the other Books were added to in to it.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Finished re-watching Legend of Aang today, and decided to watch Legend of Korra. Until now I was hesitant, because for some reason I thought it would be worse.
    My main concern is about humor. I saw the new drawing style, it looks a lot more serious than the Legend of Aang, so here's my question. Is Legend of Korra as funny and fun as Legend of Aang was ( goofing around almost every episode, nice humor and just a laid back atmosphere ), or is it more serious and well... Dull?

It's got much the same humor but they also got a bit darker with the imagery. It's worth watching, it's only 10 episodes after all.

Deleted
    Don't go in expecting "more of the same", it's a good series if you don't try to compare every detail to LoA (which a lot of people did).
    Not everything, only concerned about humor.
    Last edited by mmoc7570420288; 2012-11-07 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Finished re-watching Legend of Aang today, and decided to watch Legend of Korra. Until now I was hesitant, because for some reason I thought it would be worse.
    My main concern is about humor. I saw the new drawing style, it looks a lot more serious than the Legend of Aang, so here's my question. Is Legend of Korra as funny and fun as Legend of Aang was ( goofing around almost every episode, nice humor and just a laid back atmosphere ), or is it more serious and well... Dull?
    serious yes, dull no. it's more dark and serious with a bit of humor and drama thrown in to keep it from getting depressing mainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just say it really feels more like a PG-13 than a PG... I won't spoil it for you and don't read the rest of thread if you don't want it spoiled.
    Hey everyone

watching avatar: last air bender again and boy do i miss sokka :P

Let's just say it really feels more like a PG-13 than a PG... I won't spoil it for you and don't read the rest of thread if you don't want it spoiled.
    you need to add boomerang to your signature :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!