Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Then his son dies and he ups and leaves. I always figured he sought the help of the spirits to either bring his son back to life or to simply see him again. It is kind of hinted that Lu Ten was attacked by Koh, so maybe he was trying to "save" him. Then it was what humbled him into respecting the balance of the world and help him into the humbled man he is in the series.
    I don't know. I think he was pretty into the whole humble and respecting balance thing even before. We know that he learned from dragons and stuff earlier in his career. The loss of his son may have left him with no more interest in war or politics, but he was probably a 'wise old guy' even before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, remember, we know that at some point Iroh went into the spirit world (how he did that beats the hell out of me) and admeral zaoh (i think thats how you spell it) said that this is why he doesn't want to mess with the spirits.

honestly, i was kinda mad at the extras episode for the seige of the north. they said they had considered making a mini-series on iroh's back story and discarded the idea. why tell us that? I want that series even more now that i know they considered it
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    well, remember, we know that at some point Iroh went into the spirit world (how he did that beats the hell out of me) and admeral zaoh (i think thats how you spell it) said that this is why he doesn't want to mess with the spirits.

honestly, i was kinda mad at the extras episode for the seige of the north. they said they had considered making a mini-series on iroh's back story and discarded the idea. why tell us that? I want that series even more now that i know they considered it
    Anyone can go into the spirit world if spiritual enough, this was explained somewhere though I can't remember where.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Anyone can go into the spirit world if spiritual enough, this was explained somewhere though I can't remember where.
    really? i thought that other than the avatar and iroh, the only people to go there were forcibly taken by spirits?
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

I've never heard of that, nor of rankus thing about spirits taking people to spirit world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I've never heard of that, nor of rankus thing about spirits taking people to spirit world.
    they had an episode on it -_- you know, when sokka got forced into the spirit world?

I was under the impression he got kidnapped or something. I wasn't paying attention lol. Did he really go to the spirit world? But he didn't remember anything.

Deleted
    When is the new season coming out.

First season was pretty good.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    When is the new season coming out.
    Rumor has it the new season will start some time in april, but there's no official release date yet.

Just finished Legend of Korra. It all seemed really really rushed. 12 episodes wasn't nearly enough.

Half the time I was just going "wait what?" because they never explained how bloodbending could be done without the full moon and how Aman learned how to energy bend. The character development also seemed forced. The Last Airbender really set my expectations too high. And General Iroh being voice acted by the guy who did Zuko just threw me off completely.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-24 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Just finished Legend of Korra. It all seemed really really rushed. 12 episodes wasn't nearly enough.

Half the time I was just going "wait what?" because they never explained how bloodbending could be done without the full moon and how Aman learned how to energy bend. The character development also seemed forced. The Last Airbender really set my expectations too high. And General Iroh being voice acted by the guy who did Zuko just threw me off completely.
    Because it was a family of really powerful bloodbenders, and Amon wasn't energy bending he was blood bending. And General Iroh was kinda just an easter egg for people who watched Avatar.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Because it was a family of really powerful bloodbenders, and Amon wasn't energy bending he was blood bending. And General Iroh was kinda just an easter egg for people who watched Avatar.
    I like how he does it in spoiler and you don't. >.<

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    But there was no background at all. How the heck was Yakon so powerful? How did Amon go from being practically a father to his little brother to being a self-righteous idealist. And I guess since Korra return bending to the people it was taken from that it wasn't really ever gone to begin with. Whereas energy bending could truly take it away. But how the heck can blood blending suppress it? And the entire storyarc was done in this one season. The whole Yakon bloodline ended all of a sudden (though I actually really like the ending with the counsilor realizing his brother wasn't going to change with the equalist regalia sitting on the boat). The next season will be Korra getting along with the Spirits and mastering Airbending. I can see her going into the spirit world (finally a break from Republic City). So many questions.

And Iroh could easily have been more than an easter egg. Like I said, it all felt so rushed. There wasn't nearly enough character development. Or maybe that's what the next season is for. The first season of the Last Airbender wasn't all that great either (imo)...

I wonder who the big bad will be in the next one. I hope Ko makes a come back. I was sad having seen him only once in all of the Last Airbender. DAMN IT I WANT THE NEXT SEASON ALREADY. And I'm REALLY looking forward to a return to similar settings as the Last Airbender. Sick of Republic city.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I like how he does it in spoiler and you don't. >.<

:P
    Lol I just did that cause I realized there might be other people interested in the show but haven't had the time to see it yet but want to keep up with development.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Yeah, Republic City setting does suck.

-Yakon was just powerful because he was just born as the water bender that was the one out of a million chance that he could bloodbend without the moon.
    -Why Amon became an equalist wasn't well explained, but he ignored his brother because he wouldn't go with him when Amon abandoned their home.
    -Who knows how his bloodbending took away people's powers. Amon was just badass like that. Regardless of whether or not he actually did take their bending away, energybending could probably return it either way.

The Iroh character was stupid in my opinion.

Honestly I'll say this, I feel like the series wouldn't have felt short if they didn't waste so much time on introducing the bending sport game. They just didn't have time for shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't a big fan of Republic City to be honest but I'll be honest about this... I teared up when Tarlokk and Noatok died. It was to fucking easy, I know they wanted to make it a mini series initially but with that kind of story in mind, what were they thinking with only 12 episodes?! I love the antagonists far more than Korra and Co. and they just kill them off after 12 episodes. Surely they went to the drawing board and thought, "Maybe 12 isn't enough."

@Blueobelisk, Tarlokk told Korra that when Noatok took his bending and explained his reasoning behind the Equalist movement, that he really believed Noatok wanted that.
    Hey everyone

He said something like "Noatak always wanted equality" just because Yakon was forcing Tarlokk and Noatak to bloodbend each other or something. I don't get how that gets converted to "let's create a world with no benders."

I was certain they explained that his bloodbending was basically doing a lobotomy on the part of the brain that controlled bending, which is why bloodbending(water bending)
    could fix it because it was just healing the severed connections
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    I was certain they explained that his bloodbending was basically doing a lobotomy on the part of the brain that controlled bending, which is why bloodbending(water bending)
    could fix it because it was just healing the severed connections
    Wow, that's actually pretty sick.

I wasn't a big fan of Republic City to be honest but I'll be honest about this... I teared up when Tarlokk and Noatok died. It was to fucking easy, I know they wanted to make it a mini series initially but with that kind of story in mind, what were they thinking with only 12 episodes?! I love the antagonists far more than Korra and Co. and they just kill them off after 12 episodes. Surely they went to the drawing board and thought, "Maybe 12 isn't enough."

@Blueobelisk, Tarlokk told Korra that when Noatok took his bending and explained his reasoning behind the Equalist movement, that he really believed Noatok wanted that.
    Eh, I kind of like the idea of their deaths, but they really didn't do it well enough. I mean, what did either of them do to justify the need to end their lives? Sure, Noatok started a war, but it was with good intentions that spiraled out of control. The same goes for Tarlokk, he literally did nothing that characterized him as a super monster baddie. He went a little power mad and was quickly stopped, all the while having good intentions like his brother. Look at Sato, the guy tries to kill his own daughter to realize his bigoted ideas of bending... that deserves for him to be killed off WAY more than Noatok or Tarlokk.

Perhaps if they did more damage that a few press conferences saying "I'm sorry" and a half second of energy bending couldn't fix, I might feel like they were awful enough to be iredeemable and need to die in an emotional way.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

I agree. Tarlokk and Amon had the potential to surpass Zuko (favorite character) for me as characters who seemed super evil but with a ridiculous amount of depth of where they came from and where they were going.

Also, the animations, while exceptionally crisp are more "anime-esque" than the Last Airbender. Some of the facial expressions and the "evil grins" were what I'd see in Adult Swim anime shows.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-25 at 12:45 AM.