10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh, favorite characters?

1. Iroh
    2. Screw everyone else
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Aang and Toph rank first for me.

1. Azula.
    2. Toph.
    3. Sokka, Zuko, Iroh, Suki and Momo tied.

No one else matters.

1:Zuko/Toph
    2:Sokka(post Book One anyway)/Iroh
    3:Aang
    4: Azula
    5:Sokka's beard/foaming mouth guy

Sorry, "Aang", but Haru's peach-fuzz Moostache has got nothing on Sokka's amazing whiskers.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Hah, honestly, I find myself most like Azula. And she's pretty much my fave too.
    Color me not shocked

She was my least favorite of all the fire nation people. I readily admit a lot of the reason I liked Zuko from the very beginning was his voice. It was done by the guy who played Rufio in Hook, and well I had a huge crush on him when I was younger. But I also liked his storyline, learning to be in touch with yourself is an important thing many people utterly fail at it real life. I like they way his struggles were portrayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are all fools for denying your love for Iroh.

He can eat roast duck faster than anyone in the world.

Well, at least I know I can get Arlee on my side by using basic Corgi hypnosis.

You now love Iroh.

Deleted
    In terms of favourite characters, mine are:

TLA:
    1. Iroh
    2. Ty Lee
    3. Toph
    4. MY HONOR
    5. Sokka

LOK:
    1. Lin
    2. 10zin
    3. Bo Lin
    4. Jinora
    5. Irohnman

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You are all fools for denying your love for Iroh.

He can eat roast duck faster than anyone in the world.

Well, at least I know I can get Arlee on my side by using basic Corgi hypnosis.

You now love Iroh.
    Oh I very much adore Iroh as well. People had just been discussing Zuko's story so I was throwing in my thoughts I really couldn't rank my favorites because there are too many I like a ton.

Deleted
    I actually don't really have a favourite in LoK to be honest...

I just really like Lin, Toph's daughter, and that's it.

Asami, Lin, Tarrlok and Meelo.. probably the only characters I like(d) in LoK. Everyone else is meh.

Aang is just one of the penultimate heroes for me. He never sacrificed his convictions, found a way to defeat the Firelord without killing him (freaking learned how to take bending away). He learned all of his bending within a year @_@. PLUS, you just can't hate the lil dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I actually don't really have a favourite in LoK to be honest...

I just really like Lin, Toph's daughter, and that's it.
    Basically if I had to list the top 5 characters from both ATLA and LoK combined, all 5 would end up being from ATLA.

But then again, that's kinda unfair if I considered how many episodes/seasons ATLA has compared to LoK.

Still, even if LoK runs on for another 3 goddamn seasons I doubt my top 5 would change lol. Korra herself is probably my most hated character so she'll rank waaaay at the bottom, Mako and Asami are both equally retarded as far as I know and can sit at the bottom with Korra.

Lin and Tenzin (+ his kids) have some decent potential. Bolin is in the VERY unfortunate position of being instantly compared to Sokka and that doesn't usually end up being good for him...I guess he can be developed further.

I think my natural tendency to hate most LoK characters stems from the fact that I can't stand teenagers...each time Korra had a moodswing (or did something retarded based on a moodswing) I wish I was there to shove my foot up her beautiful ass.

I myself was a teenager once, but I had the strength to overcome that disability.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-21 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit, Mako turned out to be a pretty decent firebender but if there is actually one character I genuinely like from Korra it has to be Tarrlok, he was the only character I really could look at and say, "pretty well done". General Iroh wasn't bad either, he was kept pretty safe in terms of how his character played out and had some of the best firebending I'd seen by anyone in the show (not including A:TLA).
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I want a setting more similar to the Last Airbender this time around.

The full-out Steampunk isn't doing it for me. I liked when there was the occasional steampunk equipment and the war machines in A:TLA, but the atmosphere wasn't nearly as enjoyable.
    Considering Book 2 is Spirit, I'm guessing we'll be seeing some beautiful vistas and shady swamps again.

Favorite character from T:LA for me is hands down Zuko. Toph comes in at second.

From LoK...hmmm...I don't know, none of the characters gripped me like even the worst (imo) characters from T:LA. I guess I'll say my favorite character was probably Amon mostly because he's gonna kill Kerrigan...cwutididthere?

And while I understand that there obviously has to be overall progress, I still hate the fact that less than a hundred years down the road a bunch of kids are all of a sudden able to bend lightning and waterbenders blood bending without a full moon...just wtf?
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-21 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Considering Book 2 is Spirit, I'm guessing we'll be seeing some beautiful vistas and shady swamps again.

Favorite character from T:LA for me is hands down Zuko. Toph comes in at second.

From LoK...hmmm...I don't know, none of the characters gripped me like even the worst (imo) characters from T:LA. I guess I'll say my favorite character was probably Amon mostly because he's gonna kill Kerrigan...cwutididthere?

And while I understand that there obviously has to be overall progress, I still hate the fact that less than a hundred years down the road a bunch of kids are all of a sudden able to bend lightning and waterbenders blood bending without a full moon...just wtf?
    This actually quite annoyed me... Stop reminding me of the thing that annoyed me the most. ;(

Especially the lightning thing, there were quite a few that could and they didn't even seem like the greatest of firebenders outside of General Iroh. Waterbenders doing bloodbending without a full moon... Well that was like two people in the entire world, they can get away with that.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    This actually quite annoyed me... Stop reminding me of the thing that annoyed me the most. ;(
    Bloodbending.
    No moon.

Boom.

Deleted
    I guess I'll say my favorite character was probably Amon mostly because he's gonna kill Kerrigan...cwutididthere?
    Thanks for the good giggle.
    Blood bending without a full moon was very rare though, even more rare than 'normal' blood bending.

As for people being able to bend lightning. Hey, the time progressed, meaning that more people had the access to finally be able to learn lightning bending, something I'm sure the fire nation didn't want just anyone to learn as they pleased. Now there isn't that issue, especially when the city uses electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Basically if I had to list the top 5 characters from both ATLA and LoK combined, all 5 would end up being from ATLA.

But then again, that's kinda unfair if I considered how many episodes/seasons ATLA has compared to LoK.

Still, even if LoK runs on for another 3 goddamn seasons I doubt my top 5 would change lol. Korra herself is probably my most hated character so she'll rank waaaay at the bottom, Mako and Asami are both equally retarded as far as I know and can sit at the bottom with Korra.

Lin and Tenzin (+ his kids) have some decent potential. Bolin is in the VERY unfortunate position of being instantly compared to Sokka and that doesn't usually end up being good for him...I guess he can be developed further.

I think my natural tendency to hate most LoK characters stems from the fact that I can't stand teenagers...each time Korra had a moodswing (or did something retarded based on a moodswing) I wish I was there to shove my foot up her beautiful ass.

I myself was a teenager once, but I had the strength to overcome that disability.
    Asami retarded? I can easily see why you'd hate Mako, but I never really felt there was anything wrong with Asami. Sure, she's a very uninteresting character, but at least she acts how you'd expect compared to Korra and Mako. She reacts the way she should when she sees her so-called boyfriend fawning over Korra, becoming angry at the right times when it's clear he'd be in bed with her if it wasn't a cartoon.

I'd hope they improve on her a bit, to give her an actual character later on in the series. Then again, I'm half-expecting for the first episode of Book Two to be Mako writing her a letter saying, "Welcome to Dumpville. Population: You."
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Lightning bending is just like how metal bending is now mainstream.. bending has advanced to a point where all have access to it. Just like how their society and shit has all advanced to being and snazzy and technological.

Or who knows, lighting bending was kinda water bending like, wasn't it?
    Fire bender had a baby with a water bender.. and instead of being a steam bender, they got a baby lightning bender!

Worst explanation ever, I know.

Deleted
    Yeah, like I said, it became more available to more people. Also, lightning bending is only available to fire benders, Ely.

And the Avatar too of course.