10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Upon watching him run from a bunch of people for stealing something.....

Wan jump ahead of the breadline
    Wan swing ahead of the sword
    I steal only what I can't afford
    (That's everything)
    Wan jump ahead of the lawman
    That's all, and that's no joke
    These guys don't appreciate that I'm broke.

BENDER! STREET RAT! PUN NAME! TAKE THAT!
    Just a little snack guys.
    (Rip him open, take it back, guys!)
    Gotta take a hint,
    gotta face the facts,
    you're my only friend, Mula!

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Upon watching him run from a bunch of people for stealing something.....

Wan jump ahead of the breadline
    Wan swing ahead of the sword
    I steal only what I can't afford
    (That's everything)
    Wan jump ahead of the lawman
    That's all, and that's no joke
    These guys don't appreciate that I'm broke.

BENDER! STREET RAT! PUN NAME! TAKE THAT!
    Just a little snack guys.
    (Rip him open, take it back, guys!)
    Gotta take a hint,
    gotta face the facts,
    you're my only friend, Mula!
    Glad I wasn't the only one who got a serious aladdin vibe from Wan's introduction.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Did they mention how many seasons/books LoK will have?
    Because with LoA we had Water, Earth, Fire. Now we have Air and Spirits. I wonder which one is next. Will they start over with water or will there be new ones?
    Book 6: Avatars? Lion Turtles? Cosmic? Karma? Balance?
    So far all book titles were bendable (water, earth, fire, air and spirit bending are all a thing....weirdly, only spirit bending has so far been something that non-avatars have been able to do together with their own bending (Unalaq spirit bending and water bending) Maybe the next books will also be bending techniques.

I am so psyched for this series. I hope the next series will be about Wan...he seems so much more interesting than Korra (no offence, because Korra is finally on the verge of becoming likeable for me)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

The first book should have been called Blood, but that probably would have spoiled the plot a bit.

The plan is to do four books of Korra. But this book we are on now is still technically season 1.
    It is stated that season 2 will be the next two books.

source:

Initially, Nickelodeon picked up Korra as a 12-episode miniseries. Their idea was to do 12-episode arcs that were more standalone than the original Avatar series. Mike and I were cool with this idea, as we had originally wanted the seasons to be 12 episodes long instead of 20, and creatively we liked the idea of doing tighter story arcs.

The original plan was that if Nickelodeon wanted more episodes, they would order them 12 episodes at a time. But while we were in production on Book 1, Nickelodeon decided to change their season lengths from 20 episodes (like Avatar had) to the more standardized international length of 26 episodes. They liked how Book 1 was coming out and decided to round out the order to fit their new 26-episode mold, and we got a 14-episode pick-up, which became Book 2.

Then, the network wanted even more Korra, so they picked up another order of 26 episodes. Mike and I wanted to stick with the shorter “books,” so creatively we are splitting the second order of 26 into Books 3 & 4, 13 episodes each.

What makes this even more confusing is that the network considers each block of 26 episodes a “season,” which is another reason we try to stick to calling these Korra arcs “books.” So for the network’s purposes, Books 1 & 2 are Season 1, and Books 3 & 4 are Season 2.
    The last two books will probably be Earth and Fire, I think "spirits" is standing in for air because it is kind of hard to do an air-centric story with all the air-benders dead.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-19 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Muh, the books are named after the main thing the avatar learns to bend that book. Unless they make up something new to bend for Korra I guess they'll have to break with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    Muh, the books are named after the main thing the avatar learns to bend that book. Unless they make up something new to bend for Korra I guess they'll have to break with that.
    Not really, the first book for Korra was water but she went into that season already having mastered water / earth / fire, and had to learn air.

So in a sense they already have broken it.

I think it was called water because the main villain of that book used blood bending, a form of water. Just like the main villian of this one is going to be spirits.

I think the name of the books is based on the villains for Korra is what I am getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Not really, the first book for Korra was water but she went into that season already having mastered water / earth / fire, and had to learn air.

So in a sense they already have broken it.

I think it was called water because the main villain of that book used blood bending, a form of water. Just like the main villian of this one is going to be spirits.

I think the name of the books is based on the villains for Korra is what I am getting at.
    No, her first book is Air. Korra learns air in her first book.
    So what Entitus said makes sense. So far all books have been about a bending technique that the avatar learns...and that is my reason for asking about what the next book will be called. She already mastered all 4 elements....well maybe not mastered, but she can use them all 4. And in this last book she is learning spirit bending.
    Last edited by Vasti; 2013-10-19 at 10:21 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    No, her first book is Air. Korra learns air in her first book.
    So what Entitus said makes sense. So far all books have been about a bending technique that the avatar learns...and that is my reason for asking about what the next book will be called. She already mastered all 4 elements....well maybe not mastered, but she can use them all 4. And in this last book she is learning spirit bending.
    Oh yeah, my bad, it was air.

i dunno, they could still go earth / fire and have Kora learn metal / lightning or other advanced versions of fire / earth.

Oh yeah, my bad, it was air.

i dunno, they could still go earth / fire and have Kora learn metal / lightning or other advanced versions of fire / earth.
    They could, but it would kinda break the spell (unless they name it Book 3/4: Metal/lightning)

What I find interesting is that the creation of a second avatar is technically possible. Somebody could merge with Vatu and became a "dark avatar". I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being Unalaqs goal.
    You just blew my mind.

Deleted
    He'd still have to find a way to release Vatu though, then survive the merging..

Korra does tell off Unalag with the line about how he's bitter about his brother fathering the Avatar. And if he does have a deep connection with the spirits, it would make sense that he thought of Vatu as a means of becoming an Avatar himself. Considering that Rava and Vatu's struggle is about the balance of light and dark, a dark Avatar would also fit into that.

Though, a big question to be asked is how Unalag would even know about Vatu. Which would mean Vatu is probably just pulling his strings with the bait of turning him into an Avatar.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

I like how Korra is a total petulant brat. It leaves a lot of room for her voice actor and the writers to have her grow threw experiences in the show. I think it will be interesting to see how it unfolds not just now, but threw the series.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I like how Korra is a total petulant brat. It leaves a lot of room for her voice actor and the writers to have her grow threw experiences in the show. I think it will be interesting to see how it unfolds not just now, but threw the series.
    But she was supposed to have grown from her ordeal with Amon! All the character development she supposedly went through in Air, including her "lowest point" was a complete waste as she has seemingly learned absolutely NOTHING from it...

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    But she was supposed to have grown from her ordeal with Amon! All the character development she supposedly went through in Air, including her "lowest point" was a complete waste as she has seemingly learned absolutely NOTHING from it...
    not true, she learned Air bending, and that is about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You just blew my mind.
    Wow, I didn't think of that... Wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    He'd still have to find a way to release Vatu though, then survive the merging..
    I reckon Vatu would gladly merge with Unalag considering how much control Unalag has over spirits and how much he wants to control the word.

I absolutely loved the two episodes "Beginning"(latest two). Those two episodes basically explained the whole story of Avatar. Kind of surprised they didn't explain how the avatar became sooner. But there two episodes alone made LoK fucking awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    We're still in Season 1 technically, Aang hadn't changed much by 12 episodes in nor did he during most of Book 1.
    Hey everyone

What I find interesting is that the creation of a second avatar is technically possible. Somebody could merge with Vatu and became a "dark avatar". I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being Unalaqs goal.
    I think you're onto something.

But on another topic, whats up with all the spirits just leaving the mortal world to go live in the spirit world just like that? You'd think they would have some problems leaving their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    We're still in Season 1 technically, Aang hadn't changed much by 12 episodes in nor did he during most of Book 1.
    How is it still Season 1 though? The Book ended, it had a finale and resolution, albeit a kinda lame one. Not to mention the long gap between Books, as there is between seasons.

And that doesn't matter either. Development isn't about what happens after a season, it's what happens after events in the character's life. Korra faced Amon, and other trials through Book 1. As of now, she's shown no retention to any of it. All that's carried over is the fact that she can airbend and go into the Avatar State.

Even still, Aang had good character building and development throughout the first Book himself.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Is it just me or does Raava in the Beginnings episodes remind you of the Naarru