10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm worried that due to its awkward timeslot it might not be getting the attention it deserves and wont recieve a follow up season(s).
    That would absolutely break my heart.
    Yea, I hate the time slot too but I guess as a kid I would def catch it every saturday. If you live in the US you can always check the nick.com site and watch there to give them official views.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I think we'll see Korra mastering airbending & learning how to use the Avatar State and enter the Spirit world when she will talk to Aang.

What's your usual site may I ask?
    I usually go to this site: http://www.1channel.ch/tv-2732358-Th...on-1-episode-8

Its a great site, basically like a free netflix. The first 2 versions are pretty good streams.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Metal bending, Lightning Bending and Chi Blocking all seems fairly common now, which kinda disappoints me. But with Lightning, I was under the impression that it was could be quite fatal and took a lot of training to master. Zapping people with it seems like it would be insta-death xD

But the Blood Bending was a huge surprise to me, Korra knowing of it, makes me feel like its become more common and that flash back of Aang and that guy in the court room, where it looks like everyone is in agony makes me think Tarrlok has something to do with that guy 40yrs ago :3
    Yea, these "Advanced" or 'forbidden" techniques seem more commonplace now. I think what Amon can do with the perma chi block is more like an advanced version of chi block. I do think Amon probably has something to do with Ty lee, or the Kyoshi warriors since she taught them that.

@Tarlok

I also had the suspicion that Tarlok might be Amon. He is a waterbender though, he used it in that raid, but we don't know for sure that Amon is a non-bender. I was also curious how tarlok could find a secret training camp so easily, cause the Equalists seem very careful to hide their tracks. I almost feel like he planned that whole thing, esp how it ended up as a success and gave Korra some courage which made her too cocky and eventually backfired when Amon confronted her. He also was in charge of protecting Aang Island when Korra went there alone and yet Amon and his crew somehow infiltrated it. Amon also targets mainly criminals, which would help Tarlok too as part of the council.

The recent "bloodbending" thing might help his chi blocking to permanently block flow to some chakra gates and "remove" the bending....permanently or just for a much longer time then normal.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Cant wait to see an adult Ty Lee...

She would be an old women at this point in time, ew
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm....just read the promise pt2.....is suki with sokka or is he on his own? Cause at the end mai breaks up with zuko at the fire palace cause she found out he's talking to ozai (suki told her) and she doesn't like him being secretive and then suki shows up and says she is worried about zuko and holds her hand out to hold his. Almost seems affectionate like she is into him, could that mean they become a couple and sokka gets pissed off? Could Amon be Zuko/suki's child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Something weird in the fighting patterns is, that somehow nobody wants to bend the material your opponment is bending anymore. Like never infight.
    Like those ice-missiles of Torlakk. Korra just tried to wall/evade/tank the damage.
    Katara and Aang proved that it's possible to "counterbend" even fast projectiles and use them against their opponents.
    I think that might be why I'm a little bit disappointed in Korras fighting style.
    I can't accept her as a "master of water" if she can not even use the basics.
    I really hope she'll at least use some more interesting combo-moves later in the series, and not just every element after each other like she use now. What a waste of talent imho.

While most benders we've seen so far are quite decent in offensive tactics, we rarely see any good defensive techniques anymore imho.
    Yeah that annoyed me as well. I was like "For god's sake just evaporate the ice shards"

I think it comes down to Korra's personality. She's not defensive at all, truely is the opposite of Aang who was always defensive

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Cant wait to see an adult Ty Lee...

lol and to the person disgusted we're on about a flashback when she'll be much younger. I always thought Azula was the most attractive of the 3 however

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Hmm....just read the promise pt2.....is suki with sokka or is he on his own? Cause at the end mai breaks up with zuko at the fire palace cause she found out he's talking to ozai (suki told her) and she doesn't like him being secretive and then suki shows up and says she is worried about zuko and holds her hand out to hold his. Almost seems affectionate like she is into him, could that mean they become a couple and sokka gets pissed off? Could Amon be Zuko/suki's child?
    Yeah I know what you mean, I was wondering about that part also. I'm not enjoying The Promise so much, it seems like a lot of character development stuff we've already been through. Zuko going to his father for help was kinda odd. You'd think he'd go to his uncle first. Although hopefully it will start lending some information/hints on LoK.

On another note, I'm kinda' hoping Amon will turn out to be an original character rather than the son of X and Y from TLA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I think the whole thing with Suki extending her hand to Zuko was symbolizing "I'm your friend and I'm here to help" or something of that sort. Suki and Sokka were still seen together in the first book while riding Appa during the fireworks ceremony, although not as affectionate as Aang and Katara.

I almost thought for a second that Tarloc was Amon. When I was watching it earlier, I could've sworn I saw Amon's reflection in the water that Tarloc was staring in. After his surprise with blood bending and suggesting to Korra that she knows nothing about him, I was just short of being convinced. Then I went back a rewatched the reflection scene to see it wasn't Amon. The picture wasn't too crisp. :[

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vavivo View Post
    On another note, I'm kinda' hoping Amon will turn out to be an original character rather than the son of X and Y from TLA.
    I am also hoping this. I like there being relatives to much-liked characters in TLA, but original characters are just as fun. I REALLY want to know what happened with Tarloc in the past. I rewatched those flashbacks a few times and it didn't make too much sense... but was happy to see Sokka!

Deleted
    I haven't really watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I do know the basics well enough to comfortably watch Korra.

Is it worth watching the previous series while waiting for Korra's episodes to air?

Also, am I the only one who notices a similarity between adult Aang in the flashbacks, and Michael DiMartino, the co-creator of the IP

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...89-640-653.png
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._DiMartino.JPG
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-06-03 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I haven't really watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I do know the basics well enough to comfortably watch Korra.

Is it worth watching the previous series while waiting for Korra's episodes to air?

Also, am I the only one who notices a similarity between adult Aang in the flashbacks, and Michael DiMartino, the co-creator of the IP

Yes, it's very well made and still one of my favourite programs if not my favourite

10+ Year Old Account
    was the flashbacks of aang,sokka and toph? :O I really wan't aang to talk to Korra that would be so interresting to watch :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with Korra as many of you have said is her failure to be defensive more often, her second issue though is spirituality and it's the fact she wants to be but is just to fiery in nature to understand that you need to be calm for the spirituality part as well.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    The soundtrack is impressively good too.

The soundtrack is impressively good too.
    Same with TLAB, I love Yangchen soundtrack (or whatever it is called). Also MoP soundtrack is quite close.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

go watch it, just do it.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfield View Post
    Same with TLAB, I love Yangchen soundtrack (or whatever it is called). Also MoP soundtrack is quite close.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6a5OHvhQTs

Godammit.... every time

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    oh yes, four seasons too...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, if you enjoy watching Legend of Korra, you'll like the original aswell. So i suggest watching it ^^

General Iroh was probably one of my favorite characters. I absolutely loved the episode Tales of Ba Sing Se. And the fact that they named Mako after the voice of Iroh, who's name was Mako, is awesome.

Deleted
    Off-topic slightly in terms of the current discussion, and IDK if it's already been mentioned, but Amon's voice actor is Steve Blum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I think the problem with Korra as many of you have said is her failure to be defensive more often, her second issue though is spirituality and it's the fact she wants to be but is just to fiery in nature to understand that you need to be calm for the spirituality part as well.
    Well it's either gonna be the avatar state that breaks her out of whatever hole she's being put in or Lin will show up as some sort of mysterious character. Though that might not be for a while yet

Well it's either gonna be the avatar state that breaks her out of whatever hole she's being put in or Lin will show up as some sort of mysterious character. Though that might not be for a while yet
    Spider-lin to the rescue

Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.