Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    To be fair, Gezan is much older and more experienced, hence why he was locked up in a maximum security prison. He's probably been lavabending for most of his life whereas Bolin only recently discovered that he could do it. Those guys were really out to kill, too (I think the show did a good job of portraying how deadly and serious they were) while Bolin seems to somewhat avoid confrontation if he can help it.

On that note, I'd like to add that I really think Kuvira is an underwhelming villain compared to Zaheer and his crew. She's a fascist, but she just doesn't feel deadly or dangerous other than the fact that she has an entire army behind her. Her bending, while certainly very good, doesn't seem unbeatable by any stretch.
    She is literally a dictator, the hitler of the avatar world. She is the most underwhelming villain in terms of physical involvement - but that doesn't make her underwhelming in general. She has an entire nation on her side and is planning to spread it towards everyone else. It's like the inspiration from this book was directly from WWII

As for Bolin, toph has been way more creative and invented metal bending at the age of 10 or however old she was (like 9 or something) age really isn't an excuse. Young people have the most creative minds in the world- an open book - while the older generation are stuck in their ways. Bolin should be breaking the boundaries more with lava bending instead of just leaving it at lava bending.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Because fuck how dangerous hurling lava at someone is... Lifting a rock, or bending metal to check someone isn't life threatening. Hurling lava is.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Because fuck how dangerous hurling lava at someone is... Lifting a rock, or bending metal to check someone isn't life threatening. Hurling lava is.
    There is no do overs from lava. It will always be fatal if you get hit.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Don't have that much to say about the episode. I'm kind of neutral. It wasn't especially problematic...but like...Bolin's lava bending at time's is too close to plain fire bending. And the one time Mako leaves the prince alone is the time he gets kidnapped by someone who conveniently works in a bathroom. And lol first conversation between those 3 is about letters and Asami's dead. Not "hey I heard you had a chance to end Kuvira's plight in a one on one duel."

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is no do overs from lava. It will always be fatal if you get hit.
    This is the universe where people can get hit with fire blasts in the face and walk away without as much as a missing eye brow. I'm sure lava should just sting a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    This is the universe where people can get hit with fire blasts in the face and walk away without as much as a missing eye brow. I'm sure lava should just sting a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Real ./10char
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/Prince_Zuko.jpg[IMG]
    And yet everyone isn't walking around with a scar like that one

10+ Year Old Account
    As Nick doesn't want this show to be RIDICULOUSLY too mature for kids, all deaths from bending are implied.

That doesn't mean there haven't been countless thousands during the Hundred Years War and other parts of history. Bending can be lethal, but this show is from Nick.

EDIT: Unless you are the Earth Queen holy shit

To be fair, Gezan is much older and more experienced, hence why he was locked up in a maximum security prison. He's probably been lavabending for most of his life whereas Bolin only recently discovered that he could do it. Those guys were really out to kill, too (I think the show did a good job of portraying how deadly and serious they were) while Bolin seems to somewhat avoid confrontation if he can help it.
    Yeah, considering how relatively new Bolin is to lavabending, I think he's doing quite well. I actually think his lavabending might be better than his pure earthbending.

I'm disappointed in Prince Wu this week; he's been a tool ever since his introduction, but based on his conversation with Mako after Kuvira usurped him, I expected him to start growing up some and showing some kind of character growth (however minor) in future appearances. Instead...nothing; he's the exact same moron he's been since day one and putting him in a house with Mako's family (specifically his royalty-worshipping grandmother) definitely isn't going to help improve him.

Really hoping to see Toph kick Kuvira's ass now, but there's a part of me that wonders if this is setting us up for Toph's demise to really push Kuvira as an irredeemable villain and maybe create some drama for Lin and Suyin over the loss of their mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    there's a part of me that wonders if this is setting us up for Toph's demise to really push Kuvira as an irredeemable villain and maybe create some drama for Lin and Suyin over the loss of their mother.
    I would say there's an 85% chance of exactly this. This show is not called Legend of Toph no matter how much I would prefer that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they won't kill Toph so soon. I would like to see a reunion of Toph and her daughters. However, she should dispatch the Earth Empire forces in her swamp, maybe with the help of the swamp people. Imagine several plantbender monsters attacking those bots... Kuvira would not be there, but Toph would have a little chat with her grandson Bataar.

Korra is getting better. I liked that she thought of using the spirit vines to locate Prince Wu. Still an ass, but Mako seems to have gained some ascendance over him. I wonder what will happen between Mako's granny and the Prince. Either the grand mother will see him for the twat he is, or Wu will finally understand something about the responsabilities he has towards his people. Or both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    And the one time Mako leaves the prince alone is the time he gets kidnapped by someone who conveniently works in a bathroom.
    Come on, we have seen that kind of scenario in James Bond and how many other movies.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Apparently the Korra and Asami lesbian theory is getting a lot of traction

http://i.imgur.com/U7kIkIo.png

- - - Updated - - -

Or Korrasami as the 15 year old girls on Tumblr say

korrasami is the fire that powers my heart <3

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...64/430/64e.jpg

and even when i stop fangirling over the korrasami, korra is just so fucking adorable here.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2014-11-15 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More ideas for a Avatar MMO if it was possible;

Water Tribe;
    Bender
    Maker
    Healer

Earth Colony;
    Bender
    Crafter
    Binder

Air Nomads;
    Bender
    Shaper
    Priest

Fire Nation;
    Bender
    Crafter
    Cleric

Speaking of the show I really want Toph to come back and bring some sense back into that one chick who made the Earth Kingdom.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    More ideas for a Avatar MMO if it was possible;

Water Tribe;
    Bender
    Maker
    Healer

Earth Colony;
    Bender
    Crafter
    Binder

Air Nomads;
    Bender
    Shaper
    Priest

Fire Nation;
    Bender
    Crafter
    Cleric
    It depends on the setting. Before Korra, the Air Nomads were peaceful and did not take part in world events or were even inexistent during the 100 Years War. Then there's the Avatar, who is neutral and would intervene in any conflict between nations (unless it is during the 100YW). Also, the two factions powerful enough to generate a conflict are the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation. In such a conflict, it is hard to imagine how the Water Tribe and the Air Nomads would be implicated (unless it is during the 100YW, but in that case, there would be no Airbenders).

In my opinion, the best setting would be just after LoK, in Republic City. It's the only known setting I see in which every type of bender would coexist and in which the Airbenders play an active role. There would be no faction like LotRO (so the Avatar would work with everyone) and each bender would be a class with two possible roles. Each class would have scripted stories, à la SW:TOR, with common story arcs and enemies (ex: Red Lotus or the Triad, etc.).

Roles for each class :

Waterbender : Ranged DPS, healer
    Earthbender : Tank, melee and short ranged DPS
    Firebender : Ranged DPS, melee and short ranged DPS
    Airbender : Tank (avoidance type), healer.

Possible non-bending classes (for the Sokkas, Piandaos, Varricks and Asamis out there):
    Warrior : Tank, DPS
    Artificer (steampunk-type fighter/medic) : DPS, healer
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Lol at sneak peak of next episode.

I thought they were just gonna leave Prince Wu at Asami's house until they took down Kuvira. Nope, let's waste screen time by training the bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As for Bolin, toph has been way more creative and invented metal bending at the age of 10 or however old she was (like 9 or something) age really isn't an excuse. Young people have the most creative minds in the world- an open book - while the older generation are stuck in their ways. Bolin should be breaking the boundaries more with lava bending instead of just leaving it at lava bending.
    Honestly I'd say Bolin's lack of ability with his lava bending comes from his generally gentle nature. He is constantly caring about others and not wanting to cause serious harm to them. Lava bending without extreme control or restraint could easily kill someone. Metal bending, spirit bending, and traveling to the spirit world doesn't put others in innate risk.
    The generating of lightning and lava bending both have innate dangers, but even the lightning has shown to act more like a taser than a legitimate lightning bolt in most cases. Contact with lava will cause fourth degree burns. Picture Bolin as a meat-eating variation of Aang, with hair and muscles, and less critical thinking. The same gentle nature. Now Aang wouldn't fire bend forever just due to giving Katara minor burns on accident. Imagine what would happen to Bolin if he actually killed someone with lava bending on accident, or in the very least removed one of their arms or legs. I don't think he's been doing very simple lava bending because he lacks imagination, he's been doing just area denial and somewhat empty threats with lava bending because he comprehends the danger it represents.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Sometimes i get the feeling Bolin can lava bend due to his mixed heritage mother being a firebender and father an earthbender. If this is the reason then maybe Mako is also a lava bender and yet they keep their own element fire/earth as a secondary trait. Would open the worlds bending up to new levels now different nations are mixing and marrying, imagine water+fire= something like boiling water ability for water benders and liquid plasma for firebenders and so on.

H

On that note, I'd like to add that I really think Kuvira is an underwhelming villain compared to Zaheer and his crew. She's a fascist, but she just doesn't feel deadly or dangerous other than the fact that she has an entire army behind her. Her bending, while certainly very good, doesn't seem unbeatable by any stretch.
    Mainly because for the majority of the seasons she's been portrayed as a well intentioned extremist wrapped in a political manner even with her prison camps.. She's done good and bad and even the things she's done that a legit no-no she can make situations appear like she's the hero.. So yea she hasn't seem villain like until now when we learned about her imprisoning non earth kingdom decent(which goes against her character and ideals) and has a super weapon but we really don't know exactly what she intends to do with it.. Plus it's more of a mental battle with Korra and Kuvira since they are modeled the same way..Kuvira is a darker version of Old Korra so both need balance which is probably why Korra might see Zaheer