Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I don't think Bataar Jr is a bender. At least, I have never seen him bend any earth or metal. Maybe that's why he is raging at his family, though his emo artsy brother (I believe) isn't a bender either.
    The emo brother is a bender, he was metal bending sculptures when first introduced.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't know it is kinda expected. LoK is showing the growth of technology in the world, it's only natural we would see rediculous weapon expanses.

But the one thing I hate that they never fucking explained and we should apparently accept as face value is spirit energy

Every god damn sentence has something to do with spirits and everyones like OH THAT EXPLAINS IT and I'm like NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T
    Here is how I understand it. The concept of "spirit" in Avatar is not the same as our western understanding of the term. In our western conception, spirits are immaterial : they have no shape or dimension, they are completely uncorporeal beings. In the world of Avatar, spirits are more material, which is to be expected in an animistic world. They have shape, you can touch them, they are not cut off from nature but are intrinsic parts of it. They can fade out in another dimension, they can instantly change position, they can change forms, but still they are tangible beings. You can even physically go to the spiritual world and live there. So the spirits must be made of something. Energy is a good candidate. In Avatar, every living being has energy coursing through it (the so-called "chi"). It even seems to be necessary to life. Since spirits are obviously living beings but are not physical, I suppose they are made entirely of "chi", that they can convert into matter in a shape that suits them.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    why can't they bend it exactly? the domes were bendable and that appears to be the material it's made of. unless they can somehow force demagnetization because that's the only reason platinum isn't bendable. as long as there's ferrous metal it can be bended. it seems more like a case of lolplot than anything. the spirit weapon, as we've seen, is chock full of delicate parts to easily sabotage and completely bendable.

speaking of platinum, in the book 3 finale korra is easily handling 600-700 lbs of platinum like it was nothing, if that gives you any idea of how she can manhandle a person in a chair.

i didn't really care for the interrogation scene, it was weak and forced, and they know what kind of person kuvira is after she fired at them, a complete 180 from their 1v1 where she used her metal plates to throw and trip korra instead of slicing her up.
    If you're talking about the chain that wraps her arm...sir its generous to say it is atleast 100lbs...an no where near 600
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

Kuvira thing got a whole lot more ridiculous. She needs a thin curly moustache.

she was clearly affected by the decision she had to make. We can even see her shove the emotional pain of her decision (and even more of her humanity) under her stoicism.

i really enjoy this villain.

Also concerning bartar jnr. His incessant talking and praise for Kuvira is what did him in. Korra realized his extreme emotional attachment and dependancy on her was his weakness, thats why she said "we're going about this the wrong way".

It didnt matter what the threat felt like to us. It was that to Bartar, it was his most horrifying nightmare ever and the very anti-thesis of his purpose and existence.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-12-13 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    I just feel like the mech would be extremely easy to actually take down for fire benders and earth benders. It's slow moving with an extremely limited range of motion, so getting in close shouldn't be a difficult. Bend the earth around its legs apart or down or back...whatever to cause it to lose balance then either fire bend or lightning bend repeatedly at the legs to dismantle them. Kuvira can't aim the weapon downward since it would destroy her mech at the same time, so have air benders knock any defending metal benders away and leave the actual damage to the other guys.

Seriously, in a world of things that can move quickly and efficiently AND destroy metal, that mech is fucking stupid.
    Metal bend the cannon shut and lightning bend the robot/pilot too. It's all metal.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Metal bend the cannon shut and lightning bend the robot/pilot too. It's all metal.
    Lightning would get grounded to the earth.

They needed a way for them to beat the mecha. With Kuvira's attempt to kill them all, this will make Bataar tell them how to defeat it, he will succumb to his injuries and die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lightning would get grounded to the earth.
    True, but it would pass through EVERYTHING first. Grounds are routed on the outside of a building through a rod and wires. If the ground is the mech itself, everything is getting electrocuted.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Your opinions on this?
    Could happen, and could not.
    People will be injured to.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    If you're talking about the chain that wraps her arm...sir its generous to say it is atleast 100lbs...an no where near 600
    i was eyeballing it at half a cubic foot of metal for cuff/chain condensed, it wraps around her entire forearm. that would be 667 lbs of platinum. the only problem is, re-watching the book 3 finale the sizes of the links change almost constantly from the moment she's chained up and onward. animation inconsistency. i think the message we can take away is, shit's heavy yo.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2014-12-14 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lets make it sound simple boys, everything can be solved with straight blunt bending. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Happy thoughts!
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    i was eyeballing it at half a cubic foot of metal for cuff/chain condensed, it wraps around her entire forearm. that would be 667 lbs of platinum. the only problem is, re-watching the book 3 finale the sizes of the links change almost constantly from the moment she's chained up and onward. animation inconsistency. i think the message we can take away is, shit's heavy yo.
    All the same, plat is dense, an I went to re-watch the finale for further reference. Technician by trade an ashamed I'm bout to eyeball this an not use precise measurements....
    >The chain links comparatively to her hand an forearm seems 3/8-inch in diameter
    >Length seems to be somewhere between 580-615cm?, which doesn't make sense as the ball on her forearm should of been much larger unless the chain snapped after she bent that rock at water arms
    >Her forearm seems like 30cm, an in certain close shots her skin can still be seen through the links, which again doesn't make sense with how much metal is on her forearm
    >My own forearm is 38cm, an roughly after 400cm my skin can't be seen through the links (using an 3/8inch iron chain) - Sketchy math is suspect
    >Took to blackboard with prejudice, grains or salt, an a piece of chalk.

My findings were the chain should weigh something close to 85kg, or 186lbs?

**Disclaimer** All equations are done off memory as I was too lazy double check lb/kg, in/cm etc etc
    Guess I'm some random

10+ Year Old Account

Was that Wei or Wing :S

given the size of the robot. you'd need a lot of electricity to ..actually no...its too goddamn big and most likely has fail safes.

Something that big will require a large number of metal benders, thats if they even live to get close enough. and thats IF they can metal bend something that huge fast enough before Kuv and her army swats them down. Thats IF they can over power Kuv's and her mens metal bending

I assume this is why she went for Zao. She captured the largest contigent of metal benders in the world. The liberty police are hardly prepared for something like this.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-12-14 at 09:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    given the size of the robot. you'd need a lot of electricity to ..actually no...its too goddamn big and most likely has fail safes.
    You really wouldn't, just enough to kill a person, which, as we've seen, anyone who can bend lightning can produce.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

Something that big will require a large number of metal benders, thats if they even live to get close enough. and thats IF they can metal bend something that huge fast enough before Kuv and her army swats them down. Thats IF they can over power Kuv's and her mens metal bending

I assume this is why she went for Zao. She captured the largest contigent of metal benders in the world. The liberty police are hardly prepared for something like this.
    It doesn't run on electricity, it moves with metal bending. It is basically a big metal suit that kuvira can manipulate, a mobile platform for the spirit weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    (video)

Your opinions on this?
    Could happen, and could not.
    People will be injured to.
    It all end with everyone of the cast being dead, and we see a baby boy/girl in an obvious earth family being born and we she a flash of Avatar State eyes just as the screen goes black...

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    It doesn't run on electricity, it moves with metal bending. It is basically a big metal suit that kuvira can manipulate, a mobile platform for the spirit weapon.
    It doesn't move with metal bending lol. If it could move with metal bending there wouldn't be a need to even devise a strategy. Just get Beifong family together and Korra in avatar state and they'd crush it just like Kuvira crushed her Great Uniter medal.

The metal bending you saw was Kuvira moving handles and levers because it looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It doesn't move with metal bending lol. If it could move with metal bending there wouldn't be a need to even devise a strategy. Just get Beifong family together and Korra in avatar state and they'd crush it just like Kuvira crushed her Great Uniter medal.

The metal bending you saw was Kuvira moving handles and levers because it looks cool.
    it looked obnoxious
    Guess I'm some random