Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    it looked obnoxious
    All hail the Great Uniter.

you guys didn't see the giant metal bearings in the consoles surrounding her in her control room? they even make a sound when they're rotating. kind of like ye olde trackball.

so predictions on deaths anyone?

Last season, final episode release, double feature. the time is ripe for death of any and all.

I'am assuming someone or the other used their bending to protect them all from the hit.

I'am going to assume battar jnr is alive atleast.

Bolin's or Wu's child is next avatar! j/k

Bataar Jr will be dead, is my prediction. He will survive the spirit cannon, but die after divulging how to defeat the giant mecha.

I say none of the important characters die. That includes Kuvira.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I say none of the important characters die. That includes Kuvira.
    I actually think Korra will kill Kuvira, if only to bring back a Kioshi type avatar.

Speaking of Kioshi, where in the hell are the Kioshi Warriors?!?
    BfA Beta Time

Lmbo, imagine if the great uniter got as many ships needed. To hoist Koshi island back to the main land. Because...bat shit Kuv's is about restoring what is "theirs"
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

10+ Year Old Account
    Man Kuvira was all torn up about her future hubby for all of... 4 seconds. At least we now know she's a complete psychopath.
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2014-12-15 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Man Kuvira was all torn up about her future hubby for all of... 4 seconds. At least we now know she's a complete psychopath.
    It's like she never wanted him at all.

"Oh well can get another man to fall for me" says Kuvira.

By the way, will Legend of Korra be released on DvD and Blueray?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Maybe that's what the re-education camps are really for.

"You WILL love me, ALL of you! WORSHIP ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    To be fair the plot has to be sped along because 13 episodes (comparing to TLAB 20-23 episodes a book) and it was like the last 30 seconds of the episode. We might see her grieve more next episode but we don't have that kinda time so yea.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Sneak peek is out
    everyone lived, looks like bataar jr was pretty banged up tho

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

By the way, will Legend of Korra be released on DvD and Blueray?
    this is very far from the truth.

Kuvira has never shown any negative reaction to any decision she has any made. She is also a massive stoic as a face to herself and her men. Such people are subtle with their expressions, but are experiencing and thinking like a storm inside themselves. To have any manner of reaction implies a great deal of turmoil within herself, that it broke through her solid barrier.

We saw her have an actual reaction to having to fire the canon and then immediately crush her reaction and her emotion underneath a veneer of stoicism again. It took a lot out of her and she used her will (and justifications for what she is doing) to push past it.

so no, its not "its like she never wanted him at all"

its more "another personal sacrifice i had to make for the good of the nation" with a side order of "losing what little remains of her humanity"

They have like every single main character in that factory building. I think they are going to be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To be fair the plot has to be sped along because 13 episodes (comparing to TLAB 20-23 episodes a book) and it was like the last 30 seconds of the episode. We might see her grieve more next episode but we don't have that kinda time so yea.
    Which is why you don't use that kind of plot device if you're running out of time. Instead of a potential big emotional moment in a series where you can humanize your antagonist like you've been trying to do with previous antagonists, you rush through it and make her appear even less sympathetic. They should not have even done it.

If they must have her still fire on her fiance, they could have at least had be in an accident and then have her struggling with the idea that she killed him in her drive for conquest, giving her more internal conflict.

she's not that sort of person. just like she did at the end. she accepts it as "a personal sacrifice in the name of progress as the great leader of this nation" and bury's it deep down along with her humanity. Making future atrocities even easier to do while more severe atrocities become more convincingly open to use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    she's not that sort of person. just like she did at the end. she accepts it as "a personal sacrifice in the name of progress as the great leader of this nation" and bury's it deep down along with her humanity. Making future atrocities even easier to do while more severe atrocities become more convincingly open to use.
    Except there were kinda signs that she's not really in love with BJ earlier in the same episode when he embraced her about the future wedding. Could be she's just with him for his smarts and connections to the Beifong family, who knows.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Except there were kinda signs that she's not really in love with BJ earlier in the same episode when he embraced her about the future wedding. Could be she's just with him for his smarts and connections to the Beifong family, who knows.
    Again I am going with yes she loves him but no there wasn't enough time to really establish that visually. Especially since nobody wanted any lovey stuff after the blow up of book 1 and that love square it had.

- - - Updated - - -

OH shit series finale is Thursday at midnight. So wait does that mean Tonight ?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

What fate do you think Kuvira deserves? I'm trying to think of something cruelly ironic for her but to be honest I'm not coming up with anything.