lemme just say, Legend of Korra is NOT anime.
    It is a fantastic show, but it is not Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirian View Post
    reported for trolling.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirian View Post
    Let more retard posts commence~!
    And reported

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait why the hostile reaction to the guy who's pointing out the funny title of this thread? It's true Avatar isn't an anime, it'd be like calling Justice League an anime. Did I miss some forum rule? Nothing on the first page o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's true Avatar isn't an anime,
    *facepalm*

Deleted
    Wait why the hostile reaction to the guy who's pointing out the funny title of this thread? It's true Avatar isn't an anime, it'd be like calling Justice League an anime. Did I miss some forum rule? Nothing on the first page o_O
    Because it's been mentioned about fifty times already in this thread alone and 99% of the time they're just provoking a fight over it's classification. Here's a hint. We don't care, use your opinion all you want, but if it's just another repost expect some flak for it.

Deleted
    Every time someone brings up the "This isn't an anime" stuff again, Zuko kills a kitten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Right. Well it's a bit sad that people get instantly reported under the assumption of "99% chance trolling" for something that's a point of genuine discussion and 100% related to the thread topic.

I had assumed it was widely accepted that only in Japan does the word "anime" refer to any and all animated production. Meanwhile in non-Japanese countries (i.e. 99% of the world) the word "anime" specifically refers to a Japanese production due to their distinct art and language style. All other 2D animation falls under the "cartoon" category. When I ask someone "do you watch anime?" I don't expect an answer like "well I sometimes watch Tom and Jerry", because that would be stupid :P

edit: uh oh zuko killed another kitten
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Aang probably very much hopes that he never has to go through with his Promise.
    Of course he does. If anything he would try to spook Zuko first. If he didnt stop acting out he would have to end him.

Oh. Right. Well it's a bit sad that people get instantly reported under the assumption of "99% chance trolling" for something that's a point of genuine discussion and 100% related to the thread topic.

I had assumed it was widely accepted that only in Japan does the word "anime" refer to any and all animated production. Meanwhile in non-Japanese countries (i.e. 99% of the world) the word "anime" specifically refers to a Japanese production due to their distinct art and language style. All other 2D animation falls under the "cartoon" category. When I ask someone "do you watch anime?" I don't expect an answer like "well I sometimes watch Tom and Jerry", because that would be stupid :P

edit: uh oh zuko killed another kitten
    Look at the art style of A:tlaB and Korra they are Anime, its an art style not all cartoons.

And If people would just read the thread they would see that this has come up before and that they are wrong.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You can call this whatever you want, call it an Anime, call it a cartoon... even call it a reality TV Show. Frankly I don't really care how you call it because it's an awesome TV Show that me and many others like to watch. And every time someone will point out again that it's not an Anime, Zuko loses a Pai show game against Iroh.
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-06-04 at 07:10 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    You can call this whatever you want, call it an Anime, call it a cartoon... even call it a reality TV Show. Frankly I don't really care how you call it because it's an awesome TV Show that me and many others like to watch. And every time someone will point out again that it's not an Anime, Zuko loses a Pai show game against Meelo.
    Besides, those posts contribute nothing to the thread so should be counted as trolling

Deleted
    I also really like how they have tasefully implemented steampunk elements in the series.

The weapon glove and the Equalist equipment are good examples.

It also creates this technology vs bending front, which is quite interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I also really like how they have tasefully implemented steampunk elements in the series.

The weapon glove and the Equalist equipment are good examples.

It also creates this technology vs bending front, which is quite interesting.
    Steampunk was definatly the best direction to go with elements being involved but it's always been used well since LoA

In other topics: Dammit Korra stop wanting Mako and go for Bolin =(
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-04 at 07:26 PM.

For me it's anime, for you let it be chicken soup if you want it to be that, WHO CARES? we certainly don't, this comes up every few pages, you must so original for pointing it out. AGAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Zuko is still alive in LoK, as Firelord he resigned, passed leadership to his daughter, and is now traveling the world.

Deleted
    I noticed that there's plenty of good info in the exploration website feature, I haven't done much of it but I'll get around to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YBT View Post
    Zuko is still alive in LoK, as Firelord he resigned, passed leadership to his daughter, and is now traveling the world.
    I really like that statue, it's much more humble imagery of the Fire Lord after all the aggressive and dominating Ozai statues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YBT View Post
    No offense to you but I think I said this like 4 times already :P haha nice for posting it thou

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    No offense to you but I think I said this like 4 times already :P haha nice for posting it thou
    Oh, sorry about that. I saw the few posting if Aang had to "deal" with Zuko in the Promise, so I brought this up :x