Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Love is not the same as sex, even though they are often related. You can love someone of the same sex without going into a sexual relationship (which was Plato's point regarding homossexuality btw).
    theres nothing sexual about being gay.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I recommend you stop feeding the troll, you know he will not listen to you, dont waste your time on him.
    Well, is he a troll or just genuinely a bigot? We'll never know. In any case, it's indeed the wisest decision to just ignore him.

- - - Updated - - -

Love is not the same as sex, even though they are often related. You can love someone of the same sex without going into a sexual relationship (which was Plato's point regarding homossexuality btw).
    Yet apparently simple handholding was enough for you to say that "the creators are shitting on the viewers"

15+ Year Old Account
    A whole different matter, but there are also psychotic children. "There is no way whatsoever seeing someone be psychotic could be bad for children because some children are psychotic.
    You know the Joker was made to entertain children, right?

Any-who, sex is a completely human thing, not an adult thing, and it's basically what we were put on this planet to do. You're born with the intent of getting laid and keeping the gene pool going. It's not religious, it's not adult, it's a basic point of life.

Then again, these are two chicks holding hands. If that's sexually explicit, then fuck...I'm a lot more sexually active than I previously thought.
    BfA Beta Time

gay people are not overtly sexual. they just are people.

difference between a gay couple and a straight couple? nothing

a guy and a guy and a girl and girl have the exact same relationship as a girl and a guy.

want to know how to write a good gay character? write a straight character and then just say they are gay.

gay people are the exact same as straight people
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

He's the first person in this whole forum that i've put on ignore. Jesus christ how can people be so ignorant

I'm not gonna answear every flame, taunt, ad hominem, false statement. It'd be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Again you dodge the question. Why is being gay bad? What negative consequences does it have? Psychotic children have negative consequences but what about gay children? Stop dodging the question already.
    I think i already told the answear to:
    Why is being gay bad?
    The question if homossexuality is in itself bad is an open one. I for one don't know. There are no hard facts that show that it's bad, or good or even indifferent.
    What negative consequences does it have?
    Regarding what harms them, some are very confident showing adult content doesn't harm children. I don't know what they're based on. It seems to me that in cases like this, when you don't really know, that is wiser to take a conservative stance and avoid things that aren't yet clear.
    I'm not dodging, maybe you're not paying attention or isn't satisfied with the answear i can give.

Deleted
    You say these things yet you keep judging being gay as a bad thing. You should probably stop contradicting yourself.

I was awestruck at the ending. It paralleled brunce wayne (Asami) + clark kent (Korra) settling for each other. It can mean they were lovers, or great friends in the end. The writers left it up to the viewer. It really does not matter. This was an awesome ending for the series, and a great and mature step for animation on television as a whole.

Since everytime I spend a few pages in this thread, like most threads on MMOC, I notice trolls or overly sensitive people vocalizing their unimportant opinion like its a fact. So I am sure, without reading the last few pages, there there is some geo-political/religious debate that has nothing to honestly do with the show, maybe criticizing lesbians or "exposing children to the gays" or whatnot. So I will not be coming back into this thread to avoid all that.

I would just like to state that it does not matter, debating it is pointless.

I am sad that the series I grew up, from the first which started before my high school years, is ending forever (potentially). The show did have its ups and downs. There were points which could have been improved, the way the writers who got so much shit from nickelodeon still managed to make an awesome series. Overly I am happy that the show ended the way it did. The universe they have created is rich and vast, with endless potential to develop new protagonists (from the future or the past of the events in korra), and there is certainly a potential for a new network to buy the franchise to pick it back up and whatnot. For for the time being, So long and thanks for all the fish team avatar.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    You say these things yet you keep judging being gay as a bad thing. You should probably stop contradicting yourself.
    I'm sorry but i made myself very clear. It's not my fault if you don't understand. Honestly, i think you do, you're the only one here that showed some sign of intelligence. You're just not happy with what i say.

I may repeat what i said a bit ago that we're not in a world of goodboyz pro homo vs evil homophobic hillbillies. Some people just have a less simplistic view of things without contradicting themselves.
    These questions are quite complex to be honest and would, in a real conversation, deserve a lot of attention.
    Here however is just a shade of conversation with all trolls and rationally deficient folks jumping in to make sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    You know the Joker was made to entertain children, right?

Any-who, sex is a completely human thing, not an adult thing, and it's basically what we were put on this planet to do. You're born with the intent of getting laid and keeping the gene pool going.
    Yeeeah... Then I wish Korra and Asami will make a lot of little children... Oh wait...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I know you're trying to be unserious here, but do you legitimately think this is not a thing you do with friends?
    No, no it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeeeah... Then I wish Korra and Asami will make a lot of little children... Oh wait...
    Hey, you're programed for sex to keep the species going if you're heterosexual, which kinda means sex isn't a bad thing any more than pooping, and kids get told that everyone poops when they're like...two.
    BfA Beta Time

No, no it is not.

Hey, you're programed for sex to keep the species going if you're heterosexual, which kinda means sex isn't a bad thing any more than pooping, and kids get told that everyone poops when they're like...two.
    You can be gay and still have that same drive to have children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I'm sorry but i made myself very clear. It's not my fault if you don't understand. Honestly, i think you do, you're the only one here that showed some sign of intelligence. You're just not happy with what i say.

I may repeat what i said a bit ago that we're not in a world of goodboyz pro homo vs evil homophobic hillbillies. Some people just have a less simplistic view of things without contradicting themselves.
    These questions are quite complex to be honest and would, in a real conversation, deserve a lot of attention.
    Here however is just a shade of conversation with all trolls and rationally deficient folks jumping in to make sound.
    Never have I seen someone seem so desperate to appear intelligent, yet come off as nothing more than a fraud.

Deleted

I know that this isn't one of those black and white cases, that there are alot of inbetween positions to take on the subject. Even so I'm just confused because you send alot of mixed signals. On one hand you say that you are fine with the decisions people make because it's their life (even though being gay is not a decision) then on the other hand you compare it to mental sickness. If you truly have a neutral and objective point of view then you don't really put gayness in the same category as a mental sickness. Maybe you didn't mean it that way and it was just a poor use of an example.

The creators were not shitting on the viewers from my point of view. I'm a heterosexual and don't feel shat upon.
    In any case, I agree that this isn't really the place to talk about it. Perhaps the most effective place to have this discussion would be in a church in Texas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You can be gay and still have that same drive to have children.
    Well aware, but the guy I was originally responding to said that sex isn't something he wants kids to know about and that it's an adult thing. My point was that even clean wholesome missionary hetero sex is a basic human drive that you were put here to do.
    BfA Beta Time

And now this has turned into a discussion on gays, sexuality, "Think of the children!", and many things not dealing with Korra. And basically has for the last 400 replies since the finale came out.

Have fun with your argument about gay sex warping children's fragile wittle minds. Time to unsubscribe from this.

Surely this gay vs not gay (or even "can girls hold hands without being into each other") topic can go to its own thread somewhere? I personally would love to discuss & read opinions about the series finale. Reading and arguing about whether it can be interpreted as X or Y is one thing, but having 3-4-5 pages about whether homosexuality is unnatural is not what i expected from this thread.
    We dream, we dream.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was disappointed by some of the bending, but I think that Bolin is the most useful bender outside the Beifong house.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome ending of the Korra story line.

The only issue I have with this season, is that it felt rushed, and that some story arcs didn't get the time they needed (especially Zaheer's part).

I also really liked how they made the korrasami thing suggestive enough, that if you looked into it it seems plausible, but also not obvious enough that it can be seen as a strong friendship (though honestly, dat long gaze at the ending makes in VERY hard to ignore imo).

I also don't understand Magemaer's standpoint, what's harmful about a homosexual love relationship ? You act as if sex is directly implied. Children don't care/know about sex enough that sexual orientation matters.

It's about love, and gender doesn't really matter.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

I was disappointed by some of the bending, but I think that Bolin is the most useful bender outside the Beifong house.
    What about tenzin? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHlqmwI-Bd0
    We dream, we dream.