15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    We also have to consider that Korra had to go through A LOT worse shit than Aang ever did. Aang had to go over the trauma of his friends and family being killed while he was on ice. A big trauma sure, but then, lets sum up all the things korra had to go through with:

Her bending got taken, She lost her connections with the avatars and Zaheer crippled her body and spirit, leaving her physically and mentally broken. And she has many people doubting her in all for what she's done. Then Tenzin and the president are basically saying "you're no longer needed" and the world goes on to solve their own problems without her intervention, essentially removing her main reason to live. Do remember that being the avatar meant everything to her, unlike Aang to treated being the avatar as a chore (At first anyways).

I can't imagine aang reacting well if he had to go through even half the shit Korra did. Even his first love/crush went off perfectly, whereas korra had to watch her first crush (Do remember she lived in total seclusion during her entire childhood) reject her at first, and when he accepted her, she had to watch her relationship fall apart because it wasn't as perfect as it seemed on the outside.

So excuse moi for korra developing a bit of angst about it, any normal human being would, instead of shrugging it off like a mary sue and walk towards the sunset with a big goofy smile from ear to ear like an idiot.
    In Aang's defense, he went trough quite some too. I think you are trivializing the fact that he lost everything and everyone he ever cared for when he was frozen. He woke up to a world that had been at war for 100 years, where is entire civilization had been wiped out and where virtually nobody cared for or believed in the avatar. He had to learn how to bend 3 additional elements in one year without even a clue as to where a master could be found to teach him. He also got wrecked (maby killed) by Azula in Ba sing se and had to recover for a while too.

Honestly, I think that comparing Aang with Korra doesn't do right to both characters. We chronologically followed Aang for just over a year in the series, but followed Korra for multiple years. They dealt with their problems during different phases in their lifetime and had very different variables. Korra grew up in a world that was pretty much in balance, and Aang had to deal with the sh*tstorm Roku left behind with 100 years of war to settle, in a year.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Can you imagine the conversation between Mako and Bolin when Korrasami gets back?

Bolin: Mako, what's up with you? You're not wierded out by this?
    Mako: Not really, my fantasies are just that much closer to reality now. Just a good night with a jug of Earth Kingdom whiskey and *nudge nudge*....
    Bolin: *Jaw drops* That's true.... Man.....
    Mako: What about you? You've never thought about a group thing with your exes?
    Bolin: *Imagines asking Eska and Opal to get together and subsequently see's Eska's sadistic passion face in the moment that suddenly pans over to Desna's* Yeah.... not quite the same thing I think.....

I really REALLY wish we'd get a sequel in the form of a videogame.

Bioware style, with lots of conversations, choices, RPG elements, but Action-RPG combat (Think Kingdom Hearts) based maybe hundreds or thousands of years into the past, were we either witness, or take part of, the creation of the Order of the White Lotus. Where we'd be able to choose the gender and nationality of our Avatar, and the first 3 or 4 hours vary depending on which nation is our home (Like the different playable prologues in Dragon Age Origins). Being able to explore entire (or at least most) nations open-world style like on Skyrim. A trilogy of sorts were we get to explore all of the north or south water tribe on one, all of the earth kingdom on another, and all of the fire nation on another (Not necessarily on that order) with each game featuring an air temple.

With the peerless talent of Bryke at the helm with the writing, but instead of using fancy photorealistic graphics, it uses instead a more anime-like Cel-Shading style (Similar to Dragon Quest VIII). Each game would be a different "Book" with an estimate duration of 20 to 40 hours of gameplay, sweeping cinematics, and the typical emotional torque that only this show could produce on their viewers.

Man that's a pretty dream :'(

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    So sad this ended
    And they said they aren't making more Avatar stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't understand what you are getting at. The gun is platinum she could not bend it.
    Exactly, but she aimed at Korra.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    She just found it hanging there. As Zito already sayed in the post you qouted incomplete:
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't understand what you are getting at. The gun is platinum she could not bend it. She was banking on korra following the sound of her voice to get her in the right spot.
    What is there not to understand ?
    Last edited by bloodkin; 2014-12-22 at 09:00 PM.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMeckus View Post
    So sad this ended
    And they said they aren't making more Avatar stuff
    Never say never, I'm sure given the right opportunity a few years down the road they may reconsider. It's their creation, wouldn't you care about your creation?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Never say never, I'm sure given the right opportunity a few years down the road they may reconsider. It's their creation, wouldn't you care about your creation?
    Well for now I think they are burnt out, they've been working on this thing for like 11 or 12 years. But even if they do decide they eventually want to return I don't think Nick will want another series and they control the copyright, not just cause Korra underperformed in ratings after Book 1 but also cause Avatar has never been able to move Merch other than DVDs and artbooks. And that's what Action Cartoons exist for in the eyes of the networks, I am honestly surprised both series got full runs considering that.

LOL Guess I was wrong. It won't be ten years until the creators address this at an airport to a TMZ reporter.

Michael Dante Dimartino confirms the korrassami relationship.

http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr....rra-and-asamis

Well, there we go.

So now we know it was mostly Nick that was holding back from what they could do.

I mean, even if they were planning it for the last two seasons, at the very least, it was totally obvious at the beginning of this one. I always chuckled at people who said there was no indications it was a thing.

it was pretty obvious, but getting a direct confirmation is wonderful just to really cement it. hopefully there will be comics about their adventures together.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why did you ignore half of what I said

-.-
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    LOL Guess I was wrong. It won't be ten years until the creators address this at an airport to a TMZ reporter.

Michael Dante Dimartino confirms the korrassami relationship.

http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr....rra-and-asamis
    Co-Creator Bryan Konietzko weighs in as well:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/pos...ate-it-embrace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Co-Creator Bryan Konietzko weighs in as well:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/pos...ate-it-embrace
    I wonder how Mako grew up in his relations with Asami and Korra. Well, you can say he "grew up" to become one of the weakest characters in the show... Anyhow, in Season 1, I always thought that Korra and Bolin would have made a better couple than Korra and Mako.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! confirmation, ohhh sweet sweet confirmation =D

Naysayers still in denial?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I wonder how Mako grew up in his relations with Asami and Korra. Well, you can say he "grew up" to become one of the weakest characters in the show... Anyhow, in Season 1, I always thought that Korra and Bolin would have made a better couple than Korra and Mako.
    Well hopefully he's learned to not be wishy washy in the future, especially since we all know he and Wu will be a thing, obviously....

Anyway official confirmation makes me very very happy.
    Last edited by Mgann-Morzz; 2014-12-23 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last thing I'm going to say about Korrasami simply because I would like the senseless debate over it too end but anyhow I really don't see how people don't see a "Buildup" to korra and asami's relationship here's a pretty convincing link with pictures http://queen--asami.tumblr.com/post/...o-build-up-and

Also as I stated before it was way less rushed / forced then mako and korra I can't even fathom how people can say that mako and korra wasn't more forced mako and korra met each other in episode 2 they kissed in episode 4 of book 1. Korra met asami in episode 4 I believe meanwhile they went from being rivals in book1 to "loose" friends in book2 to best friends in book 3-4 to the "Start" of possibly a romantic relationship at the end of book 4.

My biggest downer for book 4 was the fact that Bolin and korra didn't say a single thing directly to each other the entire freaking season like wtf how didn't people not notice that?
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2014-12-23 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Bolin and korra

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    She just found it hanging there. As Zito already sayed in the post you qouted incomplete:

What is there not to understand ?
    Rewatch it, Kuvira turned it slightly before firing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it just ended but going through withdraws knowing there is not going to be any more avatar cartoons made. hate how they end good cartoons. The first Avatar, He-man 2000, Justice League, Young Justice, Star Wars Clone Wars, Sym-Bionic Titan, Wolverine and the X-Men some shows that ended way to soon along with Korra.

I do not watch live action TV. I like to watch fantasy shows not reality shows Thats why i like cartoon shows better than any CSI Cop, Lawyer Fireman Doctor shows. And to see them go away makes me a sad.

Asami was a duplicitous spy when Mike and I first conceived her character. Then we liked her too much so we reworked the story to keep her in the dark regarding her father’s villainous activities
    I KNEW IT

I always felt Asami was going to turn 180 and betray korra and the gang in book 1 but they did a last minute change. Fucking knew it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.