Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wrong gender
    Is that a spoiler?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Legend of Korra Season 1 - 7/10

A good start to the series, lacking in threats and almost no worldbuilding at all, and the cast of characters are small. Regardless, I found the twist and turns to keep me invested, and Korra's development herself is gripping. Overall, shaping up to be a really good anime (*cough* anime purists not calling it anime *cough cough*) animated series, going to watch season 2 later this weekend!

For some reason, Make and Korra kissing this soon makes me think their relationship is not going to work out; there's four more seasons, which doesn't make for good romantic drama (unless the writers actually explore the hardly explored mine of keeping a relationship together as opposed to just the will they or won't they get together part). She's not gonna get together with Bo Lin either, so I'm going to keep an eye on the new guys that get introduced... assuming any new guys get introduced.
    I've only seen 1 anime where the focus was on relationships and it was probably the best non action anime I ever saw ranking in the top 10 anime of all time.

I've never understood why close to no artists try to touch the subject of making a relationship work, I know it's hard to keep it interesting...but there aren't even any attempts at it.

Is that a spoiler?
    just uh, you know, eyes and keepin on stuff.. and uh..

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Season 2 Episode 1 - How could you Korra? Tenzin loved you! Tenzin did what he did not just to boss you around for pushiness' sake; he did it for YOUR sake! How can you be so blind? Yes, he's stern but everything he told you to do was to benefit and protect you! And the worst part is, that Tenzin WANTED to do it; he wouldn't have put up with your sassy attitude otherwise, and you just threw him aside? WOW, that's cold. *tears*

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so you know, Season 2 is really shit. Just know it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I've only seen 1 anime where the focus was on relationships and it was probably the best non action anime I ever saw ranking in the top 10 anime of all time.

I've never understood why close to no artists try to touch the subject of making a relationship work, I know it's hard to keep it interesting...but there aren't even any attempts at it.
    its not hard as long as you keep conflict external instead of internal. Nick and Nora did it. Mummy 2 was great at it. sitcoms occasionally venture into that territory. it just lazy way of keeping conflict going by making it a conflict between your characters instead of figuring out interesting challenges to throw at them that they can face together.

that said.. unpopular opinion I personally saw zero indications of romance in end game relationship until season 4. in that season they started to set it up in an earnest, but before that? zero romance in sight. I don't mind it, becasue friendship to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and they DID take a full season to actualy set it up, I just kinda have to side eye people who keep claiming that this was set up starting with season one. nope. not seeing it. at all.

P.S. Kora was on amazon since last year. not sure exactly when they added it, but I know it was already there during winter, cause I marathoned it during my free months of prime trial

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Just so you know, Season 2 is really shit. Just know it gets better.
    I'm actually enjoying it; a nice break from the straight up political-detective thriller of the first season. VACATION-TENZIN!

For some reason, Make and Korra kissing this soon makes me think their relationship is not going to work out; there's four more seasons, which doesn't make for good romantic drama (unless the writers actually explore the hardly explored mine of keeping a relationship together as opposed to just the will they or won't they get together part). She's not gonna get together with Bo Lin either, so I'm going to keep an eye on the new guys that get introduced... assuming any new guys get introduced.
    Well, I have two comments about this. Read the first one only after you finish watching season 2. Then only read the second spoiler after you finish season 4.

Mako and Korra kissed on the first season because originally, that's all there was going to be of the show. The producers faced a ridiculous amount of hostility and skepticism over their decision to make the protagonist a girl. The reasoning given to them was "That traditional TV wisdom dictates that girls are willing to watch a show about boys, but boys are NOT willing to watch a show about girls". Which is a load of shit but what can you do? :/

So that's why Mako and Korra kissed, because originally they barely got the funding and approval to produce exactly one season, and that's all there was going to be, with future seasons commissioned if the first one proved successful. Since they didn't know if season 1 was gonna be a hit or not, they decided to hook up Mako and Korra (At the last minute no less) and tie up and wrap up the story as much as they could, because this was going to be a self-contained season. The wild popularity of the show opened the way for 3 more seasons, so that's why they split them up in season 2. And its also why the story of season 2 3 and 4 tie themselves together, whereas season 1 was a self-contained story.

Spoiler for season 4:

Yep. Korra is apparently bi. So is Asami :P Bet you didn't see that coming. Unless you paid attention in seasons 3 and 4. In which case you were more wondering "they wouldn't dare".

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Well good for then i guess.
    Still not going to watch it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Funny was just going to revisit season four. My favorite season because of Kuvira. She is one of my favorite villains - great example of how misguided security policy and a desire for unity and order evolve into a dictatorship. The opposite of seasons threes rebel Zaheer - also great btw.
    High standard for a animated kids tv show imo.

Season 2 Episodes 1 - 7... what happened? S1 so serious and kept me invested, and here I am in a joke fest.

S1 comic relief was heartwarming, and did well to offset the ominous tone of the equalist plot. Tenzin was the best; it gave him a tender side and some added depth the character.
    S2's comic relief seems to be just... jokes for funniness' sake. Here, it's mostly just Bo-Lin and Varrick doing stupidly funny things, because that's what they do. The Tenzin story it's good enough to stand on it's own; they didn't need to add in the two weird twins, the whole faux marriage plot, and so on (yes, I will admit it's pretty funny, but coming off of S1 the contrast is jarring).

I hear S4 has the same seriousness as S1, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Season 2 Episodes 1 - 7... what happened? S1 so serious and kept me invested, and here I am in a joke fest.

S1 comic relief was heartwarming, and did well to offset the ominous tone of the equalist plot. Tenzin was the best; it gave him a tender side and some added depth the character.
    S2's comic relief seems to be just... jokes for funniness' sake. Here, it's mostly just Bo-Lin and Varrick doing stupidly funny things, because that's what they do. The Tenzin story it's good enough to stand on it's own; they didn't need to add in the two weird twins, the whole faux marriage plot, and so on (yes, I will admit it's pretty funny, but coming off of S1 the contrast is jarring).

I hear S4 has the same seriousness as S1, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.
    season 2 killed the show, only reason it didnt get cancelled is because the show only technically got renewed for 1 season but the creators broke the rest of season 1 into its own season and season 2 into 2 seasons.

technically seasons 1 and 2 are season 1 and 3 and 4 are season 2 contract wise
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

season 2 killed the show, only reason it didnt get cancelled is because the show only technically got renewed for 1 season but the creators broke the rest of season 1 into its own season and season 2 into 2 seasons.

Hmm, that explains how they managed to release season 4 so soon after 3.

Deleted

Season 2 killed the show? While a decent enough anime/cartoon, it's was a boring shitfest of bad character development with so much unneeded drama. I was surprised it even got a season 2...although I'm not happy with calling them "seasons" as it's just 12 episodes, less than half of many other good anime shows.

So... Korra has a crush on Mako, Mako starts getting it on with Asami, Mako dumps Asami and goes for Korra, Korra dumps Mako, Mako starts getting it on with Asami again, Korra gets mind wiped and has a crush on Mako, and now Mako very well might go for Korra again (assuming she doesn't suddenly remember she dumped him)... and supposedly Korra is going to go for a girl, which means she and Mako won't happen...

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS PEOPLE!

So... Korra has a crush on Mako, Mako starts getting it on with Asami, Mako dumps Asami and goes for Korra, Korra dumps Mako, Mako starts getting it on with Asami again, Korra gets mind wiped and has a crush on Mako, and now Mako very well might go for Korra again (assuming she doesn't suddenly remember she dumped him)... and supposedly Korra is going to go for a girl, which means she and Mako won't happen...
    Just one of the many reasons the original series was better.

Though season 1 of Korra was alright, I guess. Helped that Amon was a pretty good villain. He was scary enough without his bending, even just with his rhetoric, but on top of that he was probably the most OP non-avatar or fire comet-empowered bender we've seen. I bet he could've carried 4 (or 2, whatever you wanna call it) seasons by himself. But instead they killed him off.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Honestly, like I may have said here before, the original was way better. I don't like how easily everything comes to korra. She had a real struggle for once with airbending, and even That gets taken away and made a joke with her losing the rest of her bending. But wait! The long, insightful journey with a difficult choice Aang had to make for the avatar state, that he didn't master until the Last episode, is just skipped over as Once again as Korra just knows it.

I did enjoy the fact that they went over the origins of the avatar. The rest while interesting, was just lacking. We don't even get to see how the Rest of the world is after the war. Its purely one city and that is it. Heck, we don't even know about Sokka afterwards! If they do a third series, I hope its vastly better.

Even re-watching the series a second time, that ending was way from left field with little to no build up before the final season.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Korra Season 2 - 4/10

Wow, what a downfall after S1. I did enjoy learning the backstory of the Avatar, but the plot and execution of book 2 was crap. The battles held no suspense, since you knew in the end the consequences would be no more than temporary imprisonment (This didn't need to be so for S1, since Amon's whole shtick was defeating his opponents without ever actually needing to kill them or use bending, which made him all the more intimidating because of his sheer skill), and the fluid animation from S1 apparently didn't carry over.

The plot was also inconsistent; so Vatu and Rava can't exist without each other, meaning that when Vatu apparently "killed" Rava by beating her to death, she didn't die, thus allowing Korra to later on rip Rava out of Vatu's giant body and become the Avatar again, but when Korra exorcises Vatu, he's absolutely no where to be seen (not even mentioned) after the fact, so did he die? He can't die, because Rava is still around (Rava and Vatu can't exist without each other), so where'd he go? Wouldn't he be out corrupting more spirits? If so, why did Korra leave the spirit world open knowing full well that Vatu would corrupt any spirit coming into the mortal realm to try to exterminate the human race?

Though considering S2 is regarded as the weakest season, that means the lowpoint of the series is behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly, like I may have said here before, the original was way better. I don't like how easily everything comes to korra. She had a real struggle for once with airbending, and even That gets taken away and made a joke with her losing the rest of her bending. But wait! The long, insightful journey with a difficult choice Aang had to make for the avatar state, that he didn't master until the Last episode, is just skipped over as Once again as Korra just knows it.
    Might watch the original series for that very reason, though the dated animation may get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If they do a third series, I hope its vastly better.
    Any word on a third series?

- - - Updated - - -

Also funny; during the climatic battle of the season 2, when the demon spirits are attempting to get to Korra's body in the tree, Tenzin didn't bother creating a wind tunnel to push all of them out of the opening, or his sister raising an ice wall to block off the opening, and so forth. I'm going to assume that's because that's the extent of their powers, but it's weird considering this series hasn't done anything to explain specific limitations on bending abilities.

The animation isn't really all that outdated tbh for the first series. And no, I haven't heard anything about a third series. Just that after Korra, they are taking a break. I wouldn't really hold my breath sadly. The Korra didn't do too well from what I could tell. The last season was online only if I recall properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Korra Season 2 - 4/10

Wow, what a downfall after S1. I did enjoy learning the backstory of the Avatar, but the plot and execution of book 2 was crap. The battles held no suspense, since you knew in the end the consequences would be no more than temporary imprisonment (This didn't need to be so for S1, since Amon's whole shtick was defeating his opponents without ever actually needing to kill them or use bending, which made him all the more intimidating because of his sheer skill), and the fluid animation from S1 apparently didn't carry over.

The plot was also inconsistent; so Vatu and Rava can't exist without each other, meaning that when Vatu apparently "killed" Rava by beating her to death, she didn't die, thus allowing Korra to later on rip Rava out of Vatu's giant body and become the Avatar again, but when Korra exorcises Vatu, he's absolutely no where to be seen (not even mentioned) after the fact, so did he die? He can't die, because Rava is still around (Rava and Vatu can't exist without each other), so where'd he go? Wouldn't he be out corrupting more spirits? If so, why did Korra leave the spirit world open knowing full well that Vatu would corrupt any spirit coming into the mortal realm to try to exterminate the human race?

Though considering S2 is regarded as the weakest season, that means the lowpoint of the series is behind me.

Might watch the original series for that very reason, though the dated animation may get to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also funny; during the climatic battle of the season 2, when the demon spirits are attempting to get to Korra's body in the tree, Tenzin didn't bother creating a wind tunnel to push all of them out of the opening, or his sister raising an ice wall to block off the opening, and so forth. I'm going to assume that's because that's the extent of their powers, but it's weird considering this series hasn't done anything to explain specific limitations on bending abilities.
    I told youuuuuu