Damn this episode was so awesome, Amon was so badass this episode, you guys got any theories on how he resisted Tarlokk's Bloodbending?
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    My solution is still that he is just the supreme badass of the world.
    Or, somehow, BIG SPOILER SPECULATION:

He's Aang after losing his bending. It may be possible that the next Avatar can trigger if the previous Avatar loses his bending in addition to the previous Avatar dying. Considering Aang seemed to have no qualms about using Energybending, it's possible that someone beat him around the time Korra was born. It may also explain why Korra is having such a hard time learning airbending as well as contacting her previous lives: because Aang is still alive and, therefore, is a 'missing link' in the Avatar cycle.

I probably over thought that, but, hey, speculation is fun!

Also, there is a new episode next week called Turning the Tides. The finale two weeks from now is actually two episodes: Skeletons in the Closet and Endgame.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-06-09 at 05:27 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember [.spoiler][./spoiler] on the new stuff for the show for now, not everyone has seen the new episode.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    There is gonna be a new season. And maybe another after that if the show really succeeds.
    The second season was not planned from the beginning, but later Nick asked for it so here's hoping they do it again for a 3rd season! Korra is really really good, I hope we see many more!

Firstly I just want to say that Mako's probably my least favorite character to have ever been animated. He's the absolute definition of a douchebag. From "I'm with Asami, y u kiss me" one episode to "if you keep accusing Asami's dad then our friendship is over" to "I was so worried for you Korra, you're safe now, etc etc."

I don't get involved with that shipping garbage but what kind of a hole is that damn selfish.

As for Amon theories, I don't think he's anyone we know--that would be too hacky. The faceless villain is always more intriguing and less disappointing than the known villain. But as for why he's intent on keeping Korra alive and leaving her bending intact--if Amon's true goal is the "equalization" of all benders into non-benders, then he's probably waiting for Korra to enter the Avatar State so he could kill her in it and end the Avatar line of succession. The Avatar is the bridge between the spiritual and physical world and to end bending for good Amon is going to need to sever the spiritual and physical link. It's the only thing that makes sense.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-06-09 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That episode was amazing...Aang avatar mode, amon, tarrlok, sokka, toph....korra not being the center of attention till the last few minutes...what else could you want :O

At least we know amon and tarrlok arn't the same person :P

Bolin trying to go to the toilet aswell ! :P

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-06-09 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    We know how Tarlok is able to blood bend during the day, but how is his father able to pull it off? Good water bending genes?

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Firstly I just want to say that Mako's probably my least favorite character to have ever been animated. He's the absolute definition of a douchebag. From "I'm with Asami" one episode to "if you keep accusing Asami's dad then our friendship is over" to "I was so worried for you Korra, you're safe now, etc etc."
    He always stricked me as a bit of tool as well. Especially with the latest ending. I normally don't pay much atttention to shipping as well, but I'm actually hoping he doesn't end up with Korra, since KorraXMako seems like a inevitable cliche relationship.

Also the VOA for the adult gang from TLA is bad. Specifically Sokka's.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-06-09 at 06:24 PM.

I agree, Mako is my least favorite character. He's just so dull.
    He's Aang after losing his bending. It may be possible that the next Avatar can trigger if the previous Avatar loses his bending in addition to the previous Avatar dying. Considering Aang seemed to have no qualms about using Energybending, it's possible that someone beat him around the time Korra was born. It may also explain why Korra is having such a hard time learning airbending as well as contacting her previous lives: because Aang is still alive and, therefore, is a 'missing link' in the Avatar cycle.
    That theory could be correct, since Amon has pale skin and so does Aang. But Aang would need to be like what, 90 years old or something?
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Pretty sure he might be a waterbender (just a theory).
    I wouldn't be surprised - remember in "the puppet master", when Katara countered the inkeepers bloodbending with her own bloodbending at the very end. She was able to stand herself back up and bloodbend the inkeeper.

- Also, loved how Chief beifong used metalbending to zip up bolin's pants lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Agree. Toph's was alright but Aang's was nothing like I thought it'd be. Same with Sokka.

I wonder if they could have just VO'd the original artists and did a little postprocessing to age them up. The creators of South Park make kid voices just by speeding up recording of adult voices; could have worked in reverse as well I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a really awesome episode.

Guess I was wrong when I thought Tarrlok was going to be the big bad this season, but Amon just kicks ass. Amon and Tarrlok being brothers or rivals is highly unlikely now. I wonder what Amon truly is since bloodbending didn't affect him much.
    Black Lives Matter

Aang should have gotten a goofier voice actor, Sokka should've been played by the voice of his dad and Toph's was fine IMO.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Or, somehow, BIG SPOILER SPECULATION:

I probably over thought that, but, hey, speculation is fun!

Also, there is a new episode next week called Turning the Tides. The finale two weeks from now is actually two episodes: Skeletons in the Closet and Endgame.
    Aang has no motive though... and besides who would be able to take his bending away? Aang is the only person so far that has been able to use energybending and it hasn't been confirmed that Amon is energy bending. Not to mention that so far the show has only stated that a new avatar is triggered when the previous one dies. Not just when their bending is taken. It's like you don't know Aang at all He definitely wouldn't go around stealing people's bending that didn't deserve it, AKA Korra.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    We know how Tarlok is able to blood bend during the day, but how is his father able to pull it off? Good water bending genes?

He always stricked me as a bit of tool as well. Especially with the latest ending. I normally don't pay much atttention to shipping as well, but I'm actually hoping he doesn't end up with Korra, since KorraXMako seems like a inevitable cliche relationship.

I don't know... I thought Toph was pretty good, and I personally think Sokka was perfect. Although, Aang is kinda weird. When old Aang spoke I fully expected him to sound like his 12 year old self haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vavivo View Post
    Ahhhh 2 weeks. This is going to be a painful wait
    There is still an episode next week, Nick is just advertizing the season finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Aang has no motive though... and besides who would be able to take his bending away? Aang is the only person so far that has been able to use energybending and it hasn't been confirmed that Amon is energy bending. Not to mention that so far the show has only stated that a new avatar is triggered when the previous one dies. Not just when their bending is taken. It's like you don't know Aang at all He definitely wouldn't go around stealing people's bending that didn't deserve it, AKA Korra. [COLOR="red"]
    Perhaps people like Tarrlok, Yakone, and even Ozai are Aang's motive. Perhaps he became disillusioned with people abusing their bending. As for Amon not Energybending, it's possible it is something else (Advanced chi blocking?), but the way Amon and Aang, as shown in this episode, remove bending has the same form. As for not knowing Aang at all. . .well, neither do you or anyone else currently watching. I'm a very different person than I was at 12, and I'm only 25. Aang would have 60 years on me, and I very much doubt he was the same person at 12 compared to how he was when either he died (At 66) or is now (At 82). Not to mention that Aang seemed, at least to me, different in Korra's visions, like he had grown much more serious. Especially since he Energybended Yakone so quickly and decisively. And, finally, as for no one else being able to take his bending away, anyone that had a stronger will than Aang's would be capable. For example, if Ozai or Yakone had stronger wills than Aang, Aang would have lost his bending instead of the other way around. Perhaps Aang tried to Energybend someone who had a stronger will than him. The part about the next Avatar being triggered if the previous Avatar lost his or her bending is pure speculation on my part, but it does fit with other pieces of the puzzle, namely Korra's blocks concerning Airbending and her spiritual side.

Again, though, I'm just speculating.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-06-09 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Sorry but that really makes no sense to me for the following reasons (assuming the next Avatar can even be born if the previous one is still alive):
    1) The avatar wikia states Aang died peacefully
    2) If Aang was Amon, how can his spirit contact Korra from the afterlife, and why would he even do that to reveal everything to her?

The only thing that gets this theory going is you can never get a good look on Amon's hands because the top side is covered with armor, possibly to chide the arrows that define an airbender. If someone does get a good view of Amon's hands where the arrows should be, please direct me to it so i can see for myself btw.

Then again there's no reason it couldn't be, your theory is as good as mine. It just sounds absurd to me, that's all.

On today's episode:

HHOOLLLYYY SHIIIT! A lot of questions answered: the man from the flashbacks was Yakone and Tarlokk was indeed his son. We also know Aang didn't kill Yakone but simply took away bending, but this was already expected anyway because of the nature of Aang.
    The amount of new questions after the episode is pretty sick too:
    How did Amon know the location of Korra's prison?
    How could Amon just walk up Tarlokk while he was being bloodbended by Tarlokk?
    And the old question still stands: who the hell is Amon and who is he related to?

My (new) theory after the events that happened:
    Amon must be a master waterbender himself, you can't just counter a bloodbender that easily. Not even Aang could do it if he wasn't in his Avatar state.
    But who the hell could he be related to then??
    Last edited by Goge; 2012-06-09 at 06:57 PM.

anyone else noticed how sad Aang looks in the visions (flashbacks), especially when talking with Toph, he looks and talks like he's sad and tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post

1) The avatar wikia states Aang died peacefully
    2) If Aang was Amon, how can his spirit contact Korra from the afterlife, and why would he even do that to reveal everything to her?
    As for the first part, what is the source of that information? Kind of strange for a 66 year old Avatar to die peacefully when Avatar Kyoshi lived to over 200 years old. As for the second, we don't know that he did. None of Aang's visions were like Korra's. All of Aang's visions were accompanied by a previous Avatar specifically speaking to and guiding Aang, usually Roku. Korra was able to just see some of Aang's memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    That theory could be correct, since Amon has pale skin and so does Aang. But Aang would need to be like what, 90 years old or something?
    He'd be 82 (12 + 70 year gap between TLA and LoK). But, considering Bumi was 112 and still Earthbending like a champ or that Kyoshi was well over 200 when she died, I don't really see that being a problem.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-06-09 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfield View Post
    anyone else noticed how sad Aang looks in the visions (flashbacks), especially when talking with Toph, he looks and talks like he's sad and tired.
    The Equalists knew that Tarrlok was lying about Korra. So in my opinion they stalked and followed Tarrlok. That is probably why they arrived a couple of minutes after Tarrlok to the house.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    The Equalists knew that Tarrlok was lying about Korra. So in my opinion they stalked and followed Tarrlok. That is probably why they arrived a couple of minutes after Tarrlok to the house.
    sorry I've removed that part because light in my head turned back on...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.