Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    What do you mean? We knew his identity since day one.
    Indeed, maybe plan wise or power wise, I dont know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    What do you mean? We knew his identity since day one.
    I think theories get a little out of hand. Ozai was the villain in TLA and he was a firebending master and that's it.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    I think theories get a little out of hand. Ozai was the villain in TLA and he was a firebending master and that's it.
    Except Ozai couldn't take peoples bending away nor resist bloodbending and didn't have a bloody mask on his face.
    Playing since 2007.

Yeah Ozai was almost always pretty straight forward, a fire bender and the leader of the fire nation.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

For some of the more mysterious characters, there were a ton of ridiculous theories though. Especially combustion man. Seriously, what was the significance of that third eye? Where did he come from? Why did he never speak? Why did the elite guard uniforms have similar third eyes? It's because he's Wan Shi Tong/ the sun spirit/ an airbender/ Azula's real father!
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Amon can really energy bend? In Korra's flashback Aang took Yakone's bending away and there was no light show or anything.
    Black Lives Matter

Do you think Amon can really energy bend? In Korra's flashback Aang took Yakone's bending away and there was no light show or anything.
    Well, his eyes/tattoo still glowed and I have no idea why he would enter the avatar state to energy bend (considering the backlash can destroy one's spirit, it would be a stupid thing to do). Maybe that's what the light show looks like on the outside?
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

yes I think he is energy bending.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Well, his eyes/tattoo still glowed and I have no idea why he would enter the avatar state to energy bend (considering the backlash can destroy one's spirit, it would be a stupid thing to do). Maybe that's what the light show looks like on the outside?
    The Avatar State was to null the bloodbending.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he is. I think it's something else entirely, he might be taking their powers for himself

The Avatar State was to null the bloodbending.
    How did that work anyway? It seems bloodbending can only be defeated by more powerful bloodbending. Also, he already left the avatar state when his eyes glowed again during the energybending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    yes I think he is energy bending.
    I think what we saw in TLA was in his mind how it felt, to show the spirits struggling/fighting, I dont think you saw it in the actual world.
    Not a 100% sure thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    I think what we saw in TLA was in his mind how it felt, to show the spirits struggling/fighting, I dont think you saw it in the actual world.
    Not a 100% sure thou.
    Yeah thats how I feel about it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

My Amon theory:

When Izula shot aang in the back with lightening he died, we know this because aang himself says "i wasn't just hurt was i? i was gone". Katara managed to bring him back to life using a combination of her master level healing skills and the special spirit water from the north pole.

Now some people have tried to use this to say that Amon is a second avatar created because of aangs second death. This can't be true because aang was in the avatar state when he died. and when the avatar dies IN the avatar state the cycle is broken and their will be no more avatars (Roku states this clearly to aang). Obviously aangs revival restored the cycle because we have Korra.

But heres what i think happened, go watch the ATLA finale again and listen to the Lion turtle when he is teaching spirit bending to aang:

"In the time before the avatar, people bended not the elements but each others spirits"

So would it be possible that in a time after the avatar (such as in the event the cycle was broken) people would go back to being spirit benders instead of element benders?

So basically i think when aang "died" and the cycle was temporarily broken it ended the era of element benders and allowed a natural spirit bender, Amon, to be born.

This could also explain how Amon was able to resist blood bending, because in order to be a spirit bender your own will must be "unbendable" according to the Lion Turtle.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    My Amon theory:

When Izula shot aang in the back with lightening he died, we know this because aang himself says "i wasn't just hurt was i? i was gone". Katara managed to bring him back to life using a combination of her master level healing skills and the special spirit water from the north pole.

Now some people have tried to use this to say that Amon is a second avatar created because of aangs second death. This can't be true because aang was in the avatar state when he died. and when the avatar dies IN the avatar state the cycle is broken and their will be no more avatars (Roku states this clearly to aang). Obviously aangs revival restored the cycle because we have Korra.

But heres what i think happened, go watch the ATLA finale again and listen to the Lion turtle when he is teaching spirit bending to aang:

"In the time before the avatar, people bended not the elements but each others spirits"

So would it be possible that in a time after the avatar (such as in the event the cycle was broken) people would go back to being spirit benders instead of element benders?

So basically i think when aang "died" and the cycle was temporarily broken it ended the era of element benders and allowed a natural spirit bender, Amon, to be born.

This could also explain how Amon was able to resist blood bending, because in order to be a spirit bender your own will must be "unbendable" according to the Lion Turtle.
    But that causes some problems as well, mostly where the hell Amon was for the last 68 years.

But that causes some problems as well, mostly where the hell Amon was for the last 68 years.
    I wouldn't say that is a "problem". But it does require explaining. I am sure we will get Amons backstory and how he came to hate benders in due time.

Perhaps, these last 68 years he's spent mastering his skills (Since there was obviously no one to teach him)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Perhaps, these last 68 years he's spent mastering his skills (Since there was obviously no one to teach him)
    I thought it would be interesting if perhaps he had met Guru Pathik, who while not a spirit bender is a master of spiritual teachings. I mean he was able to help aang learn about the avatar state when he himself is not the avatar so maybe he could help a young Amon understand spirit bending.

Ofcourse i really only postulate this because i thought he was a funny old kook and it would be cool to see him in a flashback or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It would be cool, I just wonder if Amon would've been old enough to learn from Pathik before he died. :s
    Well he was already stated as being the oldest man in the world, and seemed to be in amazing health. I don't think it is unreasonable to think that a man who has already lived to be twice the age of most people in the world would live another 15 years to meet a young Amon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    When you put it like that, I can see it happening.

Life expectancy in Avatar is crazy

Also consider that Avatar Kyoshi lived to be 230, and during the events of ATLA Pathik was 150, and if he was still alive in korra day it would make him 220-ish still younger then kyoshi lived to be.

Granted Kyoshi was an avatar, but Pathik seemed to be just as connected to the spirit world as any avatar to the point of having an intimate understanding of the avatar state. I think it is possible he is still alive.