Page 8 of 410 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where is that from? Is episode 4 out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes do tell us about this flashback, I'm quite the confused human being.

EDIT: He's not joking, googled a few things and apparently something was leaked about the next episode or it's already leaked completely, not sure.

EDIT2: Yeah just read a bit but I'm leaving it at that, it's pretty messed up, hence why the episode is called, "A Tragic Turn"

EDIT3: May be my last edit, Somebody from the Fire Nation we know is in fact alive.... I wonder who.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2012-04-27 at 11:09 AM.
    Hey everyone

Yes, 4th episode has leaked in its entirety, and the flashback at the end shows closeup of adult Sokka, adult Toph standing among the metalbender cops, adult Aang in somewhere that appears to be a court hall, half face of an unidentified man and then Aang apparently charging at someone.

Is the Legend of Korra really anime? I don't beleive it is. It's only fake-style anime that really wishes it where anime, like how Teen Titans thought it was really cute by using all those cliche anime... I don't know what to call them. I'm not saying I love or hate anime, but anime should probably not be an American animated cartoon...

I don't even like the Avatar series, it just struck me as really wrong for it to be labeled [Anime], because it is clearly not...

gave it a chance, my 6 year old said it was predictable.

and it is. nothing creative about it at all. it's a rehash

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Is the Legend of Korra really anime? I don't beleive it is. It's only fake-style anime that really wishes it where anime, like how Teen Titans thought it was really cute by using all those cliche anime... I don't know what to call them. I'm not saying I love or hate anime, but anime should probably not be an American animated cartoon...

I don't even like the Avatar series, it just struck me as really wrong for it to be labeled [Anime], because it is clearly not...
    Drop it, most of this thread has been people talking about this non-issue instead of the series itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate. The whole avatar series is still 10 times better than any anime out there. Anime cant even come close to the quality of the animation in both series of Avatar.

But you can't convince someone that only like japanese stuff and thinks everything else is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Is the Legend of Korra really anime?
    No, because this show is the complete opposite of utter crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Haters gonna hate. The whole avatar series is still 10 times better than any anime out there. Anime cant even come close to the quality of the animation in both series of Avatar.

But you can't convince someone that only like japanese stuff and thinks everything else is shit.
    I lolled, and then i called the asylum, because you're clearly highly delusional.

The shitty artists that work on avatar wish they could draw one tenth as good as Kentaro Miura.
    Last edited by mmoc16f03a3e1b; 2012-04-27 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    I lolled, and then i called the asylum, because you're clearly highly delusional.

The shitty artists that work on avatar wish they could draw one tenth as good as Kentaro Miura.
    Opinion is the inbred cousin of fact. Remember that quote and you're set for life. I do despise people who's logic seems to be "They don't agree with me therefore they are retarded".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    Yes, 4th episode has leaked in its entirety, and the flashback at the end shows closeup of adult Sokka, adult Toph standing among the metalbender cops, adult Aang in somewhere that appears to be a court hall, half face of an unidentified man and then Aang apparently charging at someone.
    Yea, thats the one. Sorry I didn't know it was leaked lol, was just updated on the website I watched it at so figured it was a regular release. Very interesting flashback, sokka looks alot more mature and serious then before....and that mysterious man's eyes looks alot like the closeup of amon, but he looked old so that means amon must be even older or some younger relative of that person perhaps.

Anime does not have to come from japan to be anime, it's a style of animation that originated there, but has been adapted in various countries like us, china, or korea.

Avatar I would consider anime, it has the same style of animation, and lots of the same mannerisms and expressions used in anime like the strange faces for different feelings, stress marks on forehead, nose bubble to represent sleeping, and the action is just like alot of anime as well.

And FYI, Avatar is alot better anime then most of the stuff japan comes out with. The quality of the animation is way better, the story and dialogue are always good, and the fighting scenes are amazing.....lots of japan anime's fighting is people shouting words and spells and using hand gestures to use the same ability over and over again, which gets old fast.....basically all the fighting you see in the most popular anime like dbz, naruto, bleach ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the 4th episode... It has some very interesting things happening at the end. :P
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post

EDIT: He's not joking, googled a few things and apparently something was leaked about the next episode or it's already leaked completely, not sure.

EDIT2: Yeah just read a bit but I'm leaving it at that, it's pretty messed up, hence why the episode is called, "A Tragic Turn"

EDIT3: May be my last edit, Somebody from the Fire Nation we know is in fact alive.... I wonder who.
    Unless my Tivo is wrong "A Tragic Turn" isn't the name of the episode. It's called "The Voice in the Night".

Edit having watched it I can say all of this is 100% false.
    Last edited by Xeones; 2012-04-28 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Unless my Tivo is wrong "A Tragic Turn" isn't the name of the episode. It's called "The Voice in the Night".

Edit having watched it I can say all of this is 100% false.
    Well somebody in the Fire Nation is still alive, and we know him quite well from the previous Avatar series.
    Hey everyone

Well somebody in the Fire Nation is still alive, and we know him quite well from the previous Avatar series.
    Yep, that was confirmed on the official site a few days ago. I hope we see him at some point. He's travelling the world though, so we might have to wait a season or two (if Korra ever leaves the city).

Episode 5 looks like it will be about pro-bending. I was hoping for more Amon. Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Anime does not have to come from japan to be anime, it's a style of animation that originated there, but has been adapted in various countries like us, china, or korea.

Avatar I would consider anime, it has the same style of animation, and lots of the same mannerisms and expressions used in anime like the strange faces for different feelings, stress marks on forehead, nose bubble to represent sleeping, and the action is just like alot of anime as well.
    As im pretty sure has been said, anime has two different interpretations, one from Japan and one from everyone outside of Japan.
    Most westerners consider anime to only be Anime if its at least animated in Japan.
    The Japanese definition of anime is any animation. No exceptions. The Simpsons is anime. Family Guy is anime. Blinky Bill is anime.

The Japanese definition however, doesnt sit right with most people, which is why a Simpsons thread probably shouldnt have an [Anime] tag.
    And FYI, Avatar is alot better anime then most of the stuff japan comes out with. The quality of the animation is way better, the story and dialogue are always good, and the fighting scenes are amazing.....lots of japan anime's fighting is people shouting words and spells and using hand gestures to use the same ability over and over again, which gets old fast.....basically all the fighting you see in the most popular anime like dbz, naruto, bleach ect.
    How do 3 shonen series correlate to "most anime"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa wait a minute, am I the only one to notice Aang doesn't have his tattoo's on his body in the flashback?
    Hey everyone

Finally got around to watching this series. I like that it--in terms of writing--is similar to Book 3 of AtLA. There was a strange phenomenon in the last series where you could clearly tell the intended demographic shifted after Book 1 to an older crowd, coming to a climax in Book 3 with lots of themes that are over little kids' heads like the Azula's mental break and Aang's inability to come to terms with killing. LoK seems like its going to keep going down that road.

In regards to the conversation going up there ^^^ over whether its anime or not--Jesus, man. I've never seen people hold on to semantics so firmly.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-04-29 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Yea, that whole thing was an aprils fools joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Yep, that was confirmed on the official site a few days ago. I hope we see him at some point. He's travelling the world though, so we might have to wait a season or two (if Korra ever leaves the city).

Episode 5 looks like it will be about pro-bending. I was hoping for more Amon. Oh well.
    Where on the site can I find this info?

And why do they show korra on sat morn at 10? What a lame time slot lol.
    As im pretty sure has been said, anime has two different interpretations, one from Japan and one from everyone outside of Japan.
    Most westerners consider anime to only be Anime if its at least animated in Japan.
    The Japanese definition of anime is any animation. No exceptions. The Simpsons is anime. Family Guy is anime. Blinky Bill is anime.

The Japanese definition however, doesnt sit right with most people, which is why a Simpsons thread probably shouldnt have an [Anime] tag.
    That makes sense.....the japanese call all animation, anime....just like US does cartoons. For us, anime is a style of cartoon though, which avatar would fit under, or naruto, dbz, samurai champloo, gundam, howls moving castle ect.
    How do 3 shonen series correlate to "most anime"?
    Not most, just the popular ones. And I'm mainly talking any anime with a similar theme of group of kids who have mystical/elemental powers and martial fights.....avatar imo is alot better then something very similar in theme from japan, like naruto. Both are good though, have great characters, but the whole hand signs and special named attacks you see that come straight from manga to anime get real corny. In avatar is just wild, various uses of the elements that work seamlessly with the fighting.

I've seen lots of other good anime like beserk, samurai seven, champloo, and cowboy bepop and ton of other stuff. Those are good quality stuff, and I'd even put avatar on there level before naruto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, that whole thing was an aprils fools joke.

Where on the site can I find this info?
    Where, well go look around the republic city on official website and it clearly tells you he is traveling around the world as a peace ambassador and is 87 and 3 years retired from firelord and his daughter now leads the fire nation.
    Hey everyone