Deleted
    I think the big thing everyone is conserned about is "What now?". I mean ... you are totally right, there was a clear end to the entire plot. I cant possibly find anything that was missed out and didnt get an explanation or sth like that. What were the big problems in this 12 episodes? a) Amon and the revolution b) Bending taked away c) at the finale Avatar only with Airbending abilitys. And what happened to this "big" problems? They got all solved in the finale.
    The only thing i could imagine is that the revolution will go on. Maybe Amon was just a underling? Maybe there is someone much biger then him and much of a bigger thread then him. Who nows? I can just say that it was allready said that Korra will a) have 26 Episodes and b) has room for a third and even a 4. book, as long as Nick orders more episodes. So we can be sure that there still is some major plot going on and that this entire amon thing was just the beginning of something BIG.

My hopes are that there will be more bending vs bending action going on. I just miss the "cool" bending fights from AtLA and i really hope they will come back.

PS: Someone said he wanted Korra traveling the world, just like Aang did ... Wont happen buddy =( It was also allready said that they dont want Korra to do this, because it would feel to much like AtLA.

source of everything i said: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra

"DiMartino stated in June 2012 that plots were being conceived for possible future seasons, saying, "We have story ideas for past book two. So we will see if and when those stories come to light." However, Konietzko also mentioned in the same interview that it was not up to them to greenlight new seasons.[18] This information reveals that only time will tell whether or not a third Legend of Korra season will air"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    He creates a hole in the wall of fire to jump through.
    that's what happens when someone runs through fire fyi. the wind caused by your motions distorts the fire, plus if you rush straight through fire you will not get burned (but i don't think that's either here nor there)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    that's what happens when someone runs through fire fyi. the wind caused by your motions distorts the fire, plus if you rush straight through fire you will not get burned (but i don't think that's either here nor there)
    Very well, guess I gave that part too much thought. I don't usually see people jumping through fire :P
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    I hate this shipping garbage. Such generic teen drama. Anyone under the age of 22 who uses the word "love" in that context should be drawn and quartered.
    Are you seriously instigating that young people are unable to form lasting relationships with each other? Because if so I'm a direct contradiction to your ignorant claim. I've been with my significant other since I was 17, I'm 23 now.

Young people in some cases are perfectly capable of forming mature relationships, I have to wonder how you find Korra/Mako bad but Aang/katara acceptable.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-06-23 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Very well, guess I gave that part too much thought. I don't usually see people jumping through fire :P
    It's a hobby of mine, you know apart from healing people with mere water and knocking them out by hitting presure points.

I do agree that this season feels very much like an entire series though, there's a clear bad guy from the start, you get the gang and the bad guy is defeated. In comparison the fire lord didn't really get a face untill book 3, up untill then it was earthbender being a pain, sandbenders being a pain, Azula being a pain, Sparky sparky boom man being a pain...

Also there's no real epic stuff happening from the avatars side. It would've been cool if she had made a giant wave to form a wall to stop the plains from flying around. Or simply shooting herself up (like Iroh does but with water) in the air and then firebending to take stuff out. The action scenes were pretty boring/anticlimatic.

I really like the series though but I miss the "omfg, did you see that?" moments like toph bending metal, the frigin huge wave Aang created when the fire nation attacked the northern water tribe, Iroh's dragon breath (not certain of the name), the swamp benders and their creature and so on.

Well that was good. Ending was a little Deus Exy but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It's a hobby of mine, you know apart from healing people with mere water and knocking them out by hitting presure points.
    You are now Meledelion, master of Kuma-Ryu, guardian of the sand-walkers.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Isn't the main reason why all the questions are answered and the story seems finished is because there was no plan on making a second season in the first place?

I think by the time Nick ordered a second season, the story for this one was already written.

Still, judging from the storyline and plot twists, I don't think they'll drop the ball on the second season and it will be equally good, even if they have set their standards pretty high with the first season.

I hope they got the idea of how well avatar is rated, and eventually make another avatar series after LoK

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Are you seriously instigating that young people are unable to form lasting relationships with each other? Because if so I'm a direct contradiction to your ignorant claim. I've been with my significant other since I was 17, I'm 23 now.

Young people in some cases are perfectly capable of forming mature relationships, I have to wonder how you find Korra/Mako bad but Aang/katara acceptable.
    I don't think that it's impossible for young people to form lasting relationships, I'm saying that no relationship except in hacky teen drama starts with a proclamation of love after nothing more than a couple of months of being in "its complicated." Feel free to form a lasting relationship, but go through protocol. No one starts with love except Cinderella and DeGrassi.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-06-23 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Well that was good. Ending was a little Deus Exy but still good.
    well the main character is an AVATAR, what did you expect?
    Last edited by ambigiouslynamed; 2012-06-23 at 10:57 PM.
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    It just doesn't seem as bad in a show that had 61 episodes before the plot that drove all three season ended then a plot that drove 12 cramped episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It just doesn't seem as bad in a show that had 61 episodes before the plot that drove all three season ended then a plot that drove 12 cramped episodes.
    well there was less to do. Aang had to travel teh world, master elements, make allies and more. Korra just had to master airbending and deal with Amon
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    well there was less to do. Aang had to travel teh world, master elements, make allies and more. Korra just had to master airbending and deal with Amon
    The thing is Aang's story, being more drawn out, had a lot more time to develop and he spent time mastering each element, traveling the world, and making allies.

Korra on the other hand spent half an episode training airbending at the beginning, then suddenly knows it at the end, and every time she tried to deal with Amon she failed so pathetically that the way she finally dealt with him at the end was kinda funny in a strange way.

10+ Year Old Account
    How easily Amon was disposed of in such an unrealistic manner, how they tied in the Yakone/Amon story in a slightly cheesy way, her regaining all her bending powers with just a touch from Aang, and how she was able to grant others back their bending made it a less then desirable ending for me.

I really think Amon could have gone out much more stylish, I was actually hoping he wouldn't go out at all. For him to survive for the next season and help expand the bender/non-bender rebellion world wide would have made for a nice season continuation. How they finished Amon slightly made up for it though.

The Yakone/Amon story was just plain cheesy. The groans around me from the people watching it and from people online I was chatting with confirmed it for me. Sure it was a fairly common theory, but how they tied it in dealt a blow to what could have been some amazing plot twists. I'm not too worried about that though.

I'm probably most disappointed with the last two. The happy ending for a first season, when TLA didn't have one until the end of the third season (with each season being much longer) really squeezed things together for LoK. They shouldn't of had such a happy ending for a first, not to mention short, season, but instead left a few things resolved, a few things to be desired, and a nice but not too harsh cliffhanger. Instead they disposed of all the villains, everything went back to happy happy, and there's nothing but speculation for the next season on who will be the next bad guy.

It feels like the creators for this show where only looking at a single season when they started it so they crammed everything from the story into a second season. It was probably only after they had written most of the story and had it outlined that they where greenlit for a second, so they didn't have the story or planning potential for 61 episodes, but only 12.

Korra gaining back her bending with such a simple touch from Aang topped the cheesy meter for me. I was slightly hoping she would have to work a bit harder to regain her bending, such as go around the world to various spiritual places to commune with the spirit world, getting it back bit by bit with hard work. It would have helped with the story for a second or even third season, and would have actually shown Korra put effort into something, which she hasn't done at all the first season when you saw Aang try left and right throughout TLA.

Korra giving back bending to everyone was just horrible story writing overall, the only reason I could fathom them doing it is to not scare or make the children sad (which they probably already did with the suicide). It was nice seeing Lin regain her bending, but it also diminished all that Amon did the entire series. It's like absolutely nothing even happened and Amon never even existed. At the end of a civil war like that there has to be some scars to add that realism to the story, but this had none.. expect maybe some scorched buildings and a few people in jail.

I really enjoyed the series overall, and the above isn't trying to bash it in any way, every critique I put I hope I did well placed, and I am most definitely looking forward to a second season.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention. Bumi confirmed for best character of season 2.
    I don't think you understand that Season 1 was supposed to be the end of Legend of Korra. The creators said that when they had finished the story and it was being animated, Nick asked them to do a second season and they said ok. They weren't going to just scrap season 1, though. That's why Season 1 has such a sense of finality to it. If they had left a bunch of cliffhangers it would've made the ending terrible if they didn't continue it in Season 2 (which they didn't even know a season 2 was going to happen at the time.)

I liked the show, and still love the TLA series, the only thing that really bothered me about Korra is the good guys NEVER WIN ANYTHING. Every single battle is the good guys getting the crap beat out of them and running away, there's like..One or two episodes that feature a small fight where Korra's gang or Tenzin or Lin or whomever actually come out on top.

I was really disappointed in the ending of this season, Korra pretty much gets the crap kicked out of her, General Iroh does more useful asskicking than any of the good guys *in the entire series*, then Amon gets publicly exposed and leaves, presumably to return and murderize everyone's bending elsewhere. Korra didn't solve any problem, the entire point of the series was to let Aang, WHO IS DEAD, fix everything by energybending and teaching Korra how to fix everyone. :P

Koizilla should've made a triumphant return, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ending didn't surprise me, I know what to expect from Avatar. You can't take the bending of the avatar spirit away rather than the person itself. I got goosebumps when Aang appeared though

What did surprise me was what Tarlokk did, really didn't think they'd do that

The good guys didn't win that much in LoA either lol, to quote Suki

"It seems like every time there's a big battle you guys barely make it out alive I mean, you guys lose a lot"

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I don't think you understand that Season 1 was supposed to be the end of Legend of Korra. The creators said that when they had finished the story and it was being animated, Nick asked them to do a second season and they said ok. They weren't going to just scrap season 1, though. That's why Season 1 has such a sense of finality to it. If they had left a bunch of cliffhangers it would've made the ending terrible if they didn't continue it in Season 2 (which they didn't even know a season 2 was going to happen at the time.)
    I think they'll keep it like that now. Season 2 will probably feel very final at the end
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-23 at 11:25 PM.

well we also never found out what happened to Zuko's mother

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is Aang's story, being more drawn out, had a lot more time to develop and he spent time mastering each element, traveling the world, and making allies.

Korra on the other hand spent half an episode training airbending at the beginning, then suddenly knows it at the end, and every time she tried to deal with Amon she failed so pathetically that the way she finally dealt with him at the end was kinda funny in a strange way.
    she spent much more than that, it was one of her main focuses for quite awhile (especially on the task force episode)

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacho View Post
    well we also never found out what happened to Zuko's mother
    I hope they do something about this in the comics. because at the moment it seems like they are just using this as a way to make fun of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I said that. :P

It feels like the creators for this show where only looking at a single season when they started it so they crammed everything from the story into a second season. It was probably only after they had written most of the story and had it outlined that they where greenlit for a second, so they didn't have the story or planning potential for 61 episodes, but only 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naekiwi View Post
    I liked the show, and still love the TLA series, the only thing that really bothered me about Korra is the good guys NEVER WIN ANYTHING. Every single battle is the good guys getting the crap beat out of them and running away, there's like..One or two episodes that feature a small fight where Korra's gang or Tenzin or Lin or whomever actually come out on top.

I was really disappointed in the ending of this season, Korra pretty much gets the crap kicked out of her, General Iroh does more useful asskicking than any of the good guys *in the entire series*, then Amon gets publicly exposed and leaves, presumably to return and murderize everyone's bending elsewhere. Korra didn't solve any problem, the entire point of the series was to let Aang, WHO IS DEAD, fix everything by energybending and teaching Korra how to fix everyone. :P

Koizilla should've made a triumphant return, that's all.
    I am actually disappointed Amon didn't win. Him winning at the end of the first season would create a good cliffhanger to be resolved in later seasons. I sometimes despise how every single time the "good guy" wins the major battle, be it the end of the season, or the end of the anime, and the bad guys are stuck with smaller battles.

I would have liked to see more from the good guys, but I would have also liked to see more from the bad guys to counter that.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    she spent much more than that, it was one of her main focuses for quite awhile (especially on the task force episode)[COLOR="red"]
    Maybe it just didn't feel strong enough to be noticeable above the love triangle and the pro tourney's and everything else going on that it felt like she learned it way faster and more suddenly then she should have. Sparse training between episodes or no.